Army_Wife

US Military Spouses

700 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Hello

I'm a newlywed and my husband is having a hard time at a military school right now. I'm visiting, living with him on the base. I'd like to help him relax and not stress him out. How can i help him/support him through this?

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Caroline

Hi, I may not be a military wife, but still Im a wife. Dont talk about this USCIS process, be positive, just ENJOY the time together. It will all work itself out. Just enjoy your time, being together is the MOST important thing right now.

Not talking about this process made my time with my husband together just several days ago much more enjoyable.

Take lots of pics together now, you will be glad to have them when you leave for home until this is all over.

Thanks for your support it all makes sense the way you put it..! It seems i left my common sense in France!

No Honey, you left your heart in France, just as I did several days ago when I kissed my husband good bye for the last time this year.

Paris Hearts Desire

Getting re-married via proxy Feb. 10th 2009 Honeymoon in Paris Feb. 11th-15th 2009

Refiling petition: Feb. 17th 2009

9699.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Hello

I'm a newlywed and my husband is having a hard time at a military school right now. I'm visiting, living with him on the base. I'd like to help him relax and not stress him out. How can i help him/support him through this?

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Caroline

Hi, I may not be a military wife, but still Im a wife. Dont talk about this USCIS process, be positive, just ENJOY the time together. It will all work itself out. Just enjoy your time, being together is the MOST important thing right now.

Not talking about this process made my time with my husband together just several days ago much more enjoyable.

Take lots of pics together now, you will be glad to have them when you leave for home until this is all over.

Thanks for your support it all makes sense the way you put it..! It seems i left my common sense in France!

No Honey, you left your heart in France, just as I did several days ago when I kissed my husband good bye for the last time this year.

Hey Hearts Desire!

Actually i'm the french citizen visiting my USC husband in the US right now. Sorry my first post was not very clear.. Next time i'll kiss my husband goodbye, it will be for a long time, as he's getting deployed in the spring next year.. We'll start the whole visa process while he's over there..

So i guess i'll be leaving my heart in the middle east!! ;)

Hang in there! (F)

2007-09-17 --> Met in France

2007-10-11 --> <3

2008-09-10 --> Got married!

USCIS Journey

2009-01-31 --> I-130 application sent via fedex to Chicago lockbox

2009-02-02 --> I-130 received by USCIS

2009-02-05 --> Notice of Action (NOA1)

2009-02-07 --> Notice of Action (NOA1) hardcopy received in the mail

2009-02-09 --> Request for Expedite

2009-02-09/10/16/18/20 --> Touched

2009-02-26 --> Phone call from WY congresswoman's office: I-130 petition approved (NOA2)!!

2009-02-27 --> Touched (case mailed to NVC?)

2009-03-02 --> NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

NVC Journey

2009-03-13 --> Case # assigned

2009-03-15 --> Request for expedite

2009-03-19 --> DS-3032 generated

2009-03-19 --> DS-3032 sent (e-mail)

2009-03-19 --> AOS and IV fees PAID (money order) (as per NVC supervisor's instructions)

2009-03-20 --> AOS package and DS-230 sent to NVC (as per NVC supervisor's instructions)

2009-04-13 --> Case complete at NVC

Embassy Journey

2009-04-14 --> Forward the case to Embassy in Paris, France

2009-04-30 --> Medical (PASSED!)

2009-04-30 --> Visa Interview - APPROVED!!

2009-05-04 --> Visa in Hand

2009-05-12 --> POE (Chicago)

2009-06-26 --> Green Card arrived in the mail!!

ROC

2011-03-16 --> ROC packet sent

2011-04-14 --> Biometrics appointment in Denver, CO

2011-05-27 --> Notification of approval in the mail (actual decision on the 24th)

2011-05-31 --> 10 year green card in the mail! (sent on the 25th)

**Done with USCIS till 2021**

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

I just wanted to say a quick hi to all of you fellow spouses. My husband is deployed right now and we got married on his R&R about 2 months ago. He just found out they're cutting his orders short so he'll more than likely be home in May or June already instead of the end of July.

