Army_Wife

US Military Spouses

700 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
Does anybody know how to get a military ID if you're not in the States? Can the embassy help you or can you go to an American base? Thanks!

You have to go on a military base and get registered in DEERS!

http://www.military.com/benefits/resources...ification-cards

Okay thanks! Guess I'll just wait till I get to the States. I already have a SSN from when I was a foreign exchange student way back so I don't have to worry about that.

I-130 Sent - 12/10/2008

I-130 NOA1 - 12/16/2008

**Found VisaJourney.com and found out you can apply for expedite**

Request for expedite - 01/30/2009

I-130 Approved - 01/30/2009

NVC received - 02/05/2009

Request for expedite - 02/06/2009

Expedite approved - 02/20/2009

Case completed at NVC - 02/20/2009

Consulate received - 02/26/2009

Interview date - 03/13/2009

Visa received - 03/20/09

US entry - 04/13/2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malta
Timeline
Does anybody know how to get a military ID if you're not in the States? Can the embassy help you or can you go to an American base? Thanks!

Okay thanks! Guess I'll just wait till I get to the States. I already have a SSN from when I was a foreign exchange student way back so I don't have to worry about that.

hi joggie... can you ask for an expedite with nvc as well??

N400 sent : 2012-10-27

Check Cashed : 2012-11-05

Bio Appointment : 2012-11-23

Walk-In Biometrics : 2012-11-14

Interview Appointment : 2013-04-12

Approved : 2013-04-12

Oath Ceremony : 2013-06-28

as1cCET0g410010MjA0MDk1c3wwMTMxbHxTaW5jZ

Timeline

Yes!! I didn't know that either but I called and asked, and the person said for me to send them an email with your case number in the headline and then Request for expedite. In the email you put that USCIS approved an expedite already and then attach documents that support your reason for the expedite. I attached marriage certificate, his orders and then a copy of his military ID.

NVC will then email the embassy in your country and ask them if it's okay they expedite and give them the case, and they will more than likely always say yes. Any questions just ask, more than happy to help! :thumbs:

Yes!! I didn't know that either but I called and asked, and the person said for me to send them an email with your case number in the headline and then Request for expedite. In the email you put that USCIS approved an expedite already and then attach documents that support your reason for the expedite. I attached marriage certificate, his orders and then a copy of his military ID.

NVC will then email the embassy in your country and ask them if it's okay they expedite and give them the case, and they will more than likely always say yes. Any questions just ask, more than happy to help! :thumbs:

Oh and since this means that we skipped the whole NVC process I just had to bring all the documents for my interview. Also meant that we didn't end up paying the fee bills!!! How cool is that? Expedited and cheaper - yay!! :thumbs:

I-130 Sent - 12/10/2008

I-130 NOA1 - 12/16/2008

Visa received - 03/20/09

US entry - 04/13/2009

Timeline

Oh and since this means that we skipped the whole NVC process I just had to bring all the documents for my interview. Also meant that we didn't end up paying the fee bills!!! How cool is that? Expedited and cheaper - yay!! :thumbs:

well we didnt get any approval from uscis coz we didnt really need it since we were approved in 54 days....so if you get an expedite with nvc we wont need to send the papers there and send them to the embassy instead? thanks a log joggie :)

and my hubby is not in iraq or afghanistan thanks god but deployed too... will that make a difference? and what do you mean you didnt pay the bills? lol

Edited by His_Wifey

Timeline

You just need to bring all the documents (AOS, DS-230 etc.) when you go in for the interview.

You need to have your medical exam done and bring the recipts for the payment too.

As long as he's deployed it doesn't matter where.

We didn't have to pay the IV fee bill and the other one, since we skipped the whole NVC process :D

Edited by Joggie

I-130 Sent - 12/10/2008

I-130 NOA1 - 12/16/2008

Visa received - 03/20/09

US entry - 04/13/2009

Timeline
You just need to bring all the documents (AOS, DS-230 etc.) when you go in for the interview.

You need to have your medical exam done and bring the recipts for the payment too.

could it be coz your embassy is standard processing and so you take your paperwork there? we re still waiting for my husband's tax transcripts and for him to mail them to me it will take some time too.... they never asked you to pay the aos and ds230?

Timeline

could it be coz your embassy is standard processing and so you take your paperwork there? we re still waiting for my husband's tax transcripts and for him to mail them to me it will take some time too.... they never asked you to pay the aos and ds230?

No I don't think that's why. The embassy here isn't standard processing anyways! It's because when it gets expedited NVC just leaves everything up to the embassy, so I don't think they have a big problem with approving expedites (as long as the embassy agrees!) because that means it's out of NVC's hands :lol:

I-130 Sent - 12/10/2008

I-130 NOA1 - 12/16/2008

Visa received - 03/20/09

US entry - 04/13/2009

Timeline

No I don't think that's why. The embassy here isn't standard processing anyways! It's because when it gets expedited NVC just leaves everything up to the embassy, so I don't think they have a big problem with approving expedites (as long as the embassy agrees!) because that means it's out of NVC's hands :lol:

lol thats just great joggie.... what i need to check if what if i dont get hubby's documents in time.... thats the prob

lol thats just great joggie.... what i need to check if what if i dont get hubby's documents in time.... thats the prob

Timeline

You get at letter that you need to sign and return saying that you have all the documents ready. Since mine was an expedite I never got that letter, they just told me to send them an email right away (when I was on the phone with them at the embassy) saying that I had all the paperwork ready.

