Army_Wife

US Military Spouses

700 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi Sarah, we have the order and we're now applying for experdite petition and still waiting answers from USCIS... Thanks for the helping. Plus, I just got to read a notice from www.army.com which mentioned about keeping military safe, and I think in order to keep the ones we love safe, we military spouses should check this out http://www.army.com/articles/item/3305

have a nice day !!!

Ling

Hi, I'm Sarah and thought it may be good to start a thread specifically for Military Spouses.

I didn't see one anywhere else on the site, and thought it may be a good way to start some form of support network which incorporates our different set of stresses, to those whose partners have normal jobs.

I met my US Army Husband online when he was in Iraq originally back in 2005, and when he returned we've lived with him being a Reservist, but he goes Active again in a few weeks.

With the current climate of things, it's a little worrying .... I pray there's no deployment, again.

At the moment, I'm separated from him, in England, while we go through the I-130 process which we started in January 2008.

I'm sure there are a few Spouses (and for Fiances for that matter) on here which are in difficult situations regarding their partners involved in the Military, while they too are on their own personal visa journey's, and are finding it harder than normal as they are not attached to or able to access their 'Family Readiness Group' as yet, till they reach the US.

Hence, attempting to start a form of one for us here.

Not sure if this was a good idea, but I didn't think it could do any harm.

Good luck to us all, and I hope we all have a speedy reunion with our Beloved One who is part of the defense structure of the country we will soon be calling 'Home'.

Sarah x

p.s. The link here is for the Military specific immigration hotline (with real people to talk to), which may be of use to some of you http://www.military.com/military-report/im...ESRC=miltrep.nl

Hi, Sarah, I am ling. May I ask what is NOA1 and NOA2 ? We filed our I-130 in Jan 22, 2008 and got the receipt number in Feb 19, 2008, now case is pending in Vermont.

take care

ling

Hi Ling,

Welcome to our little thread. The NOA1 is the I-797C 'Notice of Action' .... which gives you your case number and tells you which service centre your paperwork was sent to. Your timeline is similar to mine and I'm also at Vermont. The next one will be the NOA2 and is your approval from USCIS and your case will then be forwarded onto the NVC etc.

However, I noticed that you posted your Husband is being deployed again ..... does he have orders for this deployment yet ?? or is it just something he's been notified about before the orders come ???? ..... if/when he has orders, you are entitled to a Military Expedite and your waiting changes, from months to weeks.

There is then a process which you follow to speed up your process, considerably. I'm pretty sure someone kindly posted on this thread how you go about expediting your paperwork under these conditions. If in doubt, please call the Military Immigration Helpline, the number is posted on this thread in a few places.

Goodluck Ling, and please let us know how it goes.

Sarah x

Timeline

Hi, Rubby

I am kinda new here, not sure the exact way to check out the replies here, so it took me a few days to figure out this until now. Thanks for the helping :) Could you get updated News about your husband from FRG? Is it a service that is set up for military wives to get touch with the military units that their husbands are in? Sorry for so many questions, but I am really cuirous about this cause my husband never metioned that to me... makes me feel bad...

Have a nice day! :)

Ling

Hi, Rubby, I am Ling. I met my military husband online when he was in Iraq, 2005 too. He came back in Sep, 2005. and now he is going to be deployed again soon, it's a long waiting, I hate the waiting too... We've been online for 2 years and finally last year we got married in June. Your baby looks so cute :thumbs: , I can't wait to have one of our own :D

I read what you typed here, I agree with Sarah, file I-130 and when your husband gets home, you'll in the states for him!!! But I don't understand What is FRG ?

Take Care

Ling

hello!

nice to meet you..

FRG(family readiness group) its a group of military wives, my husband gave them my email add so every now and then i get emails and newsletter from them, i am updated on whats happening over there. :yes:

Filed: Timeline

Hi Ling,

Thankyou for the link about keeping the military safe. It's a shame that we don't have our own forum on this site yet .... as this is really important and should be pinned at the top for all new military spouses to read.

I have asked for our own forum .... like they have the K3 and K1 and CR1 forums, but no luck as yet.

I'm pleased you're preparing for your expedite, and I pray all will go well.

Sarah x

Hi, Rubby

I am kinda new here, not sure the exact way to check out the replies here, so it took me a few days to figure out this until now. Thanks for the helping :) Could you get updated News about your husband from FRG? Is it a service that is set up for military wives to get touch with the military units that their husbands are in? Sorry for so many questions, but I am really cuirous about this cause my husband never metioned that to me... makes me feel bad...

