B'sA

this is for girls with an american fiance

338 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline
I hope for your sake,your Tica never becomes Americanized.

I'm sure she will to a point, that's inevitable. And we'll adjust to that when it happens.

btw, have any men responded to this? It sounds like it's all women (mostly American I think). :lol:

I did and I got ###### slapped for it. :wacko:
younglove43543.jpg

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree. The women in the U.S. are power hungry. A U.S. man matches up perfectly with a foreighn woman. They have been raised to compement each other.
Sorry I meant COMPLIMENT.
Actually, you mean complement. :P Although it's perfectly possible for you to pay compliments to each other, too.

I find it very sad that you should actually believe what you've written; I may not be American but I know some lovely American women. Are your mothers, sisters and daughters also all power-hungry and control bitches or are they mysteriously exempt?

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Ah the age old generalizing chauvinist vs. individual American female argument.

It's just so much easier to blame half a country for the fact that you couldn't get laid there than deal with the idea that American women might be (gasp!) differing people!

:o

?

This happens on VJ like once every two months. Some jerks come here and start claiming American women are mean, too career-minded, fat, not interested in family, and bossy.

Then everyone with half a brain argues in opposition. Usually to no avail.

LisaD will be sorely missed for these conversations. :( Lisa! Come back! :cry:

awww :(

i guess i must have overlooked such arguments in the past...i see it going nowhere fast though

and also claiming "they chose foreign wives over american women because foreign wives are more traditional and more submissive'... they'd also be saying that: ""men are the head of the family, the leader of the household so be careful about asking to be treated equal because partnership in marriage will never work. blah-blah.gifblah-blah.gifblah-blah.gif"

does it happen once every 2 months only? how come i had the same kind of amiable and very sweet discussion with 2 male american chauvinist just over a week ago?.. different guys from our good friends here, different way of phrasing the words yet the same contentions...

OH NO! they are not proliferating are they? tap.gif

Edited by dbears

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
blah-blah.gifblah-blah.gifblah-blah.gifblah-blah.gifblah-blah.gifblah-blah.gifblah-blah.gifblah-blah.gifblah-blah.gifblah-blah.gif

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Also, the idea that American women are jealous of men who have foreign brides is patently ridiculous. Newsflash, guys. You're not that hot of a commodity that we can feel your hotness radiating over the Internet. Seriously. We don't want to marry you.

(The fact that there are plenty of American couples in traditional marriages we will leave as a topic for another time.)

I've had more than my fair share of encounters with American women -- some bad; some good -- but now that I'm married to a Canadian woman, I'd really have to ask: why would any American woman really care? At best I'd be "off-limits" (as my wife likes to say) and at worst, the majority of American women probably wouldn't even know who I am.

Perhaps one reason the whole "American women are jealous of American men looking at foreign women" idea tend to remain "valid" among some people is because women make up about 52% of the population in the United States. So men have a numerical advantage here, supposedly giving them an easier time dating and finding women. The opposite would be true for women. Therefore, if American men are looking overseas for their brides and not domestically, that cuts off even more potential mates.

Just for the record, I don't really believe in the above theory. I don't think it matters to most American women. I'm sure the average American woman doesn't give much thought to foreigners (and the men who may marry them). Maybe that's sad in some way, but probably true. All in all, I doubt there's very much jealousy going on regarding this issue -- unless, of course, a foreign woman "stole" a guy from an American woman, but that could easily work in reverse too.

I think it's just a useless self-justification, to be honest. The number of men looking overseas isn't all that high such that millions of American women are left without a husband. And the guys arguing that they needed a submissive bride because American girls are fat, plus if they divorce her she won't get their money aren't really the idea of a great catch.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Timeline
Ah the age old generalizing chauvinist vs. individual American female argument.

It's just so much easier to blame half a country for the fact that you couldn't get laid there than deal with the idea that American women might be (gasp!) differing people!

:o

?

This happens on VJ like once every two months. Some jerks come here and start claiming American women are mean, too career-minded, fat, not interested in family, and bossy.

Then everyone with half a brain argues in opposition. Usually to no avail.

