Satellite

My wife left me!

511 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
By the way, I think Russian men don't post profiles, because they're so arrogant - similar to how you have described them in your earlier post.

There is not an eye-rolling icon that is emotive enough to express the eye-rollingness quotient of this post.

Again...(and this is directed to all the "Russian [men|women] are arrogant" crowd, not just the poster I quoted) how on earth can you love a Russian woman and not love or respect her culture and people? And please don't start pointing out to me all the social ills and what-not. Every culture has these problems--read a goddamned book. What you say when you make huge, wide, sweeping generalizations like this is that there is a flaw in the psyche of the entire culture. And not just a flaw, but a *fundamental* flaw. And if you believe in this fundamental flaw, then you most definitely have to believe that your woman carries this fundamental flaw. And so how do you justify this? That you saved her from her own people? That even as flawed as she is, you will make the necessary allowances in order to tolerate her? That you love her, despite this fundamental character flaw? Now *THAT* smacks of not only arrogance, but elitism and misogyny as well. It's not your woman who's the flawed one in your relationship.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
I think talking about people not greatly affected by the Soviet Union days versus folks who took the full brunt of tough life during the SU is talking about apples and oranges. Also, many younger folks in Russia live the "New Russia" lifestyle which is more like life in upper middle class or upper class USA. So it's hard to make any generalizations, There are also regional differences to consider...big city girls versus the village girls

FWIW, I met one American woman in the USA who married a Russian man...they got divorced and he went back to Russia.

BTW, every Russian Bride site I have ever seen has tons of women under 30 going down to 18 years old. The biggest issue with this age group is that there are a lot of scammers...young women praying on older men for their money.

I think you raise some good points here--my own personal circle of russian friends includes, basically, people born from the late 70s to early 80s who are college educated and living in st. petersburg, although many of them were born in other parts of russia and came to spb for university. I don't know any zolotaya moljdezh' though. i do think there is a marked difference between life within the big cities and life in the more provincial areas. The people here who are happy and truly in love with Russian girls from dating sites seem to be dating women who already have been through marriage and divorce and are from small cities, where the options are much slimmer. But workin4somethin's generalizations were just making me really angry.

My cousin married an American women (my grandma's family still all lives in belarus, and he received a full scholarship to the university of texas in the early 90s) and they're still happily married. But obviously there's not this same phenomenon of people meeting on the internet like there is with Russian women and American men, so there's fewer examples to go by.

Edited by eekee

Первый блин комом.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
By the way, I think Russian men don't post profiles, because they're so arrogant - similar to how you have described them in your earlier post.

There is not an eye-rolling icon that is emotive enough to express the eye-rollingness quotient of this post.

Again...(and this is directed to all the "Russian [men|women] are arrogant" crowd, not just the poster I quoted) how on earth can you love a Russian woman and not love or respect her culture and people? And please don't start pointing out to me all the social ills and what-not. Every culture has these problems--read a goddamned book. What you say when you make huge, wide, sweeping generalizations like this is that there is a flaw in the psyche of the entire culture. And not just a flaw, but a *fundamental* flaw. And if you believe in this fundamental flaw, then you most definitely have to believe that your woman carries this fundamental flaw. And so how do you justify this? That you saved her from her own people? That even as flawed as she is, you will make the necessary allowances in order to tolerate her? That you love her, despite this fundamental character flaw? Now *THAT* smacks of not only arrogance, but elitism and misogyny as well. It's not your woman who's the flawed one in your relationship.

I basically agree with your points and overall argument Mox. But playing "devil's advocate," I think some American men think they're "rescuing" Russian women from the evil empire...especially older men. And speaking only for myself here, frankly, some Russian women do bad mouth their own homeland and government and this might reinforce the concept of rescue.

I remember the depth of hatred towards the Soviet Union in the USA and some of it was brainwashing but some of us got a close up look at things the Russian were up to back in the old days... and it wasn't pretty. I have had to "come around" slowly myself, to start to open my eyes and my heart to Mother Russia...and respect and admiration have replaced the negative stuff...but I still have work to do.

Timeline
I basically agree with your points and overall argument Mox. But playing "devil's advocate," I think some American men think they're "rescuing" Russian women from the evil empire...especially older men. And speaking only for myself here, frankly, some Russian women do bad mouth their own homeland and government and this might reinforce the concept of rescue.

I remember the depth of hatred towards the Soviet Union in the USA and some of it was brainwashing but some of us got a close up look at things the Russian were up to back in the old days... and it wasn't pretty. I have had to "come around" slowly myself, to start to open my eyes and my heart to Mother Russia...and respect and admiration have replaced the negative stuff...but I still have work to do.

But once things started opening up a little, the Russians loved American and the American lifestyle and had "American dreams," especially the young people.

My guy hates the government and certain aspects of Russian society, and if we hadn't met he would have emigrated to New Zealand or Canada. But I think it's one thing to understand that Russia has problems or to dislike the government, and completely another to disrespect the culture. I would be totally fine with living in Russia forever, but we feel that we can have a more stable life for our future family if we move to the US instead. That doesn't mean that there's not a lot of things about the "Russian Soul" and Russian culture that i really admire, and some things that I actually prefer about Russia when compared the US.

Edited by eekee

Первый блин комом.

Absolutely, I agree there are a lot of guys out there who think they are rescuing their woman. For most of these men, they are in for a surprise. But really, "rescue" is a terrible place to begin any relationship, foreign or domestic.

