BlakeandOlha

January Filers at the CSC - How are you doing?

4,270 posts in this topic

It's not being a cheapskate - we all need to save as much money as we can and if you can get a lovely dress for a good price then why not?!

If my mother doesn't help buy my dress I'll be looking at the sub-$200 options anyway too :lol:

You're going to be fine with an Oct 3rd wedding! :D

Sad to have to pull this thread up from the fourth page - other January CSC filers, where are you? Cecile, Blake and I aren't the only ones! :P

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Yes, there are around 50 CSC january filers! Come on guys, don't be shy!

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Timeline
It's not being a cheapskate - we all need to save as much money as we can and if you can get a lovely dress for a good price then why not?!

If my mother doesn't help buy my dress I'll be looking at the sub-$200 options anyway too :lol:

You're going to be fine with an Oct 3rd wedding! :D

Sad to have to pull this thread up from the fourth page - other January CSC filers, where are you? Cecile, Blake and I aren't the only ones! :P

hey ok, i'm not a january filer but ;)

I did it i ordered my dress. Not the ones i was talking before but still crazy about price. it will be the DAY so i wanted something really special. Its a Rosi Strella dress.

You can take a look there http://www.rosi-strella.com

I don't know if i can tell you which one, in case of my love come sometimes to read the forum...

Richard & Chantal

"We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can only fly while embracing each other."

.png

I keep forgetting you post in this thread too, Miss Yoko! Sorry. :blush: You're very welcome to be an honorary January filer!

Those dresses are astounding - quite stunning! :o I think I'd be prepared to pay over the top for something like that!

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Timeline

MissYoko, these dresses are impressive! I'm sure you will be a beautiful bride (just like all of us :P )

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I keep forgetting you post in this thread too, Miss Yoko! Sorry. :blush: You're very welcome to be an honorary January filer!

Those dresses are astounding - quite stunning! :o I think I'd be prepared to pay over the top for something like that!

Miss Yoko is a valued member of this thread - and I hope her processing times correspond with the rest of us January filers. I'm very interested in the whole dress discussion, although I'm not sure what or how it should work. Do people plan to have a civil service (I imagin no dress for this) and then at some future point a more formal service with the fancy dress?

I guess the thing that concerns me is the lead times necessary to organize a more formal affair and the uncertainty of when exactly my fiancee will be actually able to join me. Thank goodness (I guess) that its a late summer or early autumn wedding date because there is a chance I can book something - if it was spring, then forget it. Essentially, Olga can tell me what kinds of things she would like, but I have to hoof it from there.

MissYoko, these dresses are impressive! I'm sure you will be a beautiful bride (just like all of us :P )

Agreed - You will all be exceptionally beautiful on this day!

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

Timeline
I'm very interested in the whole dress discussion, although I'm not sure what or how it should work. Do people plan to have a civil service (I imagin no dress for this) and then at some future point a more formal service with the fancy dress?

I guess the thing that concerns me is the lead times necessary to organize a more formal affair and the uncertainty of when exactly my fiancee will be actually able to join me. Thank goodness (I guess) that its a late summer or early autumn wedding date because there is a chance I can book something - if it was spring, then forget it. Essentially, Olga can tell me what kinds of things she would like, but I have to hoof it from there.

If we have a civil service and then a more formal ceremony, I will wear my dress both times. Even though there will be the ceremony later where I can wear it, I still want to be a beautiful bride in a white dress the day I officially become Bryan's wife.

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

That's my dilemma - if I get a traditional white dress I'm going to look very overdressed for a garden wedding!

Also - 'fancy dress' is another phrase I'll have to get used to - in British English fancy dress = costumes, i.e. for Hallowe'en or a themed birthday party. So when Alex sent me an e-mail the other day telling me how much he is looking forward to taking me out to dinner at a restaurant in fancy dress I was imagining us sitting down at the table dressed up as pirates or maids or something similar :lol:

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Timeline
That's my dilemma - if I get a traditional white dress I'm going to look very overdressed for a garden wedding!

Also - 'fancy dress' is another phrase I'll have to get used to - in British English fancy dress = costumes, i.e. for Hallowe'en or a themed birthday party. So when Alex sent me an e-mail the other day telling me how much he is looking forward to taking me out to dinner at a restaurant in fancy dress I was imagining us sitting down at the table dressed up as pirates or maids or something similar :lol:

Perhaps that''s what he meant :lol:

We use the word costume - to avoid any confusion with our normally laid back culture.

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

Timeline

Miss Yoko is a valued member of this thread - and I hope her processing times correspond with the rest of us January filers. I'm very interested in the whole dress discussion, although I'm not sure what or how it should work. Do people plan to have a civil service (I imagin no dress for this) and then at some future point a more formal service with the fancy dress?

awwwwwwww thank you all :)

The dress i choose is really amazing !

and thank you to keep me in the tread :):)(F)

so by the way, you know what i really don't know how will be the wedding. At this time I have too much of stuffs to thinks there, and I count on Richard to help me to prepare the wedding, as I will be already lost to do it in France.... so in US... oh my

I go saturday to Chicago with my little one...iiiiiiiiiih i'm excited, can't wait, we will talk about the wedding with Richard. It will be something simple. Just his family and some friends. Just i want to be wonderful the Day, even if its simple. I love to do crazy things like this.

