BlakeandOlha

January Filers at the CSC - How are you doing?

4,270 posts in this topic

I know it has only been five days since my interview but I am already impatient for my visa to arrive! :P As dbears says I'll feel much happier once it's in my hand!

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeroen, I thought you and Michelle will have an all out hawaiian wedding, wearing hawaiian dress and shirts?

Haha, I'll prolly still wear one but idk about her haha.. we also said it would be very small without relatives and now some ppl might actually come hahaha.. oh well, it doesn't really matter much to me, I'm quite easy in those things :)

Always happens, doesn't it?! :wacko:

Blake - that dress is gorgeous!

Ooh, and Jeroen - I think Alex and I will have a belated honeymoon in Hawaii sometime next year!

lol it sure does :lol: ..and I wouldn't be surprised if her mom actually tells us to do a big wedding (she did that with her brother too while they wanted to keep it small haha) but nah, if it is up to me, it will be small with just her mom and a witness and that's it haha.. oh well, we'll see what happens :)

And cool you guys might go to Hawaii.. I'm pretty sure you'll love it there.. ppl say sometimes it's quite cliché too have a honeymoon in Hawaii but if you ask me, Hawaii is perfectly fit for it ^^ Let me know where you guys plan to go and I might be able to give some pointers of areas that you should see ^^

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Thanks! I shall do! :D

And yes, it's cliché, but like you said, it looks perfect for honeymoons and it's not too far from California, plus it's a US state so we could fly there before I have my greencard in hand!

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

I know it has only been five days since my interview but I am already impatient for my visa to arrive! :P As dbears says I'll feel much happier once it's in my hand!

:lol: I soooo know this feeling :lol:

They told me they would send out my passport, visa and everything last Friday through registered mail so I checked this weekend on the tracing site of the postal services and found that they didn't send it out... but ok, I thought maybe their thing is broken again (happens more often lately, a few packages seem still to be in Amsterdam while my fiance already has it lol) so I told my mom to stay at my place in the morning so they can sign for it and get my package (that, and she wanted to do some cleaning for the stuffs that I will sell or give away) but newp, nothing yesterday..

Last night I checked agian if they might have registered the mail but again nothing so I was like, maybe they'll send it out on Tuesday, you'll never know.. And while I was at work, chatting a bit with my fiance (bad, I know lol, should be working lol), she told me she heard my doorbell ringing (I guess she was still connected to me on Skype haha) at the time the mailman usually drops by.. lol, I guess that was my package but now I wasn't home to get it from them :S haha.. oh well, they will try again tomorrow and if I'm still not able to open the door, they leave a note telling me to pick it up the next day, or later, from the post office, so I should have it in hand by thursday (that is, if it really was my package, we don't know that for sure yet hahaha).

N400 Timeline:

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

04/17/12 - Biometrics

Thanks! I shall do! :D

And yes, it's cliché, but like you said, it looks perfect for honeymoons and it's not too far from California, plus it's a US state so we could fly there before I have my greencard in hand!

so true, it is only a 5 - 5.5 hour flight from Cali, so thats pretty doable ^^

And yeah, we actually were thinking to just book a hotel for a few days on the other end of the island haha :lol: then again, we could also just camp in her garden lol, it would be lots cheaper haha

N400 Timeline:

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

04/17/12 - Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Blake and/or Steph.. could you tell me how long the delivery times are from PeriDress? My fiance is looking at that site as well since I gave her the link today and she wants to know how much time she should order in advance if she gets it from them hehe... and yah, have to say, those dresses look really good and for a very good price :D

About 4-5 weeks - and I told them not to rush. The more I look at the construction of the dress the better decision I think I made (of Course Olga chose the dress :D ).

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

Timeline

If I could stop working 12 hour days I might feel like I can get things done, but that's not happening right now. Hopefully soon.....

Well, unless you want me to try it on you'll probably have to wait until the wedding :D Yes Sunny it was a Peridress - Jasmine collection. I was actually suprised at how nice of a job they did. It really is stunning. The first thing we'll do when Olga's here is get it fitted at the seamstresses just to make sure it's perfect. Talk about a great way to spend the time waiting for approval, Olga and her sister must of had 40 dresses lined up at once. But this is what she finally settled on.

Oh heck, here it is, http://www.peridress.com/shop/product.php?...t=77&page=9

Blake I hope your house/apartment is really ready for Olga's homecoming... Ricky (poor guy), is almost panicking now with only 2weeks left before our arrival and he is not yet done with all those painting and cleaning up and setting up extra beds.. good thing his mom is pitching in, giving us linens for the beds and extra towels and his mom also took it upon herself to prepare for my son's birthday on September 6, which would be 2days after we get there. (So sweet of my future mother in law really. :blush: )

I checked the link to Olga's dress. It's BEAUTIFUL... I can't wait to see Olga in it, I bet she would be a real stunner. :thumbs:

Dbears, tell Ricky he's not the only one in a panic. I just finished painting the trim in Olga's son's bedroom last night at midnight. I've go so much still to do I'm not sure how I'm going to get it all done. I told Olga that I'm purposefully leaving whole areas of the house for her to put her decorating touches on :whistle: (she said "Yeah, right!)

