Army_Wife

US Military Spouses

700 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sarah was banned???

Get out of here....for what? I never saw that anywhere. I hope you're kidding!

NATURALIZATION
07-03-2013: Eligible to file
07-22-2013: Application sent (Delivered: 07-24-13)
08-05-2013: NOA1 received (Priority date: 07-24-13, Check cashed: 07-29-13)
08-22-2013: Biometrics (Received: 08-06-13, Walk-in: 08-08-13)
09-03-2013: Inline for interview (Yellow letter received: 10-23-13)
11-04-2013: Interview scheduled (Received: 11-09-13)
12-12-2013: Interview (Approved)
01-03-2014: Oath ceremony, passport application and passport received

DONE!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news ... There was a pretty huge argument that broke out as a result of one of Sarah's posts a few weeks back. It got very heated and eventually quite personal and the next thing we knew Sarah had been given a week ban, I guess to make sure that the topic had chance to die down. I don't know if anyone else involved received a ban as well. She has been such a help to so many of us on here but sadly I don't think she felt like she was getting any support from those that help run the forum. Let’s hope that she will be back sometime in the future. In the mean time I think it would be a real shame for people to stop talking about the expedites and helping each other achieve them.

Best Wishes

Bex xxx

I-129F

12.03.08 ~ NOA1

12.05.08 ~ NOA2

06.06.08 ~ Packet 3

18.06.08 ~ Packet 4

25.06.08 ~ Medical

11.07.08 ~ Interview - Approved!

22.07.08 ~ POE Atlanta

K1 = 3months, 29days

AOS

07.11.08 ~ NOA 1 - AOS, EAD, AP

24.11.08 ~ Transferred to CSC

28.11.08 ~ Biometrics

31.12.08 ~ EAD/AP Approved :)

23.03.09 ~ RFE

06.04.09 ~ RFE response delivered to CSC

22.04.09 ~ Card production ordered

01.05.09 ~ Conditional GC arrived in the mail

Permanent Residence = 5months, 15days

Hi Mrs Hooks.

Sarah's ban has ended now but I think she has decided not to come back because of the way she was treated. Sadly that whole argument got a bit out of control, although it may have seemed like she was banned for helping us, it wasn't about the expedites it was more about the topic which Sarah had started and some of the comments that were made. Please don't let this stop you talking to others about the expedite process; Sarah was making a real break through educating people about them before she left and if we start feeling like we can’t talk about it openly then others wont be able to benefit from the success you guys have had.

I hope that your all well, have a great weekend and Congratulations again.

Bex xxx

Thanks Bex. i just hope one day sarah will pop out in the forum to give again some advice, she help me alot and lots of military spouse... bex Question "IF I APPLIED FOR POLICE CLEARANCE DO I NEED TO USE MY MARRIED LASTNAME OR MY OLD SINGLE LASTNAME...thanks..

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-130 Sent : 01-15-2008

I-130 NOA1 : 02-12-2008

I-130 Approved : 06-02-2008

NVC Received : 06-16-2008

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 07-01-2008

Pay I-864 Bill 07-01-2008

Return Completed DS-3032 : 07-01-2008

IV fee bill- 08-06-2008

IV FEE PAID- 08-08-2008

IV PACKET SENT 08-11-2008

NVC recive mail 08-13-2008

NVC COMPLETE CASE- 08-21-2008

CASE EXPEDITE FOR EARLY INTERVIEW IN USEM

waiting for nvc to forward in usem,,,

NVC SEND OUT THE CASE GOING TO US EMBASSY MANILA- SEPT 08 2008- via dhl

EMBASSY RECVD THE DOCS. SEPT. 11-2008 sign by Manuel... *waiting for embassy's call*

PAID THE DELBROS- SEPT 16 2008

MEDICAL- SEPT 17 3008 "passed"

INTERVIEW- OCT 03 2008 *PASSED PINK SLIP ONLY*

called embassy to for visa follow up..*visa is printed waiting for release*

*recived txt from delbros they are ready to dispatch the visa,* -OCT 06 2008

*visa was deliverd *OCT-07-2008* 9:30am

VISA IN HAND 10-07-2008 ********************************

ATTEND AND COMPLETE CFO SEMINAR- OCT 08 08

GOT SON'S EXIT PERMIT -OCT 08 08

POE. OCT 17- 2008.. DETROIT.* Whoop whoop!!!

