BlakeandOlha

January Filers at the CSC - How are you doing?

4,270 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Welcome DramaKingandQueen! :D

sunnybear - I forbid you to think such dreadful things. :P Besides, look at Cecile - she watched all of us January 11th filers receive our approvals which must have been extremely hard - but then she herself was approved a week later. :)

Jereon - awesome! It must feel fantastic. I'm going to the nurse on Monday but that's just to discuss vaccinations; I may go to the doctor about a couple of minor things while it's still free, though! ;)

sunny - I've discussed Alex being a kept man, too. He's getting a rather good deal; he's importing me with the view to me working full time while he studies (or perhaps looks after the children :star: ). I'm not sure I can wait to have kids until he's finished school - that could take years and then one of us (probably him, as I'd have more work experience) would have to stay at home anyway. I'd really, really not want to wait beyond 30 as I'm concerned about fertility (having had an aunt who experienced 8 years of fertility problems I'd rather not take the risk). I'd also not want to be too old a parent. My mother had twins aged 41 and I think she and my dad find it a little tough being in their 50s and having youngsters sometimes.

LOL Rachel but yes I am a drama queen or a worrier I guess is more fitting a title :blush:

As far as kids and such I agree best to get it done and out of the way heh heh! LOL. But seriously We will NEVER be ready so might as well go for it if it is something we know we really want right? I have my daughter Gabby who just turned 6 but I am seriously considering trying to get pregnant this November/December time frame. I know we do not have much money etc but again who ever does really? I know we want a child together so might as well try and get it done since I will then be 30 and Gareth 31 and yes the clock starts ticking haha....twins at 41 wowsa!!! That sounds tiring to me for sure but I am sure they don't regret it one bit!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL Rachel but yes I am a drama queen or a worrier I guess is more fitting a title :blush:

As far as kids and such I agree best to get it done and out of the way heh heh! LOL. But seriously We will NEVER be ready so might as well go for it if it is something we know we really want right? I have my daughter Gabby who just turned 6 but I am seriously considering trying to get pregnant this November/December time frame. I know we do not have much money etc but again who ever does really? I know we want a child together so might as well try and get it done since I will then be 30 and Gareth 31 and yes the clock starts ticking haha....twins at 41 wowsa!!! That sounds tiring to me for sure but I am sure they don't regret it one bit!

You sound exactly like my mother! :D She and my dad had me when they didn't have much money at all - and they coped. Babies don't know if everything they wear and play in is second-hand. We had more fun playing in cardboard boxes when our toys were in storage than with many other things - children can be very creative! I don't believe I suffered. And my mother would also say, 'you never feel ready', too. ;)

They certainly don't regret the twins; they may not have been planned but my parents appreciate having a large family now. Even though my mother had them with very few complications I do know she found it a lot harder; your body is just that little less bit able to cope. She was hospitalised for most of the last two months of her pregnancy.

I also think it'll be nicer for Gabby to have a sibling that is as close in age to her as possible. I love the twins to bits but they feel more like my nephew and niece (I left home when they were 3) and it's a very different family dynamic. Having siblings closer in age to me also made it a little easier for my parents - we'd often play together and occupy ourselves, so my mother could cook/clean the house and not always have to keep an eye on us.

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Yup I wanted siblings close to Gabbys age sooo bad....one of the main reasons to my divorce to be honest haha....but will just have to wack one out as soon as possible ;) hahaha.....My sis and I are 6.5 years apart and it seems too far and now Gabby will have even a bigger difference but nothing I can do about that :(

Well I am off to work for the day...hope to come home to loads more approvals!!! GO CSC GO!!!!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Sometimes I wish we could have a baby soon... but this is not going to happen. He is not ready (and as he said, he probably never will so I'll have to let him know when I think it's the right moment :P) and he wants to go back to school again, so it's better to at least wait until he gets his degree... It should take 2 years. Then... he'll say he is not ready, that it's better to make sure he has a good job, but i'll make him accept it's the right time for a baby :P And I'll be the stay-at-home mom at the beginning (because that's always been my dream)

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

:lol: Yes - sounds about right!

See, I'm not very confident in Alex's ability to get a degree, otherwise I imagine I'd be in pretty much the same situation. ;)

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Ooooo it looks like you guys are clearing out pretty quickly over here! WTG CSC!

