visaveteran1

Comments on the K-3 Situation

172 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

So here is a thought, and a question at the same time...

Isn't it better that the K3 get cancelled, if they are taking approx the same time to process? The K3 may shave a few weeks off getting your spouse here, but doesn't the K3 require that you jump through a bunch of administrative hoops (AOS, etc) that are taken care of with the I-130? I may not understand the K3 correctly. But for those who are wanting USCIS to reopen the K3, I think you might not like it if they did. It seems you would only be prolonging your USCIS-suffering.

If I'm wrong, please clarify for me.

View our personal blog

Our timeline:

2007-06-25 Married in Brazil

I-130

2007-07-16 Filed I-130 with Nebraska

2007-07-27 NOA1 received

2007-07-28 Touched; no idea why..

2008-01-29 thru 02-01,03 Touched

2008-02-05 Called RFE line, was told my app is on HOLD because I CALLED TOO MUCH!!!!

2008-02-13 my app was assigned to an adjudicator

2008-02-19,20,25,26 Touched

2008-03-04 Congressman called; USCIS called him and told him my cases were being processed any day now... SERÁ??

2008-03-04,05,10,11,12,13,14,17,18 Touched

2008-03-28 Received RFE, dated the 18th (delayed 10 days to receive)

2008-04-08 Sent requested evidence

2008-04-11,13,14 Touched

2008-04-21 RECEIVED NOA2 APPROVAL!!! (Date shows 4-14)

I-129

2007-09-19 Filed I-129F/K3; sent directly to CSC

2007-09-21 NOA1 received

2007-09-25 Touched: Filing fee waived

2008-01-30 thru 02-01,03,04,05,10,11,13,14 Touched

2008-04-14 Touched

2008-04-21 RECEIVED NOA2 APPROVAL!!! (Date shows 4-14)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Isn't it better that the K3 get cancelled, if they are taking approx the same time to process? The K3 may shave a few weeks off getting your spouse here, but doesn't the K3 require that you jump through a bunch of administrative hoops (AOS, etc) that are taken care of with the I-130? I may not understand the K3 correctly. But for those who are wanting USCIS to reopen the K3, I think you might not like it if they did. It seems you would only be prolonging your USCIS-suffering.

It really depends on what country the spouse is coming from. For us we would wait about 1 month for a K3 interview (as it would happen in Vancouver) or wait about 6 months for an IR1/CR1 (I-130) interview (as that kind are only booked in Montreal). So, for some of us, going with the I-130 would add a huge delay in being with our loved one. We continue to pray for a K-3!

N-400 Citizenship

Sept. 13, 2011 N-400 sent to Phoenix Lockbox

Sept. 20, 2011 Check cashed

Sept. 23, 2011 NOA rec'd for N-400

Oct. 17, 2011 Biometrics appointment

Nov. 29, 2011 Interview - PASSED! 3yr anniversary not until 12/09/11

Dec. 13, 2011 Status update received "Oath Scheduled"

Dec. 15, 2011 Letter received with Oath date

Dec. 27, 2011 OATH! US Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Yes thank you Elbereth. That is exactly what I needed.

Well not right now, but next month I will.

Do you think that if we massively sent CIS Ombudsman that form requesting that our K3s are kept, maybe they'll force USCIS to process them?

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Timeline

have-you-filed.gif

yes.gif

no.gif

Where is my case was administratively closed?

per USCIS Administrative closing of a case does not result in a final order. It is merely an administrative convenience which allows the removal of cases from the calendar in appropriate situations.

Edited by Lurking

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
Do you think that if we massively sent CIS Ombudsman that form requesting that our K3s are kept, maybe they'll force USCIS to process them?

I tried this, lets see what happens, they advised me that USCIS has 45 days to response to me, but nothing about anything else.... :(

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

Timeline

Fee Waiver Guidelines as Established by the Final Rule of the Immigration and Naturalization Benefit Application and Petition Fee Schedule (AFM Update AD07-19)

(3) Submission of Both Fee and Fee Waiver Request. When a form is submitted with both the appropriate fee for the form and a fee waiver request, the form should be processed, if otherwise acceptable, as properly filed with fee. No subsequent consideration should be given to, nor action taken on the fee waiver request.

Timeline

In my case, the K-3 visa would be better because with I-130 my hubby would probably go into AP for being from Lebanon and K-3 would be faster for him to come be with me.... I am at my wit ends :crying::(

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

NVC

Embassy

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

USA

11.25.08 - POE

Timeline

(B) The Freedom of Information Act .

