visaveteran1

Comments on the K-3 Situation

172 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

i 130 approved 3-14-2008 well i just called USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375 – 5283 today and asked---- i just filed a k3 visa which is the i130 & i129 visa together but they only approved the 130 so no what do i do? the person said what do you mean your approved i said well i mean do i have to fill out any papers what is the next step she laughed and nothing you approved we sent the information to the national visa center the intern send the visa to he consulr in mexico when it arives her consoulr will contact her to go pick up the visa then you bring her her that it all done! i said well theirs no interview no medical exams, she said no if there were any of that you would of been notified before approval i smiled said thanks and hung up

i have been worring for three years for nothing!

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

Marriage : 2007-02-15

I-130 Sent : 2007-03-09

I-130 NOA1 : 2007-06-20

I-129F Sent : 2007-10-17

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-12-17

I-129F RFE(s) : never

RFE Reply(s) : ?????

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-14

NVC Received : 2008-04-02

NVC Left : who knows

Consulate Received : who knows

Packet 3 Received : never

Packet 3 Sent : not required just bring it with you they say never got it any ways

Packet 4 Received : same as three

Interview Date : june 5th called the 900#-- we mailed your pac over a month ago, you havnt got it? your ID-is-- that was a unplensent suprise

Visa Received :

US Entry :

I-130 Approval : 2008-03-14 why is this not next to the I 129?

Processing[/size]

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 149 days from your filing date.

Your I-130 was approved in 371 days from your filing date.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
i 130 approved 3-14-2008 well i just called USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375 – 5283 today and asked---- i just filed a k3 visa which is the i130 & i129 visa together but they only approved the 130 so no what do i do? the person said what do you mean your approved i said well i mean do i have to fill out any papers what is the next step she laughed and nothing you approved we sent the information to the national visa center the intern send the visa to he consulr in mexico when it arives her consoulr will contact her to go pick up the visa then you bring her her that it all done! i said well theirs no interview no medical exams, she said no if there were any of that you would of been notified before approval i smiled said thanks and hung up

i have been worring for three years for nothing!

Please read the CR1 guide. USCIS has nothing more to do with your case until after US arrival. The next steps are through NVC and the Consulate, part of the Department of State. Of course there's a medical and interview but they will occur in Mexico. You're on the CR1 visa path at the moment, not the K3, with no approved I-129F.

They don't call it the misinformation line for nothing.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Lurking, you said ANYONE CAN REOPEN THEIR 129F PETITION and THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS ADMINISTRATIVELY CLOSED PETITIONS. OK, I again ask you to tell us how we can reopen our I129F petitions. Please be specific and walk us through the steps to reopen our petitions. Those of us already at the NVC with our approved I-130 petitions are waiting anxiously to hear how we can tell the USCIS that they MUST reopen our cases.

QUOTE(JustWaiting @ Mar 19 2008, 02:38 PM) post_snapback.gifOk, so guess what I found on my Inbox this morning? The approval e-mail for my I-129 saying it had been approved yesterday and that it was going to be forwarded to NVC.

I called NVC because my I-130 has already been assigned there and was told to just ignore anything for the K-3 if I do not want to proceed with it, which is what I will be doing. I had canceled the K-3 three weeks ago and just decided to proceed with the I-130 and got that approved quickly.

NVC mentioned that this has been happening lately because of the USCIS' back and forth on the K-3. The rep told me they cannot make up their minds and some people get both approved or I-130 only to get the I-129 later.

God bless them, at least my I-130 is moving forward!!

1. Call the USCIS customer service line (not the RFE) Tell them that you are checking the status of I129F petition

2. Make sure you write the Customer Service Reps Name and ID

3. If it is out of the processing time ask them to do an inquiry.

Simple as that. Now if your not out of the processing timelines you have to wait. As I do.

USCIS has to give you an answer to your I129F petition in a reasonable amount of time. There are laws to protect us. They have to provide you a notice of action on the petition.

Even if you have an approved I130 as long as you sent the I129F petition in before the approval as I did. If your I129F petition gets there when the USCIS has already approved your I130 they will automatically send you a letter stating that you can not submit an I129f because you do not have a pending I130. I have read some one who recieved a simular letter.

But if they just see that it is pending they send you the typical notice of action telling you what to do and to wait for the answer.