And so i will wear the dress to times, cause as soon we will have the green cards, or advance of parole we will come in France to do a nice party with my family and friends.

Richard & Chantal

"We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can only fly while embracing each other."

.png

Timeline

awwwwwwww thank you all :)

The dress i choose is really amazing !

and thank you to keep me in the tread :):)(F)

so by the way, you know what i really don't know how will be the wedding. At this time I have too much of stuffs to thinks there, and I count on Richard to help me to prepare the wedding, as I will be already lost to do it in France.... so in US... oh my

I go saturday to Chicago with my little one...iiiiiiiiiih i'm excited, can't wait, we will talk about the wedding with Richard. It will be something simple. Just his family and some friends. Just i want to be wonderful the Day, even if its simple. I love to do crazy things like this.

And so i will wear the dress to times, cause as soon we will have the green cards, or advance of parole we will come in France to do a nice party with my family and friends.

Olga and I will do the same thing, so all her friends and family in the Ukraine can partake in our celebration

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

Just wanted to drop in the CSC thread and wish everyone luck! Praying for you!!!

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Miss Yoko those selections are absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I can't even imagine the price of those.. but of course everybody deserves to have the most beautiful dress for the most beautiful day. :thumbs: Which one did you chose, just whisper it, I won't tell promise! ^_^ ... you'd surely be a very lovely bride when that day comes.

We'll be having a very simple wedding with a bbq picnic style reception (my idea) so I just need a very simple dress for the occasion but i will make sure that it will still be elegant, they won't know it's less than $300 or less than $200 if I can still manage it ;) .. i am thinking of a greek goddess type of gown which will fit perfectly with a garden wedding.

We also plan on having a wedding here in the Philippines in 3-5 years and it will be a little more formal than our coming October wedding in N.C..... then we plan to have another wedding (renewal of vows) on our 10th year, if God willing. We plan to have a grander celebration by then. Hopefully all these immigration expenses will be behind us and hopefully the US economy will be more stable by then and we'll both be earning enough to spend extra.

Here's hoping everybody will have a very wonderful holy week.hug2a.gif

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

oppssss, bbq reception actually not my original idea but borrowed from rachel :D

every time ricky talks about the wedding he always have this big grand wedding in his head but I have managed to talk him out of it and just settle for a very small and simple wedding with a bbq picnic style reception and cupcakes instead of a big expensive wedding cake.... I know it will still be very beautiful especially because we will be making our own vows and it will also be a family wedding coz we will be exchanging vows with the kids during the unity sand ceremony. :luv:

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Yes, there are around 50 CSC january filers! Come on guys, don't be shy!

I'm a January filer, I'll join in! :blush:

As far as any wedding plans for us, my SO is coming from Costa Rica and neither his friends nor family are allowed to come to the states for a wedding. I would like to take a long weekend, and escape to a mountain lodge-type of place with my family and the friends of mine that he does know, and enjoy a little get-a-way in the outdoors. Maybe that Saturday night we could have a nice group dinner and dance the night away, followed by a nice Sunday morning mini-ceremony outside. Probably no fancy dresses for me, although something sparkly and pretty would be great if possible!

This is all of course assuming CSC stays on track and us January folk are still in the ballpark of May/June/July NOA2's. I think a nice fall weekend spent around the pretty rivers and mountains of Washington would be lovely.

We'll see how things progress! :star:

K1 TIMELINE:

01-24-2008 = Sent I-129F to CSC

01-29-2008 = NOA1 Issued

05-28-2008 = NOA2 (125 days after NOA1)

06-02-2008 = NOA2 Hardcopy received; NVC received petition

06-04-2008 = NVC sent package to Costa Rica

06-10-2008 = Embassy received

06-13-2008 = Picked up Packet 3

06-25-2008 = Interview (28 days after NOA2)

07-05-2008 = Home to the U.S. together!

09-20-2008 = Wedding!

AOS/EAD/AP TIMELINE:

10-15-2008 = Sent giant packet to Lockbox

10-22-2008 = NOA1's Issued

11-04-2008 = RFE on AOS only: need birth certificate, ORIGINAL was taken at interview. GRRR

11-24-2008 = Biometrics

12-22-2008 = Mailed RFE packet back

01-02-2009 = AOS processing resumed

01-16-2009 = Service Request filed for EAD (90 days with no news)

01-27-2009 = EAD and AP approved (102 days after NOA1's)

03-12-2009 = AOS Interview, APPROVED!

REMOVING CONDITIONS TIMELINE:

02-18-2011 = Sent packet to CSC

02-22-2011 = NOA1 Issued

03-21-2011 = Biometrics

04-26-2011 = APPROVED!

DONE WITH USCIS FOR 10 YEARS!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.