Ron/Sharon

U.S.A. quickly becoming just a place to visit

40 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

In September Sharon and I lost one half of the reason for my moving to the States, her father! In the next few months we have been told; Sharon could very likely be losing the second half of our reason for my immigrating, her mother! The one thing that made us decide to want to live in the States in the first place was Sharon’s parent’s ages, but since her father passed away in September her mother’s health has been declining rapidly that very reason is quickly becoming invalid.

USCIS has had our lives and full attention since September 19, 2006 and it could take right into August of 2009 at the very latest before a reply of any kind, positive or negative could be received.

Now that USCIS and their underlings have everything they have asked for and in remembering their timeline for acting on our case we figure that bringing Sharon here would be the quick and the easiest thing for us to do.

We are letting the process at USCIS continue on its course since we have paid for results and wish to see what those results are. We have paid them their non-refundable $545.00 and now we want the satisfaction of going to Montreal and going through the secondary interview if accepted tell them thanks but no thanks you took to long.

Going through CIC may or may not be easier, but at least we will have the option that is not available to us in the States and that is of being together as the process unfolds and that alone is a bonus that is to good to pass up on.

Now all we have to do is get a plan of action and get it in motion once Sharon is free.

P.S. Had the first interview gone well and I was now in the States, I am sure that we would once Sharon was without her daughterly obligations move to Canada, at least for a good part of the year.

09/20/2006 - Sent I-129F

09/22/2006 - Received at NSC
09/28/2006 - NOA-1 (1-797C date )

10/02/2006 - Cheque cashed

10/02/2006 - NOA 1 (I-797C recieved in the mail)

12/08/2006 - NOA-2 in 79 days

12/13/2006 - NOA-2 hard copy recieved

12/26/2006 - Package recieved by NVC

12/30/2006 - Received by Montreal

01/22/2007 - Received Packet 3

04/16/2007 - Returned Packet 3

08/02/2007 - Received medical documentation

08/07/2007 - Received Interview date Aug. 9th

08/09/2007 - Received I-601 and 212 (not approved yet)

02/17/2008 - I-601 approved 212 abandoned

06/2?/2009 - New medical and passport and doc sent to Mtl

07/22/2009 - Recieved request for DS-221 and notarized letter of intent

07/31/2009 - Montreal recieves thier final requested doc.

09/01/2009 - Visa approved and mail out today

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry I didn't see this thread earlier..

I just want to say that we're all praying for you (especially here in the Canadian CLub) and hope that you two get everything you want soon. You really are one of the strangest couples I've seen in a long time and I hope you both remind each other of that every day...

Keep the love.

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

How did I miss this post Ron?

Please let us know what's going on...

I know you two will find a way.....I'm proud of you for staying so strong, even when it seems impossible.

Best of luck.

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

You two are amazing and an inspiration. Best of luck with your new path.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

((((((((((((((Ron and Sharon))))))))))))))))) You two are definately one amazing couple, to have kept it going despite the ####### USCIS has put y'all through. I know y'all are hanging in there. Praying for a quick resolution for you both. (F)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

this post was in off topic..

I came across it and thought it be better here..

That's why!!!!

I knew I would have saw it otherwise!!

Thanks Liz!!!!

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

awww man u guys :(

all I can say and this comes with personal experience in mind ........we all endure. seems daunting some days but what we learn from life's struggles does pay off in the end. at least that's what i keep telling myself and hope to god its true.

I wish you both all the best

google.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Ron

sorry to hear about your father-in-law. good luck with CIC. I found them alot easier and quicker than USCIS. feel free to pm if you'd like about that process. no guarantees that I can help since its been a few years, but I'll try.

met summer 1999, summer 2000 hooked up-whoo hoo summer fling

summer fling failed to fizzle, married 2003

I-130 mailed 12/15/03

4/1/04 no word from NE contacted senators office, app found

NOA1 4/13/04

Gave up on ridiculously long US process-started Canadian

12/4/04 submitted app

LSS app returned because of missed signatures, lost in transit, resubmitted in June

9/28/05 landed, yippie

10/4/05 fly back to US to "finish up Master's" lose mind and switch to PhD

Damn it back to the US process

3/something/2005 finally get NOA2, no idea why it took so long

4/15/07 get case approval from NVC

8/9/07 Montreal here we come

10/14/07 hubby activated his visa

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi Ron

sorry to hear about your father-in-law. good luck with CIC. I found them alot easier and quicker than USCIS. feel free to pm if you'd like about that process. no guarantees that I can help since its been a few years, but I'll try.

I'm hoping this will still be the case when we're ready for me to emigrate. It will be a few years yet, unless a miracle occurs. :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Other Timeline

Well, hubby and I dealth with the incompetence of CIC for well over a year and a half and gave up, which is why I'm in the US :P But there are extenuating circumstances of incompetent hilbillies misfiling a juvenile record in the US that messed up hubby's applications.

Anyhoo, check out http://roadtocanada.com/ forums for info on Canadian immigration. If Sharon doesn't have a hidden record, all should go well and fairly quickly. Best of luck!

I hope things get better for you. We ended up finally together after we'd been married 3 years. It was taxing, but we both got out alive! I won't say anything about our sanity though! ;)

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

I'm sorry I missed this thread as well Ron. You and Sharon are always close to my heart and I long for the day to read you two are finally together. Wishing you both all the best in doing this process in reverse now. Please keep us posted!

Big HUGS

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.