BlakeandOlha

January Filers at the CSC - How are you doing?

4,270 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
So I ate all the chocolates that came with the Easter egg so that I could be rid of them more quickly and thus start my dieting sooner only now I feel sick from too much sugar :dead:

:lol: try to drink a lot of water, maybe that's going to make you feel better... that's what I do when I eat too much chocolate or candies.

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
So I ate all the chocolates that came with the Easter egg so that I could be rid of them more quickly and thus start my dieting sooner only now I feel sick from too much sugar :dead:

:lol: try to drink a lot of water, maybe that's going to make you feel better... that's what I do when I eat too much chocolate or candies.

You are all making me hungry!!

5th February 2008 - I-129F forms sent for K1 visa (VSC)

26th March 2008 - NOA2 recieved via email

19th May 2008 - Interview............APPROVED!!!!!!

21st May 2008 - Visa in hand

29th July 2008 - POE

2nd September 2008 - Married

19th September - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago lockbox

25th September - Check cashed $1010.00 (OUCH!!)

29th September - Received NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP

13th October - AOS Petition transferred to CSC!!!

17th October - Biometrics (Tampa Office)

17th October - AOS/EAD Touched

20th October - AOS Touched

21st October - AOS Touched

6th November - AOS/EAD/AP Touched (probably due to change of address)

10th December - EAD approved

28th January 2009 - GC approved without interview. Done with all this till 2011!!!!!!!!

Yes and no.

I mean, I am always trying to maintain my weight at a sensible level. I do fluctuate. I don't do crash dieting, I guess I just have periods where my diet is a little healthier than before (I have a very sweet tooth and I have to really work hard at making sure I don't have too much refined sugar in my diet).

I always mean to be healthy first and foremost, so I wouldn't eat fewer than 1200 calories a day (that'd send my body rocketing into starvation mode) and I always try and get some exercise out of doors (even if it's just a short walk) and I always try and have a balanced diet (so, fruit and veg and protein).

However even going just 100-200 calories over your daily limit can pile on the pounds over a few months and cakes and desserts are terribly calorie-laden, and I'm not perfect and there are some months where I've said, 'sod it'. Thus over a period of 5-6 years I've piled on 30 lbs in total which was a little alarming when I finally realised! I've only really gone up one dress size but certain parts of my body look really ugly to me - for example I have huge upper arms which I absolutely detest!

I've been finding it really hard to lose the weight. I've managed to prevent myself from gaining any more, but the weight I already gained? It's tough! When I have periods (I managed 6 months last year) where I go to the gym and cut out sugar from my diet and pay really close attention to how many calories I am consuming and I still don't lose weight it's really hard to stay motivated.

Before I've just avoided having my photo (well, a photo that doesn't include just my face!) taken, but obviously people are going to be taking photos at my wedding, and so I'm using that as a motivator - but it's not the sole reason :)

Edited by Alex & Rachel

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

As the old saying goes, Fat & happy!

I like the gym or rec center idea because it is a place you two can go to together, making exercise a family activity. A lot of rec centers have aerobic classes, or swiming or matial arts - which can be a shared hobby as well. the YMCA is good, not expensive, and not a fashion show like some private health clubs.

:yes:

I'm often quite shy about joining classes and I prefer to have someone to go with - so hopefully Alex and I can go to classes together. I'd love to attend a dance class.

Thanks - I shall!

You are all making me hungry!!

Sorry - I know, it's terrible, people talk about food and I feel my stomach rumbling - I guess I just really love my food.

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Yes and no.

I mean, I am always trying to maintain my weight at a sensible level. I do fluctuate. I don't do crash dieting, I guess I just have periods where my diet is a little healthier than before (I have a very sweet tooth and I have to really work hard at making sure I don't have too much refined sugar in my diet).

I always mean to be healthy first and foremost, so I wouldn't eat fewer than 1200 calories a day (that'd send my body rocketing into starvation mode) and I always try and get some exercise out of doors (even if it's just a short walk) and I always try and have a balanced diet (so, fruit and veg and protein).

However even going just 100-200 calories over your daily limit can pile on the pounds over a few months and cakes and desserts are terribly calorie-laden, and I'm not perfect and there are some months where I've said, 'sod it'. Thus over a period of 5-6 years I've piled on 30 lbs in total which was a little alarming when I finally realised! I've only really gone up one dress size but certain parts of my body look really ugly to me - for example I have huge upper arms which I absolutely detest!

I've been finding it really hard to lose the weight. I've managed to prevent myself from gaining any more, but the weight I already gained? It's tough! When I have periods (I managed 6 months last year) where I go to the gym and cut out sugar from my diet and pay really close attention to how many calories I am consuming and I still don't lose weight it's really hard to stay motivated.