After that you get another letter in the mail stating your interview date and what you need to bring. It also says you can reschedule if you need to.

I-130 Sent - 12/10/2008

I-130 NOA1 - 12/16/2008

Visa received - 03/20/09

US entry - 04/13/2009

Timeline

You get at letter that you need to sign and return saying that you have all the documents ready. Since mine was an expedite I never got that letter, they just told me to send them an email right away (when I was on the phone with them at the embassy) saying that I had all the paperwork ready.

After that you get another letter in the mail stating your interview date and what you need to bring. It also says you can reschedule if you need to.

oh thats good....so i ll check with nvc when i get through.... and then the embassy will tell you what to bring along even in terms of packages right

Timeline

oh thats good....so i ll check with nvc when i get through.... and then the embassy will tell you what to bring along even in terms of packages right

Right! You just bring EVERYTHING! haha. Marriage certificate, police certificate, birth certificate, passport, 2 passport photos, DS-230 part I + II, AOS etc.

I-130 Sent - 12/10/2008

I-130 NOA1 - 12/16/2008

Visa received - 03/20/09

US entry - 04/13/2009

Timeline

Right! You just bring EVERYTHING! haha. Marriage certificate, police certificate, birth certificate, passport, 2 passport photos, DS-230 part I + II, AOS etc.

thats cool.... i ll ask them and see what they tell me.... anyone else who got this expedite treatment ?

thanks joggie!!!!!!!! :star::star::star:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

thats cool.... i ll ask them and see what they tell me.... anyone else who got this expedite treatment ?

thanks joggie!!!!!!!! :star::star::star:

I'm having my case expedited at NVC right now, but i guess the US embassy in Paris is not as helpful as the one in Denmark! <_<

They basically said that NVC should handle everything before the interview.

So we sent all the required forms AND fees to NVC, Joggie you're SO lucky you didn't have to pay!! That's awesome! :thumbs:

And now we're waiting... we have a really small window as my husband is deploying mid-april.. but we hope for the best!

I guess the best way is to try and call your embassy too. Don't hesitate to contact and get your senators and congressman involved as well.

Good luck!! :star:

2007-09-17 --> Met in France

2007-10-11 --> <3

2008-09-10 --> Got married!

USCIS Journey

2009-01-31 --> I-130 application sent via fedex to Chicago lockbox

2009-02-02 --> I-130 received by USCIS

2009-02-05 --> Notice of Action (NOA1)

2009-02-07 --> Notice of Action (NOA1) hardcopy received in the mail

2009-02-09 --> Request for Expedite

2009-02-09/10/16/18/20 --> Touched

2009-02-26 --> Phone call from WY congresswoman's office: I-130 petition approved (NOA2)!!

2009-02-27 --> Touched (case mailed to NVC?)

2009-03-02 --> NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

NVC Journey

2009-03-13 --> Case # assigned

2009-03-15 --> Request for expedite

2009-03-19 --> DS-3032 generated

2009-03-19 --> DS-3032 sent (e-mail)

2009-03-19 --> AOS and IV fees PAID (money order) (as per NVC supervisor's instructions)

2009-03-20 --> AOS package and DS-230 sent to NVC (as per NVC supervisor's instructions)

2009-04-13 --> Case complete at NVC

Embassy Journey

2009-04-14 --> Forward the case to Embassy in Paris, France

2009-04-30 --> Medical (PASSED!)

2009-04-30 --> Visa Interview - APPROVED!!

2009-05-04 --> Visa in Hand

2009-05-12 --> POE (Chicago)

2009-06-26 --> Green Card arrived in the mail!!

ROC

2011-03-16 --> ROC packet sent

2011-04-14 --> Biometrics appointment in Denver, CO

2011-05-27 --> Notification of approval in the mail (actual decision on the 24th)

2011-05-31 --> 10 year green card in the mail! (sent on the 25th)

**Done with USCIS till 2021**

Timeline

Aww good luck with everything C!! I really hope you'll get there in time. My hubby comes back in a couple of months from Iraq so you know where I will be LOL. Thanks again for all your advice. I don't think he knows about Meers but I'm writing him an email right now and I'll make sure and ask.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

I-130 Sent - 12/10/2008

I-130 NOA1 - 12/16/2008

Visa received - 03/20/09

US entry - 04/13/2009

As long as he's deployed it doesn't matter where.

We didn't have to pay the IV fee bill and the other one, since we skipped the whole NVC process :D

same here.. LOL.. anyways where are you heading? we are leaving so soon!!! :crying:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.