Satellite

My wife left me!

511 posts in this topic

I'm with seanconneryii on this one and I'm kind of with everyone else on this one.

He's right in the sense that you don't actually need Russian in the U.S. and your new life together. You can get by on 100% English because, after all, she's going to have to learn it one way or another.

However, it's also nice to know what she's talking about and whenever you go to Russia or relate with her family/friends, it's good to be able to understand something.

I truly believe a middle ground is all that's absolutely necessary. My sister-in-law is here now and we're having a strained time speaking. We "communicate" but we don't really speak to each other. It's OK because she's my sister-in-law and not my wife. If I had to simply "communicate" with my wife I would feel at a loss. It's nice to be able to understand at least a little bit of her native language so we can more effectively understand each other when it comes to all that romance #######.

Point and grunt works for getting some, but being able to say "smotri moy vertolyot" puts her in the mood a lot faster.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
Point and grunt works for getting some, but being able to say "smotri moy vertolyot" puts her in the mood a lot faster.

"Stand in my helicopter?" Swear to god I'll never understand Russian women, but hey, if that's what gets her in the mood...

watch :)

i think it's also more important to learn russian well if you plan on having kids who will be bilingual.

Первый блин комом.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Wouldn't that be "Look at my helicopter."?

"Stand in my helicopter?" Swear to god I'll never understand Russian women, but hey, if that's what gets her in the mood...

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
смотри..it's imperative. :)

смотры is infinitive?

Now I'm not going to be able to say this word--or helicopter--without giggling. Thanks slim.

смотреть is infinitive. "смотр" apparently means "review; parade, show; inspection," so смотры would be the plural of that, not a verb form.

Первый блин комом.

Timeline

Смотри is imperative (familiar) Like when you want to say (give the verbal command), "Look at that."

Смотреть is infinite.

смотри..it's imperative. :)

смотры is infinitive?

Now I'm not going to be able to say this word--or helicopter--without giggling. Thanks slim.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Timeline
смотреть is infinitive. "смотр" apparently means "review; parade, show; inspection," so смотры would be the plural of that, not a verb form.

Gotcha. I have смотры written down on a word list I made some time ago, but didn't write down tense.

Basically I'm now convinced that Slim is into aviation voyeurism. A very niche fetish, but hey, we're not here to judge.

Timeline

Gotcha. I have смотры written down on a word list I made some time ago, but didn't write down tense.

Basically I'm now convinced that Slim is into aviation voyeurism. A very niche fetish, but hey, we're not here to judge.

Wowwwww......... nice to see that the thread has become friendly again. Olga..... pleasure to hear from you. Sat........ still don't know what you were thinking but that, apparently, is in the past now.

At present, my use of russian language is strictly limited to writing disgusting phrases on the golf balls of my friends....... but I hope to learn more when Natalia arrives. ;)

Buck

RUS.GIFNatalia & BuckUS1.GIF

May 02, 2007 - Petition Mailed to Nebraska Service Center (and then transferred to California Service Center)

May 29, 2007 - NOA1: K1

Sep 19, 2007 - NOA2: K1

Nov 02, 2007 - NVC Received Petition from CSC

Dec 13, 2007 - NVC Processing Completed; Petition forwarded to Moscow Consulate

Mar 03, 2008 - Moscow Interview Date: VISA APPROVED

Mar 06, 2008 - VISA's received in Omsk

Mar 24, 2008 - USA Arrival; HALLELUJAH !!!!

May 31, 2008 - MARRIED

Jun 17, 2008 - AOS, EAD, AP Filed - Natalia & Artem (17 yr-old son)

Jun 23, 2008 - NOA1: AOS, EAD, AP - Natalia & Artem

July 15, 2008 - Biometrics: AOS, EAD - Natalia & Artem

DISCLAIMER: ALL VIEWS EXPRESSED BY US ARE NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE NOR DO THEY ESTABLISH AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

maybe slim can swing it around like it's gonna take off :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
He's right in the sense that you don't actually need Russian in the U.S. and your new life together. You can get by on 100% English because, after all, she's going to have to learn it one way or another.

Depends where you live. Most of the neighbors here speak Russian. Mrs. Russ has studied the English language far longer than I - she is in grad school now, learning English was never an issue.

Communicating with the dog seems to be a bigger problem. He doesn't listen to us in Russian or English.

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

The giggle is what sells it. A confident smile with a little playful giggle.... that's all it takes.

Smotri is a very important word. Learn it. Use it. (Also recommend slushayet. You won't be using it.... but you'll be hearing it!)

I think that means Mrs. Slim is into aviation voyeurism, not me. I just provide the goods and "the show."

Communicating with the dog seems to be a bigger problem. He doesn't listen to us in Russian or English.

You have to go "Shhhhh." And move your outstretched hand in a downward motion. At least, that's what Caesar Milan does.

If that doesn't work, kick him, piss on him while he's sleeping and/or eating and always make direct eye contact while yelling. Wake him up while he's napping by kicking and yelling again, and just for good measure, pee on him one more time and then rub his nose in it. Dogs love that.

After that, you should be pretty well established as the "A" dog and he'll listen to you regardless of which language you yell. (Notice I didn't say speak. Never whisper to your dog. Always yell and add physical contact.) That dog whisperer dude is full of $#!T.

And just to make this thread more interesting..... works well with the wife too!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

The giggle is what sells it. A confident smile with a little playful giggle.... that's all it takes.

Smotri is a very important word. Learn it. Use it. (Also recommend slushayet. You won't be using it.... but you'll be hearing it!)

I think that means Mrs. Slim is into aviation voyeurism, not me. I just provide the goods and "the show."

You have to go "Shhhhh." And move your outstretched hand in a downward motion. At least, that's what Caesar Milan does.

If that doesn't work, kick him, piss on him while he's sleeping and/or eating and always make direct eye contact while yelling. Wake him up while he's napping by kicking and yelling again, and just for good measure, pee on him one more time and then rub his nose in it. Dogs love that.

After that, you should be pretty well established as the "A" dog and he'll listen to you regardless of which language you yell. (Notice I didn't say speak. Never whisper to your dog. Always yell and add physical contact.) That dog whisperer dude is full of $#!T.

And just to make this thread more interesting..... works well with the wife too!

you piss on your wife and rub her nose in it? :huh:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.