BlakeandOlha

January Filers at the CSC - How are you doing?

4,270 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Aww thanks for asking. I really enjoy it but I am not used to soooo much down time! I even said in meeting today whatever work they want to throw my way I am up for it!

Waow!! Less work for a better pay!!! I like that! :lol:

No, just kiding! I know how you feel! I am someone who hates doing nothing! It gets me completly crazy, and time is then so so slow.

I hope they will find work for you....

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Aww thanks for asking. I really enjoy it but I am not used to soooo much down time! I even said in meeting today whatever work they want to throw my way I am up for it!

Waow!! Less work for a better pay!!! I like that! :lol:

No, just kiding! I know how you feel! I am someone who hates doing nothing! It gets me completly crazy, and time is then so so slow.

I hope they will find work for you....

LOL yeah that is it exactly! On one hand it is really nice on the other it can make for some LONG days especially when I have waiting for this approval hanging over my head!!!! :crying:

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

Ok and I seriously need to stop obsessing and checking USCIS every 10 minutes especially since they are prob just now arriving there for the day haha......someone help me please haha! I really need more work to keep me busy so I cannot think about this!

When I was still waiting for my NOA2, I stopped checking the USCIS website (ok, still did once in a while) and made it a bit of a bet with myself to try and not check as much as possible.. eventually even saying to myself 'if I don't check, it might come.. they're monitoring me and if I don't check for a couple of days, they might give me my NOA2.. I know it is pretty much bs but still, it refrained me from checking every minute or so hehe :)

As for my own update, I just got back from Amsterdam where I had my medical and x-ray this morning.. all went pretty smooth and if my x-ray and blood come back ok
Very glad to hear that everything went well. Best of luck on your interview!

CONGRATS to Jeroen and Rachel for getting the interview date. Your interviews are only 2days apart.. maybe that is a good sign that you will both be approved without question. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I hope so but I still have a little bit of doubt because of some stupid mistakes in the past (I have been involved in some bad stuff, although these were not that big in my opinion, they might think different)

I guess the prices are different in each country since doctors probably ask different amounts of money for it.. hmm, saying that makes me kinda wondering what others have to pay for it. So tell me, what's your damage? xD

I had to pay 160 euros, that included the medical + blood test + x-ray. I didn't have to get any vaccines

wow, that's some difference haha.. ok, I needed a vaccin but still, it would've been 195 for me without :/

I am someone who hates doing nothing! It gets me completly crazy, and time is then so so slow.

Same here, unless I am at home.. doing nothing at work is pretty screwed, it feels like 'doing time' or something :( unfortunately that is happening at my company at the moment.. not the best feeling, it makes the days go by reeeeaaaalllyyy slow :(

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
What's up everyone? It's been a little while since I last dropped in. I've been moving this past week, beginning to get our new place in order before Valerie comes down. So I called NVC on Friday (7/11) and asked them if they had received our file yet, because I hadn't heard anything yet. They said that they had received it on Tuesday (7/8) and sent it out to Vancouver on Wednesday!! I coudn't believe it! Things are really moving fast now. Such a change of pace, and we couldn't be happier. I think typically it takes 2-3 business days to get there, so hopefully Vancouver will send it out sometime this week! That would be great. The sooner the better. We have our wedding planned and booked for October 3. Still 2 1/2 months out, but it'll feel a lot better once that visa is in hand! Any idea on how long it takes for an interview date after returning packet 3?

Sunny, hang in there! Whenever I log onto VJ, your timeline is the first thing I look at. You started this whole process the same time as Valerie and I, and you were so supportive when we were just waiting and waiting! I'm sure it'll be very soon.

Good luck to the rest of you January filers who are still waiting for that special notification.

Hello:) We faxed back packet 3 on July 3rd and Levi still hasn't receved the interview date..... I think once you do its only two or three weeks out from the time you receive it. Thats how it looks by others timelines.

