Satellite

My wife left me!

511 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Damn, now I feel like $hit for laughing. :blink: I guess it was more out of relief. Oh well.

Jason, you have an excuse. You're probably running on...what...no hours of sleep? :)

So I'm a little less wedged about it than I was. I dunno, you get to know people on these forums, you come to respect them, and then you see something horrible like that and you genuinely hurt for them. And then...it's a joke?! I'm all about the dark humor (I practically wet myself from laughing so hard when the guy got shot in the face in the car in Pulp Fiction :) ), and I'm sure it was meant in good fun, even if the execution wasn't so funny. So I'll just accept it as how it was meant and move on. Glad all is well.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I have to say, I feel the same. Pulp Fiction - hilarious, but Satellite's joke bothered me. I was in shock and worried for a fellow VJ Russian group member. It also bothered me for personal issues. We are all a tight knit group here and support each other through a very trying time. Jason & Sasha just got such terrific news and then this joke pops out of no where. I don't know... :unsure:

So I'm a little less wedged about it than I was. I dunno, you get to know people on these forums, you come to respect them, and then you see something horrible like that and you genuinely hurt for them. And then...it's a joke?! I'm all about the dark humor (I practically wet myself from laughing so hard when the guy got shot in the face in the car in Pulp Fiction :) ), and I'm sure it was meant in good fun, even if the execution wasn't so funny. So I'll just accept it as how it was meant and move on. Glad all is well.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

sorry to hear of this situation. You really need to make contact with an attorney. All the best to you.

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline
She didn't go anywhere. She is just having fun with my account. Suckers! For believing such a thing....

I can only speak for myself. FWIW, I hope that you enjoyed the heck out of your "joke", because it cost all of your credibility with me. I have no respect for anyone who would do something like this.

Edited by Don E

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I hope that you enjoyed the heck out of your "joke", because it cost all of your credibility with me. I have no respect for anyone who would do something like this.
This one was beyond me, my wife wants me to stay away from here so she runs into the kitchen and says look what I posted under your account. And then we both started laughing at it. Anyway, regardless of what anyone believes, I think anyone on here is allowed to joke and laugh about themselves. Lastly, what exactly are you going to "discredit" the law and its application whenever I say it :P Or perhaps my personal experience? I've been on here for over 3 years I think I'll be fine.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
I hope that you enjoyed the heck out of your "joke", because it cost all of your credibility with me. I have no respect for anyone who would do something like this.
This one was beyond me, my wife wants me to stay away from here so she runs into the kitchen and says look what I posted under your account. And then we both started laughing at it. Anyway, regardless of what anyone believes, I think anyone on here is allowed to joke and laugh about themselves. Lastly, what exactly are you going to "discredit" the law and its application whenever I say it :P Or perhaps my personal experience? I've been on here for over 3 years I think I'll be fine.

Congratulations to you or your wife for making monkeys out of all those that posted kind and concerned replies to the bogus post.

What the...

Aug 2003 first icebreaker ;-)

2003 - 2006 letters, letters, letters

Aug 2006 met at regatta in Greece

03/20/2007 I-129f mailed to TSC

08/06/2007 NOA-2, 118 days from the 1st notice.

10/24/2007 Interview in Moscow, visa approved

12/06/2007 Entered at JFK, got EAD stamp.

01/25/2008 Married in St. Augustine, FL

02/19/2008 AOS package mailed

09/30/2008 AOS interview - APPROVED!

10/11/2008 Green card in the mail

01/14/2009 Our little girl, Fiona Elizabeth, was born on Jan. 14, 2009 :-)

Timeline

Satellite, I think what upset folks was the way you called us all "suckers". As if we were all a bunch of fools for caring. We all were genuinely concerned for you. Maybe instead, you could have said something like, "Hey guys, we're all fine! My wife was in a funny mood and playing a little joke..." We might have laughed with you!

Remember the little boy that cried wolf?

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Satellite, I think what upset folks was the way you called us all "suckers". As if we were all a bunch of fools for caring. We all were genuinely concerned for you. Maybe instead, you could have said something like, "Hey guys, we're all fine! My wife was in a funny mood and playing a little joke..." We might have laughed with you!

I've refrained from posting in this thread after the "secret" was revealed. You have captured my mood perfectly with this post.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

That's a misread of his post that revealed the original post was bogus. He said his wife posted the lie because she wants him off the forum. Maybe she's on to something?

Timeline

I missed that little tid bit. I think we are all still very upset for be called "suckers" for believing it.

That's a misread of his post that revealed the original post was bogus. He said his wife posted the lie because she wants him off the forum. Maybe she's on to something?

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

:thumbs:

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.