Now do people usually want to wait? not likely

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Lurking, you said ANYONE CAN REOPEN THEIR 129F PETITION and THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS ADMINISTRATIVELY CLOSED PETITIONS. OK, I again ask you to tell us how we can reopen our I129F petitions. Please be specific and walk us through the steps to reopen our petitions. Those of us already at the NVC with our approved I-130 petitions are waiting anxiously to hear how we can tell the USCIS that they MUST reopen our cases.

QUOTE(JustWaiting @ Mar 19 2008, 02:38 PM) post_snapback.gifOk, so guess what I found on my Inbox this morning? The approval e-mail for my I-129 saying it had been approved yesterday and that it was going to be forwarded to NVC.

I called NVC because my I-130 has already been assigned there and was told to just ignore anything for the K-3 if I do not want to proceed with it, which is what I will be doing. I had canceled the K-3 three weeks ago and just decided to proceed with the I-130 and got that approved quickly.

NVC mentioned that this has been happening lately because of the USCIS' back and forth on the K-3. The rep told me they cannot make up their minds and some people get both approved or I-130 only to get the I-129 later.

1. Call the USCIS customer service line (not the RFE) Tell them that you are checking the status of I129F petition

Simple as that. Now if your not out of the processing timelines you have to wait. As I do.

USCIS has to give you an answer to your I129F petition in a reasonable amount of time. There are laws to protect us. They have to provide you a notice of action on the petition.

Even if you have an approved I130 as long as you sent the I129F petition in before the approval as I did. If your I129F petition gets there when the USCIS has already approved your I130 they will automatically send you a letter stating that you can not submit an I129f because you do not have a pending I130. I have read some one who recieved a simular letter.

But if they just see that it is pending they send you the typical notice of action telling you what to do and to wait for the answer.

I don't see how any of those steps would "reopen" a closed 129F." Customer reps have no power and often feed misinformation as many of us can attest. And if, as you say, it will take too long, what's the value? You'd get more respect if you'd stick to the truth and the facts of what you actually know...and drop the guessing and "wild goose chase" suggestions.

Timeline

I don't see how any of those steps would "reopen" a closed 129F." Customer reps have no power and often feed misinformation as many of us can attest. And if, as you say, it will take too long, what's the value? You'd get more respect if you'd stick to the truth and the facts of what you actually know...and drop the guessing and "wild goose chase" suggestions.

I don't see how they would assure any particular result either but I also don't see any point to continuing the pissing match.

Some people have been told their I-129Fs were administratively closed.

These reports came in over about an eight week period.

We've seen one report of a reportedly closed petition being both approved and forwarded to NVC.

We don't know what will happen to the others, if anything, or what the petitioners will do or have to do to see action on those petitions.

So, I suggest we stop arguing about what we think will happen or think needs to be done and simply wait and see. In the meantime, I think it would be more helpful to the readers to keep the posts on the topic instead of about the posters.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

I mentioned it in another thread but thought it might be worth mentioning here. Both my I-129F and I-130 were approved on March 7th. Both hard copies said that they were going to be sent to the NVC. On the 18th the NVC had received my I-130 and assigned a case number. The I-129F has NOT been received. It might be too early to tell definitively, but it appears that USCIS is not forwarding the I-129F to the NVC. One thing for sure is they didn't hold back the I-130.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

That is so bizzare! They approved both of my petitions the same day as yours, and yet they held back my I-130 and forwarded the I-129F to NVC. Looks like there is no consistency; probably it depends on the adjudiciating officer. I hope NVC receives your I-129F shortly so you have more options.

I mentioned it in another thread but thought it might be worth mentioning here. Both my I-129F and I-130 were approved on March 7th. Both hard copies said that they were going to be sent to the NVC. On the 18th the NVC had received my I-130 and assigned a case number. The I-129F has NOT been received. It might be too early to tell definitively, but it appears that USCIS is not forwarding the I-129F to the NVC. One thing for sure is they didn't hold back the I-130.

Timeline

Even though contrary to their stated policy, this can be a great blessing to some and a curse to others. For instance, if working is important and you don't mind a couple extra months apart this is great. For others where children are involved, who were counting on the K4(s) for children and intended to file those I-130's later it's a terrible curse.

