BlakeandOlha

January Filers at the CSC - How are you doing?

4,270 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hmm remember how I contacted state rep last week or week before....(all my days seem to smoosh together lately) anyway still haven't heard anything back about that either?! Does anyone know if they even contact you back or does it depend on each rep I suppose? All I got was the automated response when I first sent email to him....

Sunny, CALL YOU REP!!!! They have an aide there that works just on immigration issues, and they always seem to have a contact at USCIS. I called mine a few months back and told her what I thought of the process :devil: She did tell me that she would help me in the future if I ran into any problems. If I were in your shoes I would be on the phone giving them an ear full. I never got any responses to my e-mails, but they were very helpful on the phone.

usflag1ex1wu2.gifphflag1cu8ef4.gif

dsc004701cw2.th.jpg

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Good morning everyone

Today is my last day of work :) It is cold and grey here today... I hope that next week it will be hot and sunny as I want to go to the beach with my family, before I go back to the USA and am stuck in the middle of the country, away from all beaches and oceans and fish and seafood ;) I am going to miss that!

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Good morning everyone

Today is my last day of work :) It is cold and grey here today... I hope that next week it will be hot and sunny as I want to go to the beach with my family, before I go back to the USA and am stuck in the middle of the country, away from all beaches and oceans and fish and seafood ;) I am going to miss that!

Cold and grey over here as well unfortunately.. I hate it :( Whereabouts in France do you live if you don't mind me asking?

Must feel great to be on your last day of work :D

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Oh wow, things are moving quickly now! Enjoy your last day of work, Cecile. I'd love for the next week to be hot and sunny, too! Very miserable here. Alex keeps telling me how hot it is in California and it's hard to believe.

I hope you have a wonderful time with your family! I grew up by the sea and I live far away from it now (well, as far away as you can get in the UK) and I've not found it too hard; I may not have the beaches close by but I do have some lovely countryside. I hope it's the same for you and that you grow to love the countryside wherever you are going to live and do not find you miss the ocean too much.

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

hmm... this made me think of what I will miss most of my country when I'm in Hawaii.. and I think, country wise, I will miss the rivers the most.. might sound stupid because I will be surrounded by an Ocean but yah, we got so many rivers over here and I grew up on a ship as well (my dad was a captain) and I am really going to miss that of this place... it is still one of my dreams to once own a small (river) yacht to sail on the rivers over here.. oh well, who knows, that might once become true ^^

N400 Timeline:

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

04/17/12 - Biometrics

Timeline

Right now I live in Paris, and starting tomorrow, I will be back in Vendée, under Brittany. The grey area on this map:

carte_france_85.gif

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Timeline
I hope you have a wonderful time with your family! I grew up by the sea and I live far away from it now (well, as far away as you can get in the UK) and I've not found it too hard;

I have lived far from the sea for a few years now, and it isn't hard either, I probably only went on the beach once or twice a year for the past 5 years. But if someday I feel like going to the sea, I know that it is easy to do, it's only 3 hours away by train. If I ever feel like going to the sea when I am in Missouri, it is going to be a lot farther and a lot harder!

The good thing about St. Louis is that it is still a big city, but all around it, it is the countryside. It's not like in Paris, where you have to go to parks if you want to see grass! This is going to be a lot better :)

hmm... this made me think of what I will miss most of my country when I'm in Hawaii.. and I think, country wise, I will miss the rivers the most.. might sound stupid because I will be surrounded by an Ocean but yah, we got so many rivers over here and I grew up on a ship as well (my dad was a captain) and I am really going to miss that of this place... it is still one of my dreams to once own a small (river) yacht to sail on the rivers over here.. oh well, who knows, that might once become true ^^

You said that Michelle wanted you to go back to Europe together someday, so maybe that day you can have your yacht on the rivers. Or, maybe in Hawaii you could get a boat to sail on the ocean right around the island :)

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Hmm remember how I contacted state rep last week or week before....(all my days seem to smoosh together lately) anyway still haven't heard anything back about that either?! Does anyone know if they even contact you back or does it depend on each rep I suppose? All I got was the automated response when I first sent email to him....