*FINNALY LIVING TOGETHER AS A FAMILY

**RECIVE SSN CARD**dec 2008

**RECIVE THE GREEN CARD**DEC 4 2008**

**********GLAD IS ALL IN MY HANDS***************

http://melodyhooks32.blogspot.com/

http://myspace.com/mheds_hooks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Hi Ling

Sorry I haven't been around so much, I have started back at my job and am trying to get lots ready for the move. I'm so pleased our application is moving forward. Were hoping for an interview date before the end of July so not long to go now.

I hope you and Brian are well. What are you guys waiting for now?

Happy Friday guys!

Bex xxx

Hi Bex,

Brian and me are doing ok, we just spent our first marriage anniversary :D His parents mailed the I-864 fee for us and I email the DS3032 to NVC last week, my case status hasn't changed as I-864 fee paid yet, so I guess I would still have to wait... :( I wish you a nice interview and get approved in the interview :star:

take care

ling

Timeline
Hi Mrs Hooks.

Sarah's ban has ended now but I think she has decided not to come back because of the way she was treated. Sadly that whole argument got a bit out of control, although it may have seemed like she was banned for helping us, it wasn't about the expedites it was more about the topic which Sarah had started and some of the comments that were made. Please don't let this stop you talking to others about the expedite process; Sarah was making a real break through educating people about them before she left and if we start feeling like we can't talk about it openly then others wont be able to benefit from the success you guys have had.

I hope that your all well, have a great weekend and Congratulations again.

Bex xxx

Thanks Bex. i just hope one day sarah will pop out in the forum to give again some advice, she help me alot and lots of military spouse... bex Question "IF I APPLIED FOR POLICE CLEARANCE DO I NEED TO USE MY MARRIED LASTNAME OR MY OLD SINGLE LASTNAME...thanks..

Hi Melody,

I used my maiden name when I applied for that and I have to apply for that again since my this one expried :wacko:

Also as last time you asked me what should be contained in AOS package, I told you parts of it, and just found out the complete one as to the following

· I -864 Coversheet with barcode

· Form I-864EZ (optional)

· 2007 Federal Tax Return and W2 (including Form 1099's)

· 2006 Tax Transcript

· 2005 Tax Transcript

· Employment letter

· Pay stubs from the most recent six months

and a I-864 cover letter, you don't have to prepare I-864 cover letter, the reason we made it is to make the package looks completed, and easy to know what are in the package, and here's the sample of the cover letter(from Jame's shortcut)

PETITIONER Name

ADDRESS

YOUR PHONE

National Visa Center

ATTN: CMR

32 Rochester Avenue

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2909

Re: NVC Case Number

Sub: Submitting petition I-864EZ for my spouse who lives in VIETNAM

Spouse Name:

Spouse DOB:

Dear Sir or Madam:

Enclosed please find the Form I-864EZ, Affidavit of Support for my wife ,___________, and supporting documents as follows:

· I -864 Coversheet with barcode

· Form I-864EZ

· 2007 Federal Tax Return and W2 (including Form 1099's)

· 2006 Tax Transcript

· 2005 Tax Transcript

· Employment letter

· Pay stubs from the most recent six months

Please process my petition at your earliest convenience and I am looking forward for an early approval. Thank you for your help.

Yours truly,

YOUR NAME

You could find more infos thru these threads to the following:

Jame's Shortcut (JSC) from James

** Awaiting VSC Approval ?? **, preparation to stop the insanity from SarahJayne

New Fastest NVC Process Final Version - 1.5, From Loto

Good Luck and All of Our VJs Goes Smoothly!!! :star::star::star:

Ling

Timeline
Well guys .... I got approved today!

Thank you for all the support you have given me so far.

Just to let all you military spouses without deployment pending, looming or current, expedites are not impossible .....

You must involve the Commander (the higher up the better) and a Senator and apply for an expedite under National Interest.

Mine was backed up with Financial and Humanitarian, but I know that they didn't really bother reading past the Colonel's letter stating the importance of the expedite.

Of course no expedite is guaranteed, but my case shows that it is possible.

Everyone in the military regardless of rank is very important to the mission .... the mission being the protection of the United States (whether they are deployed or not) .... this comes under National Interest.