And, for the record, this kind of report goes to show USCIS can and does violate their own policies without notice. :yes:

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

I don't see how they would assure any particular result either but I also don't see any point to continuing the pissing match.

Some people have been told their I-129Fs were administratively closed.

These reports came in over about an eight week period.

We've seen one report of a reportedly closed petition being both approved and forwarded to NVC.

We don't know what will happen to the others, if anything, or what the petitioners will do or have to do to see action on those petitions.

So, I suggest we stop arguing about what we think will happen or think needs to be done and simply wait and see. In the meantime, I think it would be more helpful to the readers to keep the posts on the topic instead of about the posters.

I agree with your views and conclusions.

A lot of different scenarios are unfolding that will take weeks to see if there is a pattern...and it's interesting that there is very little activity at the VSC as compared to the CSC. Again, it will be weeks to understand why.

Frankly, at this point I don't want the 129F reopened.

Timeline
Frankly, at this point I don't want the 129F reopened.

I think most cases with no children involved would agree. Those with children who didn't file I-130s for the children are in a world of hurt if their I-129F does't go forward.

The "unknown" such as this is the primary reason I filed both I-130's together and advise others to do so if possible.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

What in heaven are you talking about Sean. People who have approved I130 are starting to get Approved I129F.

hhmmm Didn't I already state that working on getting a petition open that was claimed to be in Administratively closed was going to take too long and it would be best just to go thought the approved I130.

I am going the CR1 route, but I am still pursuing my I129F to force that they give me a notice of action on my case.

Contacting someone who was reading by the book (remember I said a text book answer)

That was just phase one. My petition is not up yet since they are only working on September 20th.

Rule number 1 do not bother the adjudicator when your case is not over due.

So now I have a recored conversation with someone telling me my case is pending and it will not be administratively closed.

I can't do step 2 until my case is over due according to USCIS processing timeines.

Stop being a misserable person and spend your time spreading joy and happiness. It feels so much better to make people feel good then it does to make people feel bad.

You have some seriouse anger and pain issues. I hope your wife knows what she is getting into.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Timeline
What in heaven are you talking about Sean. People who have approved I130 are starting to get Approved I129F.

hhmmm Didn't I already state that working on getting a petition open that was claimed to be in Administratively closed was going to take too long and it would be best just to go thought the approved I130.

I am going the CR1 route, but I am still pursuing my I129F to force that they give me a notice of action on my case.

Contacting someone who was reading by the book (remember I said a text book answer)

That was just phase one. My petition is not up yet since they are only working on September 20th.

Rule number 1 do not bother the adjudicator when your case is not over due.

So now I have a recored conversation with someone telling me my case is pending and it will not be administratively closed.

I can't do step 2 until my case is over due according to USCIS processing timeines.

Stop being a misserable person and spend your time spreading joy and happiness. It feels so much better to make people feel good then it does to make people feel bad.

You have some seriouse anger and pain issues. I hope your wife knows what she is getting into.

Good luck Lurking.

Hi everyone.

I'm sort of new to this forum. New as in we just filed our K-3 paperwork and this is my very first post. Not so new is that I have been checking out this and other forums about the info on K-1 and K-3.

I am a Belgian citizen. We were married in February (in Belgium) and have filed our I-130 in the beginning of March. After getting our NOA1 about a week later, we have immediately also filed an I-129F and that's all running now.

I must say that this set of posts has been freaking me out. I thought I had done my homework but I guess not... I know that quite alot more than usual petitions were filed last summer, and this in part i assume of what's causing extra back-log at the USCIS.

But what I have read here - namely that some folks' I-129F's have been just closed (or cancelled or is it something else? - How did you find out about this actually?) - and that some I-130 petitions have been approved at the same time as, or before the I-129F petitions is big news.

Just to be clear, did I read correct that, prior to recent changes, it was the policy that the I-129F and the I-130 were approved at the same time, and that subsequently the I-130 would be held back until the K-3 visa was issued?

And if this changed recently, could someone please clarify, if you guys know, which petitions were closed: when where they all filed approximately and when did you receive this info about the closing? Was this all at the Vermont Service Center (where our petitions are also pending) or at different ones?

I am just trying to figure out what the current situation is.

