BlakeandOlha

January Filers at the CSC - How are you doing?

4,270 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Just having a mild 'eek do I really want to move to the US?' moment.

I have a couple of really fantastic friends here and I'm worried about having to begin friendships anew. I'm also not looking forward to having to sift through my belongings and work out what I want to sell and what I want to ship. I'm also concerned that items might be damaged or lost in the shipping; not that it'd be a disaster by any means - I don't really have anything precious - but it would be a pain. I have everything nicely set up as it is.

Also - and this is going to be hard to describe - I guess I'm feeling a lack of love lately. Not from Alex, I hasten to add, or from you guys in this thread. Just having a paranoid week where I keep wondering if I'm saying the right things, whether or not I've annoyed someone, whether people are secretly laughing behind my back; I know, it's ridiculous. Being all moody and tearful for no real reason.

Aww, don't worry Rachel, I am sure that everybody still loves you here :) at least I do! And so far nothing you've said annoyed me or made me laugh (at least not in a bad way)

I'm sure this is only temporary and you will feel better soon.

And i'm sure you will make lots of friends and your life in the US will be awesome. Your friends in the UK will want you to tell them everything you do. it won't be exactly as it is now, but they will remain your friends :)

tnx so much for taking time to give suggestion..we are 14 hrs apart time wise, its like when hes fully up im sleepy dork and when he feels so dead tired im the one hus so ready to talk. we talk everyday though i just cant have a patience sometiems whenever i hear his voice sounds so tired when he talks to me..it gives me a feeling that hes not excited to tlk to me.

i love him so dearly.

well, i guess an NOA2 for us will swipe this negative vibes in an instant :whistle:

I read your story and from what you say, you do understand the situation: you know that he is tired. He may not sound excited to talk to you but he probably is. But he's too tired to show it. Don't put to much stress on him. And don't stress yourself with that either. Show him that you understand how he feels. Here is an idea, but I don't know if you would both be willing to do so, but maybe you should talk only once every two days. That way, when you don't talk together he can go to bed and rest, and the next day when he talks with you he won't be as tired.

It's strange to see that everyone feels down at almost the same moment.

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dennis is hoping that his interview will be on August 15th, because that will be the anniversary of the first time we met in person. :) I hope it'll be sooner than that, but that's the crazy optimist in me. Sooner is better than later for sure. Have you noticed how long it takes from NOA2 to interview?

I've read that Vancouver schedules about 30 days out. So, theoretically once we get the NOA2 we're about two months from having the visa in hand, depending on the CSC to NVC to Consulate time. Is Levi moving down as soon as you have the visa? Which POE are you guys using? :)

Ok thats not so bad... Yes as soon as we have the visa I'll fly up there and we'll drive down together. Can you go through any border crossing? If so then Emerson/Pembina would be the closest. Thats how I went when I drove up on vacation.

That's our plan exactly, you can go through any border crossing. We'll be going through Emerson/Pembina, too. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll give us the temp EAD stamp. It's going to be driving Dennis CRAZY to not be able to work. He's already looking at potential employers and is planning on starting to apply as soon as we file the AOS/EAD/AP, even if he can't work yet.

Levi is the same way!!! Wants to work ASAP he's not used to doing nothing. I haven't heard one way or the other about the EAD stamp from that crossing but it sure would be nice!!! The border guards were a bit rude state side when I came through on the way home but what can ya do......

Really? they were really nice when we came across last time. And our situation was a little bit complicated because I flew in and out of Fargo and he came to pick me up....but they still waved us through after a few questions. I think it depends on what mood you catch them in. :)

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Dennis is hoping that his interview will be on August 15th, because that will be the anniversary of the first time we met in person. :) I hope it'll be sooner than that, but that's the crazy optimist in me. Sooner is better than later for sure. Have you noticed how long it takes from NOA2 to interview?

