B'sA

this is for girls with an american fiance

338 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline
Look at the picture of my fiancee. Does she look creepy? NO, she is very sweeeeet. One of the first things that she told me was, The husband is head of the wife like Jesus is head of the church. I guess he would say that is creepy too? I say it is sweet. I am good to her too. Thankyou.

He said, "Yes! That's creepy too!"

I gotta agree. That's even creepier than what you said before.

Your fiancee herself, however, appears to be very lovely, and I wouldn't say otherwise as I don't know her.

But the sentiment? I'm gonna go with "creepy."

I didnt say that she did!
younglove43543.jpg

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Look at the picture of my fiancee. Does she look creepy? NO, she is very sweeeeet. One of the first things that she told me was, The husband is head of the wife like Jesus is head of the church. I guess he would say that is creepy too? I say it is sweet. I am good to her too. Thankyou.

Your fiancee herself, however, appears to be very lovely, and I wouldn't say otherwise as I don't know her.

Huh? Didn't say that she did what?

eta: Oh I get it. I was thrown off by the poor punctuation.

I'm sure she said it. It was a creepy thing she said.

It's not a statement on your wife overall, though.

Edited by Alex+R

You know, I am a strong believer in a parent staying at home to raise the children. I think it's of huge benefit to the children, and, having had a stay-at-home mother, I really appreciate how she was able to spend all afternoon baking and preparing home-cooked meals and had the time to take us for picnics in the parks and to all our afternoon activities.

However, in a capitalist society it becomes increasingly difficult for one parent to be a home-maker. I know that rising taxes, an average house price that is 8 times the average person's wage, and the general cost of living has caused many families here (in the UK) to require both parents to work full-time. It's a case of 'you're screwed if you do, and screwed if you don't' here for many women. If you are fortunate enough to be able to afford to stay at home then you're criticised for being "lazy". You have no idea how many people sneer at my mother! Heaven help you, too, if you decide that you'd like to return to work once your children are at school; you'll find little available to you outside of store work, which doesn't pay well and which brings little respect. If, on the other hand, you continue to work while having children, you also come under some heavy criticism! Now you're "selfish" and "ambitious" and should "never have had kids if you weren't going to have time for them".

I'd like to be able to stay at home when I have children but it's probably not going to be practical. Like many women my age, I'm better qualified than my fiancé and I have more years' work experience under my belt, to boot. Very few men are well-off enough to be able to keep a trophy wife, even if they wanted one! :P Of course, so far as I can see most men would actually prefer their wife to be earning. As the potential higher earner, my fiancé and I have discussed having him stay at home to raise the children, if that would work out to be best for the both of us. He's actually quite keen for this to happen - although I must admit, I'm not so sure myself.

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Rail,

Sometimes you just gotta know when to walk away.

Thanks, I know I have already said too much. Some people can find fault in anything.

Come on now, that's what VJ Off Topic is all about!

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Timeline

You better get your husbands opinion on this too or maybe not, he may find it creepy. Edited by Rail
younglove43543.jpg

Timeline
Rail,

Sometimes you just gotta know when to walk away.

Thanks, I know I have already said too much. Some people can find fault in anything.

Come on now, that's what VJ Off Topic is all about!

Indeed!

Ahem, PS, Rail, you couldn't have actually thought saying a woman's place was to be subordinate to her husband wouldn't get you in trouble...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
The man has a place in the marriage and so does the woman when they get cofused about that is when things get bad.

Ok. You're asking for a Goddess Lynching, aren't you? The VJ Goddesses are angry, my friend... so very very angry.

I'm just laughing because I thougt the 50's were long gone. :yes: I'ts 2008 right ?

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

Timeline
Ah the age old generalizing chauvinist vs. individual American female argument.

It's just so much easier to blame half a country for the fact that you couldn't get laid there than deal with the idea that American women might be (gasp!) differing people!

:o

?

This happens on VJ like once every two months. Some jerks come here and start claiming American women are mean, too career-minded, fat, not interested in family, and bossy.

Then everyone with half a brain argues in opposition. Usually to no avail.