Ling

HI! FRG is very helpful, at first i didnt know about it, i asked my hubby why i get emails from them before they got deployed, then he told me he gave my email add to them.

all spouses can get newsletter from FRG, and upadates to our soldiers and their units whie they are deployed, its good that u know what they are doing over there, i received newsletter, events almost everyday.

ask your husband about your FRG, each unit especially when they are deployed has it.

check this out:,

http://www.armyfrg.org/skins/frg/home.aspx?AllowSSL=true

ruby**

Hi, Rubby, I am Ling. I met my military husband online when he was in Iraq, 2005 too. He came back in Sep, 2005. and now he is going to be deployed again soon, it's a long waiting, I hate the waiting too... We've been online for 2 years and finally last year we got married in June. Your baby looks so cute :thumbs: , I can't wait to have one of our own :D

I read what you typed here, I agree with Sarah, file I-130 and when your husband gets home, you'll in the states for him!!! But I don't understand What is FRG ?

Take Care

Ling

hello!

nice to meet you..

FRG(family readiness group) its a group of military wives, my husband gave them my email add so every now and then i get emails and newsletter from them, i am updated on whats happening over there. :yes:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi my fellow Military Spouses

I have a question??!! what's the average wait time to get an AOS interview after filing?? (married to a USC) file date March 26th arrived at Chicago Lockbox on the 28th. My husband will be deployed August 1st and I want to know if I would get the AOS interview b4 he goes he'll be gone for 15 months ......

Not sure if I can go to the interview without him and if I do they probably deny me on the spot!! Im worried at this point because I know he most likely wont be here when that time comes.

Any advise will surely help....

Thanks in Advance!!

S.ESCALERA

***My AOS & EAD Timeline***

03/26/2008 Send AOS & EAD package via USPS Priority

03/28/2008 Package was delivered at Chicago Lockbox

04/02/2008 NOAs received for EAD,AOS

04/03/2008 All checks cashed

04/11/2008 ASC letter recieved for Bio appointment (Notice Date:04/07/2008)

04/14/2008 Finally able to see I485 case online

04/15/2008 Finally able to see I765 case online

04/17/2008 I765 Touched

04/23/2008 Transfer letter received(Notice Date 04/07/2008)

04/25/2008 Bio Appointment @ 8:30 am DONE!!

04/28/2008 EAD approved

04/29/2008 AOS Touched ( does that mean something???)

04/30/2008 AOS touched (yet again)

05/06/2008 AOS touched!

05/07/2008 Receive EAD Card!

05/13/2008 Receive AOS approval Notice (ND:05/05/2008)

05/14/2008 Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident

05/16/2008 Received SS card in the mail

05/30/2008 Recieved GC

12/26/2010 Removing Condition!

Filed: Timeline
Hi my fellow Military Spouses

I have a question??!! what's the average wait time to get an AOS interview after filing?? (married to a USC) file date March 26th arrived at Chicago Lockbox on the 28th. My husband will be deployed August 1st and I want to know if I would get the AOS interview b4 he goes he'll be gone for 15 months ......

Not sure if I can go to the interview without him and if I do they probably deny me on the spot!! Im worried at this point because I know he most likely wont be here when that time comes.

Any advise will surely help....

Thanks in Advance!!

Personally I have no idea about AOS as I went back to England after we got married ..... silly me ... however, if you call the Military Immigration Helpline number which is found in my signature section, they may be able to give you a good idea ..... I'm under the impression that interviews are normally sped up for military spouses .... especially where deployment is involved.

Goodluck to you, and do keep in touch.

Let us know if they can make it quicker for you, as deployment normally equates to expedites across the board on these matters.

Sarah x

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

ummm,..I adjusted status from overseas In germany,....as hubby got orders a few days before we married to move to Germany from the USA. I had to fly back for an Interview while he was deployed, and I had a copy of his orders, and a letter from his command stating he was deployed. he deployed to Iraq 3 weeks after we got here to Germany. (We lodged AOS and EAD as a walk-in application .Did an info-pass appt, but was allowed to walk in applications as opposed to posting. EAD was approved the same day. That was in February 2004.) I lodged a AP in March 2004, 2 weeks before we left, and it was approved same day too. I flew back to the USA in July 2004 for my interview. Good thing is interviews are rare these days unless there are real mitigating circumstances that warrant an interview.

I did this in Los Angeles, but they no longer do walk-ins.

Edited by jodee

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

Timeline
Hi, Rubby

Ling

HI! FRG is very helpful, at first i didnt know about it, i asked my hubby why i get emails from them before they got deployed, then he told me he gave my email add to them.

all spouses can get newsletter from FRG, and upadates to our soldiers and their units whie they are deployed, its good that u know what they are doing over there, i received newsletter, events almost everyday.

ask your husband about your FRG, each unit especially when they are deployed has it.

ruby**

Take Care

Ling

hello!

nice to meet you..

Hey Ruby, I asked my husband about FRG, he said he doesn't like it. Not sure why ... But I said I wish to join them, and in order to make me happy he said OK, but doesn't sound like he like doing that ...

