BlakeandOlha

January Filers at the CSC - How are you doing?

4,270 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
Anyway in a nutshell, the purpose of this post is to suggest that your case may also have been forwarded to the wrong department so get the petitioner to give USCIS a call!

Alex7892:

Thank you and thank goodness that you guys got the better USCIS rep! Hope that things will move smoothly after this incident.

Unfortunately for us, he called a few times and no one really knew what's going on - and they gave him the standard "wait til 90 days then you can send NVC a copy of your NOA2"

And guess what else we found out - they will actually wait 90 days from the date they receive those NOA2 copies before processing them... :crying:

UGHHH this really irks me! mad.gif Sure hope it gets sorted ASAP!!! I just have a feeling this will be me and Gareths next optical oooofffff crying.gif

Steph, thank you! I know what you mean - Cesar and I were thinking how "interesting" that this things are happening to us.

I'm certainly crossing my fingers for you too!

I really wish USCIS and NVC have a more cohesive and better system..

DOS may be able to tell you something but i'm not so sure. (202) 663-1225 Press 1, then Press 0 Others here that have been going through this may be able to advise you more.

KimandRuss: thank you for the information. I will try to call them tomorrow morning.

3 years together since late 2004

July 07 - her OPT expired

Sept 07 - she left US to go back to Indonesia

Oct 07 - he visited Indo

Dec -Jan 08 - he visited Indo for the 2nd time

21 Jan 08 - sent i-129f package to CSC

24 Jan 08 - received NOA1

5 Jun 08 - "On June 5, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)."

12 Jun 08 - Interview for business visa (a company that I work for invited me to visit them for a big kick-off meeting)

16 Jun 08 - got my business visa (5 years)

3 Jul 08 - arrived in California with business visa

28 July 08 - left California

currently waiting anxiously for packet 3

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Anyway in a nutshell, the purpose of this post is to suggest that your case may also have been forwarded to the wrong department so get the petitioner to give USCIS a call!

Alex7892:

Thank you and thank goodness that you guys got the better USCIS rep! Hope that things will move smoothly after this incident.

Unfortunately for us, he called a few times and no one really knew what's going on - and they gave him the standard "wait til 90 days then you can send NVC a copy of your NOA2"

And guess what else we found out - they will actually wait 90 days from the date they receive those NOA2 copies before processing them... :crying:

Yeah, we had the '90 day' standard line too - I wasn't happy with that so I just called again. As you touched upon, it really is a lottery who picks the telephone up at USCIS - some are very helpful and others are very unhelpful.

Perhaps ask to speak to a manager of sorts and maybe you will get quicker answers or simply keep trying and eventually through law of average you will get put through to somebody who will actually go that little extra mile like we seem to have got.

I know how frustrating it must be for you but my advice is just to keep calling them on a very regular basis until you get through to somebody with a bit of common sense.

I heard a lot of talk about August 8 weddings - anyone got one?

It is AUgust 8, 2008 here now, 4:30 PM as I am typing this... if we followed our original plan we would have been exchanging vows in a seaside wedding right at this very moment (http://www.pashweddings.com/weddingforums/...ead.php?t=10990). But then, we would be separated again for God's know how long after the wedding as we process K3 or CR1 visa.. 08-08-08 would have been possible for us even if we opted to go through K1 instead but it would have meant we would be financially hard up, and my kids would be resenting me for dragging them to the US too soon...

The kids have finally accepted that we will be migrating (they don't sulk when we talk about leaving their friends and leaving their comfort zone anymore) and they are getting excited for the move as days go by and financial wise, we have saved on the tickets prices for sept (it would have been double had we purchased it june to july) plus have also saved up a little more for the move and for the wedding so I guess our decision was indeed wise. Well, I guess October 12 is not a bad date to get married actually. (date was moved again for the umpteenth time from aug 8 to oct 3, then back to aug 8, then back to oct 3, and finally it will be oct 12)

I hope to have photos of my dress to show you soon! I've asked my dad to take some and upload them.

Would love to see your dress Rachel. :thumbs: Mine is still with the seamstress, will be getting it on the 22nd. :blush:

It is interesting how in the western wedding tradition, the bride is expected to pay for the wedding.. here it is the opposite, the tradition is for the groom or groom's parents to shoulder everything.. but since more and more couple are becoming more practical, it is common now for the bride and groom to share in the wedding expenses.

Just wondering, for everyone here who is married already or who will be married before the end of the year, do you plan on getting the SSN before or after the marriage? No-one seems to agree about this issue on visa journey...