(1) General . The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 5 U.S.C 552, provides access to all Federal agency records except those which are protected from release by exemptions (reasons an agency may deny access to a requester). The FOIA can be used by anyone to access government records regardless of citizenship. The FOIA only applies to the Executive Branch of the Federal government. It does not apply to Congress, the courts, local governments or private organizations. Requests for access to USCIS records under the FOIA must be in writing (by letter or by Form G-639 Freedom of Information/ Privacy Act Request) and when received must immediately be forwarded to the FOIA/PA officer for proper handling.

Timeline

so you think that means that I can write to the USCIS and ask to see my case and it's findings???

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

NVC

Embassy

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

USA

11.25.08 - POE

Timeline

Same with me 8-12 months. I just looked all over the USCIS site and could not find any information regarding Administratively close cases. NONE They have to provide you the information regarding what substitute a ACC. New acronym. lol

It is the law that they provide you with that information. You have to request it in writing.

I found the manual for employees on the site. i read their customer service requirement. You all should read it, then call the USCIS. Then you can state that you do not think there attitude is in accordance with their policy manual.

In my case, the K-3 visa would be better because with I-130 my hubby would probably go into AP for being from Lebanon and K-3 would be faster for him to come be with me.... I am at my wit ends :crying::(

Timeline

Yes and they have to provide you with any memo, policy, procedure around Admin closing cases. Matter a fact. I am going to write for the information tomorrow.

so you think that means that I can write to the USCIS and ask to see my case and it's findings???

I even read the step and ink and stamp the use to approve petitions with. I seen what they have to do and who they forward denied cases to, but not one thing around admin closed cases.

I will look more tomorrow. I have been reading all night. I am tired.

Timeline

WOW - I wish I could do that, but my computer at home has a virus and now I have to read stuff at work.... Are you finding all this on the USCIS website????

By the way which country is your Spouse from? If you don't mind me asking??

Nita

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

NVC

Embassy

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

USA

11.25.08 - POE

Timeline

Yes, I could tell you the USCIS office dress code.

My husband is in Nigeria. Very difficult embassy. I am a bible follower and know i do not have any control over when my husband gets here. I can pray and ask for help daily, but if I am not ready or he is not ready he will not be here.

You know though, it is the injustice that gets me going. I will have scowered the whole website by the time my petition comes up.

WOW - I wish I could do that, but my computer at home has a virus and now I have to read stuff at work.... Are you finding all this on the USCIS website????

By the way which country is your Spouse from? If you don't mind me asking??

Nita

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Folks -

There has been ongoing threads about this being the case or not that once I-130 is approved, any pending K-3 is cancelled. Well, I was approved this past week on I-130 but unfortunately was also made aware that K-3 was cancelled. THIS DEVASTATED ME.

So it is a mixed bag of feelings. I was hoping the K-3 would go through so I could possibly be woth my wife in about 2-3 months instead of now maybe 6-8 months or so. For all with the arguments that it is now roughly the same wait times between the 2 processes, IT IS NOT. IT IS NOT. And for some countries, it is a huge difference 1 year or so which is a long time. I realize everyone has different patience thresholds and I respect that but for me/wife it is a long time. I am dreadind having the conversation with her that this just happened as I have told here springtime/early summer is when we would be united.

My question to anyone in this situation is that : Is there anything we as petitioners can do to Re-vive the K-3. I mean K-3 was ONLY created to alleviate and decrease these painful wait timelines so why are we moving backwards. USCIS is taking the easy way out again, to help thier own processes and using their rationale to tell us that

Take care all and look forward to some helpful feedback!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Folks -

There has been ongoing threads about this being the case or not that once I-130 is approved, any pending K-3 is cancelled. Well, I was approved this past week on I-130 but unfortunately was also made aware that K-3 was cancelled. THIS DEVASTATED ME.

So it is a mixed bag of feelings. I was hoping the K-3 would go through so I could possibly be woth my wife in about 2-3 months instead of now maybe 6-8 months or so. For all with the arguments that it is now roughly the same wait times between the 2 processes, IT IS NOT. IT IS NOT. And for some countries, it is a huge difference 1 year or so which is a long time. I realize everyone has different patience thresholds and I respect that but for me/wife it is a long time. I am dreadind having the conversation with her that this just happened as I have told here springtime/early summer is when we would be united.

My question to anyone in this situation is that : Is there anything we as petitioners can do to Re-vive the K-3. I mean K-3 was ONLY created to alleviate and decrease these painful wait timelines so why are we moving backwards. USCIS is taking the easy way out again, to help thier own processes and using their rationale to tell us that

Take care all and look forward to some helpful feedback!

Please help us help you by being as specific and detailed as possible about how you came to know your I-129F was cancelled. Please update your timeline too.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.