B'sA

this is for girls with an american fiance

338 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline
mawilson, you're not making a lot of sense. Equality in a marriage doesn't entail identity in every aspect. Just that the people's strengths, and not their sex organs, determine who does what.

C, I wasn't talking about equality in a marriage, just "equality" in general.

I wouldn't presume to impose my views of equality in marriage on Rail or anyone else

for that matter. If Rail's wife is happy with him making all the important decisions,

I have no problem with that.

Even in general, equality (e.g.) doesn't imply identity of all characteristics.

I have no problem with Rail doing whatever he wants in his life. It's his marriage and divorce, not mine. Still, the generalizations I think are unsupportable. Nothing wrong with deciding to look overseas, but doing so because you think all women of culture X are interchangeable fembots and all American women are harpies just isn't supported by reality.

I didnt go there looking for better. It was an accident, but after talking for a long time I saw that she was raised to respect a husbands place in the marriage, like my mother was raised ( you know before everyone got divorces) but she also mentioned she needed respect also. Mutual respect, I like that. Now, does that sound so bad of me? HELLO!!!!!!!
younglove43543.jpg

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course women's lib has resulted in a higher divorce rate. Because now women aren't afraid to stay in abusive or loveless marriages. Divorce isn't a good thing, but it's not necessarily a bad thing, either. There may be some marriages that end in divorce that could've been worked out but it's better that people aren't forced to stay together if there can be no reconciliation. Life was certainly not all peachy-keen before women's lib; any number of Victorian novels and news reports will tell you that.

Equality doesn't entail identity in every aspect. Just that the people's strengths, and not their sex organs, determine who does what.

Removing the 'in a marriage' part, that excellent quote sums up exactly what I was trying to say. :thumbs:

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
You're afraid that because women have equal rights, we'll try to push men out of everything, and you're afraid your'e not strong enough to fight us off? :lol:

Well, yes :P

It's not about strength though. What women lack in strength, they make up for in extraordinary sneakiness. :whistle:

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline
Wow, a guy who respects women is "#####-whipped," eh?

I've only ever heard that term used to describe a man with a domineering wife who does everything she says.

It's offensive anyway, but I guess I'm not sure why you're applying it to a guy who is describing a normal relationship.

What should we call your ideal relationship in that case?

An I deal relationship would not be what was described in the joke. The funny part of the joke to me is, that is the way things have gotten turned around in this country and it started with womens LIB. It really is like the joke here with U.S. women. B)

You're afraid that because women have equal rights, we'll try to push men out of everything, and you're afraid your'e not strong enough to fight us off? :lol:

Look around. Women still want men around. I love having a partner to make major decisions with. It's fun debating the merits of moving to different cities together. I was fine making them on my own, but compromising is great, too. You don't have to be scared of post-lib women!

Of course, since you consider us inferior, I can see why you might be scared to see us in positions of power.

I wonder how much the divorce rate has gone up in this country since women's LIB? Of course that has nothing to do with it?

So if there was no womens lib, it would be ok for a woman to stay married to a crack head who beats her on a daily basis and instead of being a good husband cheats every night? wow...your right, its just not fair woman are allowed to use their minds and DIVORCE!

Crack can be smoked by either gender.....of course I have heard of more women here snorting the stuff.
younglove43543.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
Wow, a guy who respects women is "#####-whipped," eh?

I've only ever heard that term used to describe a man with a domineering wife who does everything she says.

It's offensive anyway, but I guess I'm not sure why you're applying it to a guy who is describing a normal relationship.

What should we call your ideal relationship in that case?

An I deal relationship would not be what was described in the joke. The funny part of the joke to me is, that is the way things have gotten turned around in this country and it started with womens LIB. It really is like the joke here with U.S. women. B)

Look around. Women still want men around. I love having a partner to make major decisions with. It's fun debating the merits of moving to different cities together. I was fine making them on my own, but compromising is great, too. You don't have to be scared of post-lib women!

Of course, since you consider us inferior, I can see why you might be scared to see us in positions of power.

