Army_Wife

US Military Spouses

700 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
It's stressful but really it's just answering a bunch of questions (some were weird for me like, have you ever had leprosy?), get a few shots if you need any and you're good to go if nothing's wrong with your blood draw and X-rays..

GOOD LUCK !!! :star:

I PASSED my medical exam :dance: thank God i dont have TB....lol

His wife... How is ur medical? i hope u also passed..

C&D n TheKims Thank you...

GOODLUCK EVERYONE :innocent:

thats great news.... my medical is on the 16th.... interview on the 17th :)

Good luck to both of you! It's no big deal really as long as you don't have TB or whatever :lol:

thanks joggie.... just got a dvd message from hubby while hes deployed... and im all teary..... cant wait to have him back!!

Awwww how sweet! My hubby's deployed too. Should be home in about a month though... yay! :dance:

I-130 Sent - 12/10/2008

I-130 NOA1 - 12/16/2008

**Found VisaJourney.com and found out you can apply for expedite**

Request for expedite - 01/30/2009

I-130 Approved - 01/30/2009

NVC received - 02/05/2009

Request for expedite - 02/06/2009

Expedite approved - 02/20/2009

Case completed at NVC - 02/20/2009

Consulate received - 02/26/2009

Interview date - 03/13/2009

Visa received - 03/20/09

US entry - 04/13/2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Hi,

Just a heads up for anyone who is currently in the AOS stage (even though this is the IR-1/CR-1 forum), and is invited to the interview while their spouse is unavailable to attend due to military reasons.

If you have a copy of the deployment orders or of the military orders (e.g. predeployment training; if the soldier does not have a copy of the orders, he can ask his CO to confirm the mandatory training in a letter), you should be able to attend the interview by yourself.

It is best to check beforehand with the Field Office (at an Infopass appointment, or via help of JAG/ACS on post, if they have direct contacts), just to make sure. But it should be fine.

We tried to change the interview date first, which did not work. However, they were very understanding and I had a (very short) interview by myself, no problem at all.

Good advice. I did the same thing in July 2004

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My interview is still on the may 22.. and im so so nervous now :wacko: ..i hope i pass it..

His wifey.. goodluck.. and ur hubby is sweet. :yes: . i hope my fiancée send me a dvd too when he is deployed ;)

Catt THANK YOU for the advice.. i think ill be doing the same since my fiancée will be deployed when i get there..

Joggie how r u?

PINOY And We know that GOD causes all things to work together for good to those who love GOD, to those who are called according to HIS purpose Romans 8:28

PINAY WE can do everything through HIM who gives US strength Philippians 4:13

hi guys, im a K-1 filer but as soon as we get married i'll also be a military wife :) my boo's stationed in Okinawa; it's nice to know that there's an actual forum for military spouses :)

oh btw, i found this random site and found it very helpful in supporting those that are deployed anywhere

so i thought i'd share it to all of you :)

http://www.anysoldier.com/index.cfm

http://www.anysoldier.com/WhereToSend/

(you can click their names and you can have an idea about certain requests of those that are deployed)

you can also click on a live chat applet, i havent used it but for all of you who have someone deployed, you can have a sense about how it is out there; maybe even lessen your worries about your loved ones :)

i think you can also talk to anyone; im not sure though just give it a click..

it's a really nice site about sending care packages,donations, etc for those that are deployed; do check it out; there are certain updates about those that are deployed ie in afghanistan and iraq

you can have an idea about what to send to your loved ones :)

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malta
Timeline

thanks a lot... please pray for me so that all goes fine... i be leaving for medical and interview next monday!!

N400 sent : 2012-10-27

Check Cashed : 2012-11-05

Bio Appointment : 2012-11-23

Walk-In Biometrics : 2012-11-14

Interview Appointment : 2013-04-12

Approved : 2013-04-12

Oath Ceremony : 2013-06-28

as1cCET0g410010MjA0MDk1c3wwMTMxbHxTaW5jZ

Timeline
hi guys, im a K-1 filer but as soon as we get married i'll also be a military wife :) my boo's stationed in Okinawa; it's nice to know that there's an actual forum for military spouses :)

oh btw, i found this random site and found it very helpful in supporting those that are deployed anywhere

so i thought i'd share it to all of you :)

http://www.anysoldier.com/index.cfm

http://www.anysoldier.com/WhereToSend/

(you can click their names and you can have an idea about certain requests of those that are deployed)

you can also click on a live chat applet, i havent used it but for all of you who have someone deployed, you can have a sense about how it is out there; maybe even lessen your worries about your loved ones :)

i think you can also talk to anyone; im not sure though just give it a click..

it's a really nice site about sending care packages,donations, etc for those that are deployed; do check it out; there are certain updates about those that are deployed ie in afghanistan and iraq

you can have an idea about what to send to your loved ones :)

THANK U FOR THE SITE ODESSA :thumbs:

GOODLUCK HIS WIFEY... I HOPE N PRAY U PASS UR INTERVIEW.. N GET UR VISA...:dance:

HOW IS EVERYONE DOING..???? TAKE CARE :innocent:

PINOY And We know that GOD causes all things to work together for good to those who love GOD, to those who are called according to HIS purpose Romans 8:28

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hum, this may be a stupid question but, what do we input on the money order for the I-130 fee ?

