Army_Wife

US Military Spouses

700 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi to All!!!

Im a fiancee of a US Navy. He is station now in Japan. Im applying for K1 Visa. We are planning to get marry in USA then go to Japan. Do u think the Consular Officer will deny my application because after getting married(K1 visa) in the USA, ill go to Japan? Our plan the wedding, we will have the Adjustment of Status. He might leave me in the USA while waiting for AOS. Is there any case here that they left USA before AOS? Im confused and nervous now. I hope the Consul Office wont take this against me.

Angel

10/xx/2006 - Met my Fiance in a dating website

12/xx/2006 - First Date in person

01/xx/2007 - 10 day visit of my BF & Official BF/GF relationship

02/xx/2007 - Applied for Tourist visa for Japan (Approved)

04/xx/2007 - Went to Japan to visit BF

08/xx/2007 & 09/xx/2007 - Another visit and decided to file K1 visa

11/xx/2007 - I129F sent to CSC

12/xx/2007 - Spent another long vacation here in Phil & He proposed to me

02/xx/2008 - Celebrate Valentine's together here

03/xx/2008 - NOA2 received thru email

03/xx/2008 - Confirmation letter recd thru mail

04/24/2008 - Medical Exam...PASSED

05/20/2008 - Interview Date (LORD, Please HELP us...Mama Mary, GUIDE us)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Oh, Hi, Sarah, I am so excited for what I see on your page here. I read what you wrote, and it's so amazing that I met my husband online when he was in Iraq too, and he was sent back to the states in 2005 too - September!!! And now he's going to start his activaty soon in 2 days and about to be sent overseas again soon ... Mmm, I don't like the idea to send the U.S. soldiers to overseas, and now I am just praying that he comes back home saftly after the deployment. I am waiting for my visa to go to the states here ... so frustrating that I am still here in China, just wish I could be there for him before he is sent to overseas again ...

We filed I-130 and sent it in Jan 22, 2008 and got the receipt number back in Feb 19, 2008. Our case still pending in Vermont ... One of friend here Edp333 introduced me to check out this link http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=120162 and then I found your this page, it's just so helpful for us!!! Thanks so much!!! God blesses U.S. Army!!!

Hi Everyone

Just dropping by to say hello. I hope everyone's journeys are moving along nicely. Looks like after all the trouble we've had filing we're finally in the queue to stay. Hoorah.

Best Wishes

Bex xxx

I-129F

12.03.08 ~ NOA1

12.05.08 ~ NOA2

06.06.08 ~ Packet 3

18.06.08 ~ Packet 4

25.06.08 ~ Medical

11.07.08 ~ Interview - Approved!

22.07.08 ~ POE Atlanta

K1 = 3months, 29days

AOS

07.11.08 ~ NOA 1 - AOS, EAD, AP

24.11.08 ~ Transferred to CSC

28.11.08 ~ Biometrics

31.12.08 ~ EAD/AP Approved :)

23.03.09 ~ RFE

06.04.09 ~ RFE response delivered to CSC

22.04.09 ~ Card production ordered

01.05.09 ~ Conditional GC arrived in the mail

Permanent Residence = 5months, 15days

Timeline

Hi, Rubby, I am Ling. I met my military husband online when he was in Iraq, 2005 too. He came back in Sep, 2005. and now he is going to be deployed again soon, it's a long waiting, I hate the waiting too... We've been online for 2 years and finally last year we got married in June. Your baby looks so cute :thumbs: , I can't wait to have one of our own :D

I read what you typed here, I agree with Sarah, file I-130 and when your husband gets home, you'll in the states for him!!! But I don't understand What is FRG ?

Take Care

Ling

Timeline
Hi, I'm Sarah and thought it may be good to start a thread specifically for Military Spouses.

I didn't see one anywhere else on the site, and thought it may be a good way to start some form of support network which incorporates our different set of stresses, to those whose partners have normal jobs.

I met my US Army Husband online when he was in Iraq originally back in 2005, and when he returned we've lived with him being a Reservist, but he goes Active again in a few weeks.

With the current climate of things, it's a little worrying .... I pray there's no deployment, again.

At the moment, I'm separated from him, in England, while we go through the I-130 process which we started in January 2008.

