visaveteran1

Comments on the K-3 Situation

172 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Pushbrk & Lurking,

Do you really mean to say that if I reach the automated attendant at NVC 603.334.0700

and hit

x1 for english

x1 for immig visa

x1 for uscis

x4 for wac

x1 to confirm wac

08xxxxxxxx (eg 129F USCIS Case Number after WAC)

x1 to confirm correct

That the automated system will not provide any information & that I actually have to speak to a live person? All I want to know is whether they've received the petition or not.

Has anyone else recently obtained case status from NVC? Can you please confirm how you did this?

Thanks,

Brian

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Pushbrk & Lurking,

Do you really mean to say that if I reach the automated attendant at NVC 603.334.0700

and hit

x1 for english

x1 for immig visa

x1 for uscis

x4 for wac

x1 to confirm wac

x1 to confirm correct

That the automated system will not provide any information & that I actually have to speak to a live person? All I want to know is whether they've received the petition or not.

Has anyone else recently obtained case status from NVC? Can you please confirm how you did this?

Thanks,

Brian

Yes, for K3 because it is not an immigrant visa. That will work for your I-130 case though.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

HEllo K32007,

You sould like me K32007. I love to get answers automated or online. NVC has Customer service rep to do just that anwer question. Feel comfortable calling them. Getting the NVC information on your K3 will be helpful to you and US.

You will know when your case is sent to the Embassy. You are almost done. Thank God!

Missy

Pushbrk & Lurking,

and hit

x1 for english

x1 for immig visa

x1 for uscis

x4 for wac

x1 to confirm wac

x1 to confirm correct

Thanks,

Brian

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
HEllo K32007,

You sould like me K32007. I love to get answers automated or online. NVC has Customer service rep to do just that anwer question. Feel comfortable calling them. Getting the NVC information on your K3 will be helpful to you and US.

You will know when your case is sent to the Embassy. You are almost done. Thank God!

Missy

Pushbrk & Lurking,

and hit

x1 for english

x1 for immig visa

x1 for uscis

x4 for wac

x1 to confirm wac

x1 to confirm correct

Thanks,

Brian

Lurking, you said ANYONE CAN REOPEN THEIR 129F PETITION and THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS ADMINISTRATIVELY CLOSED PETITIONS. OK, I again ask you to tell us how we can reopen our 129F petitions. Please be specific and walk us through the steps to reopen our petitions. Those of us already at the NVC with our approved I-130 petitions are waiting anxiously to hear how we can tell the USCIS that they MUST reopen our cases.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does it make sense that both petitions should arrive at NVC at the same time?

In other words calling the automated system to check on your I-130 then calling back and talking to a real person once they have it to check on your K-3?

Just seems to make sense so I won't be hanging around on hold all the time.

Timeline
Does it make sense that both petitions should arrive at NVC at the same time?

In other words calling the automated system to check on your I-130 then calling back and talking to a real person once they have it to check on your K-3?

Just seems to make sense so I won't be hanging around on hold all the time.

Yes...the automated phone system is for I-130 information (immigrant petition). You must talk to a live operator for information about the 129F (non immigrant petition). In theory, the I-130 will be held by the NVC and they will go forward with the 129F...but things have not necessarily followed normal processing for a long time. So, call the NVC operator for updates on the I-129F and, of course, the operator can also tell you about your I-130 as well because the automated system can't answer all your questions regarding the 130.

Again, in theory, the 129F should be in and out of the NVC in a matter of days to a couple weeks once it arrives at the NVC.

Timeline
thanks I already knew that

you didn't answer my question

Oh ok...excuse me. Well that question would be better answered by others with paired-up and recently approved petitions. My K-3 was closed out...even though Lurking says that's not possible. I'm still waiting for her to tell me how to reopen my K-3. She seems to not have an answer for me.

Good luck.

Timeline

Hi guys,

Our 130 and 129-F were both approved March 18, 2008.. However, my husband and me wants the K3 to pursue.. Is it automatically we will be in K3 or we still need to do something for us to continue the K3?

Thank you..

Shape.

Nope, you just sit tight and wait for the I-129F NOA2...could be 6 months from THEIR received date (of your I-129F) before that happens...it's a gamble but your choice to make....that means June then NVC then Consulate...not sure how fast things move there at your Consulate...possibly check others from the Phillipines that have gone ONLY the I-130 or I-129F and see what their timelines are. I bet it's faster to go with I-130 but do the homework...

jen

effective May 13, 2011 - back in Canada, journey is over

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
thanks I already knew that

you didn't answer my question

Don't count on the petitions arriving together.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

We have 129-F NOA2 already, as well as 130 NOA2.

Nope, you just sit tight and wait for the I-129F NOA2...could be 6 months from THEIR received date (of your I-129F) before that happens...it's a gamble but your choice to make....that means June then NVC then Consulate...not sure how fast things move there at your Consulate...possibly check others from the Phillipines that have gone ONLY the I-130 or I-129F and see what their timelines are. I bet it's faster to go with I-130 but do the homework...

jen

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

jen

What does it say on your NOA2?

Does it say on your I-130 approval that they'll forward it to NVC opr does it say that they'll hold it?

Timeline

It was sent to NVC via dhl.

jen

What does it say on your NOA2?

Does it say on your I-130 approval that they'll forward it to NVC opr does it say that they'll hold it?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.