BlakeandOlha

January Filers at the CSC - How are you doing?

4,270 posts in this topic

Oh, and Cecile - I'd definitely want to wear my dress to the actual wedding! I wouldn't be able to wait to wear it either.

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Oh, and Cecile - I'd definitely want to wear my dress to the actual wedding! I wouldn't be able to wait to wear it either.

yeah... right now I'm thinking that I want to wear it at the courthouse, then we go somewhere else (maybe a park? a tearoom? (someone was talking about that in another thread)) with our witnesses, still wearing our wedding outfits, and then back home to change into a more casual dress and party with everybody.

I just looked at the last pages... could anyone guess today is a very slow day at work? :P

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

yeah... right now I'm thinking that I want to wear it at the courthouse, then we go somewhere else (maybe a park? a tearoom? (someone was talking about that in another thread)) with our witnesses, still wearing our wedding outfits, and then back home to change into a more casual dress and party with everybody.

I just looked at the last pages... could anyone guess today is a very slow day at work? :P

Heh heh joining ya with the slow day at work ;) I got the cutest dress off of Target for the reception then I am just putting a bright apple red sash around it to dress it up a bit more then red shoes ;) My gown is white and red and then reception dress is cream and red that matches the red on my actual gown ;) I am sooo excited to wear it all!!!! And oh yeah to marry my soul mate too :blush:

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

Timeline
Heh heh joining ya with the slow day at work ;) I got the cutest dress off of Target for the reception then I am just putting a bright apple red sash around it to dress it up a bit more then red shoes ;) My gown is white and red and then reception dress is cream and red that matches the red on my actual gown ;) I am sooo excited to wear it all!!!! And oh yeah to marry my soul mate too :blush:

It sounds lovely. I remember the dress you showed us a few months ago and it was beautiful. I can't wait to see the pictures of your wedding!

I saw a nice dress two months ago in a store in Paris and I believe it would be nice to wear it to the reception, but I'm not sure I remember where I saw it! I'll have to go to hunt for it! :P

oh yeah, of course, the only reason we're talking about dresses and the best way to have a perfect wedding is only because we are excited to marry our soulmates and we want them to find their brides beautiful. It's all about them, it's not because we are shallow girls who like fashion! :P (well actually I usually hate fashion, so this is totally true! :D)

Edited by Cecile and Bryan

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Ooh, cream and red is a lovely combination!

Cecile - that sounds like a good plan. :thumbs:

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Timeline
I haven't a clue as to what I'm going to wear either. I think having the wedding in the cabana spells 'casual'. I'm a bit scared of going for white; afraid I'll look gargantuan. I'm thinking maybe blue, since blue's a traditional/lucky colour to wear to a wedding. I'd like something with long sleeves. At the moment though this is all a moot point as I can't afford a dress.

You said you're scared of going for white, have you actually tried on a white dress (it doesn't have to be a wedding gown if you don't want to)? that way you would know what you would look like with white. What type of blue would you like? something dark or light-colored?

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
To Shes and the other ones interested, I put a picture of my dress when I tried it on the very first time!!

I would love to see other pictures if anybody have already their dress too......what about you Cécile? :)

wow..u know ur gown looks so good on you. i can see it in ur eyes ur deeply happy :yes: smile of contentment..

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 3 - NVC sent letter to petitioner

Jul 15 - confirmation letter received (tnk u my dear DHL)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

Aug 28 - USEM interview date! (eto' na!) - PASSED - PINK SLIP ONLY!

Sept 26 - PAL departure - MNL-LAX

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Jan 30 2009 - AOS with EAD and AP submitted to Chi, IL

Feb 4 - check cleared

Feb 10 - AOS, EAD, AP NOA1 received!

Feb 19 - Biometric appointment letter received

Feb 28 - Biometrics schedule

Mar 28 - AP and interview invitation received by mail

Apr 2 - EAD card recieved

May 15 - Interview Schedule - APPROVED!

Jun 25 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED ON MAIL Dated June 16

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I got the cutest dress off of Target for the reception then I am just putting a bright apple red sash around it to dress it up a bit more then red shoes ;) My gown is white and red and then reception dress is cream and red that matches the red on my actual gown ;)

oh i love to talk about gowns!!! red and white looks very modern and got some kick! sounds like a very good color motif sunny!

im thinking of mine as royal blue and aqua green for the primary sponsors and lots of red roses (F)(F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F)

oh well! girls just loves to talk about the gowns and colors!

and yes! im also excited to marry my only true love! :luv:

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 3 - NVC sent letter to petitioner

Jul 15 - confirmation letter received (tnk u my dear DHL)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

Aug 28 - USEM interview date! (eto' na!) - PASSED - PINK SLIP ONLY!

