BlakeandOlha

January Filers at the CSC - How are you doing?

4,270 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
- religious or non-religious based. That might also be an option.

Even if some churches might allow non-religious services, that's not one of our options. It just can't be. That doesn't sound appropriate for any of us.

And a backyard is perfect - as long as the dogs are tied up. Just kidding..... :lol:

:lol: well, kidding or not, I don't want dogs to mess up everything on my wedding day, so yes they'll have to be tied up!

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning everyone!

Cecile - I'm glad you like your dress! It was a good idea to go away and think upon it before returning and making a list of alterations - the initial disappointment must've been huge, but as you say it's your dress and it's still a great deal cheaper than it would be in the shops.

I'm not having a photographer for my wedding - the ceremony itself isn't important, and it's really just a means to an end. Perhaps if we were having an expensive or fancy do we'd have one as then we'd want a reminder of how fantastic everything looked, but as it is I don't see a need for one. I've never looked back on photographs from other parties or birthdays or special occasions and don't miss having them.

Having a wedding in a botanic garden sounds wonderful!

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Well here I am! I have posted around in several places...my poor man is getting so fed up with the highs and lows of this process...doesn't help all his belongings are already here in my flat in America! Poor guy really do feel for him but man I cannot help but research and get obsessive about everyone else's timelines too as sure helps pass the time ha ha!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

Don't worry - I think many of us here are pretty obsessive at times!

The process will become a lot easier once we start to receive our NoA2s and can fix more secure wedding dates, I hope!

I kind of wish my belongings were already with Alex...it'd be frustrating at times, but at least I wouldn't be worrying about having to sell/ship everything I own.

Good luck to you and your fiancé :thumbs:

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Oooh I see people speaking wedding on here as well another fun topic for me to obsess over :D

I also got my dress from China and ADORE it!!! Cost me 140 dollars as opposed to 500 in the local shop here!

We are hoping for a "fall" theme so here's hoping he actually gets here so we can make that happen! I figure September through November will be ok for fall theme haha. Our first date we have scheduled and reserved is Sept 27th 2008. :)

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

Timeline

So many things to be obsessed over... the visa journey, the wedding (with everything little thing that is included), the moving and what we're going to do with our belongings... but we'll make it through!

sunnybear, are you planning an inside or an outside wedding? where do you live?

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

It might have been a better idea to buy it in a real store, but I'm glad I did it this way because even though it's not perfect yet, I Love My Dress!!!!!!!!

What can I say but :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::star::star::star::star::star:

We might be having some changes to our wedding plans again... our Oct. 3 is not yet set on stone and we are planning to have it on 8-08-08 again like we originally planned. if it will be the case then at least the wedding guest platter we ordered last november would be put to use... but then again, we still don't know. :( when you have kids, there are just more things to consider.

BTW, didn't we see december filer approved 1st or 2nd week of march? Next week it will be April already, NOA2 is definitely coming for you guys. I am getting excited for all of you! :dance::dance::dance:

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Oooh I see people speaking wedding on here as well another fun topic for me to obsess over :D

Obsess? I don't know what that word means :whistle:

Good Morning all and welcome to this thread Sunnybear. I agree with you on the difficulties in dealing with the highs and lows. They can be spectacular at times. The only thing I've noticed is that I've gone into a pretty comfortable numb period - at least until I move closer to approval, then I'm sure the rollercoaster will speed up again. It is good to see you again Rachel, I hope you had a good time away from the computer. Could someone post the website for the Chinese dresses or is that only through e-bay. I hope everything will be organized once the NOA2 arrives - but with school starting for Olga's son, finding a way to ship her belongings from the Ukraine to the US, getting the visa and making flights.....and getting a wedding organized, I have a feeling stressful times are ahead. Honestly, I really don't know how I'd be able to handle all this without the advice and support from people on this site. I feel for those trying to do this alone.

Me thinks that the bartender at the local pub will be able to afford that addition to his house he's always wanted after all :lol:

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

Obsess? I don't know what that word means :whistle:

Good Morning all and welcome to this thread Sunnybear. I agree with you on the difficulties in dealing with the highs and lows. They can be spectacular at times. The only thing I've noticed is that I've gone into a pretty comfortable numb period - at least until I move closer to approval, then I'm sure the rollercoaster will speed up again. It is good to see you again Rachel, I hope you had a good time away from the computer. Could someone post the website for the Chinese dresses or is that only through e-bay. I hope everything will be organized once the NOA2 arrives - but with school starting for Olga's son, finding a way to ship her belongings from the Ukraine to the US, getting the visa and making flights.....and getting a wedding organized, I have a feeling stressful times are ahead. Honestly, I really don't know how I'd be able to handle all this without the advice and support from people on this site. I feel for those trying to do this alone.

Me thinks that the bartender at the local pub will be able to afford that addition to his house he's always wanted after all :lol:

:yes: That's the best way to describe it.

Hey - at least if you're going to the pub you're getting out there and enjoying human company! I think the worst thing to do would be to sit around on one's own.

dbears - I originally would've liked 08/08/08 - it'll be handy to remember!

EDIT: Forgot to say, thank you for the welcome backs :luv:

Edited by Alex & Rachel

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Timeline
I agree with you on the difficulties in dealing with the highs and lows. They can be spectacular at times. The only thing I've noticed is that I've gone into a pretty comfortable numb period - at least until I move closer to approval, then I'm sure the rollercoaster will speed up again. It is good to see you again Rachel, I hope you had a good time away from the computer. Could someone post the website for the Chinese dresses or is that only through e-bay.

Once we will be closer to approval it is probably going to be more stressful than now. right now the only thing we can do is wait. but once people will start getting their approvals, that is going to be another story!

My dress was on e-bay, I believe the seller had another website though. i'll try to find it if you want, but I'm not sure that's the best place to get one since it was not made at the right size.

Maybe sunnybear's seller was better.

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

but I don't see many of you posting in the regular January filers thread

Didn't know there was one hehe ;)

BUT.... I just posted there :D

well I think I did, not sure if that was the one tho :S

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Timeline

Welcome to you, svache!

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
but I don't see many of you posting in the regular January filers thread

Didn't know there was one hehe ;)

BUT.... I just posted there :D

well I think I did, not sure if that was the one tho :S

Post here, ask questions, and help us pass the time. Welcome.

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

Thanks for the welcome ppl.. glad to be here ^^

Most of the questions which raised through time were already answered thanks to this great website and it's community.. it's now only the wait that is bothering me (and all of you obviously :) ).

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Welcome!

I've not had to make any new threads making questions either - but it's still fun to post here to pass the time.

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.