Furthermore, what happens de facto if your I-130 is approved before your I-129F? In an immigration book ("Fiancé and Marriage Visas", by Ilona Bray, 4th edition, p. 146, I read: "(...) If the I-130 petition is approved before your interview and the paperwork gets forwarded to the consulate, you're no longer eligible for a K-3 visa, and will have to go through the entire immigrant visa application process. (The concept behind the K-3 visa is to compensate for the delays experienced by married couples as they wait for approval of their form I-130.) But it is unlikely that the I-130 petition will be approved until after you've arrived in the United States".

So I am kinda puzzled by all these early I-130 approvals... and the possibility one still has after this, to still hold on to the K-3 visa, whether this is interesting anyway (timewise, I do not care so much of the bigger paper hassle for the Adjustment of Status once in the US), and - if not possible - what this will mean timewise.

Do you know what the de facto difference in processing times of the NVC is? (the Consulate, I assume, varies from place to place.)

All of this makes me wish we had just applied for a K-1 visa anyway.

Take care.

Cat

Website US Department of State, Consular Affairs Bureau: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1339.html

Just checked the mail today and inside was a letter from the NVC stating that they had received my I-129F and assigned a case number so I guess both the I-130 and I-129F were forwarded. The NVC telephone system still has no record of it. I guess this means I can choose either route at this point. Don't respond to the packet from the consulate and keep the NVC process for the I-130 going and I'll end up with a CR-1. Follow the instructions sent from the consulate and I'll get a K-3.

Timeline

Hello Catherine,

You sound like you have a pretty good surmise of what is going on.

Everyone who states their claimed was admin closed was verbally told by a USCIS customer service rep or an adjudicator. No one can get a response in writing.

My states that it is pending, but I do have an approved I130 from September.

The USCIS has to give you a NOA on your petition as stated on the petition. Are you Vermont or Cali? Seems like Cali is running long just fine right now. I am keeping an I on Vermont. I think they will post some approval this weekend for many people.

Have a great day! Your journey will be expedited and smooth!

Hi everyone.

I'm sort of new to this forum. New as in we just filed our K-3 paperwork and this is my very first post. Not so new is that I have been checking out this and other forums about the info on K-1 and K-3.

I am a Belgian citizen. We were married in February (in Belgium) and have filed our I-130 in the beginning of March. After getting our NOA1 about a week later, we have immediately also filed an I-129F and that's all running now.

I must say that this set of posts has been freaking me out. I thought I had done my homework but I guess not... I know that quite alot more than usual petitions were filed last summer, and this in part i assume of what's causing extra back-log at the USCIS.

But what I have read here - namely that some folks' I-129F's have been just closed (or cancelled or is it something else? - How did you find out about this actually?) - and that some I-130 petitions have been approved at the same time as, or before the I-129F petitions is big news.

Just to be clear, did I read correct that, prior to recent changes, it was the policy that the I-129F and the I-130 were approved at the same time, and that subsequently the I-130 would be held back until the K-3 visa was issued?

And if this changed recently, could someone please clarify, if you guys know, which petitions were closed: when where they all filed approximately and when did you receive this info about the closing? Was this all at the Vermont Service Center (where our petitions are also pending) or at different ones?

I am just trying to figure out what the current situation is.

Furthermore, what happens de facto if your I-130 is approved before your I-129F? In an immigration book ("Fiancé and Marriage Visas", by Ilona Bray, 4th edition, p. 146, I read: "(...) If the I-130 petition is approved before your interview and the paperwork gets forwarded to the consulate, you're no longer eligible for a K-3 visa, and will have to go through the entire immigrant visa application process. (The concept behind the K-3 visa is to compensate for the delays experienced by married couples as they wait for approval of their form I-130.) But it is unlikely that the I-130 petition will be approved until after you've arrived in the United States".

So I am kinda puzzled by all these early I-130 approvals... and the possibility one still has after this, to still hold on to the K-3 visa, whether this is interesting anyway (timewise, I do not care so much of the bigger paper hassle for the Adjustment of Status once in the US), and - if not possible - what this will mean timewise.

Do you know what the de facto difference in processing times of the NVC is? (the Consulate, I assume, varies from place to place.)

All of this makes me wish we had just applied for a K-1 visa anyway.

Take care.

Cat

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.