January 19, 2008 sent I129f to CSC

January 24, 2008 NOA1

June 3, 2008 TOUCH!!!

June 3, 2008 NOA2!!!!!

June 9, 2008 NVC received

June 10, 2008 mailed to Vancouver!!!

June 24, 2008 Packet 3 received!!!

July 3, 2008 Faxed Packet 3 to Vancouver

July 11, 2008 Medical

July 15, 2008 Packet 4 received(interview notice)

August 27, 2008 1pm INTERVIEW!!!!! APPROVED!!!!

September 14, 2008 POE Pembina, North Dakota YAY!!!!

November 1, 2008 Wedding!!!

AOS, EAD, AP

January 10, 2009 AOS, EAD, AP sent to Chicago lockbox

January 12, 2009 Received

January 22, 2009 NOA1 AOS, EAD, AP

January 30, 2009 AOS transfered to CSC

March 16, 2009 AP touch

March 17, 2009 Biometrics

March 17, 2009 EAD card production ordered

March 17, 2009 AOS touch

March 18, 2009 AP received

March 25, 2009 EAD received (good for one year)

April 21, 2009 Email stating AOS approved!!!!!!

April 25, 2009 Card received

Timeline

Ok gonna try not to look again until end of the week at least haha....unless of course updated processing times get posted then I am looking haha! I am going nutso though people for real! Just emailed congressman again.....gave my phone number and email!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Well we have our date set for September 10. We've had a very eventful (not in a good way) week last week. After 6 years the ex showed up and threatened to cause all kinds of problems. But that situation has been resolved - something about abandoning your wife & child at birth and not providing any support, ever, tends to quash any argument the son of a b.... might have. That, plus the decree of sole custody, sent him packing back to the hole he crawled out of. Everyone's fine, just a little shaken. :wacko:

Believe me, both of us are looking forward to Olga and her son getting the heck out of there.

We'll be dancing in the streets on that day!!!!! :dance:

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

Timeline

Hi Blake! Omg I would blow a gasket! With all the other stuff you have to deal with.... Glad the loser was smart enough to know when to say when. Cograts on the Interview date :) Must be a big relief.

January 24, 2008 NOA1

June 3, 2008 TOUCH!!!

June 3, 2008 NOA2!!!!!

July 11, 2008 Medical

AOS, EAD, AP

March 16, 2009 AP touch

March 17, 2009 AOS touch

Timeline

Levi received packet 4 today. The interview is August 27th at 1pm.

January 24, 2008 NOA1

June 3, 2008 TOUCH!!!

June 3, 2008 NOA2!!!!!

July 11, 2008 Medical

AOS, EAD, AP

March 16, 2009 AP touch

March 17, 2009 AOS touch

[i could realate with this... been telling myself that i need to lose weight and start exercising but yeah, stress do make you eat more... and faster.. :wacko: .. i don't know how i am supposed to lose 10pounds in the next 2months. :unsure:
Just drink a lot of water, and try to exercise for at least 25 minutes everyday. Just.. put on some music and.. dance. It's fun, it's easy and, best of all, it's free. Or.. An hour of walking is pleasant, and doesn't feel high impact like, say, cardio at the gym or something [And walking is free! ..I'm cheap, I guess]. 10 pounds in 2 months can be done - I've faith in you. :D

GOOD TIPS!!! :thumbs: it is already half of the week so will start exercising on Monday then. :lol: .. J/K.. have started walking with my aunt last week and have started cutting RICE intake too... also loading up on water. Maybe I will add the "music and dancing" also to shed more sweat noh? and maybe it's time to take out my carmen electra's aerobic striptease CDs.. it's been accumulating dust for a few months now :innocent:

We have our wedding planned and booked for October 3.