Good for you. (that's not sarcastic, I really mean it. It's hard to move past our own histories sometimes.) Terrible things are done by all sides when it comes to war and politics. The American government has done, and continues to do, horrible things to foreign nationals (and possibly US citizens too, but the PATRIOT act blankets our ability to know the extent), but it is not indicative of the character of the American people, who are a good and kind-hearted people. Power corrupts, and anyone in power in any government will be corrupted by it. It is and was people like you who unfortunately suffer for it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
And where are you getting your statistics about half of russian women in prime marrying age are on dating sites? Sorry, but i don't know ANY, and i know way more Russian girls than you do.

He pulled that out of his a$$. :devil:

By the way, Don't Mess with Texas.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi dear VJers!

This is Sat's wife, the original poster.

Wow, 21 pages!!! I didn't expect that! :)

Oh my God, I've heard so much new about myself! (arrogant, heartless, lier, etc. etc.) Some of you are really mean here! :))

Now that everyone calmed down, I apologize again that I've posted this topic. But admit that it turned out pretty entertaining!

Since Satellite never apologizes, I will do it for him! Sorry for calling everyone suckers! (You know that's not true, eh?)

Also, I dont agree with my husband on the "online friends" issue. I have some great online friends, but I prefer to talk to them privately (email, ICQ), and not just post stuff for everyone to see...

I can not write as beautiful in English as some of you on this forum, but I must say that not all Russians are arrogant, please, please!! Not all Russian men are drunks!! These are all just stereotypes.

By the way, I found it really interesting that some people rushed to offer help to my husband after they have read that I left him, and, at the same time, they turned against me (e.g. I became a "mistake of humankind", they suggested my husband to get a lawyer, etc.) But they didn't know what the reason for my "leaving" was! What if he treated me badly? What if I had some other good reason? All they've read was that i left.

Well, I didn't like VJ before, but now I come here more often.

P.S. What do you guys think of this video? :))

Hi dear VJers!

Now come on you wanted to see if you could get more pages than akdiver when he pulled the wool over our eyes..

Oh my God, I've heard so much new about myself! (arrogant, heartless, lier, etc. etc.) Some of you are really mean here! :))

Karmic backlash

Not all Russian men are drunks!! These are all just stereotypes.

Or perhaps they are just a figment of our imagination.

Well that was actually the intent of all the fervor, to get you to show up a little more often, it gets lonely and cold in cyberspace and sometimes we need company. So dont be such a stranger, come, sit down, have a cup of tea and some cookies. We'll chat and find out more about you. So tell us about yourself, do you have any annoying habits you would like to discuss, or perhaps a rash that wont go away, or maybe you have a dream where you are standing on a mountain in sungod like robes with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you.

P.S. I liked the video

Thom n Elena

Arrived Grand Rapids 12/13/06

Finally Home

Married 12/28/06 Husband and Wife finally

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

Aleksandr arrives 8/29/07 7 lbs 19in

ROC

Filed April 21, Received NOA May 5,2009

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Biometrics Cancelled 6/29/09

Reschedule 7/22/09

Biometrics complete only 2 people in office wifey done in 15 min

Letter received New LPR Card in 60 days WOOHOO!!!!

LPR Card Received

Hi dear VJers!

Now that everyone calmed down, I apologize again that I've posted this topic. But admit that it turned out pretty entertaining!

Since Satellite never apologizes, I will do it for him! Sorry for calling everyone suckers! (You know that's not true, eh?)

Hello Sat's wife...it would be great if you had a name. :)

I accept your apology for your post. Your husband should make his own apologies, however.

I would be happy to see you around here more! Maybe you should make your own account so we can see when Satellite is posting, and when you are posting, more easily.

She is very beautiful! :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Apology accepted wife of Sat. We sort of gathered Sat has issues with saying he is sorry. You are always welcome to contribute to the tragedy, comedy and mostly drama found on our little Russian forum! :lol:

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

I KNOW I sound like that when I speak Russian, especially with mixing in the English words when I dont know the Russian word!

--- AOS Timeline ---

07/22/08 --- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

07/25/08 --- NOA for I-131, I-485, and I-765

08/27/08 --- Biometrics

10/01/08 --- AP received

10/14/08 --- EAD received

11/13/08 --- Notice of transfer to CSC

02/09/09 --- Permanent Resident Card Ordered Notice

02/09/09 --- 2 Yr Permanent Resident Card Received

--- Lifting Conditions ---

11/10/10 --- Mailed I-751 packet to VSC

11/12/10 --- NOA1

12/22/10 --- Biometrics

03/15/11 --- RFE

05/10/11 --- Approved

I never said that Russian men are arrogant. That was slim.

Don't forget the women too!

The American government has done, and continues to do, horrible things to foreign nationals (and possibly US citizens too, but the PATRIOT act blankets our ability to know the extent),

Are you serious? They're protecting us from the terrorists. If it wasn't for important laws like the Patriot Act, we would've been bombed again by now. It's too bad that Bush can't win again, 'cause he so would!

I wonder why his brother's not running.....?

That guy sure was arrogant! "Like nobody. I'm best."..... "I'm poor. But I'm cool. I'm very cool!"

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
The American government has done, and continues to do, horrible things to foreign nationals (and possibly US citizens too, but the PATRIOT act blankets our ability to know the extent),

Are you serious? They're protecting us from the terrorists. If it wasn't for important laws like the Patriot Act, we would've been bombed again by now. It's too bad that Bush can't win again, 'cause he so would!

Bush would win if only the 1 in 4 Americans who don't think he's the worst president ever vote.

Первый блин комом.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Oh, Slim, which comedy club can I catch you at? Good stuff! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I never said that Russian men are arrogant. That was slim.

Don't forget the women too!

That guy sure was arrogant! "Like nobody. I'm best."..... "I'm poor. But I'm cool. I'm very cool!"

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.