I'm so excited to see Olga in her dress as well - the time is approaching - about 7 weeks to the wedding. Man, I'm so screwed :blink:

The other thing about selecting a dress on Peridress - make sure you only select one that has a lot of pictures of it. They are great at copying if they know what it is they are copying. Good Luck!!

Edited by BlakeandOlha

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Lady I don't blame ya one bit! We will be the same for sure!!!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

Dbears, tell Ricky he's not the only one in a panic. I just finished painting the trim in Olga's son's bedroom last night at midnight. I've go so much still to do I'm not sure how I'm going to get it all done. I told Olga that I'm purposefully leaving whole areas of the house for her to put her decorating touches on :whistle: (she said "Yeah, right!)

:lol:

Ricky actually painted my son's room in something that i couldn't understand (he took pics) he said it is a style and he said it looks really "kwel" but to me it looks like a painting of someone who got tired and just smeared paints here and there. I just told him, I will reserve judgment when I see it in actual.

For sure you will be sunny... the hardest part of waiting for me was the waiting for the visa after the interview. I waited for only 13days but those 13days seemed longer and more frustrating than waiting for NOA1-NOA2-Medical-Interview.. but when I finally received the visa, after the initial exhilaration wore off, it made my impending migration more official and it actually made me sad for awhile, and the kids was also sad. But well, it has been almost 3months now, we (me & the kids) have all come to terms of the fact that we are really leaving our hometown behind soon. :blush:

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

havent been on here in a while...nice to see everyone moving along the journey line a bit!

we're currently waiting for his interview date. it's only been 10 days since they entered the forms into the system, but hell give us a date already!

he had a medical appt at the end of august, but he's going to change it for early september...i'm starting to have some issues, so I need to go see him for a few days...gonna go ahead & hand him the interview documents too. i wanted to join him for the interview, but don't think it's going to happen that way.:wacko:

I hope you are able to sort out your issues! And you'll never know when the interview might be, although at this stage it is likely to be in late September. I hope you have a wonderful visit. (L)

Thanks. :) the issues are stress related...lately it's been getting the best of me, so hopefully this will help heal a little. it's nice knowing that this visit SHOULD be the last time i have to fly over there...! got my ticket booked today, so i'll be joining him for his medical visit, at least.

See, I'd LOVE this! If Alex didn't have a small, newly-painted apartment, I'd be begging him to refrain from doing any interior decorating until I arrived there! Then again, I guess it would be pretty stressful if you were newly arrived in a strange country. Good luck with painting, anyway, Blake!

Yes! I really hope you catch us all up soon!

I really, really hope that the visa arrives either tomorrow or Friday, because I plan to visit my parents this weekend! I can't really afford it but...it's my birthday on Monday, I have a four-day weekend, and no one is around in Sheffield! So it's either spend four days on my own in an empty house, or fork out the money for a train ticket and spend it with family instead. I figure that four days' worth of food has to be at least half the cost of the train ticket, so maybe it won't be too expensive after all.

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Today I picked up my visa at the postoffice :dance:

but.. lol.. again things were not going so smooth for me :lol: guess I really have to do something to go through this all lol..

I arrived at the postoffice at around 1 pm and the receipt that the mailman left yesterday said that I should be able to pick it up today at around 1 pm lol.. I gave the receipt to the guy behind the counter and he went to look for the envelope and came back with.. nothing >_< I was like ####### o_O no way!! my passport and visa should be here, the paper says so... and the guy goes like 'yeah but it should be here since this morning already but i cannot find it' (and he did search for quite some time, I could see that) so he entered the registered mail number thingie into his computer and it said that it was already delivered but at some distribution point.. He then told me that it was probably still in the van of the mailman and that I should try again later this day or, if it hasn't arrived by then, call some number to start an investigation (which actually takes up to 2 to 3 months to complete)..

so yeah, I left the postoffice quite stressed out again and went back to work, worked till 5pm and went back to the post office.. this time some lady helped me and she was standing near the packages and such so I could easily look along in what she was doing while she was searching for my package.. then, I saw some envelope which looked pretty much like the envelopes which I received before from the consulate but, she looked at it and put it away :S so I was like, hmm, maybe that's something else and while she kept on searching I asked her if that envelope wasn't for me (she already looked at it twice by then) and she looked at it agian and goes like 'oh yeah, it is the envelope, I must have looked over it'... right.. both her and the other guy didn't see that one envelope? Weird if you ask me but oh well.. at least I got the visa now :D :D :D

bleh... I was soooooo stressed out this afternoon.. imagining the package wouldve been lost in the mail.. we would have to go to the police, claim money from the postoffice, I would have to throw away my planeticket, find a job since I wont be able to fly and, worst of all, who knows what they will do with the visa petition... when I told my fiance this, she was as shocked as I was when I realized that things may go totally wrong still :S

N400 Timeline:

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

04/17/12 - Biometrics

Timeline
was as shocked as I was when I realized that things may go totally wrong still :S

The Gods are just teasing you Jeroen, don't take it personally. :lol:

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

was as shocked as I was when I realized that things may go totally wrong still :S

Hmmm.. I suppose you're right.. besides, you can know this as you have close connections to them with you being Moses and all ;) haha :lol:

N400 Timeline:

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

04/17/12 - Biometrics

Timeline

Hmmm.. I suppose you're right.. besides, you can know this as you have close connections to them with you being Moses and all ;) haha :lol:

very well put :lol:

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.