sarahaziz

American's view on Islam

211 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

"Not all people who smoke marijuana are druggies, some people do it to help ease the pain of diseases that will never be cured."

I totally agree with this.

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

first of all my 2 cents.

what is the purpose of all these virgins in heaven? first u will have a spiritual body there not a human body. spiritual bodies do not require the same as the human one. they are not needed for reproduction because we will no be reproducing in heaven so whats the need for all these virgins? there will be no need for all these virgins running around trying to please man. everything in heaven is paradise so these kinds of things are not going to be needed by a spiritual body.

u will always be whole in heaven. if u have lost an arm or leg on earth it will be there when u get there, why because everything will be perfect again. so that says everyone will be a virgin and always be a virgin because everything will be perfect.

now that brings me to why the heck would u think u would get all these virgins in heaven when God doesnt even like adultry on earth. if islam only allows 4 wives on earth why would he allow all these woman per man in heaven. in heaven these maidens would not even be wives...so wouldnt that be a huge sin? ur not supose to sin on earth and have sex with the woman ur not married to but its going to be ok in heaven.

i cant believe anyone would ever believe this is ok and can follow a religion who wants u to beleive its ok.

there are definitely some people here with MAJOR learning gaps when it comes to understanding exactly what the pleasures of afterlife entail in islam. and again, completely pointless and relative to use one's own belief system as some kind of proof or evidence that someone else's is wrong. rather, it just comes across as defensive and insecure.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

If we're talking weird, Revelation says the city of God only has room for 144,000 people. Guess where you're all going. ;)

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
If we're talking weird, Revelation says the city of God only has room for 144,000 people. Guess where you're all going.

:thumbs::devil:

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
If we're talking weird, Revelation says the city of God only has room for 144,000 people. Guess where you're all going. ;)

Not necessarily anywhere :) It says 144,000 of the Jews will be sealed, and then goes on to discuss many things, including gentiles and other believers. The Bible also gives the borders of Israel of that time and then makes it clear believers will live out from Israel as well and will come to Jerusalem during the feast of Sukkot and bring their harvests. Ezekiel, Isaiah, Revelation, etc all speak about the millennial kingdom and who will occupy it, how people will live, and go on with their lives although the basic goal will be changed in a sense-- as will the timeline. !44,000 is not the concrete and finite number of the kingdom, but is only the number mentioned for the Jews, 12,000 from each tribe. Matt 25:31-46 and Zechariah 12:10 discuss those that live on and their children in here: Genesis 15:2-6; Habakkuk 2:4; Romans 3:20. General information is here: Isaiah 2:2-4; Zechariah 14:8-21; Ezekiel 34:17-24; Daniel 7:13-14; Micah 4:1-5, and of course Revelation in its entirety (second coming is here: 19:11-16).

Ha! And just by chance, Jehovah's Witnesses just came, but they were looking for Spanish-speaking people they told me (in perfect English) and did not want to tlak to me. How's that for a first? JW not wanting to talk to someone?? I told them I would be happy to talk to them about Yeshua, but they backed away and fell over themselves to run.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline
Ha! And just by chance, Jehovah's Witnesses just came, but they were looking for Spanish-speaking people they told me (in perfect English) and did not want to tlak to me. How's that for a first? JW not wanting to talk to someone?? I told them I would be happy to talk to them about Yeshua, but they backed away and fell over themselves to run.

:P

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

And the last time you studied or even remotely read the Scriptures was when?? :wacko:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

haha that is too funny......... :whistle::yes::thumbs:

Not necessarily anywhere :) It says 144,000 of the Jews will be sealed, and then goes on to discuss many things, including gentiles and other believers. The Bible also gives the borders of Israel of that time and then makes it clear believers will live out from Israel as well and will come to Jerusalem during the feast of Sukkot and bring their harvests. Ezekiel, Isaiah, Revelation, etc all speak about the millennial kingdom and who will occupy it, how people will live, and go on with their lives although the basic goal will be changed in a sense-- as will the timeline. !44,000 is not the concrete and finite number of the kingdom, but is only the number mentioned for the Jews, 12,000 from each tribe. Matt 25:31-46 and Zechariah 12:10 discuss those that live on and their children in here: Genesis 15:2-6; Habakkuk 2:4; Romans 3:20. General information is here: Isaiah 2:2-4; Zechariah 14:8-21; Ezekiel 34:17-24; Daniel 7:13-14; Micah 4:1-5, and of course Revelation in its entirety (second coming is here: 19:11-16).

Still, only 12,000 per tribe? 6 million murdered in the Holocaust. Are they all living in the suburbs of the city of God? ;) What's the commute like?

It should be obvious that I was speaking a little tongue-in-cheek.

My point is that if we read one line in any religion's text, we can form a weird picture of what the religion believes. "Paradise means you get 40 virgins" is about as simplistic as "Only 144,000 Jews get to go to heaven"; if we correctly assume that the latter picture is too simplistic, why can we not do the same for the former instead of saying 'lol you can't have sex with a spiritual body', or wondering whether the supply of virgins is replenished (they don't last!)

