lovelylili

Married to USC while visiting on B2

6 posts in this topic

I understand after reading as much as I could find on the topic that our case (while unusual) is not THAT unusual, so the possibility of raised eyebrows at USCIS would not be of great surprise.

My wife and I meet a few years ago in the D.R. She came to visit here (USA) several times, and I visited the D.R. several times. The summer of 07 she visited on a B2, we were married, 3 days after the wedding her I-94 expired. Safe to say that by the time we had acquired all the necessary documents to submit to USCIS she was "Out of Status".

I mailed everything(485,130,131,765,325's,864) and all other required, checks $, and documents to USCIS Chicago lock box via UPS -->

sent-2-4-08

arrived-2-8-08

USCIS sent email & mailed four (4) 797-C Notice of Actions 2-8-08

USCIS cashed checks 2-11-08

USCIS sends ASC Bio appointment (scheduled for 2/29/08) on 2-13-08

USCIS sends "requesting additional evidence or information in this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT" 2-26-08

What could it be that they might need AFTER all they have done so far? Why all the work to request further documentation at this point?

Could someone please give me thoughts about our journey/process as they "see" it? I understand that each case is different, and that opinions vary, but I have this new found sense that I may have missed something. I am a military veteran, so government forms and procedures, however pathetic it may be, has lost the shock and awe factor it once had.

I really appreciate all the information this board and it's members have shared. The systematic process of putting our package together was simplified as a direct result of the helpful information found on this site. Thanks to all in advance. Kind regards.. Pachyderm & Lili

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I understand after reading as much as I could find on the topic that our case (while unusual) is not THAT unusual, so the possibility of raised eyebrows at USCIS would not be of great surprise.

My wife and I meet a few years ago in the D.R. She came to visit here (USA) several times, and I visited the D.R. several times. The summer of 07 she visited on a B2, we were married, 3 days after the wedding her I-94 expired. Safe to say that by the time we had acquired all the necessary documents to submit to USCIS she was "Out of Status".

I mailed everything(485,130,131,765,325's,864) and all other required, checks $, and documents to USCIS Chicago lock box via UPS -->

sent-2-4-08

arrived-2-8-08

USCIS sent email & mailed four (4) 797-C Notice of Actions 2-8-08

USCIS cashed checks 2-11-08

USCIS sends ASC Bio appointment (scheduled for 2/29/08) on 2-13-08

USCIS sends "requesting additional evidence or information in this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT" 2-26-08

What could it be that they might need AFTER all they have done so far? Why all the work to request further documentation at this point?

Could someone please give me thoughts about our journey/process as they "see" it? I understand that each case is different, and that opinions vary, but I have this new found sense that I may have missed something. I am a military veteran, so government forms and procedures, however pathetic it may be, has lost the shock and awe factor it once had.

I really appreciate all the information this board and it's members have shared. The systematic process of putting our package together was simplified as a direct result of the helpful information found on this site. Thanks to all in advance. Kind regards.. Pachyderm & Lili

You should be getting RFE letter in mail any day now telling you what you did not do that USCIS requires. Good luck.

Did you send in an I-693 and I-693a?

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

I can imagine! :lol:

Guess you'll have to wait until you get the RFE that they will mail to you. :)

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

I would still like to hear from anyone here that may have been in a similar situation (married in the states on a B1, then I-94 expired) when they started their visa journey. I still have not heard from USCIS with their notice requesting additional information. I suppose the list of items they might be looking for could be endless. I really thought I had covered ALL the bases. Kind regards to all- Pachyderm

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.