One page on the USCIS website says to write "USCIS", another says "Department of Homeland and Security". This is confusing and either on USCIS website or on Visa Journey I found anything precise about it.

Another thing, I have signed my G-325A on May 29th and sent the 3 sets to my hubby so he can join it with our package, well I thought we'd be done earlier but we still need some elements so we could not send yet. :crying:

Is the date gonna be a problem since like 3 weeks passed or is it np for them till it is signed and dated ?

Thanks for help.

Feb. 2007 : meet online

March 2008 : Fell in love

May 2008 : officially "dating"

June 21st 2008 : ingame "wedding" haha

-------------------------------------------------

July 14th 2008 : bf gone to basic training

August 30th : graduated - on the way to tech school :)

October 30th : graduated tech school - moving base :)

Dec. 23rd 2008 : 1st visit - bf arrival in France (yesss !)

Dec. 28th 2008 : introduced him to parents (they love him, wheee !)

Jan. 4th 2008 : bf gotta go back to the US, sad day.

May 1st 2009 : 1st time in the US, got to see my love again whee !

May 9th 2009 : Civil Union :)

May 24th 2009 : Going back to France, booh :(

June 17th : I-130 package sent

June 27th : Got delivery confirmation

June 29th : Got NOA1 yeeey !

July 10th : Back in the US to see my love :)

August 10th : And back in France again :(

Sept. 18th : Touched

Sept. 29th : got an RFE :(

Oct. 6th : RFE answer received by USCIS

Currently : ready to go back to the USA and see my loved one !

Hum, this may be a stupid question but, what do we input on the money order for the I-130 fee ?

One page on the USCIS website says to write "USCIS", another says "Department of Homeland and Security". This is confusing and either on USCIS website or on Visa Journey I found anything precise about it.

Another thing, I have signed my G-325A on May 29th and sent the 3 sets to my hubby so he can join it with our package, well I thought we'd be done earlier but we still need some elements so we could not send yet. :crying:

Is the date gonna be a problem since like 3 weeks passed or is it np for them till it is signed and dated ?

Thanks for help.

Hi Moonskin,

I checked the copy of our I-130 application and we put "Department of Homeland Security" (no 'and' in there). If I am not mistaken (though I have not checked that again), the instructions of Form I-130 specifically state what needs to be written on the money order or personal check. You can find these instructions on the USCIS page for downloading the forms.

I would not worry about the G-325A, as long it is indeed signed and dated. Three weeks is not long at all.

If you have any further questions, ask away. Better now, than to see later that you missed something (but I am confident all will go well).

Edited by Catt

Website US Department of State, Consular Affairs Bureau: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1339.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

ima K-1 but soon to be military SO, we applied for expedite due to his soon deployment, our app was approved the next day after we called which was odd b/c they told us to wait 5 days for them to mail us what they need for expedite. now we got a request for info from him when our app has been approved and already sent to the NVC.

my question is - do we still need to send USCIS the info they requested even tho they already approved and sent our case to NVC? or can/should we just nevermind that request since our file has already moved on?

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

We also called and got approved.. but didnt send anything to the uscis.... so i guess.. just move on... GOODLUCK :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
ima K-1 but soon to be military SO, we applied for expedite due to his soon deployment, our app was approved the next day after we called which was odd b/c they told us to wait 5 days for them to mail us what they need for expedite. now we got a request for info from him when our app has been approved and already sent to the NVC.

my question is - do we still need to send USCIS the info they requested even tho they already approved and sent our case to NVC? or can/should we just nevermind that request since our file has already moved on?

No you don't :)

I-130 Sent - 12/10/2008

I-130 NOA1 - 12/16/2008

**Found VisaJourney.com and found out you can apply for expedite**

Request for expedite - 01/30/2009

I-130 Approved - 01/30/2009

NVC received - 02/05/2009

Request for expedite - 02/06/2009

Expedite approved - 02/20/2009

Case completed at NVC - 02/20/2009

Consulate received - 02/26/2009

Interview date - 03/13/2009

Visa received - 03/20/09

US entry - 04/13/2009

Is it possible that you are confusing the approval of the expedite request with the approval of your actual petition? How do you know your case has already been sent to NVC?