Sunny, CALL YOU REP!!!! They have an aide there that works just on immigration issues, and they always seem to have a contact at USCIS. I called mine a few months back and told her what I thought of the process :devil: She did tell me that she would help me in the future if I ran into any problems. If I were in your shoes I would be on the phone giving them an ear full. I never got any responses to my e-mails, but they were very helpful on the phone.

Oooh thanks so much! I am going to call TODAY from work!!!!

Right now I live in Paris, and starting tomorrow, I will be back in Vendée, under Brittany. The grey area on this map:

carte_france_85.gif

OOoh so you are right on the coast! GORGEOUS I bet would love to see some pics! I found I have to live near water whether it be lake or Ocean or Sea I just need tobe by water!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

Timeline

carte_france_85.gif

OOoh so you are right on the coast! GORGEOUS I bet would love to see some pics! I found I have to live near water whether it be lake or Ocean or Sea I just need tobe by water!

I will take several pictures next week (if the weather is good enough), they will be my souvenirs from France. I'll post some pics if you want :)

By the way, I doubt I'll be online very often next week ;)

Let us know what the rep said after you call them!!

edit: I found some pics on the Internet: http://www.vos-photos.eu/hrannou/galerie_33.htm (from what the woman says, they were taken in March... it's more beautiful in July/August (but with lots of tourists everywhere :P))

Edited by Cecile and Bryan

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

That is a lovely-looking coastline; plenty of sand and with a couple of fairly sheltered beaches! :D I hope it's sunny for you next week.

Alex's mother is buying us a really lovely bedframe as a combined birthday/wedding present, and she's also purchasing a rather special deluxe mattress (we have to pay her back for that, although not until I get a job).

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

carte_france_85.gif

Ahh ic.. the area with usually better weather than here up north hehe :D Never been in that area, though :( Maybe some day later with Michelle as I also have to take her to France someday.. when I was in France, it was mostly the northern part of France like the line Calais, Paris, Nancy and such..

N400 Timeline:

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

04/17/12 - Biometrics

You said that Michelle wanted you to go back to Europe together someday, so maybe that day you can have your yacht on the rivers. Or, maybe in Hawaii you could get a boat to sail on the ocean right around the island :)

Yep, and she likes the idea of a small yacht so who knows ^^

As for Hawaii, I would love to have a boat there as well but you can't go much places besides around the islands itself hehe (mainland is way too far haha).. I think I might get a jetski there, that's something pretty cool too hehe.

N400 Timeline:

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

04/17/12 - Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Oh Cecile that is pretty! It looks seriously just like the coast of Lake Michigan here!

Well called both state reps and left messages for each of them so here's hoping one calls me back today! Oh and I found out the person I emailed was actually the congressmen hahaha! No idea what the difference is but it was not either of the people I just now phoned! hahah....

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

Timeline
Ahh ic.. the area with usually better weather than here up north hehe :D Never been in that area, though :( Maybe some day later with Michelle as I also have to take her to France someday.. when I was in France, it was mostly the northern part of France like the line Calais, Paris, Nancy and such..

Sadly it is hardly sunny enough... When I went there last year in August, it was quite cold. At that time, my brother had surf classes and at the end of the class his fingers were almost blue. I hope this will be better this year! I actually never went north, well, not higher than Paris anyway.

I would have liked to travel in Europe before I leave, but I never took the time to plan anything and I'm happy I saved my money. There are so many wonderful countrysides in Europe that I have never seen! But I am sure there will be many different countrysides in the USA too, just different ones ;)

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

:yes: The world is a wonderful - and beautiful! - place.

Jetskiing sounds like great fun, Jeroen - I'd definitely be doing that! Aah, I've never seen a bad photo of Hawaii. I'll definitely have to visit one day. :)

Oh - and it's my and Alex's two year anniversary today! :star:

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.