BlakeandOlha

January Filers at the CSC - How are you doing?

4,270 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Rachel Gareth wanted me to ask you what all you carried along with you to your interview as far as papers to have on hand and if they asked to see any of it....he is getting quite the collection together he said he is going to have a rubbish bin liner full of papers to bring hahaha! Thanks!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Congrats Badr! :dance:

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Timeline

Congrats Badr awesome news!!! Not long now!!!

We got our NOA2 hardcopy in mail today eeeeeee :D makes me happy all over again haha! Now to get that LND number!!!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Congratulations Badr!! :D :D

Ahhh I'm really celebrating atm.. I'm kinda sunnybearing atm (LOL!!!), getting a bit drunk and stuff haha :D I thought to myself that I deserved it w00t :D

Anyways, just booked the ticket.. I'll be leaving the Netherlands on October 2nd, will go to Minneapolis first so my POE will be there and from there I go to Honolulu via Seattle.. gonna be a 21-22 hr trip but oh well, its worth it :D

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Timeline
Congratulations Badr!! :D :D

Ahhh I'm really celebrating atm.. I'm kinda sunnybearing atm (LOL!!!), getting a bit drunk and stuff haha :D I thought to myself that I deserved it w00t :D

Anyways, just booked the ticket.. I'll be leaving the Netherlands on October 2nd, will go to Minneapolis first so my POE will be there and from there I go to Honolulu via Seattle.. gonna be a 21-22 hr trip but oh well, its worth it :D

LMAO ok why does it feel like everyone on this thread thinks I am some raging alcoholic? hahaha....Seriously I am not you guys haha! I drank this past Saturday but that was my first time in several weeks! haha...for real. But yeahyou guys crack me up when u refer to me as the drinker. Gareth would laugh too as he knows what a lightweight I am! haha

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Congratulations Badr!! :D:D

LMAO ok why does it feel like everyone on this thread thinks I am some raging alcoholic? hahaha....Seriously I am not you guys haha! I drank this past Saturday but that was my first time in several weeks! haha...for real. But yeahyou guys crack me up when u refer to me as the drinker. Gareth would laugh too as he knows what a lightweight I am! haha

hahaha no worries, I don't think you're an alcoholic or something :) I only had a couple of beers... I believe 5 bottles :lol: Didn't drink in almost 7 months tho. I just remembered what Blake once said haha ;)

N400 Timeline:

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

04/17/12 - Biometrics

Thank you Cecile, Pam, Jeroen, Josh and sunny!

Badr got his visa today. I hope each of you has a guick visa journey. It will happen.

That's awesome! Isn't that really quite good for Morocco, too?

Rachel Gareth wanted me to ask you what all you carried along with you to your interview as far as papers to have on hand and if they asked to see any of it....he is getting quite the collection together he said he is going to have a rubbish bin liner full of papers to bring hahaha! Thanks!

I took along:

Copy of original petition

Affidavit of support

Duplicates of all forms I sent to embassy

Two American passport photos

Few more e-mails (this was the only supporting evidence I took of our relationship)

Updated letter of intent to marry from Alex

Police certificates + photocopy

Birth certificates + photocopy

They took from me:

Affidavit of support

Duplicate of form DS-156 (SO glad I took a copy! I had one just in case but didn't realise they would need it!)

Both passport photos

Updated letter of intent to marry from Alex

1 original police certificate (new - definitely get the new type) + 1 photocopy. They handed back the original later and kept the photocopy.

1 original birth certificate + 1 photocopy. They handed back the original later and kept the photocopy.

They did not ask to see anything else. No more photos, e-mails, letters...nothing. :)

dbears - you were right, Alex's dad's affidavit of support was not needed. Glad I had it, though.

Re. the Affidavit of Support: Alex submitted one tax return, which they didn't seem to count, several pay-stubs, a letter from his employer and his bank statements. His dad also submitted no tax returns. I thought this was going to be a problem at first as the lady wrote down on a form 'No tax returns submitted'. Fortunately it all ended up being okay! So I guess London does not necessarily require tax returns as long as you submit plenty of everything else. :)

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Timeline

Thanks Rachel!

And no problem Jeroen I just thought it was funny haha!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Thanks Rachel!

And no problem Jeroen I just thought it was funny haha!

:D

N400 Timeline:

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

04/17/12 - Biometrics

Ah! I just realised I only have 4 weeks of work left.

Visa will hopefully arrive next week...aaaaah I shall be so tempted to use it earlier than planned. Damn money! Maybe I should start playing the lottery - you never know! ;)

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Ah! I just realised I only have 4 weeks of work left.

Lucky you!! I still have 6 weeks left.. Have to work until the end of September :'(

Visa will hopefully arrive next week...aaaaah I shall be so tempted to use it earlier than planned. Damn money! Maybe I should start playing the lottery - you never know! ;)

Hmm lol that reminds me, i got to cancel the lottery before I leave the country hehe

N400 Timeline:

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

04/17/12 - Biometrics

Well - 4 weeks of work here. ;) Still planning to find temp work once I am back living with my parents. :)

Feeling so tired and brain-dead at the moment. :dead:

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Timeline

We are going to get married on August 27th, in less than 2 weeks!

We also decided that we would not go with the full attire. I will still show him my wedding dress that day but I will go to the courthouse wearing another dress. And same for him, he won't get a tuxedo for it but will still wear nice clothes.

(warning: girl stuff... sorry for the men here...:P)

Yesterday I went shopping by myself.I drove him to work and then drove to the mall, the interstate road was scary but I managed to drive pretty well (although the other drivers may say something different...) So I went to the mall and started thinking that I need at least a necklace to wear with my "courthouse wedding" dress. And I couldn't find anything that I liked! But today I looked at what I have at home (woohoo I actually called our apartment "home") and found a necklace that will be nice with it. And it's the necklace that Bryan offered me for Valentine's day last year, so it's perfect :D

But I just realized... I have no idea what I am going to do with my hair!!!!!!! HELP!!!

Edited by Cecile and Bryan

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Hurrah for driving! :D

The necklace sounds wonderful. :)

I have no idea what to do with my hair either! I think up can be less troublesome and look more elegant, but I think I would only wear it up if I could cover my shoulders.

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Timeline

Yup I drove with Bryan on my side last weekend, and then alone yesterday... I'm proud of myself :D even if I missed the exit I was supposed to take

I'd like to put my hair up too, but I'm afraid that it will look too "strict". But up would definitely look better than down, especially since my hair is very long now and looks kind of flat because of its weight. And I'm not a hairdresser, I doubt I'd be able to do a fancy hairstyle. Damn, only a week and a half to find the right one and to practice! :P

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.