BlakeandOlha

January Filers at the CSC - How are you doing?

4,270 posts in this topic

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Awwww OMG on you calling him Bear etc...that is what I call Gareth! He just reminds me of a bear! And after him being turned away in Detroit I went and got this tattoo in honor of our journey together....

WHOA!!! that is a KWEL looking tattoo :thumbs: .

Rick reminds me of a bear also, he is soooo hairy like a bear and him being 6 ft while I am just 5'2 (ok 5'1 & 1/2 :whistle: ), he is indeed so much bigger than me so I call him my Big Bear. he just followed suit and started calling me Little or Li'l bear. :luv:

Tee hee thanks! Got a lot of smack for the tattoo over on another message board....ahem....haha....but yeah we are both into tattoos so thought it suitable to get one in honor of our journey! I mean Paddington is an immigrant you know haha!

Yeah Gareth is fuzzy like a bear too and just built thick haha. He is about 5'8 or 5'9 I am only 5'2 as well....well 5'2 and 3/4's so I got ya beat a little haha! He calls me all sorts of things one being Sunny Bear since I had that nickname as a child when kids said I looked like Sunni from the cartoon Gummi Bears LOL....and then he also calls me his Bunny as in SnuggleBunny hahaha...yeah we are sappy like that ;)

hi, im a csc filer who got my noa1 on january 30...just wanted to say goodluck to all january filers like me! and of course, to all those who filed before us. :dance:

Welcome Gabriela you will love it here! So supportive!! Good luck to you!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

Welcome Gabriela! :D

That's a pretty awesome Paddington tattoo, sunnybear. Does he have marmalade sandwiches stowed away in that suitcase? ;)

What do people think? Name change or no?

If I had a nickname for Alex the last thing it'd be would be bear. :lol: He's an inch shorter than me and weighs considerably less (I'm not that overweight, he's just really slender!) I do get called bunny, though. Last summer I sent him a Steiff stuffed rabbit from Hamley's in London (awesomely huge toystore) - if he can't always have me, at least he has one snugglebunny.

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Welcome Gabriela! :D

That's a pretty awesome Paddington tattoo, sunnybear. Does he have marmalade sandwiches stowed away in that suitcase? ;)

What do people think? Name change or no?

If I had a nickname for Alex the last thing it'd be would be bear. :lol: He's an inch shorter than me and weighs considerably less (I'm not that overweight, he's just really slender!) I do get called bunny, though. Last summer I sent him a Steiff stuffed rabbit from Hamley's in London (awesomely huge toystore) - if he can't always have me, at least he has one snugglebunny.

Tee hee sooo cute~! I loooveeee Hamleys! Went there during Christmas 2006 I think it was.

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

hi, im a csc filer who got my noa1 on january 30...just wanted to say goodluck to all january filers like me! and of course, to all those who filed before us. :dance:

Welcome to the club!

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Welcome gabriela!

Rachel, you would love Olga, same with you Yoko, Dbears, and Ciciel - however, she does not really understand how welcomed she would be, nor how important your advice and counsel that she would find here.
Yes - I am sure we would love Olga (after all, we love you, Blake - and like attracts like) and would certainly welcome her! It is funny how few couples actually post together - it's usually just one half making all the posts. Oh well!

I second that. I am 101% positive we will all love Olga :star: More than advice and counsel, this group is a haven of support and inspiration and friendship.hug2a.gif

As for couples not posting together.. if Rachel will change her screen name to just Rachel, maybe I should also change mine to just "li'l bear"... it is Dbears because I call him big bear and he calls me li'l bear: big bear + li'l bear = the bears or 'D'bears :innocent:

Awwww OMG on you calling him Bear etc...that is what I call Gareth! He just reminds me of a bear! And after him being turned away in Detroit I went and got this tattoo in honor of our journey together....

Nice tattoo :) Bryan is into tattoos too. Right now he's waiting for money to add more on his body. Big pieces are expensive. I'm also planning on getting a big one but I have other priorities right now in my life (something to do with immigration... :D)

And don't start comparing sizes, people! I'm sure I'm the smallest anyway...

@Blake: From the pictures on your profile, Olga seems very sweet. I'm sure we will all love her :)

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Nothing wrong with being small! There are lots of very petite ladies in California making me feel like a towering heffalump whenever I visit the malls.

I discussed changing my screenname with Alex and at my suggestion of dropping his name he went all pouty. :P

I love Blake's photos, too.

