BlakeandOlha

January Filers at the CSC - How are you doing?

4,270 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
Hey Blake... I mean Moses... no, I mean Blake,

Just wanted to point out that the April approval was an '07 not an '08. So in fact their wait wasn't such a lucky one.

By the way, I AM SO TERRIFIED OF GETTING LEFT BEHIND!!!!!!!!!! But like we've said, I think everyone is in that boat. I thought it was very gracious of Rachel to say a few weeks ago, that if anyone gets a slightly longer wait, it could be her cause she's not moving until later this fall. Very kind of you. However, I'm quite happy to see you got the NOA2 nice and early anyway. You sure deserve it! And NO ONE ever deserves to be left behind.

AH! I am so scared of being left behind, too...I just got more scared about it reading estadia's post. She said CSC was concerned about their age difference...there are 10 years between Dennis and me, I'm 27 and he's 37. I hope that doesn't cause problems. I think I'm just having a panicky, extra-stressed day today.

hi,

i read it with the age difference.

What would be with Cassi and me? She is 28 and i be 50 Years now?

But we love us and the age difference doesn't matter.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Blake... I mean Moses... no, I mean Blake,

Just wanted to point out that the April approval was an '07 not an '08. So in fact their wait wasn't such a lucky one.

By the way, I AM SO TERRIFIED OF GETTING LEFT BEHIND!!!!!!!!!! But like we've said, I think everyone is in that boat. I thought it was very gracious of Rachel to say a few weeks ago, that if anyone gets a slightly longer wait, it could be her cause she's not moving until later this fall. Very kind of you. However, I'm quite happy to see you got the NOA2 nice and early anyway. You sure deserve it! And NO ONE ever deserves to be left behind.

AH! I am so scared of being left behind, too...I just got more scared about it reading estadia's post. She said CSC was concerned about their age difference...there are 10 years between Dennis and me, I'm 27 and he's 37. I hope that doesn't cause problems. I think I'm just having a panicky, extra-stressed day today.

hi,

i read it with the age difference.

What would be with Cassi and me? She is 28 and i be 50 Years now?

But we love us and the age difference doesn't matter.

I don't think the age difference is a problem...but someone else who has been stuck in extended processing for months said that the CSC person she talked to on the phone said that their age difference might be contributing to their wait. She's 21 and he's 33. I am just hoping it doesn't cause a problem with us.

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
I agree about the missing each other more part and when we are both busy and don't text it does seem to make time go faster instead of sitting there feeling sorry for ourselves LOL

:lol:

i have to admit, i was getting quite silly with the phone calls and text messages. i was even waking up in the middle of the night thinking that my phone was ringing! i guess i'm just not that used to constant communication from... well, anyone! not even my own brain keeps itself as occupied and david and i were keeping each other on the phone and through email for a while.

busy is good! :D

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
My fiance didn't receive anything so far, so I don't know if our petitions went there at the same time. I will ask him to call NVC in a few days to know if they got it.

I am sorry you didn't received anything yet. I was almost sure our petitions would go on the same date, knowing they wait to get a lot of petitions to send them overseas... :blush:

Let us know if you have any news from NVC!

For all the other ones waiting, I am hoping CSC will finally be getting more approvals!

Not easy to say that when it is so slow, but still, have good thoughts for all of you! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

There may be other issues there than just the age differential which are bringing estadia's file into a security review situation. The state of Kashmir has many issues regarding terrorism/seperatism and is a hot point between Pakistan and India so they could be running into a Name Similarity issue that the security clearance people are having a hard time resolving. As far as the age differential is concerned I don't think it matters - unless there is some question as to Sara's age when they met - (she says 18). Finally, there is the potential issue of how the reviewing officer views the prior K-1 her fiancee was on and the reasons why it was pulled - something that only the CSC may know.

Regardless, there are a number of items that might play into why the CSC has taken so incredibly long with her application - items that are unique to estadia's case. Personally I think it is insane what the CSC is doing to her. I say if security is an issue, then out with it and give them an opportunity to respond, don't just keep this thing bouncing from reviewer to reviewer.

Anyway, my point is that as long as there is proof of a bona fide relationship, then age doesn't matter.

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I agree about the missing each other more part and when we are both busy and don't text it does seem to make time go faster instead of sitting there feeling sorry for ourselves LOL

i have to admit, i was getting quite silly with the phone calls and text messages. i was even waking up in the middle of the night thinking that my phone was ringing! i guess i'm just not that used to constant communication from... well, anyone! not even my own brain keeps itself as occupied and david and i were keeping each other on the phone and through email for a while.

Does anyone else get the phantom phone vibrations?! We text so much that sometimes I think I feel my phone vibrate when it really didn't... :lol:

January 19, 2008 sent I129f to CSC

January 24, 2008 NOA1

June 3, 2008 TOUCH!!!

June 3, 2008 NOA2!!!!!

June 9, 2008 NVC received

June 10, 2008 mailed to Vancouver!!!

June 24, 2008 Packet 3 received!!!

July 3, 2008 Faxed Packet 3 to Vancouver

July 11, 2008 Medical

July 15, 2008 Packet 4 received(interview notice)

August 27, 2008 1pm INTERVIEW!!!!! APPROVED!!!!

September 14, 2008 POE Pembina, North Dakota YAY!!!!

November 1, 2008 Wedding!!!