If someone files for expedited treatment of their case, and this request is approved, then CIS starts working on this case immediately. Once they start working on it, they might see that something is missing, in which case an RFE could be issued. So Expedite approval and RFE are not mutually exclusive.

So check your papers/the info you have. Get in touch with someone who can help you, if need be (like someone from your husband's base or a politician). Or try and get in touch with USCIS yourself (if that is possible; I recall there was a way to phone the Service Center directly about RFE's - careful of the USCIS telephone helpline though, because they are a callcenter, not the Service Center, and they often just seem to talk nonsense and get people in trouble with misinformation). But - by all means - NEVER just discard an RFE (I would not, anyway). What was the RFE about? And were they already working on your case when you requested the expedite?

Edited by Catt

Website US Department of State, Consular Affairs Bureau: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1339.html

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hey i got another question (yeah I know hehe one more), what does the marriage certificate you send with your package looks like ?

We got our regular marriage certificate a few days after ceremony, this one is one page, green, and shows our names, age, birth, same with parents' info and so on. But when we sent our stuff to the French consulate so they register our wedding, they said this one did not fit and what they wanted was the one which shows both marriage licence AND marriage certificate on the same page like this : http://www.consulfrance-newyork.org/IMG/pdf/mariage_nj.pdf

So we kinda wonder what copy to send, even if we are pretty sure the regular one is alright.

Feb. 2007 : meet online

March 2008 : Fell in love

May 2008 : officially "dating"

June 21st 2008 : ingame "wedding" haha

July 14th 2008 : bf gone to basic training

August 30th : graduated - on the way to tech school :)

October 30th : graduated tech school - moving base :)

Dec. 23rd 2008 : 1st visit - bf arrival in France (yesss !)

Dec. 28th 2008 : introduced him to parents (they love him, wheee !)

Jan. 4th 2008 : bf gotta go back to the US, sad day.

May 1st 2009 : 1st time in the US, got to see my love again whee !

May 9th 2009 : Civil Union :)

May 24th 2009 : Going back to France, booh :(

June 17th : I-130 package sent

June 27th : Got delivery confirmation

June 29th : Got NOA1 yeeey !

July 10th : Back in the US to see my love :)

August 10th : And back in France again :(

Sept. 18th : Touched

Sept. 29th : got an RFE :(

Oct. 6th : RFE answer received by USCIS

Currently : ready to go back to the USA and see my loved one !

Hey i got another question (yeah I know hehe one more), what does the marriage certificate you send with your package looks like ?

We got our regular marriage certificate a few days after ceremony, this one is one page, green, and shows our names, age, birth, same with parents' info and so on. But when we sent our stuff to the French consulate so they register our wedding, they said this one did not fit and what they wanted was the one which shows both marriage licence AND marriage certificate on the same page like this : http://www.consulfrance-newyork.org/IMG/pdf/mariage_nj.pdf

So we kinda wonder what copy to send, even if we are pretty sure the regular one is alright.

Hey Moonskin,

Did you get married in France? Then why go to the French Consulate there? I am confused.

I'm Belgian so (although the Belgian Civil Code is very similar to the French one) I do not know what exactly a French marriage certificate looks like.

All I remember is that after the wedding I went to City Hall to pick up a few marriage certificates, and I told them what purpose it was for. It says it is an identical copy of the marriage certificate, and it is signed by an Alderman.

Check out the link under my post (US Dept. of State), maybe it can give you some more info on the specific documents for France. Or I am sure on the country specific forums here, other French people can help you better.

Hang in there!

Cat

Hey Moonskin,

Did you get married in France? Then why go to the French Consulate there? I am confused.

I'm Belgian so (although the Belgian Civil Code is very similar to the French one) I do not know what exactly a French marriage certificate looks like.

All I remember is that after the wedding I went to City Hall to pick up a few marriage certificates, and I told them what purpose it was for. It says it is an identical copy of the marriage certificate, and it is signed by an Alderman.

Check out the link under my post (US Dept. of State), maybe it can give you some more info on the specific documents for France. Or I am sure on the country specific forums here, other French people can help you better.

Hang in there!

Cat

This is the specific link to documents for France: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc..._3562.html#docs

This is the specific quote about the marriage certificate. If you live closeby where you got married, it is probably way faster to just walk in and request the extracts. Hope this helps (if you did get married in France).

"Marriage Certificate

Available. (Extrait d'Acte de Marriage) May be obtained from the office of the Mayor (la Mairie) of the town in which the marriage took place. A request for such record should be accompanied by a self-addressed envelope and an amount sufficient to cover return postage. Payment for the return postage should be by money order."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.