Sept 26 - PAL departure - MNL-LAX

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Jan 30 2009 - AOS with EAD and AP submitted to Chi, IL

Feb 4 - check cleared

Feb 10 - AOS, EAD, AP NOA1 received!

Feb 19 - Biometric appointment letter received

Feb 28 - Biometrics schedule

Mar 28 - AP and interview invitation received by mail

Apr 2 - EAD card recieved

May 15 - Interview Schedule - APPROVED!

Jun 25 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED ON MAIL Dated June 16

I haven't a clue as to what I'm going to wear either. I think having the wedding in the cabana spells 'casual'. I'm a bit scared of going for white; afraid I'll look gargantuan. I'm thinking maybe blue, since blue's a traditional/lucky colour to wear to a wedding. I'd like something with long sleeves. At the moment though this is all a moot point as I can't afford a dress.

You said you're scared of going for white, have you actually tried on a white dress (it doesn't have to be a wedding gown if you don't want to)? that way you would know what you would look like with white. What type of blue would you like? something dark or light-colored?

I went and tried on a couple of wedding dresses with a friend back in February and it wasn't really me; I felt fat and ugly. Didn't help that they were strapless dresses; my shoulders/upper arms are the worst part of my body. :wacko:

White's not actually too bad as I have a reasonably dark skin tone (although aforementioned upper arms/shoulders are pretty pasty :P ), it's just not a very slimming colour. ;)

It'd probably have to be dark blue...hmm, blue's not exactly my colour either. Maybe I'll look for a dark red or purple dress - although neither of those colours are very traditional for a wedding dress! I was thinking of having some blue in there, though - I know my littlest sister could wear a blue dress as she has big blue eyes, and I love blue flowers.

Edited by Alex & Rachel

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Timeline

Purple or dark red sounds like a good color. It may not be very traditional, but it's your wedding so you're supposed to do it your way (of course your families may frown, so you'd better let them know in advance that you don't do the traditional white gown) ;)

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Hehe, I am battling my mother on that front. To her credit she is being very good about the whole affair, especially considering that as a Catholic she had the full church ceremony with a white dress with a huge veil and train. I did explain how white wasn't always a traditional colour, and that it does not traditionally symbolise purity, but money, so she understands that a colour dress wouldn't be inappropriate. ;)

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Timeline

Very true. you have some good points on your side ;)

Alright, time to go shopping now! Good evening everybody!

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Good evening!

Here's the excerpt from wikipedia for anyone else who is interested:

White did not become a popular option until 1840, after the marriage of Queen Victoria to Albert of Saxe-Coburg. Victoria had worn a white gown for the event so as to incorporate some lace she owned. The official wedding portrait photograph was widely published, and many other brides opted for a similar dress in honor of the Queen's choice. The tradition continues today in the form of a white wedding, though prior to the Victorian era, a bride was married in any color except black (the color of mourning) or red (which was connected with prostitutes). Later, many people assumed that the color white was intended to symbolize virginity, though this had not been the original intention. (It was the color blue that was connected to purity.) Today, the white dress is understood merely as the most traditional and popular choice for weddings, not necessarily a statement of virginity.

Actually, perhaps blue is perhaps not the best choice if it signifies purity. :hehe: Purple looks safe, though!

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Timeline

Thank you all for those nice compliments! You're all so nice.:blush:

About the colors, it was pretty easy for me, Josh asked me to wear something white, it seemed important to him!

Me, I watched a lot of growns, but when I saw that one, I just knew it was the one! :star:

I am also happy I am able to wear that kind of dress.

Dbears, happy engagment anniversary too!! :star:

and yes, like Cécile, I think you should start looking your saved pics again, and decide about the dress of your dreams!

Sunny, I don't remenber seeing your dress, but I do love red on growns too. and with the red shoes, it must look awesome!!

Rachel, I also think you should go with the color or the dress that feels right to you! and with that explanation of the origin of growns colors, nobody can't tell you it is "wrong" to go with a blue dress! :)

Cécile, I am absolutly not a fashion girl, and I quite surprised myself seeing how important it was for me to look pretty for my man.... :luv:

I barely wear dresses, but I wanted to find the right one, with my baby in mind all the time!

I cannot wait to see his look on his face when I will walk towards him....

....it was quite a girly talk today, so, sorry for the few guys in this forum! :lol:

Well, good evening everybody!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.