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
My point is that if we read one line in any religion's text, we can form a weird picture of what the religion believes. "Paradise means you get 40 virgins" is about as simplistic as "Only 144,000 Jews get to go to heaven"; if we correctly assume that the latter picture is too simplistic, why can we not do the same for the former instead of saying 'lol you can't have sex with a spiritual body', or wondering whether the supply of virgins is replenished (they don't last!)

Well expect one, although simplistic, is true under the right conditions (that you're male, Muslim, etc). The other is not true under any conditions (if we're talking about what has text backing as far as Qu'ran, Ahadaeeth, Bible). That was my problem with your analogy :)

They just expect a more or less continuation of corporeal life like the pagans did where the impermissable is now permissable (like drinking alcohol), childbirth has no pain and no pregnancy period like on earth, etc. It's just a different view altogether and not based on anything except their own hadeeth and Qu'ran (nothing from the Bible since it totally contradicts anything in there-- but that is all they need as authority is the Qu'ran and Ahadeeth), and bears striking similarity to pagan views of heaven (if not exact replica). It's what they choose to believe and I don't see much point in debating it either (like in the posts before yours :) ) as what (I believe it was WOM? Who was spot on with this!!!) was said is that you cannot use your texts to disprove someone else's religious texts. So! When we die (or maybe sooner) the ideas will either be supported or refuted. No big deal (unless you figure out you're wrong and there are negative consequences associated with being wrong!).

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline

I have read the bible 5 times all the way through, and let me tell you that book is WOW!! I have studied religion in college, and it all comes down to faith. Too many unanswered questions, too many contradictions, it just doesn't make sense to me.

Here are a few of the questions I wonder about:

Why won't God heal amputees?

For this experiment, we need to find a deserving person who has had both of his legs amputated. For example, find a sincere, devout veteran of the Iraqi war, or a person who was involved in a tragic automobile accident. If possible, get millions of people all over the planet to join the prayer circle and pray their most fervent prayers. Get millions of people praying in unison for a single miracle for this one deserving amputee. Then stand back and watch.

What is going to happen? Jesus clearly says that if you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. He does not say it once -- he says it many times in many ways in the Bible.

And yet, even with millions of people praying, nothing will happen.

No matter how many people pray. No matter how sincere those people are. No matter how much they believe. No matter how devout and deserving the recipient. Nothing will happen. The legs will not regenerate. Prayer does not restore the severed limbs of amputees. You can electronically search through all the medical journals ever written -- there is no documented case of an amputated leg being restored spontaneously. And we know that God ignores the prayers of amputees through our own observations of the world around us. If God were answering the prayers of amputees to regenerate their lost limbs, we would be seeing amputated legs growing back every day. Isn't that odd? The situation becomes even more peculiar when you look at who God is. According to the Standard Model of God:

* God is all-powerful. Therefore, God can do anything, and regenerating a leg is trivial.

* God is perfect, and he created the Bible, which is his perfect book. In the Bible, Jesus makes very specific statements about the power of prayer. Since Jesus is God, and God and the Bible are perfect, those statements should be true and accurate.

* God is all-knowing and all-loving. He certainly knows about the plight of the amputee, and he loves this amputee very much.

* God is ready and willing to answer your prayers no matter how big or small. All that you have to do is believe. He says it in multiple places in the Bible. Surely, with millions of people in the prayer circle, at least one of them will believe and the prayer will be answered.

* God has no reason to discriminate against amputees. If he is answering millions of other prayers , God should be answering the prayers of amputees too.

Nonetheless, the amputated legs are not going to regenerate.

What are we seeing here? It is not that God sometimes answers the prayers of amputees, and sometimes does not. Instead, in this situation there is a very clear line. God never answers the prayers of amputees. It would appear, to an unbiased observer, that God is singling out amputees and purposefully ignoring them.

Just a thought I have, always wondered since I was young. Seems unfair really.

Does God answer prayers? If so, then how do we explain this disconnection between God and amputees? What should we do with the piece of empirical data that amputees represent? We need to somehow explain why God would answer millions of prayers on earth, yet completely ignore prayers for amputated limbs.

Why??????????????????? :blink:

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Timeline

This is just funny, don't watch if you are offended by bad language, I was just really depressed and when that happens I try to laugh about the world around us. These two people are my fav's comics, and they just crack me up. So here is some of their opinions on religion, too funny. Remember this is just for fun, just to make some of you have a laugh for the day. Please don't take it personally, really it was just to share some of my fav comics and their way of explaining religion.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

It was a joke, but, I personally don't think marijuana is a dangerous drug. Most people are hooked on drugs, and they get them right from the doctor. I have multiple sclerosis, and also am a type one diabetic. Yes two incurable illness, when my little girl was only 7, I was doing interferon, which is a type of chemo. It was experimental and I had to do something, because I was dying at this point. Yes I smoke marijuana once in a while, not now, but it did help when I have to do chemo. When my MS gets out of control, like I can’t walk, than they can’t give me steroids, because of my type one diabetes. I have been given so many different drugs, some so powerful that it almost killed me a couple of times. So I see things just a little different in that area. Not all people who smoke marijuana are druggies, some people do it to help ease the pain of diseases that will never be cured.

I'm sorry hun I apologize, i took it in another light. God with you

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

Timeline

No problem, I hate to talk about my illness, I pretend them away as much as possible. I totally understand.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.