1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Briefly -

Married 5/07

Filed 6/07

NVC forward to Tokyo 12/07

Tokyo requests additional documents

State Dept confirms reciept of documents 1/08; says we are just waiting.

My wife is in Tokyo. She only sees this un-imaginary line with no one in front of her and no idea how long she will be in it. I see from other posts that some people wait for a very short time and others maybe a bit longer. She is getting borderline depressed and maybe, well maybe not maybe, a bit angry with the delay. I finish grad school in May and that is our anniversary. I would really like her here, but do not have a warm comfy she will be. I thought of sending a letter directly to the embassy, but email requests were answered "please wait". The state dept only confirmed all documents complete. This leaves politicians. I'm not sure that will help. Looking for suggestions and experienced thoughts about the wait times. Thank you, sincerely.

Sept 03 Classmates

Dec 03 First kiss

Mar 04 She went back to Japan

Aug 04 Went to Japan for visit

Sept 05 back to Japan

Dec 06 She visits here

May 07 married in SF

06/11/07 Filed I-130

07/23/07 Filed I-129

Aug 07 Hawaii 2 weeks

08/01/07 I-130 approved, forward to NVC

11/28/07 NVC forwards I-130 to Tokyo

12/04/07 RFE birth certificate long form certified, rec'd 12/21/07

12/19/07 back to Japan 3 weeks

01/15/08 verifed RFE returned to embassy

01/29/08 I-129 received at embassy

02/03/08 touched I-130

02/10/08 State confirms all package 3 documents received

2/25/08 RFE - what did she do from 1992 - 1999

2/28/08 RFE mailed back

3/25/08 State confirms that interview will be 4/21. We have not received written notice.

interview soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.