BlakeandOlha

January Filers at the CSC - How are you doing?

4,270 posts in this topic

Oh - I'm not expecting presents anyway, which makes it doubly-worse that my future-MIL wants us to make a registry too!

Thank you for the good luck wishes, dbears - and aren't our men silly. Sometimes having a webcam isn't necessarily a good thing, because no one does the whole pouty-face puppy-dog-eyes better than Alex :P

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I was 5'3...

I'm getting scared to ask you're size...

I'm not too far from 5'3 don't worry (I won't give you more information than that :P )

Ahh ic... I was getting scared it was somewhere in the 4'3 range :P haha j/k ;)

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I'm not too far from 5'3 don't worry (I won't give you more information than that :P )

Ahh ic... I was getting scared it was somewhere in the 4'3 range :P haha j/k ;)

:lol:

Talking about registry, gifts, and all these things, what do people usually do in the USA? Do they usually give gifts (and then does the married-to-be couple always make a registry) or do they usually offer money? I'm just curious.

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

sunny, that is a cool tattoo! My guy was turned away at the border as well but we have other ways of marking that day! :lol:

Rachel... I think you keep the name too. :)

Hi Olga. waving.gif

:lol: Gay(e)... I'm with Ricky!

Cecile and Bryan... people here do everything from big and expensive to simple. Many couples will register places because even if you say 'no gifts' people will still want to bring them. Well, I do anyway. ;) I like to give money. My first wedding was HUGE and expensive with hundreds of people. Was nice but it was real easy to lose the meaning and, looking back, the money could have been better spent. ;) It really depends on what the two of YOU want... and nobody else. Well..that's how it should be anyway.;)

timeline.jpg

From what I have read/heard it's largely dependent on where you live - some states/cities have a tradition of giving money whereas people living elsewhere will consider it a serious breach of etiquette.

Registries seem fairly standard these days; I even did a survey on Facebook to see what my friends and family thought and the only person who said they found registries vulgar was my Japanese friend.

Alex wrote in an e-mail last night:

My parents are adamant about my side of the family buying us presents for the wedding - I think you not wanting to accept presents is a battle that just won't be won, unfortunately. I'll let you make up the registry, though, and we'll only put stuff that we could actually need, like kitchen stuff, instead of stuff we'd want (I'm sure people would tend towards things we'd need anyway).

This makes me feel old. I'm definitely at the stage where the 'stuff I'd want' IS practical kitchen/dinner ware. :lol:

Edited by Alex & Rachel

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Timeline

My parents are adamant about my side of the family buying us presents for the wedding - I think you not wanting to accept presents is a battle that just won't be won, unfortunately. I'll let you make up the registry, though, and we'll only put stuff that we could actually need, like kitchen stuff, instead of stuff we'd want (I'm sure people would tend towards things we'd need anyway).

This makes me feel old. I'm definitely at the stage where the 'stuff I'd want' IS practical kitchen/dinner ware. :lol:

:lol: First battle against the in-laws lost!

It seems that you are going to have to surrender and use that opportunity to get all kinds of neat stuff for your next house.

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Actually, we could really, really use any gifts we're given. We'll be starting off with nothing. First marriage for both of us and Alex hasn't even left home yet! So at least I won't feel too guilty, as I probably would if we already had a household full of stuff and were receiving duplicates/extras.

Ooh, it's going to be exciting :D I'm a little tired of the cheap, second-hand goods that I've been used to for the past seven years since leaving my hometown to attend university. Chipped plates, blunt knives and a cupboard full of glasses pilfered from local pubs and novelty mugs are de rigeur amongst students and recent graduates. :lol:

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Timeline
Actually, we could really, really use any gifts we're given. We'll be starting off with nothing. First marriage for both of us and Alex hasn't even left home yet! So at least I won't feel too guilty, as I probably would if we already had a household full of stuff and were receiving duplicates/extras.

Ooh, it's going to be exciting :D I'm a little tired of the cheap, second-hand goods that I've been used to for the past seven years since leaving my hometown to attend university. Chipped plates, blunt knives and a cupboard full of glasses pilfered from local pubs and novelty mugs are de rigeur amongst students and recent graduates. :lol:

I totally agree with you. I have not bought any new nice house ware since I met Bryan because I knew I would not be staying in France very long. And before that, I never had much stuff since I was a student too. And I'm tired of moving from one apartment to another (6 different places since I left my hometown 6 years ago)

I never had local pubs glasses though :P

This time we're going to settle down :)

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Can fully sympathise there - I've had 7 moves in 7 years myself! 'Settle down' - sounds like a dream to me!