We just found out about the expedite processing so I got all of our papers ready today and will be faxing them to the USCIS first thing tomorrow. It's so great to hear that it's actually possible. Thank you! :thumbs:

I-130 Sent - 12/10/2008

I-130 NOA1 - 12/16/2008

**Found VisaJourney.com and found out you can apply for expedite**

Request for expedite - 01/30/2009

I-130 Approved - 01/30/2009

NVC received - 02/05/2009

Request for expedite - 02/06/2009

Expedite approved - 02/20/2009

Case completed at NVC - 02/20/2009

Consulate received - 02/26/2009

Interview date - 03/13/2009

Visa received - 03/20/09

US entry - 04/13/2009

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I just wanted to say a quick hi to all of you fellow spouses. My husband is deployed right now and we got married on his R&R about 2 months ago. He just found out they're cutting his orders short so he'll more than likely be home in May or June already instead of the end of July.

We just found out about the expedite processing so I got all of our papers ready today and will be faxing them to the USCIS first thing tomorrow. It's so great to hear that it's actually possible. Thank you! :thumbs:

Too many pages to read lol, anyways, someone may have already posted this but I was told if you can get a strong enough letter from your commanders, you can get the visa petition expedited whether your spouse is deploying or not, I know your spouse is deployed but it may help with a speedy process when he returns. I am in the process of trying to get a letter from my Commanders, if it works for me, I'll send you a template. Good luck to you and hope your husband returns to you safely and sooner than what his orders say.

jurod16

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

I hope you will get your expedite! When we sent our fax we got approved the day after but our was a K1 Visa!! Anyways I got here yesterday and I can` wait for my Fiance to come home!!

OUR TIMELINE for K1

09.26.2008: Petition Sent to California Service Center by UPS

10.01.2008: NOA1

11.12.2008: NOA2

11.17.2008: NVC Received Our Case

11.24.2008: Consulate Received Our Case

12.29.2008: Medical Exam at 8.15 am / PASSED

12.30.2008: INTERVIEW AT 10.00 A.M. / VISA IN HAND!

01.23.2009: POE

02.21.2009: Wedding

OUR TIMELINE for AOS

04.16.2009: AOS Package Sent To Chicago by UPS

04.21.2009: NOA1

05.14.2009: Biometrics Appointment and Touch for AOS and EAD

06.01.2009: EAD Card Ordered and AP Approved

06.05.2009: Received AP in the Mailbox

06.08.2009: Received EAD in the Mailbox

08.22.2009: INTERVIEW AT 12.30 P.M. / APPROVED!

09.02.2009: GREEN CARD IN HAND!

OUR TIMELINE for I-751

06.03.2011: I-751 Package Sent To California Service Center

06.07.2011: NOA1

06.27.2011: Biometrics Appointment

12.19.2011: NOA2

12.23.2011: GREEN CARD IN HAND!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Too many pages to read lol, anyways, someone may have already posted this but I was told if you can get a strong enough letter from your commanders, you can get the visa petition expedited whether your spouse is deploying or not, I know your spouse is deployed but it may help with a speedy process when he returns. I am in the process of trying to get a letter from my Commanders, if it works for me, I'll send you a template. Good luck to you and hope your husband returns to you safely and sooner than what his orders say.

jurod16

We tried that and we rung the military helpline and they said we weren't eligable, even though Tom is technicaly 'deployed'. We thought we weren't anyway but it doesn't hurt to try.

Timeline
I have to say, being a military spouse/fiance is one of the hardest jobs out there. :whistle:

I couldn't agree more but I still think it's way harder for my husband. At least I can distract myself with other "normal" things like go out to eat or go watch a movie and hang out with my friends :mellow:

I-130 Sent - 12/10/2008

I-130 NOA1 - 12/16/2008

Visa received - 03/20/09

US entry - 04/13/2009

Timeline
We tried that and we rung the military helpline and they said we weren't eligable, even though Tom is technicaly 'deployed'. We thought we weren't anyway but it doesn't hurt to try.