I'm sure there are a few Spouses (and for Fiances for that matter) on here which are in difficult situations regarding their partners involved in the Military, while they too are on their own personal visa journey's, and are finding it harder than normal as they are not attached to or able to access their 'Family Readiness Group' as yet, till they reach the US.

Hence, attempting to start a form of one for us here.

Not sure if this was a good idea, but I didn't think it could do any harm.

Good luck to us all, and I hope we all have a speedy reunion with our Beloved One who is part of the defense structure of the country we will soon be calling 'Home'.

Sarah x

p.s. The link here is for the Military specific immigration hotline (with real people to talk to), which may be of use to some of you http://www.military.com/military-report/im...ESRC=miltrep.nl

Hi, Sarah, I am ling. May I ask what is NOA1 and NOA2 ? We filed our I-130 in Jan 22, 2008 and got the receipt number in Feb 19, 2008, now case is pending in Vermont.

take care

ling

Hi, I'm Sarah and thought it may be good to start a thread specifically for Military Spouses.

I didn't see one anywhere else on the site, and thought it may be a good way to start some form of support network which incorporates our different set of stresses, to those whose partners have normal jobs.

I met my US Army Husband online when he was in Iraq originally back in 2005, and when he returned we've lived with him being a Reservist, but he goes Active again in a few weeks.

With the current climate of things, it's a little worrying .... I pray there's no deployment, again.

At the moment, I'm separated from him, in England, while we go through the I-130 process which we started in January 2008.

I'm sure there are a few Spouses (and for Fiances for that matter) on here which are in difficult situations regarding their partners involved in the Military, while they too are on their own personal visa journey's, and are finding it harder than normal as they are not attached to or able to access their 'Family Readiness Group' as yet, till they reach the US.

Good luck to us all, and I hope we all have a speedy reunion with our Beloved One who is part of the defense structure of the country we will soon be calling 'Home'.

Sarah x

p.s. The link here is for the Military specific immigration hotline (with real people to talk to), which may be of use to some of you http://www.military.com/military-report/im...ESRC=miltrep.nl

Hi, Sarah, I am ling. May I ask what is NOA1 and NOA2 ? We filed our I-130 in Jan 22, 2008 and got the receipt number in Feb 19, 2008, now case is pending in Vermont.

take care

ling

Hello all and welcome to the new posters. A quick update on my journey: I've completed packet 3, have my medical on 16th April (next week :wacko: ) and am waiting for my interview letter from the consulate. I'm excited but nervous at the same time :-)

Nadia

Hi, Rubby, I am Ling. I met my military husband online when he was in Iraq, 2005 too. He came back in Sep, 2005. and now he is going to be deployed again soon, it's a long waiting, I hate the waiting too... We've been online for 2 years and finally last year we got married in June. Your baby looks so cute :thumbs: , I can't wait to have one of our own :D

I read what you typed here, I agree with Sarah, file I-130 and when your husband gets home, you'll in the states for him!!! But I don't understand What is FRG ?

Take Care

Ling

hello!

nice to meet you..

FRG(family readiness group) its a group of military wives, my husband gave them my email add so every now and then i get emails and newsletter from them, i am updated on whats happening over there. :yes:

Filed: Timeline

Sarah x

take care

ling

Hi Ling,

Welcome to our little thread. The NOA1 is the I-797C 'Notice of Action' .... which gives you your case number and tells you which service centre your paperwork was sent to. Your timeline is similar to mine and I'm also at Vermont. The next one will be the NOA2 and is your approval from USCIS and your case will then be forwarded onto the NVC etc.

However, I noticed that you posted your Husband is being deployed again ..... does he have orders for this deployment yet ?? or is it just something he's been notified about before the orders come ???? ..... if/when he has orders, you are entitled to a Military Expedite and your waiting changes, from months to weeks.

There is then a process which you follow to speed up your process, considerably. I'm pretty sure someone kindly posted on this thread how you go about expediting your paperwork under these conditions. If in doubt, please call the Military Immigration Helpline, the number is posted on this thread in a few places.

Goodluck Ling, and please let us know how it goes.

