BlakeandOlha

January Filers at the CSC - How are you doing?

4,270 posts in this topic

:bonk: I knew that! I've heard that they want three years of IRS transcripts to prove income. However, they'll accept a letter from your employer if you've been there that long. Basically they want three years of financial records from the USC.

I'm curious about this too. I'll be going to the Montreal embassy. Do you know if they want three years as well here?

I think so, but I'm not sure. I wish I had more details...it doesn't say it's required in packet 3 (which I think is completely unfair! What if you aren't part of a community like VJ?) but I've heard of people being told to get it. Apparently it's easy to request a transcript from the IRS. Hopefully it is fast, too because I haven't requested mine yet!

Nah, you'll need to bring it with you to the interview is my understanding. It's also not really important to have the last three years as it is to have the last year (which is good coz my SO only has the last year). All they want to know if the USC is able to support the foreign fiance NOW, not if he/she was able to do this 3 years ago ^^

It's good to take 3 years with you but it isn't needed if you cant supply it. Or that is at least my understanding :)

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:bonk: I knew that! I've heard that they want three years of IRS transcripts to prove income. However, they'll accept a letter from your employer if you've been there that long. Basically they want three years of financial records from the USC.

I'm curious about this too. I'll be going to the Montreal embassy. Do you know if they want three years as well here?

I think so, but I'm not sure. I wish I had more details...it doesn't say it's required in packet 3 (which I think is completely unfair! What if you aren't part of a community like VJ?) but I've heard of people being told to get it. Apparently it's easy to request a transcript from the IRS. Hopefully it is fast, too because I haven't requested mine yet!

Ok, thanks. I'll let my fiance know about this and ask him to make a request for 3 years. I guess it's better to be safe than sorry! Probably won't hurt either if we can show them 3 years even if they ask for less.

Nah, you'll need to bring it with you to the interview is my understanding. It's also not really important to have the last three years as it is to have the last year (which is good coz my SO only has the last year). All they want to know if the USC is able to support the foreign fiance NOW, not if he/she was able to do this 3 years ago ^^

It's good to take 3 years with you but it isn't needed if you cant supply it. Or that is at least my understanding :)

I've heard this is something specific to at least the Vancouver embassy that they require three years. Maybe someone exaggerated the situation, but I've definitely heard that Vancouver wants three years.

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

[quote name='BlakeandOlha' date='May 16 2008, 07:53 PM' post='1847425'

I started this thread on my birthday back in February when I was 30 days after filing and feeling that I was going nowhere fast. With approvals starting over on the VSC side I really felt alone and left out of the excitement. I never imagined that we'd hit the 100 page mark when this started, but when I look back over the last 2.5 months I really see the sense of community and support that makes this website worthwhile. Now this thing has a true life of its own and I'm just happy to contribute. If it wasn't for you fellow journeyers I don't know how I would have made it this far in one piece. What a great birthday present! :thumbs:

I agree, that's a great thread you started there! :thumbs:

I know I am not one of the really active posters here, but I go on that thread almost everyday! I just found amazing to realise you're not alone in that process, and to see that everybody is trying to help, and is happy for every new approvals!

I wanna say thanks to the "regular" posters here, and also to you Blake for that list you always update!! I was for a while one of the quiet readers, but it is with people like you, that we get informations, and most important support when we're feeling down! :)

Even if I am not done with my visa process, I wanna say you guys are great!!! :D

I've heard this is something specific to at least the Vancouver embassy that they require three years. Maybe someone exaggerated the situation, but I've definitely heard that Vancouver wants three years.

hmm.. if thats the case, then my SO and I will basically be in trouble... she only filed last year as she was still a student before that :S

I can't believe it will be like that tho, I mean, what do all the people have to do who haven't filed taxes for three years? I think it must've been some exaggeration indeed, it would be weird if you need it and can't provide it lol

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hurreyyyyyyyy!!!! We got our NoA2 Approval. Actually the first one of the three touches was the approval date. USICS dint update our case status on the website.

Can anyone tell us how to find whether the case reached NVC?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Hurreyyyyyyyy!!!! We got our NoA2 Approval. Actually the first one of the three touches was the approval date. USICS dint update our case status on the website.

And also does anyone have a extensive checklist of documents needed for interview? kindly let me know

Thanks

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I believe shes is asking what happens to us specifically - K1 holders. Adjustment of Status, which we are required to file in order to work, gives us a two-year conditional green card, does it not? So I guess that would make us green card holders.