I've read that Vancouver schedules about 30 days out. So, theoretically once we get the NOA2 we're about two months from having the visa in hand, depending on the CSC to NVC to Consulate time. Is Levi moving down as soon as you have the visa? Which POE are you guys using? :)

Ok thats not so bad... Yes as soon as we have the visa I'll fly up there and we'll drive down together. Can you go through any border crossing? If so then Emerson/Pembina would be the closest. Thats how I went when I drove up on vacation.

That's our plan exactly, you can go through any border crossing. We'll be going through Emerson/Pembina, too. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll give us the temp EAD stamp. It's going to be driving Dennis CRAZY to not be able to work. He's already looking at potential employers and is planning on starting to apply as soon as we file the AOS/EAD/AP, even if he can't work yet.

Levi is the same way!!! Wants to work ASAP he's not used to doing nothing. I haven't heard one way or the other about the EAD stamp from that crossing but it sure would be nice!!! The border guards were a bit rude state side when I came through on the way home but what can ya do......

Really? they were really nice when we came across last time. And our situation was a little bit complicated because I flew in and out of Fargo and he came to pick me up....but they still waved us through after a few questions. I think it depends on what mood you catch them in. :)

Oh I'm sure thats true... Lol... I was coming across first thing in the morning so maybe he hadn't had his coffee yet. Just seemed to have a bit of an attitude when I said I had been there visiting my fiance.

January 19, 2008 sent I129f to CSC

January 24, 2008 NOA1

June 3, 2008 TOUCH!!!

June 3, 2008 NOA2!!!!!

June 9, 2008 NVC received

June 10, 2008 mailed to Vancouver!!!

June 24, 2008 Packet 3 received!!!

July 3, 2008 Faxed Packet 3 to Vancouver

July 11, 2008 Medical

July 15, 2008 Packet 4 received(interview notice)

August 27, 2008 1pm INTERVIEW!!!!! APPROVED!!!!

September 14, 2008 POE Pembina, North Dakota YAY!!!!

November 1, 2008 Wedding!!!

AOS, EAD, AP

January 10, 2009 AOS, EAD, AP sent to Chicago lockbox

January 12, 2009 Received

January 22, 2009 NOA1 AOS, EAD, AP

January 30, 2009 AOS transfered to CSC

March 16, 2009 AP touch

March 17, 2009 Biometrics

March 17, 2009 EAD card production ordered

March 17, 2009 AOS touch

March 18, 2009 AP received

March 25, 2009 EAD received (good for one year)

April 21, 2009 Email stating AOS approved!!!!!!

April 25, 2009 Card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
I was so sure that we would be one of the lost cases and that it would take several more months for us that I was feeling down too.

That's indeed one of my concerns as well.

The one thing that made me feel better at the end of the week was to think that another week had gone by and therefore we were closer to the end :)

Yep, I got the exact same feeling each day passed without the approval still means another day closer to the end indeed :)

oh yes i am the same on each of these........

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello everyone, I've been out of the office driving all around the area on business - Chantal, I even drove through Carpentersville and it looks GREAT!

This has been the first time today I've been able to turn on the computer and, like everyone, I was disappointed at the lack of approvals - although the two approvals from November would probably disagree with that statement. I was lurking on this site for a good six months before I filed, and I've seen every type of emotional wave run through the threads here. There is absolutely no denying that this is a difficult process and one that not only asks for patience, but demands it. I've got as much right to be depressed about time and distance as anyone: I don't get to call my love every day, and no, webcams are not possible, and its been over 240 days since I saw her last.....yeah, I have justifiable grounds for depression and anger.

At various points in time I've had some pretty crappy things happen in my life that I've had to make it through even though at the time I did not know how I could. Please try to put this process in perspective, a week or 2 or 3 difference in approval time, in the grand scheme of things, is relatievely meaningless. We who have been forced to go through this approval process should know better than anyone that life is full of less than ideal circumstances. The point is, is that life will always challenge us with difficult situations from time to time, there is little to nothing that we can do as individuals to stop that. What we can do, however, is choose how we'll respond to the problem. Do we sink into a swamp of depression? Do we lash out in frustration at our friends, family, or fiancees? Do we feel sorry for ourselves or just run away from thinking about it? To be perfectly honest, to a greater or lesser extent I've been guilty of all of these from time to time, none of us are perfect. But the bottom line is what are we to do with this challenge - crumble or overcome. Believe me, patience is not one of my virtues, but I cannot fail or falter in this process - that is not an option.