Sarah x

Hello all and welcome to the new posters. A quick update on my journey: I've completed packet 3, have my medical on 16th April (next week :wacko: ) and am waiting for my interview letter from the consulate. I'm excited but nervous at the same time :-)

Nadia

Hey Nadia,

Well done for such a speedy journey following the miserable wait which was USCIS.

Medical? I'm praying all will be well, you sound super fit and so should pass with flying colours :thumbs:

I bet your interview letter will arrive quickly too .... I soooo want to see you on a plane and reunited with your Husband within a matter of weeks.

Nerves are understandable, the process has been very long for you, and now you're reaching the end it can all look a bit daunting ..... but, you've come this far and all will be good.

There are many places on this site where they post a lot of the questions these people ask at interview, it may help if you glance over them .... to be honest, they look quite straight forward. Is there a thread for your consulate on this site??

However, please let us all know here how it all goes.

Prayers are with you both .... life is too short to spend sooo long apart.

Sarah x

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi guys....I saw that someone from Iraq got their I-130 approved in 11 days!! Now that is amazing. If I can keep my time at USCIS under a month I would be happy...but 11 days is out of this world! :)

NATURALIZATION
07-03-2013: Eligible to file
07-22-2013: Application sent (Delivered: 07-24-13)
08-05-2013: NOA1 received (Priority date: 07-24-13, Check cashed: 07-29-13)
08-22-2013: Biometrics (Received: 08-06-13, Walk-in: 08-08-13)
09-03-2013: Inline for interview (Yellow letter received: 10-23-13)
11-04-2013: Interview scheduled (Received: 11-09-13)
12-12-2013: Interview (Approved)
01-03-2014: Oath ceremony, passport application and passport received

DONE!

Hi guys....I saw that someone from Iraq got their I-130 approved in 11 days!! Now that is amazing. If I can keep my time at USCIS under a month I would be happy...but 11 days is out of this world! :)

I can only guess, that they filed for the Humanitarian 'we're in the middle of a war' Expedite ..... I suppose expedites can go so fast, that they don't appear to touch the ground.

Hopefully yours will be that fast too Jamericanlove (F)

Nadia

Hey Nadia,

Well done for such a speedy journey following the miserable wait which was USCIS.

Medical? I'm praying all will be well, you sound super fit and so should pass with flying colours :thumbs:

I bet your interview letter will arrive quickly too .... I soooo want to see you on a plane and reunited with your Husband within a matter of weeks.

Nerves are understandable, the process has been very long for you, and now you're reaching the end it can all look a bit daunting ..... but, you've come this far and all will be good.

There are many places on this site where they post a lot of the questions these people ask at interview, it may help if you glance over them .... to be honest, they look quite straight forward. Is there a thread for your consulate on this site??

However, please let us all know here how it all goes.

Prayers are with you both .... life is too short to spend sooo long apart.

Sarah x

Hi Sarah,

Very nice to hear from you again. Yip, I've read through the questions, compiled all the documents (it weighs a ton) and praying for our journey and those of the US Spouses here. I told Nick about this thread, he read some of it and thinks we're (the "threaders/posters") are pretty cool! I will definitely keep you updated with progress - you guys do the same

:-)

Regards and well wishes to all,

Nadia

Hi all!

Great to see a thread like this! I am excited to find similar cases!

Maybe someone out there knows - is there a way to expedite the process thru the NVC?

Hi,

The paperwork trail itself will still have to be done through NVC, so do look into the James' shortcuts via the search box at the top of the page .... however, the Military Immigration Helpline suggested to my Army Husband that once the case reaches NVC, he was to call either the NVC or Consulate (in our case, London) and request a faster interview date due to being military .... I presume from that phonecall, the interview and medical can be done concurrently while the case is at NVC, so cutting out the extra wait time.

I don't know how it works as yet, as we're nowhere near that stage, but I'd certainly give it a try if I were you.

Do let us know on here if it works and if you get an expedited appointment and medical.

Sarah x

While I remember, I want to add this website link for the 'Battlemind' section of the US Army website. This link is specifically for spouses and deals with the impact of deployment, before and after and obviously the subject of PTSD.

As there are quite a few of you who have Husbands/Wives on deployment, I thought it may be helpful for you guys, especially for those who are new to all of this Military Malarky :wacko:

http://www.battlemind.org/spouse_battlemind.html#

I hope everyone is well x

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.