Looks like I may be battling with the future in-laws over wedding plans. They reckon a pot-luck wedding would be okay (I don't) and would also like us to make a registry. Eek!

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Nothing wrong with being small! There are lots of very petite ladies in California making me feel like a towering heffalump whenever I visit the malls.

You should check out Hawaii when you're there.. I'm 6 ft and I feel like a giant lol :lol:

N400 Timeline:

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

04/17/12 - Biometrics

Timeline
I discussed changing my screenname with Alex and at my suggestion of dropping his name he went all pouty. :P

Looks like I may be battling with the future in-laws over wedding plans. They reckon a pot-luck wedding would be okay (I don't) and would also like us to make a registry. Eek!

Then you'd better keep that screenname ;)

Actually I think a pot-luck wedding could be fun, but I'd be too scared of what people would bring!

You should check out Hawaii when you're there.. I'm 6 ft and I feel like a giant lol :lol:

you mean my size would actually be "normal" in Hawaii? yeah we definitely have to go there! :D

Nothing wrong with being small except when you can't grab things on the upper shelves in stores. :lol:

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

you mean my size would actually be "normal" in Hawaii? yeah we definitely have to go there! :D

Nothing wrong with being small except when you can't grab things on the upper shelves in stores. :lol:

Haha yeah.. The majority of the people has either some form of Asian background or a Micronesian background over there which means the average is smaller, same as with my SO, she is 5'3.

Pretty cool tho, over here I am considered as average, now I will be among the taller ones haha.

N400 Timeline:

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

04/17/12 - Biometrics

Timeline

I wish I was 5'3...

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Actually I think a pot-luck wedding could be fun, but I'd be too scared of what people would bring!

Yes, no changing it now! :blush:

I wouldn't be scared of what people would bring, it's just that I think I'd find it too informal even for an informal wedding. Also, Alex's side of the family would probably be the only guests to bring dishes, as my side of the family obviously wouldn't have access to a kitchen, not to mention they'll have already spent a lot of money on flying.

Plus, I think it's bad etiquette for people to feel that they have to bring a dish and a present. I mean, it's wrong to expect a present in the first place, asking people to bring a dish as well seems even worse!

True - that must be frustrating. Although it's always an excuse to find a tall hunk of a man to help you! ;) Oh, and I'd love to go to Hawaii someday, too.

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

I wish I was 5'3...

I'm getting scared to ask you're size...

N400 Timeline:

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

04/17/12 - Biometrics

Welcome Gabriela hugs3.gif

And don't start comparing sizes, people! I'm sure I'm the smallest anyway...

Cecile, David did kill Goliath. I can sense that you are a very smart woman and that makes you so much bigger than your physical size. :thumbs:

Nothing wrong with being small! There are lots of very petite ladies in California making me feel like a towering heffalump whenever I visit the malls. - i won't mind if you will give me some few inches :whistle:

I discussed changing my screenname with Alex and at my suggestion of dropping his name he went all pouty. :P - why are guys the same? same way with Rick. :wacko:

I love Blake's photos, too. -SECONDED. Lovely couple :thumbs:

Looks like I may be battling with the future in-laws over wedding plans. They reckon a pot-luck wedding would be okay (I don't) and would also like us to make a registry. Eek!- I have nothing to say except shrug1.gif & Good luck, I'm sure you will be able to handle it. (Monster-in-Law keeps playing on my mind right now :whistle: .. it was funny and it did have a very happy ending).

Speaking of tattoos, Ricky have one tiger tattoo. He is planning to get another one but he said he will NEVER tattoo my name on his body... well, my name is not really Gaye but just plain GAY and then the surname(Thanks to my mother :blink: )... but he did say that he will want to tattoo my face on his body someday. :blush:

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Timeline

Yes, no changing it now! :blush:

I wouldn't be scared of what people would bring, it's just that I think I'd find it too informal even for an informal wedding. Also, Alex's side of the family would probably be the only guests to bring dishes, as my side of the family obviously wouldn't have access to a kitchen, not to mention they'll have already spent a lot of money on flying.

Plus, I think it's bad etiquette for people to feel that they have to bring a dish and a present. I mean, it's wrong to expect a present in the first place, asking people to bring a dish as well seems even worse!

Well, if we were having a pot-luck wedding (which I don't think we will), then I would not expect any presents.

I wish I was 5'3...

I'm getting scared to ask you're size...

I'm not too far from 5'3 don't worry (I won't give you more information than that :P)

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.