WOW! We have the same wedding date, that will be our 3rd year anniversary as couple too. :yes:

I do hope you get your interview date and your visa soonest so we could both celebrate on Oct. 3. :thumbs:

CONGRATS to Jeroen and Rachel for getting the interview date. Your interviews are only 2days apart.. maybe that is a good sign that you will both be approved without question. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I hope so but I still have a little bit of doubt because of some stupid mistakes in the past (I have been involved in some bad stuff, although these were not that big in my opinion, they might think different)

I do hope what happened in the past won't interfere with your visa process. :thumbs: if it is not really big things, just don't volunteer any information... like here in the Philippines some people volunter drug use from even 10 or 15 years ago (thinking it won't be a big deal since it was so long ago) and for some reason the embassy here is so strict with matters like these. Drug use here even if it has been 20-30years ago is a reason for permanent denial. it is crazy since there was a clause about drug use and it was i think just 5years maybe, yet the USEM here still denies people who have used drugs even decades ago and sadly the denial is irreversible. Each US embassy has different policies so you have to know what is allowed and not allowed in your consulate.

You will be fine and you will make it to Michelle in no time. Just don't let the ghost of the past get in the way of your happiness, have faith in the new Jeroen. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: may God be your guide always.

Well we have our date set for September 10. We've had a very eventful (not in a good way) week last week. After 6 years the ex showed up and threatened to cause all kinds of problems. But that situation has been resolved - something about abandoning your wife & child at birth and not providing any support, ever, tends to quash any argument the son of a b.... might have. That, plus the decree of sole custody, sent him packing back to the hole he crawled out of. Everyone's fine, just a little shaken. :wacko:

Believe me, both of us are looking forward to Olga and her son getting the heck out of there.

Exes like that are only there when they are NOT needed anymore but when they were needed, they are nowhere to be found. It was unfortunate that your Olga has had anything to do with the same bred of a...hole like my ex. But it is all in the past and as long as she stays firm, she can always kick his ###.

Hope things will move faster for Olga and her son and that they could be with you soonest. Congrats on getting interview date.

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Timeline

Hey guys-

I see a lot of you have interview dates now! Congrats!! It's so nerve-wracking but also really exciting.

We had our interview today, and we were APPROVED!! Yay! We have a flight booked for Sunday - that'll make 42 days that we spent apart, but it seemed like a hell of a lot longer than that!!

Anyhow, good luck all - I hope it goes as smoothly for all of you as it did for my husband. He did get asked almost ALL of the sample interview questions from this site, but the guy was pretty nice and barely even looked at the forms we spent hours agonising (and arguing) over.

So YAY for all the progress made! Keep the faith, friends.

Cheers,

Cheryl

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2007-12-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-01-02

I-129F RFE(s) : 2008-05-14

RFE Reply(s) : 2008-05-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-05-30

NVC Received : 2008-06-06

NVC Left : 2008-06-09

Consulate Received : 2008-06-13

Packet 3 Received : 2008-06-20

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-06-21

Medical : 2008-06-27

Packet 4 Received : 2008-06-28

Interview Date : 2008-07-15 - APPROVED!!

Visa Received : 2008-07-17

US Entry : 2008-07-20

Marriage : 2008-08-02 (one year from the day we met!)

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 155 days from your filing date.

Your interview was 42 days from NOA2. [Average wait time is 82 days!]

Onward to AOS!!!!

I do hope what happened in the past won't interfere with your visa process. :thumbs: if it is not really big things, just don't volunteer any information... like here in the Philippines some people volunter drug use from even 10 or 15 years ago (thinking it won't be a big deal since it was so long ago) and for some reason the embassy here is so strict with matters like these. Drug use here even if it has been 20-30years ago is a reason for permanent denial. it is crazy since there was a clause about drug use and it was i think just 5years maybe, yet the USEM here still denies people who have used drugs even decades ago and sadly the denial is irreversible. Each US embassy has different policies so you have to know what is allowed and not allowed in your consulate.

You will be fine and you will make it to Michelle in no time. Just don't let the ghost of the past get in the way of your happiness, have faith in the new Jeroen. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: may God be your guide always.