If we don't file Adjustment of Status within the 90 days, we're out of status - does that mean we can technically be deported? I've always been curious...

im confused about it too...cus i thought, that the K1 beneficiaries will be given an SSN when we go to U.S. so we can work while were there.. but ive always been curious if someone will ask me of my status when im already there..what wud i say... especially to the employers..

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 3 - NVC sent letter to petitioner

Jul 15 - confirmation letter received (tnk u my dear DHL)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

Aug 28 - USEM interview date! (eto' na!) - PASSED - PINK SLIP ONLY!

Sept 26 - PAL departure - MNL-LAX

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Jan 30 2009 - AOS with EAD and AP submitted to Chi, IL

Feb 4 - check cleared

Feb 10 - AOS, EAD, AP NOA1 received!

Feb 19 - Biometric appointment letter received

Feb 28 - Biometrics schedule

Mar 28 - AP and interview invitation received by mail

Apr 2 - EAD card recieved

May 15 - Interview Schedule - APPROVED!

Jun 25 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED ON MAIL Dated June 16

:dance: :dance: CONGRATS!!!! :dance: :dance:

K1 TIMELINE:

01-24-2008 = Sent I-129F to CSC

01-29-2008 = NOA1 Issued

05-28-2008 = NOA2 (125 days after NOA1)

06-02-2008 = NOA2 Hardcopy received; NVC received petition

06-04-2008 = NVC sent package to Costa Rica

06-10-2008 = Embassy received

06-13-2008 = Picked up Packet 3

06-25-2008 = Interview (28 days after NOA2)

07-05-2008 = Home to the U.S. together!

09-20-2008 = Wedding!

AOS/EAD/AP TIMELINE:

10-15-2008 = Sent giant packet to Lockbox

10-22-2008 = NOA1's Issued

11-04-2008 = RFE on AOS only: need birth certificate, ORIGINAL was taken at interview. GRRR

11-24-2008 = Biometrics

12-22-2008 = Mailed RFE packet back

01-02-2009 = AOS processing resumed

01-16-2009 = Service Request filed for EAD (90 days with no news)

01-27-2009 = EAD and AP approved (102 days after NOA1's)

03-12-2009 = AOS Interview, APPROVED!

REMOVING CONDITIONS TIMELINE:

02-18-2011 = Sent packet to CSC

02-22-2011 = NOA1 Issued

03-21-2011 = Biometrics

04-26-2011 = APPROVED!

DONE WITH USCIS FOR 10 YEARS!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey Congratulations!!!!! I was hoping one of those touches was an approval. Time to shift the positive energy ray once again....

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Congratulations! :thumbs:

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Congratulations! :dance:

Timeline

And also does anyone have a extensive checklist of documents needed for interview? kindly let me know

Thanks

It's very important that you use the guides here, there are examples of the documents that will be needed for the interview phase. A good idea is to go to the website of the US embassy in New dehli and read about their interview process. Each country (or oonsulate) seems to have its own slightly different way of handling things. The embassy reviews on this site also a good to give you a flavor of what you can expect on the day of the interview.

You have to call the NVC to find out. Generally it takes a couple weeks.

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

Timeline
I believe shes is asking what happens to us specifically - K1 holders. Adjustment of Status, which we are required to file in order to work, gives us a two-year conditional green card, does it not? So I guess that would make us green card holders.

If we don't file Adjustment of Status within the 90 days, we're out of status - does that mean we can technically be deported? I've always been curious...

im confused about it too...cus i thought, that the K1 beneficiaries will be given an SSN when we go to U.S. so we can work while were there.. but ive always been curious if someone will ask me of my status when im already there..what wud i say... especially to the employers..

It's not the SSN that allows you to work, it is the work authorization (the so called Green Card) which allows you to work. Employers are required by law to have you complete a form when applying that proves that you are eligible to work (it's called an I-9) and it is required for all employees. Basically this form is used to make sure the employer is only employing someone who is authorized to work in this country. You will need various documents to complete the I-9 but (including a SSN) you will definitely need the Green Card.

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

Timeline

If you can bring the three years do it, the affidavit of support is exactly that, and the USC has to show that they can clearly support the foreign fiance. This is one area where overkill is better than the bare minimum, in my opinion. they look back three years to see if there is a trend in earnings and/or consistency in employment. There are lots of people who haven't been working because of school or other factors that show less than three years of financial history - but many of those "just starting out" folk also have co-sponsors.

Edited by BlakeandOlha

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.