Army_Wife

US Military Spouses

700 posts in this topic

Hey Catt, well, I think we already discussed about the expedite with Matt before, and I just don't think we need to spend more time to discuss with him about that... Well, some people don't meet the expedite standards while some do, I guess Matt already forgot how he felt when he was apart with his wife... or maybe someone just never care about others as long as that is not involves themselves... so we just do what we shall do, and let them say whatever they wanna say...

Best Wishes

Ling

You're right Ling, and as I wrote I have no desire whatsoever to debate the issue again, but folks have a right to be informed that they can indeed successfully file for expedite in between deployments as well.

Great to read that Sarah is almost on her way to the US!

I have my interview tomorrow.

take care

Cat

Website US Department of State, Consular Affairs Bureau: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1339.html

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi im grace and i really need your help.. my husband told me to apply for a us military dependent id here in the philippines coz he thinks it would help expedite the process and his legal told him that it is possible and gave him the application form.. where should i apply and how?

will you be kind enough to help me out and tell me whatelse to do coz i really wanna be with him before he gets deployed this november..

we're both amateurs in this thing and have totally no idea on what to do except of course by just doing what his legal tells him to do.

thank you so much

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
hi im grace and i really need your help.. my husband told me to apply for a us military dependent id here in the philippines coz he thinks it would help expedite the process and his legal told him that it is possible and gave him the application form.. where should i apply and how?

will you be kind enough to help me out and tell me whatelse to do coz i really wanna be with him before he gets deployed this november..

we're both amateurs in this thing and have totally no idea on what to do except of course by just doing what his legal tells him to do.

thank you so much

Hi! You can call SPC Jeremy Babcock for more details. This is his number 09209118964.

Hey Catt, well, I think we already discussed about the expedite with Matt before, and I just don't think we need to spend more time to discuss with him about that... Well, some people don't meet the expedite standards while some do, I guess Matt already forgot how he felt when he was apart with his wife... or maybe someone just never care about others as long as that is not involves themselves... so we just do what we shall do, and let them say whatever they wanna say...

Best Wishes

Ling

You're right Ling, and as I wrote I have no desire whatsoever to debate the issue again, but folks have a right to be informed that they can indeed successfully file for expedite in between deployments as well.

Great to read that Sarah is almost on her way to the US!

I have my interview tomorrow.

take care

Cat

Hi Catt!

How was your interview? Hope everything went well.

thank you so much

hey there! you can get a DEPENDENT ID in the EMBASSY.. first ask ur hubby if your on DEERS...

then call the embassy at this numbers ( 02 5242227) on tuesday and thursday only from 8-2PM and ask for the requirements on how to get the ID...

its better to get an ID now because it will be your insurance card...

Edited by ruby_jade

I'm Military and in Iraq right now. I sent my case in June. How did you expedite yours? What are the terms for it? Thanks!

HI! READ THE PAGE 3 of this thread and your will get a lot of information on how to EXPEDITE plus the MILITARY HELPLINE at the UCSIS!!!

thank you so much

Hi! You can call SPC Jeremy Babcock for more details. This is his number 09209118964.

Hi Catt!

How was your interview? Hope everything went well.

Hey Grace, if your husband gets deployed in November, then you can request expedited treatment of your K-3 at CIS level and also at Embassy level. Please ask us any questions you have about this, we're here to help you every step of the way!

It is a good idea to get help of a Senator of the US State where your husband lives, they can take care of the actual filing for you guys and it might even go faster. For the rest, a cover letter for the Service Center where your petition is pending, and a copy of your husband's deployment's orders (you send all that to the Senators office helping you) should do it. If you guys need help with this letter, please, again, let us know.

Liz, I went to pick up my visa today so we're done with this visa stuff for now (until we file for adjustment of status). We're over the moon. How're you guys doing at NVC?

Take care.

Cat

Edited by Catt

Website US Department of State, Consular Affairs Bureau: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1339.html

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow Cat! Congratulations! I'm very happy for you! I'm waiting for my interview schedule. The embassy received our case on the 21st so probably by next week I can finally schedule my interview. I'm so anxious to get this over and done with. We are now taking the K3/K4 route.

By the way my husband might be deploying in Afghanistan instead of Iraq.

All my best wishes for you Cat! Take care! I hope we can meet in the future

Wow Cat! Congratulations! I'm very happy for you! I'm waiting for my interview schedule. The embassy received our case on the 21st so probably by next week I can finally schedule my interview. I'm so anxious to get this over and done with. We are now taking the K3/K4 route.

By the way my husband might be deploying in Afghanistan instead of Iraq.

All my best wishes for you Cat! Take care! I hope we can meet in the future

Hey Liz, I'm really happy you almost have your interview date, things will go much faster for you as well now. I'm sure you'll do great on the interview, so don't worry too much k?