This is, after all, just a process that will come to an end, perhaps not a ideally as we imagined, but it will come to an end nonetheless. I believe that if we all stay strong and positive, then in a year the fact that we had to wait will hardly be remembered. That we are active on this thread indicates that we are proactive people and stronger than perhaps we give ourselves credit for. We are the ones who are involved, searching, and attempting to understand how this thing works, and because we are such people, we should also remember that our SO's are probably counting on us quite a bit. So be strong, if only for the person you love. Be optimistic, if only to give calm to the person you will be spending the rest of your life with. Be forgiving to those around you who do not and can not understand everything you are feeling. This is but one test we will face as we move through life with our partners - my wish is that we handle this, and all future challenges, with love, determination and fortitude.

Bsides, I still think we'll get 20 January approvals this week :D

Edited by BlakeandOlha

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

my wish is that we handle this, and all future challenges, with love, determination and fortitude.

Bsides, I still think we'll get 20 January approvals this week :D

So much strength in your words...

God will not make bad things not to happen, he will only help us go through them.

You know, Blake, you are GOD'S eye and word and hand on this site...

(F)

I'm thinking about each of those who're still waiting for the approval. It's anytime now!

.png

UURI.jpg

aravis, Cecile - thank you both so much. :) Hugs are especially welcome! I am feeling a lot more positive right now. Yes; my life in California will be awesome and I will make new friends. I'm determined to make that happen!

Blake - what an amazing post! I really do love this thread; it is so positive and full of words of wisdom and advice. It's hard to express exactly how much this thread has meant to me on my journey. (F)

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Timeline
aravis, Cecile - thank you both so much. :) Hugs are especially welcome! I am feeling a lot more positive right now. Yes; my life in California will be awesome and I will make new friends. I'm determined to make that happen!

Blake - what an amazing post! I really do love this thread; it is so positive and full of words of wisdom and advice. It's hard to express exactly how much this thread has meant to me on my journey. (F)

:blush:

We'll all get through this together - I know that everyone here has helped me so much and I am grateful.

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

:::: picking self up:::::

:::: dusting self off:::::

:::: thanking blake for the wonderfully kind words::::

Whether big numbers are posted or not, we are all another day closer to being together. Thank you Blake.

Now let's get the mood in this thread back to our normal, spunky selves! Where's sunny when we need her?! :thumbs:

:blush:

We'll all get through this together - I know that everyone here has helped me so much and I am grateful.

K1 TIMELINE:

01-24-2008 = Sent I-129F to CSC

01-29-2008 = NOA1 Issued

05-28-2008 = NOA2 (125 days after NOA1)

06-02-2008 = NOA2 Hardcopy received; NVC received petition

06-04-2008 = NVC sent package to Costa Rica

06-10-2008 = Embassy received

06-13-2008 = Picked up Packet 3

06-25-2008 = Interview (28 days after NOA2)

07-05-2008 = Home to the U.S. together!

09-20-2008 = Wedding!

AOS/EAD/AP TIMELINE:

10-15-2008 = Sent giant packet to Lockbox

10-22-2008 = NOA1's Issued

11-04-2008 = RFE on AOS only: need birth certificate, ORIGINAL was taken at interview. GRRR

11-24-2008 = Biometrics

12-22-2008 = Mailed RFE packet back

01-02-2009 = AOS processing resumed

01-16-2009 = Service Request filed for EAD (90 days with no news)

01-27-2009 = EAD and AP approved (102 days after NOA1's)

03-12-2009 = AOS Interview, APPROVED!