LisaD will be sorely missed for these conversations. :( Lisa! Come back! :cry:

awww :(

i guess i must have overlooked such arguments in the past...i see it going nowhere fast though

and also claiming "they chose foreign wives over american women because foreign wives are more traditional and more submissive'... they'd also be saying that: ""men are the head of the family, the leader of the household so be careful about asking to be treated equal because partnership in marriage will never work. blah-blah.gifblah-blah.gifblah-blah.gif"

does it happen once every 2 months only? how come i had the same kind of amiable and very sweet discussion with 2 male american chauvinist just over a week ago?.. different guys from our good friends here, different way of phrasing the words yet the same contentions...

OH NO! they are not proliferating are they? tap.gif

I got this from a dating web site, I love it!!!!! :thumbs: American men make the best husbands in the world. And nowhere is there a stronger favorable impression of us than from Latin women. Latinas are the fastest growing minority in the U.S. and those Latin women have spread the word back home to both family and friends; American men make great husbands. No other culture treats their wives as well as we do. It is this real perception that places you in high demand. You have earned that reputation; now experience your reward, an exotic Latin wife.

It is common knowledge that Latin American women are faithful, loyal, and devoted wives. There is a reason why Colombia has the lowest divorce rate in the world; their world is centered on the family. Colombian women stay with their first family until marriage and then the tradition continues with their new family. They have been raised to complement, nurture and respect their men.

younglove43543.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I got this from a dating web site, I love it!!!!! good.gif American men make the best husbands in the world. And nowhere is there a stronger favorable impression of us than from Latin women. Latinas are the fastest growing minority in the U.S. and those Latin women have spread the word back home to both family and friends; American men make great husbands. No other culture treats their wives as well as we do. It is this real perception that places you in high demand. You have earned that reputation; now experience your reward, an exotic Latin wife.

It is common knowledge that Latin American women are faithful, loyal, and devoted wives. There is a reason why Colombia has the lowest divorce rate in the world; their world is centered on the family. Colombian women stay with their first family until marriage and then the tradition continues with their new family. They have been raised to complement, nurture and respect their men.

I read this aloud to my Latin American husband, who said: "That's fcuking creepy."

:lol:

Agreed.

I guess they bank on the men who read that not knowing much about the rest of the world and being wide open to believe blanket stereotypes. There must be a lot of suckers in the world who fall for their website or they wouldn't be in business...

Timeline

Look at the picture of my fiancee. Does she look creepy? NO, she is very sweeeeet. One of the first things that she told me was, The husband is head of the wife like Jesus is head of the church. I guess he would say that is creepy too? I say it is sweet. I am good to her too. Thankyou.

younglove43543.jpg

Timeline
Look at the picture of my fiancee. Does she look creepy? NO, she is very sweeeeet. One of the first things that she told me was, The husband is head of the wife like Jesus is head of the church. I guess he would say that is creepy too? I say it is sweet. I am good to her too. Thankyou.

He said, "Yes! That's creepy too!"

I gotta agree. That's even creepier than what you said before.

Your fiancee herself, however, appears to be very lovely, and I wouldn't say otherwise as I don't know her.

But the sentiment? I'm gonna go with "creepy."

Filed: Timeline
The man has a place in the marriage and so does the woman when they get cofused about that is when things get bad.

Ok. You're asking for a Goddess Lynching, aren't you? The VJ Goddesses are angry, my friend... so very very angry.

Edited by VJ Troll

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Your fiancee herself, however, appears to be very lovely, and I wouldn't say otherwise as I don't know her.

Get back in the kitchen a bake a damn pie, woman.

The man has a place in the marriage and so does the woman when they get cofused about that is when things get bad.

Ok. You're asking for a Goddess Lynching, aren't you? The VJ Goddesses are angry, my friend... so very very angry.

Yeah! And some of them have been drinking Old-Fashioneds since nine o' clock last night.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Timeline

Get back in the kitchen a bake a damn pie, woman.

I will. Pie is the cornerstone of the shrine I'm building to My Husband. I'll get on it, just as soon as I'm done with this self-flagellation.

I'm punishing myself for fleetingly thinking my opinion was as important as my husband's last week. (Sometimes I get confused about my role.)