Ling

Edited by B&J.S

Timeline
Hi Ling,

Thankyou for the link about keeping the military safe. It's a shame that we don't have our own forum on this site yet .... as this is really important and should be pinned at the top for all new military spouses to read.

I have asked for our own forum .... like they have the K3 and K1 and CR1 forums, but no luck as yet.

I'm pleased you're preparing for your expedite, and I pray all will go well.

Sarah x

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for supporting topic about keeping the military safe. I agree with you and I wish more military spouses could read this too.

The lady works in USCIS told my husband they will contact him about the expedite by Tuesday this week, but we still hear nothing from them yet... not sure what's going on ... feel really frustration ...

Ling

Timeline
Hi, Rubby

Ling

ruby**

Take Care

Ling

hello!

nice to meet you..

Ruby, thanks for the link about FRG I just checked it out, it seems just as helpful as you say it, now it doesn't make any sense to me that why my husband refuses to let me know about it and join it ...

Ling

LOL ok, the only reason i like it is i get so much information from them, but im not friends with the other wives, they havent met me.. as long as they know i exist then thats ok with me!

i hope you will get in touch with your FRG so you can subscribe to the newsletter. :thumbs:

Edited by ruby_jade

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey guys I figured I would ask you all since you are military. On the affidavit of support for the annual income, if hubby got a re-enlistmen bonus this year should that be included? I ask because it's a one off thing and it won't be happening again next year.

We are a bit confused by this....any help would be appreciated.

I hope all you ladies are doing well :D

NATURALIZATION
07-03-2013: Eligible to file
07-22-2013: Application sent (Delivered: 07-24-13)
08-05-2013: NOA1 received (Priority date: 07-24-13, Check cashed: 07-29-13)
08-22-2013: Biometrics (Received: 08-06-13, Walk-in: 08-08-13)
09-03-2013: Inline for interview (Yellow letter received: 10-23-13)
11-04-2013: Interview scheduled (Received: 11-09-13)
12-12-2013: Interview (Approved)
01-03-2014: Oath ceremony, passport application and passport received

DONE!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank you guys for the info I really appreciate it!! :star:

S.ESCALERA

***My AOS & EAD Timeline***

03/26/2008 Send AOS & EAD package via USPS Priority

03/28/2008 Package was delivered at Chicago Lockbox

04/02/2008 NOAs received for EAD,AOS

04/03/2008 All checks cashed

04/11/2008 ASC letter recieved for Bio appointment (Notice Date:04/07/2008)

04/14/2008 Finally able to see I485 case online

04/15/2008 Finally able to see I765 case online

04/17/2008 I765 Touched

04/23/2008 Transfer letter received(Notice Date 04/07/2008)

04/25/2008 Bio Appointment @ 8:30 am DONE!!

04/28/2008 EAD approved

04/29/2008 AOS Touched ( does that mean something???)

04/30/2008 AOS touched (yet again)

05/06/2008 AOS touched!

05/07/2008 Receive EAD Card!

05/13/2008 Receive AOS approval Notice (ND:05/05/2008)

05/14/2008 Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident

05/16/2008 Received SS card in the mail

05/30/2008 Recieved GC

12/26/2010 Removing Condition!

Timeline
Hi, I'm Sarah and thought it may be good to start a thread specifically for Military Spouses.

I didn't see one anywhere else on the site, and thought it may be a good way to start some form of support network which incorporates our different set of stresses, to those whose partners have normal jobs.

I met my US Army Husband online when he was in Iraq originally back in 2005, and when he returned we've lived with him being a Reservist, but he goes Active again in a few weeks.

With the current climate of things, it's a little worrying .... I pray there's no deployment, again.

At the moment, I'm separated from him, in England, while we go through the I-130 process which we started in January 2008.

I'm sure there are a few Spouses (and for Fiances for that matter) on here which are in difficult situations regarding their partners involved in the Military, while they too are on their own personal visa journey's, and are finding it harder than normal as they are not attached to or able to access their 'Family Readiness Group' as yet, till they reach the US.

Hence, attempting to start a form of one for us here.

Not sure if this was a good idea, but I didn't think it could do any harm.

Good luck to us all, and I hope we all have a speedy reunion with our Beloved One who is part of the defense structure of the country we will soon be calling 'Home'.

Sarah x

p.s. The link here is for the Military specific immigration hotline (with real people to talk to), which may be of use to some of you http://www.military.com/military-report/im...ESRC=miltrep.nl

Hi, Sarah, VJ sent me email notisfies me you added me to be your friend, I am not sure if that required my approve or not, I am now just trying to figure out this ... But I am glad that you added me as one of your friends :yes: ... have a nice day ...

Ling

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.