B'sA

this is for girls with an american fiance

338 posts in this topic

Girls,I need to vent now!

If any of you have had a similar situation, please share!

I'm talking about how we get judged by people who don't really know us, but have the feeling we're hunting.

I spent a hole summer with my fiance and i got really close to some of his friends and his family really likes me, but there is people who are trying to make him think that getting married to me is a mistake. He don't give a s.....t on all those"advisers", but that is pissing me off.

And i wonder is it a hole life i'm going to be disrespected by b...ches who are going to think i'm week for not having attitude with my husbend,i'm week if i'm not acting like a b...ch? :devil:

have you been disrespected like this ever? How do you handle.

I mean, as long as i don't meet these certain persons i'm cool, but it's enough to remember about them and i get all irritated.

That's not fare.

.png

UURI.jpg

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Honestly, I wouldn't let these "advisors" bother you. All you need to worry about is how your fiance feels -- and it seems like he doesn't give a ####### what they think. Why give them that kind of control over your emotions? Not worth your time :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I agree. Don't waste your energy.

Most people you meet will not be so arrogant...or ignorant. The ones that are obviously have their own demons to deal with.

Best of luck to you

timeline.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Africa
Timeline

I'm talking about how we get judged by people who don't really know us, but have the feeling we're hunting.

I spent a hole summer with my fiance and i got really close to some of his friends and his family really likes me, but there is people who are trying to make him think that getting married to me is a mistake. He don't give a s.....t on all those"advisers", but that is pissing me off.

And i wonder is it a hole life i'm going to be disrespected by b...ches who are going to think i'm week for not having attitude with my husbend,i'm week if i'm not acting like a b...ch? :devil:

I mean, as long as i don't meet these certain persons i'm cool, but it's enough to remember about them and i get all irritated.

That's not fare.

HOW ABOUT A GIRL WITH A SOUTH AFRICAN FIANCEE, all I hear from my now EX FRIENDS, is that he only wants to marry you to get his GREEN CARD...You are giving him the gift of the UNITED STAES..........I can not stand it any longer, I left New York in November and I am waiting in South Africa with him till the K1 visa goes thru and I will never speak to those so called friends, even one girl was going to be my Maid of Honor....... People are just rotten all over and you have to just forget about them and go on with your life...Good Luck and Best wishes

Terry

HOW ABOUT A GIRL WITH A SOUTH AFRICAN FIANCEE, all I hear from my now EX FRIENDS, is that he only wants to marry you to get his GREEN CARD...You are giving him the gift of the UNITED STAES..........I can not stand it any longer, I left New York in November and I am waiting in South Africa with him till the K1 visa goes thru and I will never speak to those so called friends, even one girl was going to be my Maid of Honor....... People are just rotten all over and you have to just forget about them and go on with your life...Good Luck and Best wishes

Terry

Thanks for sharing!

I'm sorry, that's just sad...when people think they know it all.

Much luck to you too.

.png

UURI.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Speaking as an American male marrying a "Russian bride," lemme tell ya a few things about being judged. :)

Seriously though, it's water off a duck's back. You said your fiance doesn't let it bother him...I'd follow his lead. Whoever is judging you, it's their problem. It's not your problem. Enjoy your life with your fiance.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

people are just people everywhere in the world. one person will agree and one wont. its just that way. nothing u can do about it except live ur live and be happy and not care what they think. some people are just closed minded and others open.

it happens everywhere. even when i was engaged to my husband my mother in law found me beautiful...his sister told him im not beautiful enough for him. 2 people 2 different opinions. just the way it is. do i care his sister didnt find me beautiful...no. i got my prize anyway and thats what matters.

The only opinions and thoughts that matter are the two of yours. I'm the USC and I've caught flack from extended family and friends. I don't sweat it. He and I are happy and what everyone else thinks really doesn't weigh into our daily lives.

Some people don't know how to be anything other than a critic, judge, commentator, etc. Focus on the two of you, not all the other opinions floating around!

K1

01/31/2008: Sent I-129F to VSC

02/05/2008: NOA1

03/19/2008: NOA2 (48 days)

05/13/2008: Interview (103 days) APPROVED!!!!

05/23/2008: Visa In Hand

05/25/2008: Stephen's Flight to USA Coming home with me!!!!

06/20/2008: Civil Wedding

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

07/07/2008: Filed AOS, EAD & AP

07/14/2008: NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP

08/15/2008: Biometrics

09/05/2008: EAD & AP (60 days) APPROVED!!!!

09/11/2008: AP arrived in the mail

09/13/2008: EAD arrived in the mail

09/20/2008: Family Wedding Ahhh, finally the stress is over!

09/22/2008: AOS Interview Appointment Letter

11/04/2008: AOS Interview (10AM) APPROVED!!!!