REMOVING CONDITIONS TIMELINE:

02-18-2011 = Sent packet to CSC

02-22-2011 = NOA1 Issued

03-21-2011 = Biometrics

04-26-2011 = APPROVED!

DONE WITH USCIS FOR 10 YEARS!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Haha feelin down myself like I posted above...but every day is a day closer so I will try to see that! I am sure as heck hoping to hear something this month! Memorial day here on Monday is not making me too hopeful though as I know all of CSC will be at BBQ's and what not.......grrrrrrrr don't they know we want to do those things with our loved ones? haha....

Gareth and I both have been not even in the mood to chat on the computer lately which is sad but gosh we are so over it. This weekend marks one year since we have been in one anothers arms :( That is hitting us both hard I think.

I am trying to stay busy though. I have plans for next weekend and then my daughter will be with her Dad the last week of May and then my birthday is the following weekend so will go out for that soooo just trying to keep things rolling!

This weekend nothing planned but beer and laundry though heh heh....

Tomorrow is Wednesday ahem one day closer to Friday....I am still sooooo damn tired from the Chicago trip this past weekend. I do not do well with lack of sleep.

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

Hey group, I think it's time for a group hug here to help us all. So here goes:

[[[[[[[[[[Everyone in this thread]]]]]]]]]]

And Blake, thank you for your words. They do help :)

PS: Levi_Heather, no looking at the USCIS site ;)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I was total OCD when it came to the USCIS page, but I've found out that it's not something to rely on. I just found out today that our petition is at the Consulate and the USCIS site still says "Case received and pending" and it was last updated 2/24/08. So not only has it left CSC, been through NVC and is now sitting at the Consulate in Morocco. So I wouldn't worry so much about their page. They don't seem to be on top of keeping it updated.

Label.jpg

.png

mybabygirl-1-1.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Timeline
I was total OCD when it came to the USCIS page, but I've found out that it's not something to rely on. I just found out today that our petition is at the Consulate and the USCIS site still says "Case received and pending" and it was last updated 2/24/08. So not only has it left CSC, been through NVC and is now sitting at the Consulate in Morocco. So I wouldn't worry so much about their page. They don't seem to be on top of keeping it updated.

:lol: That's a good point - actually, we've probably all been approved, but the CSC has just forgotten to tell us :lol:

Rock'n the gange at the CSC :mellow:

Edited by BlakeandOlha

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Awwww thank you Blake and all.

Your words makes me feel a bit better.

It makes me smile Blake when you wrote that you saw Carpentersville, I miss home so much!

I love this place!

I have a kind of good news, yesterday, the guy who gonna to replace me at work arrived. Now my mission at work is to give him all my knowledge. It's another step. OK not the step I wait for... but. It's already something.

You know all, even if I don't write there, I'm not really depressed. It's just, I don't know how I feel. I have full of hopes and in the same time I try to forget the process but can't. So, you know what I mean. It's something you can't work on. I use to be able to fix the thing and stuffs. But now, the only thing we can do is waiting and hoping. And I don't use to sit and wait. It's for me the hardest thing.

I wish you all a wonderful day, and I cross my fingers like always (oh god we all gonna to get arthritis later) for a lot of approvals.

Hugs and kisses

Richard & Chantal

"We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can only fly while embracing each other."

.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

really? so u how did you know that you're case has been approved?

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 3 - NVC sent letter to petitioner

Jul 15 - confirmation letter received (tnk u my dear DHL)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

Aug 28 - USEM interview date! (eto' na!) - PASSED - PINK SLIP ONLY!

Sept 26 - PAL departure - MNL-LAX

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Jan 30 2009 - AOS with EAD and AP submitted to Chi, IL

Feb 4 - check cleared

Feb 10 - AOS, EAD, AP NOA1 received!

Feb 19 - Biometric appointment letter received

Feb 28 - Biometrics schedule

Mar 28 - AP and interview invitation received by mail

Apr 2 - EAD card recieved

May 15 - Interview Schedule - APPROVED!

Jun 25 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED ON MAIL Dated June 16

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.