I've never -ahem- 'acquired' pub glasses myself, but my friends are terrible - my housemate has actually worn wide-leg jeans with huge pockets to the pub before for the express purpose of taking a couple of pint glasses. I have a couple of Stella Artois glasses that a former co-worker gave me; one day, when I was planning to buy some glasses, she said, 'don't be ridiculous! You don't have to buy them! My husband works in a pub, I'll get him to give you a couple' - and she did! Brand new pint glasses wrapped in individual boxes.

Woo - it's been 80 days since our petition was mailed! We really could start to see some approvals next month. :)I've created a little count-up page; having a ticker in a signature isn't enough. :P

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Woo - it's been 80 days since our petition was mailed! We really could start to see some approvals next month. :)I've created a little count-up page; having a ticker in a signature isn't enough. :P

Huggleslut.com??

Do I even want to know? :P haha

N400 Timeline:

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

04/17/12 - Biometrics

Huggleslut.com??

It's a gimmick site I created back in the day. Look at the images on the front page. Aren't they cute? :D

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
From what I have read/heard it's largely dependent on where you live - some states/cities have a tradition of giving money whereas people living elsewhere will consider it a serious breach of etiquette.

Registries seem fairly standard these days; I even did a survey on Facebook to see what my friends and family thought and the only person who said they found registries vulgar was my Japanese friend.

I think the cash vs. present is more cultural than regional. I've been to weddings in virtually every section of the country and the only cash focused gifts were in Greek and Jewish services. The larger the number of attendees also points to using a registry so you get what you need rather than 20 plate warmers. I will be having a small wedding, and I already have a full kitchen and dinnerware set, so there will really not be a need to register.

Edited by BlakeandOlha

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

Huggleslut.com??

It's a gimmick site I created back in the day. Look at the images on the front page. Aren't they cute? :D

aahhh ic ic, makes sense.. the name was sure worth a laff :D and yah, theyre cute hehe^^

N400 Timeline:

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

04/17/12 - Biometrics

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

well, i was reviewing the timelines of couples here in VJ and i found out that majority of the applicant's span of time from wen they got their NOA1 til theyve received their NOA2 is up to 3-4 mos..so january filers, we'll expect approvals coming this month til mid may! wwoohoo!

then to add up...still, based on what i observed frm VJers timelines..the span of time frm when they receive their NOA2 til they get an approval from their embassy interview is just for month. so us, january filers are expecting to be interviewed at the embassy on JulyAugust-ish..

and hopefully fly to the U.S. right after our approval!!!!!!!! star_smile.gif

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 3 - NVC sent letter to petitioner

Jul 15 - confirmation letter received (tnk u my dear DHL)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

Aug 28 - USEM interview date! (eto' na!) - PASSED - PINK SLIP ONLY!

Sept 26 - PAL departure - MNL-LAX

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Jan 30 2009 - AOS with EAD and AP submitted to Chi, IL

Feb 4 - check cleared

Feb 10 - AOS, EAD, AP NOA1 received!

Feb 19 - Biometric appointment letter received

Feb 28 - Biometrics schedule

Mar 28 - AP and interview invitation received by mail

Apr 2 - EAD card recieved

May 15 - Interview Schedule - APPROVED!

Jun 25 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED ON MAIL Dated June 16

Timeline

Yes, who knows.... it might be our turn soon!! And even if it's not soon, we're getting closer to the end.

Tomorrow it will be exactly 3 months since Bryan sent our petition to CSC.

It seems that it went fast. but at the same time, thinking of the many months remaining until I get the visa almost makes me depressed sometimes (that's why I'm hoping for a fast approval, because even if it might not be true, at least it makes me feel better that we might be approved in a month). Yesterday I was thinking that maybe I should go to visit him while waiting. But that's kind of stupid to spend the money to go there now (that would be for 2 weeks and I would only see him evenings and weekends since he would work) and and then again in 4 months and be able to stay together forever. We've been used to staying apart long times. But it would be nice to see each other for a while.

Did anyone start gathering information for the next part of the process? Did the US citizens start filing the I-134 and gathering financial proofs? Did some foreign fiances ask their police certificate and birth certificate to their government?

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.