Before I've just avoided having my photo (well, a photo that doesn't include just my face!) taken, but obviously people are going to be taking photos at my wedding, and so I'm using that as a motivator - but it's not the sole reason :)

Doin't worry too much - nervous energy leading up to the wedding can help. Cutting out sweets will definitely help, and perhaps having your avitar not eat so much might help as well :lol:

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

Timeline
As the old saying goes, Fat & happy!

I like the gym or rec center idea because it is a place you two can go to together, making exercise a family activity. A lot of rec centers have aerobic classes, or swiming or matial arts - which can be a shared hobby as well. the YMCA is good, not expensive, and not a fashion show like some private health clubs.

:yes:

I'm often quite shy about joining classes and I prefer to have someone to go with - so hopefully Alex and I can go to classes together. I'd love to attend a dance class.

I'm shy too, but not in the same way. I wouldn't want to exercise with my husband. It seems so strange. I'd rather join a gym class where I don't know anybody than exercise with him.

I can't explain why. He knows almost everything about me, so do I, we share lots and lots of things, and we're definitely not prudish. But when I think of working out together, somehow there's a block in my mind.

But maybe we will.

Don't worry too much - nervous energy leading up to the wedding can help. Cutting out sweets will definitely help, and perhaps having your avitar not eat so much might help as well :lol:

:lol: that's exactly what I was thinking!

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Timeline

hey girls i just got cured about something :P

I felt in love with the Max Chaoul wedding dresses.

http://www.maxchaoulcouture.com/index.htm

I just come back from the store where i tried some dresses.

Just 2 dresses, the less expensive ones... (3200 euros)

It look really really nice but.... no.

Even a wedding dress don't need to be so expensive.

Richard & Chantal

"We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can only fly while embracing each other."

.png

Timeline
I'm shy too, but not in the same way. I wouldn't want to exercise with my husband. It seems so strange. I'd rather join a gym class where I don't know anybody than exercise with him.

I can't explain why. He knows almost everything about me, so do I, we share lots and lots of things, and we're definitely not prudish. But when I think of working out together, somehow there's a block in my mind.

But maybe we will.

There's exercise and then there's fun active stuff to do. I don't really want to sit around and lift weights with Olga, nor would I be particularly excited about a spin class or joining her in aerobics (I don't look as good in tights as I used to :P ) What I do plan to do with her is play a lot of tennis, go to the pool (what guy wouldn't want to see his gal in a bathing suit), bike riding, and lots and lots of walking. I know if we don't do these things we'll sit around in the kitchen talking or on the couch watching TV or other sedintary type things. Not good for anyone's waistlines.

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

Timeline

Wow, those are beautiful. That's pretty amazing. You can talk him into it!!!

Edited by BlakeandOlha

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

Timeline

prices are beautifull too :P

Richard & Chantal

"We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can only fly while embracing each other."

.png

Timeline
There's exercise and then there's fun active stuff to do. I don't really want to sit around and lift weights with Olga, nor would I be particularly excited about a spin class or joining her in aerobics (I don't look as good in tights as I used to :P ) What I do plan to do with her is play a lot of tennis, go to the pool (what guy wouldn't want to see his gal in a bathing suit), bike riding, and lots and lots of walking. I know if we don't do these things we'll sit around in the kitchen talking or on the couch watching TV or other sedintary type things. Not good for anyone's waistlines.

Bike riding and walking sound good. we'll probably do that. Apparently there is a park next to where he lives, I'm sure we'll go there from time to time.

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Timeline

prices are beautifull too :P

Yes these are beautiful dresses! They're so beautiful I'd be afraid to wear them and break or dirty them!

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Some of those dresses are fabulous!

I think if I were to spend a lot of money on a dress it'd have to be a crazy couture dress for sure - going over the top once in a rare while with something utterly outrageous is definitely something I'd do if the funds allowed for it!

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Timeline
Some of those dresses are fabulous!

I think if I were to spend a lot of money on a dress it'd have to be a crazy couture dress for sure - going over the top once in a rare while with something utterly outrageous is definitely something I'd do if the funds allowed for it!

I used to work for a french apparel company as finance director for their US subsidiary - it would make you positively ill to know how much these things cost to make vs. how much you are charged. Thank goodness crazy couture has not yet caught on in the Ukraine - there's a chance I could get out of this alive :lol:

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

Oh - I know there's a hideously huge mark-up and that you're paying almost entirely for the label...but I still think it'd be fun to do just once in a lifetime!

I wouldn't go too crazy and I've certainly not overindulged before, but I can understand the appeal. I could only do it guilt-free if I didn't desperately need anything else, or if the money was only to be allocated to me for a particular extravagance. For example, my mother would like to help me buy a decent quality wedding dress - if I do receive financial assistance from her it will be for a dress only, I couldn't ask that she spend the money on something else instead.

In the same way I wish I could be able to afford an expensive haircut, or to have a massage or have my nails done before I die - have a taste of what it is like to be a rich person for a day. :lol:

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.