Did you just call and ask them or did you actually file for an expedite either through mail or via fax? Just wondering...

I-130 Sent - 12/10/2008

I-130 NOA1 - 12/16/2008

Visa received - 03/20/09

US entry - 04/13/2009

Timeline

Did you just call and ask them or did you actually file for an expedite either through mail or via fax? Just wondering...

He called the number, he gave them his situation and asked if he was eligable for a expedite. They told him no.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malta
Timeline

He called the number, he gave them his situation and asked if he was eligable for a expedite. They told him no.

Hello all.... Im a US navy wife.... just got married december 2008 and sent my I-130 on the 7th January but still didnt receive the NOA1.... my husband is on deployment right now while im back to my home country... and so maybe that is why its taking so long since we are using an FPO address.... did anyone use an FPO address on any USCIS forms before?

and its the most difficult task ever to be a military wife.... this is our second deployment and it hurts so much seeing your loved one leave again.... May God be with all the Military Personnel no matter where they are!!

N400 sent : 2012-10-27

Check Cashed : 2012-11-05

Bio Appointment : 2012-11-23

Walk-In Biometrics : 2012-11-14

Interview Appointment : 2013-04-12

Approved : 2013-04-12

Oath Ceremony : 2013-06-28

as1cCET0g410010MjA0MDk1c3wwMTMxbHxTaW5jZ

Timeline

Hello all.... Im a US navy wife.... just got married december 2008 and sent my I-130 on the 7th January but still didnt receive the NOA1.... my husband is on deployment right now while im back to my home country... and so maybe that is why its taking so long since we are using an FPO address.... did anyone use an FPO address on any USCIS forms before?

and its the most difficult task ever to be a military wife.... this is our second deployment and it hurts so much seeing your loved one leave again.... May God be with all the Military Personnel no matter where they are!!

We used an APO address on ours, and he got the NOA1 just fine. Be prepared for it to take a bit longer though, ours took 11 days, I suppose it depends where your husband is. Tom works in the mail centre in Bahrain where all the mail goes before being sent to troops in the Middle East. If your husband is in the Middle East it will go through there first so it probably will take a day or two more than what ours took.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malta
Timeline

We used an APO address on ours, and he got the NOA1 just fine. Be prepared for it to take a bit longer though, ours took 11 days, I suppose it depends where your husband is. Tom works in the mail centre in Bahrain where all the mail goes before being sent to troops in the Middle East. If your husband is in the Middle East it will go through there first so it probably will take a day or two more than what ours took.

Thanks Laura for your reply... my husband is on a ship which is deployed right now....we sent our papers while we were in hawaii were my husband is stationed.... im so glad that it wont be a problem since it is an APO address.... its been already 15 days since the papers arrived at the chicago lockbox and still no NOA but hopefullly we ll be getting it soon.... fingers crossed!! :)

Thanks again girl!

N400 sent : 2012-10-27

Check Cashed : 2012-11-05

Bio Appointment : 2012-11-23

Walk-In Biometrics : 2012-11-14

Interview Appointment : 2013-04-12

Approved : 2013-04-12

Oath Ceremony : 2013-06-28

as1cCET0g410010MjA0MDk1c3wwMTMxbHxTaW5jZ

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

There does not seem to be a ton of military families here, but I will check in regardless.

My name is Jessica and I am a Marine. My husband and I met in 2007 when I took a personal trip to Italy for family reasons.

So far, the only advantage that we have had is the free ise of an immigration lawyer. She seems very competent and I am optimistic. So many people tell me that our Visa app. should take less time because I am military, but I don't think that is the case! I just sent my 130 and it has not been "touched" yet. We will see!

Gli ostacoli non mi fermano. Ogni ostacolo può essere superato con convinzione. -Da Vinci

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.