We have not discuss the SSN part yet, will probably get SSN after marriage or after the AOS approval so we would not need to go back again and again.

Edited by dbears

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Steph, i hope you will get good news soon.. and I hope everyone else visa journey is going smoothly... I am counting down the days till I could be with my big bear. 3weeks and 6 days left for us to see each other again. :dance::dance::dance:

ROC

N-400

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Our case has resumed!!!! YAYYYYYY now let's hope for some action!!!!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Steph, i hope you will get good news soon.. and I hope everyone else visa journey is going smoothly... I am counting down the days till I could be with my big bear. 3weeks and 6 days left for us to see each other again. :dance::dance::dance:

Less than 4 weeks! This is going to happen very fast now! Congratulations :)

Yay!!! I hope this will go very fast for you now!

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

What the.....

What does that mean specifically Sunny - did you get another touch? If so that could be the big one........

Here's hoping it is. :thumbs:

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

Timeline

Alex7892:

Yeah, we had the '90 day' standard line too - I wasn't happy with that so I just called again. As you touched upon, it really is a lottery who picks the telephone up at USCIS - some are very helpful and others are very unhelpful.

Perhaps ask to speak to a manager of sorts and maybe you will get quicker answers or simply keep trying and eventually through law of average you will get put through to somebody who will actually go that little extra mile like we seem to have got.

I know how frustrating it must be for you but my advice is just to keep calling them on a very regular basis until you get through to somebody with a bit of common sense.

Thank you! We'll definitely do so. We even requested a meeting at USCIS for Aug 18 so my fiance can come and talk to them in person!

Oct 07 - he visited Indo

5 Jun 08 - "On June 5, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)."

12 Jun 08 - Interview for business visa (a company that I work for invited me to visit them for a big kick-off meeting)

Timeline

YAY YAY! hope it'd be downhill from here!

Oct 07 - he visited Indo

Timeline

What the.....

What does that mean specifically Sunny - did you get another touch? If so that could be the big one........

Here's hoping it is. :thumbs:

Well our email notification said the case has resumed processing as of August 6th then there was a touch on the 7th and then another touch today!!! :whistle: oooohhhhhhhhhhhhh please please PLEASE let 8/8/08 be our day for approval!!!!!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Timeline

DATED 8/8/08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!We got APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok I still have tears of happiness rolling down my face! I checked email at 9 pm eastern time last night and nothing....I told myself "Go to bed and maybe this day will have brought luck and Gareth will wake me with the good news" seriously I told myself that ......well phone rang at a little after 3 am here and sure enough APROVEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD and dated 8/8/08 how rad?! We got off phone and I began to pray and thank God the Lord anyone who made this happen finally haha.....tears of happiness just started flowing and I popped out of bed and had to get on the computer to talk with Gareth more and of course tell all of you my story too! It has been such a long journey I hope and pray the rest goes quick and smooth for us!!!! SIGH this feels so good.....my heart is racing and I could put all these tears of happiness into a bucket to water my plants there are so many heehee!

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: WAC0807651363

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On August 8, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Filed: Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS, SUNNY! :D

I am so unbelievably happy for you! You really deserved it after all this time. Many congratulations. <3<3<3

Here's hoping NVC works faster than the CSC. :)

The only doom that's looming is you loving me to death,

So I'll give you a sec to catch your breath.

DATED 8/8/08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!We got APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0gleeful.gif0gleeful.gif0gleeful.gifWOWEE!!!! BIG BIG BIG BIG CONGRATS TO YOU SUNNY!!! Your patience finally paid off!!! I am really happy for you.0gleeful.gif0gleeful.gif0gleeful.gif

ROC

N-400

Timeline

THANK YOU BOTH!!!! I am just sighing over here it is like I finally can breathe..........now to get him in my arms or me in his arms or whatever arms will be wrapped about us both! hahaha.....

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Congratulation :star:

.png

2/16/08 --> finally send I-129F to CSC

7/21/08 --> touched/NOA2 email

8/09/08 --> "Pakage 3" in the mail

8/21/08 --> Medical Exam

9/19/08 --> Interview

9/26/08 --> Visa arrived

10/08/08 --> flying from Duesseldorf - JFK - Cleveland

11/08/08 --> finally married :)

12/27/08 --> AOS/EAD/AP send to Chicago

5/13/09 --> found a job and we picked out Molly (Beagle Puppy)

5/20/09 --> I485 "Card has been ordered" and again on 5/29/09

5/23/09 --> "Welcome to the United States of America"

6/2/09 --> AOS approved

6/5/09 --> GC in the mail and at night brinnging home Molly... such a great feeling :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.