11/14/2008: GreenCard Received

03/28/2009: Connor (our son) arrived into the world at 10:00PM

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

09/27/2010: I-751 packet mailed to VSC

09/29/2010: NOA1 received

12/03/2010: Biometrics

01/24/2011: Approval E-mail Received 01/26, 9:30AM (120 days) APPROVED!!!!

01/28/2011: GreedCard Received

"And ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation." ~Kahlil Gibran

There are definitly always those that are stupid enough and arrogant enough to feel they are entitled to make judgments on others lives without knowing the situation. It seems like that is especially true when it comes to international relationships. True, there are those that take advantage of the situation (both USC and the foreign spouse) and we do have a lot more on the line when marrying than a lot of couples, so I would expect close friends and family to be a bit concerned until they get to know the SO and the relationship, but I honestly don't know why so many outsiders feel the need to butt in. Thankfully, there are lots of people in the US that are willing to get to know you before they judge, so just try to find those people and avoid the nosey, irritating arrogant self-rightous individuals who feel they know you and your relationship better than you do.

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

When Eric and I first started talking and metting up, a few girls that liked him, would tell him that I was only using him to become an American. He obviously didn't believe them and I really think it is funny. Whyyyy would I use someone to get my Green Card?!?! I lovee my family, friends and life in Canada. Metting Eric and falling in love with him was nottt what I ever thought would happen. (But I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy that it did) I just don't let their comments bother me.

So, really I say forget those people who have nothing good to say. :D

That's not fare.

I understand where you are coming from. I have not experienced the same but too many of my fellow K1 applicants have gone through the same judgment and interpretation. Well, you don't owe them any explanation, as long as your fiance loves you and supports you all through out. Just my 2 cent advise, just shrug it off, at the end of the day its you that is being held by your fiance not them :yes::yes::yes: most of the time, people throw stones to trees filled with fruits, same thing with us...we are luckier and happier so others who are miserable with their own demons want a company...cheer up, there are so much more to enjoy with your fiance!!!

Married 05-23-08

AOS/EAD/AP:

6/19/08 : Sent package to Chicago lockbox thru fedex

6/24/08 : NOA1

6/30/08 : Biometrics Appointment Notice

7/21/08 : AOS transferred to CSC

7/23/08 : Biometrics Appointment

8/18/08 : EAD card production ordered!!!

8/18/08 : AP document approved!

8/26/08 : AP received in the mail

8/27/08 : EAD card received in the mail!

9/25/08 : Greencard production ordered!!!

9/29/08 : GC received!!!

Removing of Conditions:

7/21/10 : Application to Lift Conditions on Permanent Residency

09/30/10: Notice of Action

10/04/10: Biometrics Appointment

10/18/10: Approval

10/25/10: 10-year GC received

Naturalization:

03/07/12: Application for Naturalization

03/09/12: Notice of Action

04/16/12: Biometrics Appointment

06/08/12: Testing and Intervview - passed!

09/26/12: OATH TAKING CEREMONY - Today I become a US Citizen

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline

That's not fare.

Advisors,as you call them will be around no matter what.I had my family,friends,and my fiance's nosy 2-faced family.I just decided to ignore them all and everything is okay now.You should do the same.

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

I think everyone on VJ can somehow relate to this, and its probably because our relationships are international. Why in this day & age, is it a shock that you are dating or going to marry someone from a different country is beyond my comprehension. There are some GC scams, and they automatically think you could be at risk for the same. To me its a load of ####### :)

Try to ignore those negative people, get them out of your life, and focus on the positive, you & your fiance. :luv:

12140.gif

Yes, I agree with what you said. I am an American man, and I have a foreign fiancee and we are doing the K-1 visa. I know she feels uncomfortable that people think of her as a gold digger, and that she's using me to come to the US, which couldn't be any further from the truth. Nobody has, or will in the future, disrespect her in front of me, because they know how I'll react, but I know they talk behind our backs.

American women don't like foreign women actually treating a man with respect and being good wives. They put tgem down for it. They don't want men to know what it's like to have an respectful wife. They want to be able to control men and be bitches and have all the power. Pay not attention to it, they're just angry and jealous that an American man would choose a foreigner over them.

...... most of the time, people throw stones to trees filled with fruits....

...well said, I couldn't agree more! :thumbs:

07-25-07 petition sent

08-07-07 NOA1

01-23-08 NOA2, 182 days after filing

02-11-08 medical

03-04-08 interview in Frankfurt---approved!

03-11-8 Visa in hand --- what a heck of a procedure for this little sticker ;-)

06-16-08 flight to IAD

07-11-08 Wedding in Santa Barbara, CA

08-07-8 AOS package sent

08-10-08 AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox

08-14-08 check cashed

08-13-08 NOA1 for EAD,AP,AOS

09-03-08 Biometrics appointment

10-02-08 Case transferred to CSC

10-16-08 EAD and AP approved

01-26-09 AOS approved w/o interview

01-31-09 PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECEIVED

02-11-11 Biometric Appointment for Removing of Conditions