LisaD will be sorely missed for these conversations. :( Lisa! Come back! :cry:

awww :(

i guess i must have overlooked such arguments in the past...i see it going nowhere fast though

and also claiming "they chose foreign wives over american women because foreign wives are more traditional and more submissive'... they'd also be saying that: ""men are the head of the family, the leader of the household so be careful about asking to be treated equal because partnership in marriage will never work. blah-blah.gifblah-blah.gifblah-blah.gif"

does it happen once every 2 months only? how come i had the same kind of amiable and very sweet discussion with 2 male american chauvinist just over a week ago?.. different guys from our good friends here, different way of phrasing the words yet the same contentions...

OH NO! they are not proliferating are they? tap.gif

I got this from a dating web site, I love it!!!!! :thumbs: American men make the best husbands in the world. And nowhere is there a stronger favorable impression of us than from Latin women. Latinas are the fastest growing minority in the U.S. and those Latin women have spread the word back home to both family and friends; American men make great husbands. No other culture treats their wives as well as we do. It is this real perception that places you in high demand. You have earned that reputation; now experience your reward, an exotic Latin wife.

It is common knowledge that Latin American women are faithful, loyal, and devoted wives. There is a reason why Colombia has the lowest divorce rate in the world; their world is centered on the family. Colombian women stay with their first family until marriage and then the tradition continues with their new family. They have been raised to complement, nurture and respect their men.

What part of Colombia are you referring to ? I know plenty of divorced Colombians.

The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
January 12,2011-RFE

Timeline

Get back in the kitchen a bake a damn pie, woman.

I will. Pie is the cornerstone of the shrine I'm building to My Husband. I'll get on it, just as soon as I'm done with this self-flagellation.

I'm punishing myself for fleetingly thinking my opinion was as important as my husband's last week. (Sometimes I get confused about my role.)

I think you have self determined your role. You are a U.S. woman arnt you?
younglove43543.jpg

Timeline
Ah the age old generalizing chauvinist vs. individual American female argument.

It's just so much easier to blame half a country for the fact that you couldn't get laid there than deal with the idea that American women might be (gasp!) differing people!

:o

?

This happens on VJ like once every two months. Some jerks come here and start claiming American women are mean, too career-minded, fat, not interested in family, and bossy.

Then everyone with half a brain argues in opposition. Usually to no avail.

LisaD will be sorely missed for these conversations. :( Lisa! Come back! :cry:

awww :(

i guess i must have overlooked such arguments in the past...i see it going nowhere fast though

and also claiming "they chose foreign wives over american women because foreign wives are more traditional and more submissive'... they'd also be saying that: ""men are the head of the family, the leader of the household so be careful about asking to be treated equal because partnership in marriage will never work. blah-blah.gifblah-blah.gifblah-blah.gif"

does it happen once every 2 months only? how come i had the same kind of amiable and very sweet discussion with 2 male american chauvinist just over a week ago?.. different guys from our good friends here, different way of phrasing the words yet the same contentions...

OH NO! they are not proliferating are they? tap.gif

I got this from a dating web site, I love it!!!!! :thumbs: American men make the best husbands in the world. And nowhere is there a stronger favorable impression of us than from Latin women. Latinas are the fastest growing minority in the U.S. and those Latin women have spread the word back home to both family and friends; American men make great husbands. No other culture treats their wives as well as we do. It is this real perception that places you in high demand. You have earned that reputation; now experience your reward, an exotic Latin wife.

It is common knowledge that Latin American women are faithful, loyal, and devoted wives. There is a reason why Colombia has the lowest divorce rate in the world; their world is centered on the family. Colombian women stay with their first family until marriage and then the tradition continues with their new family. They have been raised to complement, nurture and respect their men.

What part of Colombia are you referring to ? I know plenty of divorced Colombians.As a matter of fact my best friend is trying to divorce his wife now but she keeps playing games to try to get a reconciliation.

January 12,2011-RFE

Timeline

You better get your husbands opinion on this too or maybe not, he may find it creepy.

:lol: Yup. He does.

You talk about your wife like a "good dog": you treat her well, and in return, she recognizes that you're the master. Not all men are looking to adopt a woman for a pet. Some are comfortable enough in their masculinity to not feel threatened by having an equal partner.

Timeline
Does anyone notice all the hostility is coming form U.S. women. :help:

Not US women -- women. Most of the people who post here most regularly are American, Canadian or British. But you saw above that Nessa, a Latin American, expressed the same views I have. I believe Panamania grew up in a Latin American family (could be remembering wrong though). Educated women tend to enjoy their individuality and demand to be treated as equals. I know... sucks, right?