Sunny, i'm with you girl... you're never really 'ready'. People crack me up when they say they are waiting for more money..or a bigger house..etc. They just dont know! ;) Life will throw you curve balls all the time! My daughter is 16 this coming Monday and my son will be 13 in July. I'm 38 and Russell is 29 and we're planning on a new little 'nugget' to add to our clan soon too. I'm sure it will be much different this time around and i'm so looking forward to it! Sure, they're a lot of work but my kids are just awesome and I couldn't imagine my life without them. My kids (aka built in babysitters :lol:... jk) are very excited too!

Cecile.. sometimes a man, or woman for that matter, just doesn't know until he looks at that beautiful creation of your love and then it's all over! You better hope he doesn't want 10 after that! :lol: I stayed at home for about 14 years and never regretted a moment of it! I can see the world of difference it has made in my kids to have me here. Hardest thing I ever did though! Not to say you can't be a good mom and work..cuz that's what I do now..but because I work for myself, and around their schedule...i'm still there for them every day. Even more important when you have teenagers. ;)

timeline.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

@Rachel

I'll be confident when he starts going back to school. Until then, I'm not. But once he starts he won't have a choice, he'll have to finish! ;)

@Kim

I don't think I'll be a stay-at-home mom for very long. Maybe a year or two... but we never know, maybe he is going to find the best job in the world so I can stay at home longer.

Why do you say it was the hardest things you ever did?

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
Why do you say it was the hardest things you ever did?

Because it's what you care most about... you can't leave it on your desk at the end of the day or let something wait that needs doing. You are a parent 24/7..whether you have the time, or the energy or whether you're in the mood or not. If you do it right anyway. ;) Lots of people just think that being there is enough. I'm a mom who thinks it's important to interact, serve as an example and share the wonders of the world with her kids and I tried to fill their time with happy, beautiful and fun things. Once they started school, I was as involved as I could be with that too. Also coached pop warner cheering for many, many... many years. A full time job in itself! There are just so many demands that you are not rewarded monetarily for... but they do make you rich in so many other ways. ;) So, while it's the hardest job i've had, it's by far the most rewarding.

We also lost a child to a heart problem between the two I have now so I am well aware that bad things can and do happen. :( An added stress that I hope none of you ever have to endure.

I've never been one to sit still or watch daytime tv or anything so when the kids were napping I taught myself html and other scripting languages... I took computers apart and put them back together... all of which I do now for work ;) ... and I filled my time with tons of volunteer work. I also lost 200 pounds, started a website and went on many tv shows and magazine shoots in that time. My husband at the time was a great support and I am surrounded by a super family and great friends but the day to day, although rewarding like nothing else, was a lot of work.

timeline.jpg

Ooooo it looks like you guys are clearing out pretty quickly over here! WTG CSC!

Not fast enough ;) haha

anyways, to drop into the whole kid thingie... Michelle and I both want kids so we hope we'll get some asap :D And when we finally do, I guess I'll be the stay-at-home-daddy in our relationship hehe :)

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Good morning everyone! Well...morning for me anyway :)

For all the kid talk...I can't wait to have kids! We're going to wait at least a year from when he moves here since we've never gotten to live together...we want to give ourselves time to just be together. Then we're both all for having a couple or four kids. :D

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Hmmm...how is it that there have been three or four approvals, but I haven't moved anywhere on Igor's list? I mean...I totally understand moving up one or two...but how can I not be moving at all?

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Hmmm...how is it that there have been three or four approvals, but I haven't moved anywhere on Igor's list? I mean...I totally understand moving up one or two...but how can I not be moving at all?

I did noticed we moved back 1 spot (we went from 65 to 59 and back to 60), I think we went back up one again because of new people signing up at VJ and/or filling in their timelines... if they happen to have filed before us, they will automatically put is back again :)

N400 Timeline:

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

04/17/12 - Biometrics

I did noticed we moved back 1 spot (we went from 65 to 59 and back to 60), I think we went back up one again because of new people signing up at VJ and/or filling in their timelines... if they happen to have filed before us, they will automatically put is back again :)

I know...like I said...I can totally understand one or two...but I have only moved one spot with all of the approvals this week. I was 119 on Monday...I'm 118 now.

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

I know...like I said...I can totally understand one or two...but I have only moved one spot with all of the approvals this week. I was 119 on Monday...I'm 118 now.

oic.. thats even worse than I did... I moved once, were set back again, moved some more and was set another spot lol... its like a slowpoke rollercoaster xD

N400 Timeline:

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

04/17/12 - Biometrics

oic.. thats even worse than I did... I moved once, were set back again, moved some more and was set another spot lol... its like a slowpoke rollercoaster xD

Wwhhh.......ee.......eeee........eee.....eeee!!.........!! :wacko:

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.