AOS, EAD, AP

January 10, 2009 AOS, EAD, AP sent to Chicago lockbox

January 12, 2009 Received

January 22, 2009 NOA1 AOS, EAD, AP

January 30, 2009 AOS transfered to CSC

March 16, 2009 AP touch

March 17, 2009 Biometrics

March 17, 2009 EAD card production ordered

March 17, 2009 AOS touch

March 18, 2009 AP received

March 25, 2009 EAD received (good for one year)

April 21, 2009 Email stating AOS approved!!!!!!

April 25, 2009 Card received

Does anyone else get the phantom phone vibrations?! We text so much that sometimes I think I feel my phone vibrate when it really didn't... :lol:

I get these, too! Even when my phone isn't anywhere near me!

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Timeline

I get these, too! Even when my phone isn't anywhere near me!

Yep me also... Pretty strange Lol... The timelines on our profile changed now. I liked the old dates better!!!

January 24, 2008 NOA1

June 3, 2008 TOUCH!!!

June 3, 2008 NOA2!!!!!

July 11, 2008 Medical

AOS, EAD, AP

March 16, 2009 AP touch

March 17, 2009 AOS touch

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Oh please please pleaseeeee sweet Lord let me be in the next wave of CSC approvals!!! I am going nutso over here!

As far as age differs go I don't think it should be such a big deal at all BUT me personally when I see these ummmmm quite OLDER men marrying young women in early 20's I get a funny pervy feeling from it all....but that just may be me ;) hahaah

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

Yep me also... Pretty strange Lol... The timelines on our profile changed now. I liked the old dates better!!!

Must be from that April'07 approval. I try not to even look at the timeline anymore...it was just causing me so much stress when it moved back and forth!

Oh please please pleaseeeee sweet Lord let me be in the next wave of CSC approvals!!! I am going nutso over here!

As far as age differs go I don't think it should be such a big deal at all BUT me personally when I see these ummmmm quite OLDER men marrying young women in early 20's I get a funny pervy feeling from it all....but that just may be me ;) hahaah

I like to tell Dennis that he's a bit of a pervy old man for marrying me. ;)

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Timeline

Must be from that April'07 approval. I try not to even look at the timeline anymore...it was just causing me so much stress when it moved back and forth!

HEY 37'S NOT OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 24, 2008 NOA1

June 3, 2008 TOUCH!!!

June 3, 2008 NOA2!!!!!

July 11, 2008 Medical

AOS, EAD, AP

March 16, 2009 AP touch

March 17, 2009 AOS touch

I know! I don't think it's old, either...but he's still marrying a woman 10 years his junior...so I like to tease him. :)

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Timeline

I know! I don't think it's old, either...but he's still marrying a woman 10 years his junior...so I like to tease him. :)

Lol.. I just said that cause I'm 37. Levi teases me that I'm robbing the cradle because he's 32.

January 24, 2008 NOA1

June 3, 2008 TOUCH!!!

June 3, 2008 NOA2!!!!!

July 11, 2008 Medical

AOS, EAD, AP

March 16, 2009 AP touch

March 17, 2009 AOS touch

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

So if i'm 38 and he's 29 what does that make me, eh??? Besides SMART I mean! :lol:

I'm with Blake in regards to sara's case. I think one uninformed secretary made a statement that she probably shouldn't have. Age means very little when it comes to matters of the heart and i'm sure the uscis feels the same. Now too much of an age difference ...with other 'noticeable' contributing factors does give me that pervy visa fraud feeling too but eh, who are we to judge who is in love and who is in visa-love? That's for the uscis to decide and hopefully they're doing their job! As Blake stated, Sara's SO is from a pretty rough part of the world and we know he was already stuck in security clearance. The problem I see with her case is that she gets a different answer depending on the day and the voice at other end. That's just not right. I mean, if they're in security checks then state that and stay with that...don't tell her it's with an adjuticator and about to be approved then tell her it's back in checks. I know there are several levels of database checks but this is really just ridiculous and my heart goes out to them both as i'm sure do yours.

We were touched today! I know it means nothing but it feels oooo sooo good! :lol:

timeline.jpg

Timeline
So if i'm 38 and he's 29 what does that make me, eh??? Besides SMART I mean! :lol:

I'm with Blake in regards to sara's case. I think one uninformed secretary made a statement that she probably shouldn't have. Age means very little when it comes to matters of the heart and i'm sure the uscis feels the same. Now too much of an age difference ...with other 'noticeable' contributing factors does give me that pervy visa fraud feeling too but eh, who are we to judge who is in love and who is in visa-love? That's for the uscis to decide and hopefully they're doing their job! As Blake stated, Sara's SO is from a pretty rough part of the world and we know he was already stuck in security clearance. The problem I see with her case is that she gets a different answer depending on the day and the voice at other end. That's just not right. I mean, if they're in security checks then state that and stay with that...don't tell her it's with an adjuticator and about to be approved then tell her it's back in checks. I know there are several levels of database checks but this is really just ridiculous and my heart goes out to them both as i'm sure do yours.

We were touched today! I know it means nothing but it feels oooo sooo good! :lol:

That is exciting though! I've still never seen a touch! 38 and 29 huh? Yep definate craddle robber :lol:

January 24, 2008 NOA1

June 3, 2008 TOUCH!!!

June 3, 2008 NOA2!!!!!

July 11, 2008 Medical

AOS, EAD, AP

March 16, 2009 AP touch

March 17, 2009 AOS touch

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.