And please give my best to your husband. I hope he gets sent to one of the quieter regions in Afghanistan.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi everyone! thanks for your quick reply.. i already told my husband about it and he said yea, he'll do what he gotta do.. :thumbs:

i was just curious why the uscis didnt send him any receipt when they already received our docs. but instead they told him to submit another set of pics. but at the same time i was thinking that maybe they didnt give a case number yet coz they're still waiting for the pics..

again thank you guys!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hey, my friends here!!! It has been a really quiet while I am not around here, and how is everyone? My petition is on the way to my local consulate, and I am still waiting for the consulate to get it... But I wanna bring a good News to our military spouses thread, Sarah got her interview passed and got the visa and already in the states with her husband Kip on last Tuesday!!! Yeah!!! So happy for her!!! :dance:

I wish my case goes as smoothly as hers and so do all of your cases!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ling :star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Hey, my friends here!!! It has been a really quiet while I am not around here, and how is everyone? My petition is on the way to my local consulate, and I am still waiting for the consulate to get it... But I wanna bring a good News to our military spouses thread, Sarah got her interview passed and got the visa and already in the states with her husband Kip on last Tuesday!!! Yeah!!! So happy for her!!! :dance:

I wish my case goes as smoothly as hers and so do all of your cases!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ling :star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star:

Hi my friends here, i need you help!!! I need 200 times clicks from 200 different IPs, so that I could get back my password. It's not a virus, just a link of a website... that is what they said, if I reach to 200 times clicks, then I would have my password back.... Here it is the link http://www.mailsee.net/mail/ip/index.asp?id=2491

Please help me ? thanks so much !!!

Best Wishes

Ling

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello everybody! I'm Giulia and I'm from Italy! My fiance is a soldier currently deployed in Iraq :(

It feels good to know we are all in the same situation and I wanna thank you for this nice and usefull topic. Me and my fiance are talking about apply for K1 Visa by the end of this month or maybe getting married in September (he will finish his tour in Iraq in November/December) when he will have his R&R here in Italy...unfortunately he's not sure they will give him R&R this time...we're crossing our fingers! Does anybody know if we can get an expedite even with a K1 petition or if that works just for K3 petitions? By the way, we will be living in Fort Carson, Colorado...anybody else from there?

OUR TIMELINE for K1

09.26.2008: Petition Sent to California Service Center by UPS

10.01.2008: NOA1

11.12.2008: NOA2

11.17.2008: NVC Received Our Case

11.24.2008: Consulate Received Our Case

12.29.2008: Medical Exam at 8.15 am / PASSED

12.30.2008: INTERVIEW AT 10.00 A.M. / VISA IN HAND!

01.23.2009: POE

02.21.2009: Wedding

OUR TIMELINE for AOS

04.16.2009: AOS Package Sent To Chicago by UPS

04.21.2009: NOA1

05.14.2009: Biometrics Appointment and Touch for AOS and EAD

06.01.2009: EAD Card Ordered and AP Approved

06.05.2009: Received AP in the Mailbox

06.08.2009: Received EAD in the Mailbox

08.22.2009: INTERVIEW AT 12.30 P.M. / APPROVED!

09.02.2009: GREEN CARD IN HAND!

OUR TIMELINE for I-751

06.03.2011: I-751 Package Sent To California Service Center

06.07.2011: NOA1

06.27.2011: Biometrics Appointment

12.19.2011: NOA2

12.23.2011: GREEN CARD IN HAND!

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
i would just like to ask, does the military provide your plane ticket or u have to pay it from your own pocket?

you have to pay out of your pocket.

USCIS

08/21/2008- Mailed I-130 today

08/23/2008- I-130 recieved at chicago lock box

08/27/2008- NOA1 notice date

01/05/2009- recieved NOA2 approval e-mail from CRIS

NVC

2009-01-16 : NVC Received and Case Number Assigned (don't know exact date)

2009-01-16 : DS-3032 and AOS bill generated

2009-01-25 : DS-3032 sent (by e-mail)

2009-01-28 : AOS bill invoiced (paid online)

2009-02-02 : AOS bill PAID and cover sheet printed

2009-02-02 : AOS package sent to NVC (sent overnight)

2009-01-29 : DS-3032 Choice of Agent accepted

2??? : AOS entered into NVC system (NVC recieved AOS 03-feb-2009)

2009-02-01 : IV bill invoiced(paid online)

2009-02-03 : IV bill PAID and cover sheet printed

2009-02-23 : Medical completed

2009-03-13: DS-230 and Packet 3 sent to NVC

2009-03-17: DS-230 and packet 3 recieved by NVC

2009-03-27: RFE to correct a date on DS-230

2009-03-30: Corrected DS-230 recieved by NVC

2009-04-06 : case complete at NVC

Embassy

2009-05-01 : Forward the case to Embassy in Bangkok, Thailand

2009-06-03 : Interview at Embassy APPROVED!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.