Nah it has nothing to do with drugs or anything in that area... I know I would be screwed then (you basically would be in any consulate since it is a big no in the states).

Nah, I was once somehow involved in a burglary..I didn't do a thing, though, I only had the stolen goods in my car afterwards to take them from point A to point B (even though I did not know at the beginning of that trip that the goods were stolen, I found out about this later when we were already driving). But the thing is, I have been to court for this so I had get me the court records as they will also see it in my police records, no sense not telling them about this I think.

One down side in this all is that the court records does not state my plea but only holds the original thing they were judging me on, namely breaking an entry with two or more people (the main purpetrators tried to put the whole blame on me). The judge gave me the benefit of the doubt at that time, I was the only one with a small probational fee (I would have to pay 500 guilders (it was before the Euro hehe), about 250 usd, if I would be caught doing bad stuff again), the others all had real punishments.

The above thing happened early 1998, and the court session took place early 2000, so I do think that if the time of being a good guy is also added, I shouldn't have to worry too much I think but in less than a month we wil know for sure :)

Hey guys-

I see a lot of you have interview dates now! Congrats!! It's so nerve-wracking but also really exciting.

We had our interview today, and we were APPROVED!! Yay! We have a flight booked for Sunday - that'll make 42 days that we spent apart, but it seemed like a hell of a lot longer than that!!

Anyhow, good luck all - I hope it goes as smoothly for all of you as it did for my husband. He did get asked almost ALL of the sample interview questions from this site, but the guy was pretty nice and barely even looked at the forms we spent hours agonising (and arguing) over.

So YAY for all the progress made! Keep the faith, friends.

Cheers,

Cheryl

That sounds like great news, congratulations on the approval :dance::dance::dance:

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Well we have our date set for September 10.

Congratulations on your interview date!!! :dance::dance:

It sucks you had to go through some last minutes troubles!! but I am happy it is all taking care of, and that ex will not bother you both anymore!! :thumbs:

Levi received packet 4 today. The interview is August 27th at 1pm.

Yeah!! Great news!! and congrats!! :dance:

GOOD TIPS!!! :thumbs: it is already half of the week so will start exercising on Monday then. :lol: .. J/K.. have started walking with my aunt last week and have started cutting RICE intake too... also loading up on water. Maybe I will add the "music and dancing" also to shed more sweat noh? and maybe it's time to take out my carmen electra's aerobic striptease CDs.. it's been accumulating dust for a few months now :innocent:

:lol::lol:

In my case, I feel really lucky because I do love to go for a run. It is actually my way to relax, de-stress!!

At the same time, I cannot help my self eating lately, I am getting nervous, excited, and stressed with my interview date coming soon! :wacko:

Hey guys-

Congratulations Cheryl!!! :thumbs::dance:

That's awesome news!!!! :)

Congratulations Cheryl! :dance: :dance: :dance:

I am sorry for all the stress you and Olga have gone through! *hugs*

Thank goodness he is out of the way now! Not long to go now - I am preemptively crossing my fingers :D

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Booked my medical for the 13th August, day before my interview. :)

The girl was almost too efficient - she picked up the phone before it even rang once and I was taken completely off-guard! Then she raced through booking my appointment and when I tried to confirm the time she had already said bye and put the phone down. Ah well, it's either 10 past 10 or 10 to 10, so I'll just make sure I get there early. :)

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Timeline
Booked my medical for the 13th August, day before my interview. :)

The girl was almost too efficient - she picked up the phone before it even rang once and I was taken completely off-guard! Then she raced through booking my appointment and when I tried to confirm the time she had already said bye and put the phone down. Ah well, it's either 10 past 10 or 10 to 10, so I'll just make sure I get there early. :)

Haha too funny about the lady being TOO proficient! We sure aren't used to that in this whole process are we? haha....Wow thought Rachel that is all going to come so quick for you! How exciting!!!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.