I wonder how much the divorce rate has gone up in this country since women's LIB? Of course that has nothing to do with it?

So if there was no womens lib, it would be ok for a woman to stay married to a crack head who beats her on a daily basis and instead of being a good husband cheats every night? wow...your right, its just not fair woman are allowed to use their minds and DIVORCE!

Crack can be smoked by either gender.....of course I have heard of more women here snorting the stuff.

:lol:

i finally realised your the way you are bc of insecurity.

and you were speaking of the divorce rate went up bc of womens lib, therefore blaming women for the divorce rate, therefore you bringing up crack being smoked by either gender is irrelevant...the fact is you cant admit that you prefer women to sit at home and take whatever her husband dishes out night after night, wheather it be love, or a fist in the face.

with that im outta this conversation, men like you make me puke, and men like YOU are the reason the divorce rate is higher. Good luck with your marriage! :thumbs:

Edited by Sinergy

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

The divorce rate has gone up since women's lib, which includes plenty of women who would not have been able to seek a divorce from an abusive man (or vice versa), people who in an earlier age would have been forced to look the other way when the spouse was unfaithful, or people who would have separated and lived miserable lives but not divorced. Many a VJer is on his or her second marriage and is better off for it.

It's up, but it's not necessarily proof of it being a bad thing in all cases.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i thought all liberal women were lesbian democrats :blink:

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Timeline

Well, yes :P

It's not about strength though. What women lack in strength, they make up for in extraordinary sneakiness. :whistle:

Yes, I could tell you some stories about that. Heres one. She got a boyfriend, had him for 2 years without the husband knowing. She ran up credit cards so the husband decided to borrow on the house to pay them and her car off. a week later she gets a restraining order to have him put out and is still seeing boyfriend. she files for a divorce and loans the boyfriend $800. The boyfriend disapeared and changedphone #. The house had been paid for with no mortgage by the husband. She got half the profits from the house that the children loved. She blew that money ,120,000. She now after only a short time begs the X husband to go back with her because she see's how difficult things are gonna be. He was so good to her before, now she cant understand why he doesnt run to her to help her. I am not going to say who the man was in this story but maybe some of these smart ladies can figure it out.
younglove43543.jpg

And fortunately, there are no cases ever of foreign spouses taking the U.S citizen for a ride.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Timeline

Yes, I could tell you some stories about that. Heres one. She got a boyfriend, had him for 2 years without the husband knowing. She ran up credit cards so the husband decided to borrow on the house to pay them and her car off. a week later she gets a restraining order to have him put out and is still seeing boyfriend. she files for a divorce and loans the boyfriend $800. The boyfriend disapeared and changedphone #. The house had been paid for with no mortgage by the husband. She got half the profits from the house that the children loved. She blew that money ,120,000. She now after only a short time begs the X husband to go back with her because she see's how difficult things are gonna be. He was so good to her before, now she cant understand why he doesnt run to her to help her. I am not going to say who the man was in this story but maybe some of these smart ladies can figure it out.

That's not sneaky, that's stupid.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Timeline
The divorce rate has gone up since women's lib, which includes plenty of women who would not have been able to seek a divorce from an abusive man (or vice versa), people who in an earlier age would have been forced to look the other way when the spouse was unfaithful, or people who would have separated and lived miserable lives but not divorced. Many a VJer is on his or her second marriage and is better off for it.

It's up, but it's not necessarily proof of it being a bad thing in all cases.

I would say 50-60% divorce rate is a bad thing......duuuuuuhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!
younglove43543.jpg

Damn women's libbers!!!

You have hairy armpits.

and wear birkenstocks

Did women's libbers make it possible that divorce only involved 1 person or 2? I'm trying to get my head around this one.

Well pull it out of your ###. :D

My head's not in my a$$, my friend. Fortunately, if something were to happen to my husband tomorrow (god forbid) I wouldn't have to hitch my star to some embittered and divorced middle aged doofus in order to pay the bills. Thank you women libbers!

90day.jpg