Now, I'd better get my ####### in gear for NVC

:dancing::dancing:

Hi everyone,

I second this advice.

My husband and I filed petitions for K-3 visa and they were pending at Vermont.

Our Senator`s office filed our expedite request on grounds of DOD National Interest this morning. In less than half an hour (!), they got a telephone call from USCIS that the expedite was approved.

This evening, less than 12 hours later, both our I-130 and I-129F got approved, we just received the emails from CRIS.

My husband just got back from deployment and hasn`t received his new deployment orders yet, so at first, after reading how tough it is to get an expedite, we weren`t even going to try.

However, after Sarah got a positive, we figured we would give it a try. And we got a yes in record time.

So if you are a military spouse, please do not listen to anyone that tells you that you need actual deployment orders in hand, since that is not (no longer) true.

Expedites are exceptional, and there is no guarantee for getting your expedite request approved. But our case getting approved in less than a day, and of course Sarahs case, proves it is not impossible.

Just draft your letter carefully, get help from your (spouses) CO and a Senator or Congressman, and read Sarah`s expedite tips in another thread.

And good luck, if you decide to try.

Cat

Hello Bex.

Thank's we recive the NOTICE FINALLY . we havent called NVC if they recive our application.. i want to thank LING, SARAH.."well sarah was been banned cos of helping some of us,, i just wonder why they did it???

wish me luck in my NVC journey

You're welcome Melody. Btw, I just posted you some more infos about the immigrant stuffs on Page 17 here.

:star:

ling

Timeline
HUH SARAH IS BAN????????????????????????????????????

WHAT THE HELL???

what happened????????????????????? :angry::angry::angry:

Hi Ruby.

How are you doing? Sarah was not banned, she was suspended... Maybe she won't be back here since the way she was treated...

take care

ling

WHAT THE HELL???

Hi Ruby.

How are you doing? Sarah was not banned, she was suspended... Maybe she won't be back here since the way she was treated...

take care

ling

YEAY.. LING THANKS U SO MUCH>>>>>hehehehehehehehehehe Cant wait till i can start this NVC journey....Hubby will be visiting me NExt MONTH,,,whoop whoop.....Im copying the instruction u make.. :dance: :dance: :dance::thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-130 Sent : 01-15-2008

I-130 NOA1 : 02-12-2008

I-130 Approved : 06-02-2008

NVC Received : 06-16-2008

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 07-01-2008

Pay I-864 Bill 07-01-2008

Return Completed DS-3032 : 07-01-2008

IV fee bill- 08-06-2008

IV FEE PAID- 08-08-2008

IV PACKET SENT 08-11-2008

NVC recive mail 08-13-2008

NVC COMPLETE CASE- 08-21-2008

CASE EXPEDITE FOR EARLY INTERVIEW IN USEM

waiting for nvc to forward in usem,,,

NVC SEND OUT THE CASE GOING TO US EMBASSY MANILA- SEPT 08 2008- via dhl

EMBASSY RECVD THE DOCS. SEPT. 11-2008 sign by Manuel... *waiting for embassy's call*

PAID THE DELBROS- SEPT 16 2008

MEDICAL- SEPT 17 3008 "passed"

INTERVIEW- OCT 03 2008 *PASSED PINK SLIP ONLY*

called embassy to for visa follow up..*visa is printed waiting for release*

*recived txt from delbros they are ready to dispatch the visa,* -OCT 06 2008

*visa was deliverd *OCT-07-2008* 9:30am

VISA IN HAND 10-07-2008 ********************************

ATTEND AND COMPLETE CFO SEMINAR- OCT 08 08

GOT SON'S EXIT PERMIT -OCT 08 08

POE. OCT 17- 2008.. DETROIT.* Whoop whoop!!!

*FINNALY LIVING TOGETHER AS A FAMILY

**RECIVE SSN CARD**dec 2008

**RECIVE THE GREEN CARD**DEC 4 2008**

**********GLAD IS ALL IN MY HANDS***************

http://melodyhooks32.blogspot.com/

http://myspace.com/mheds_hooks

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news ... There was a pretty huge argument that broke out as a result of one of Sarah's posts a few weeks back. It got very heated and eventually quite personal and the next thing we knew Sarah had been given a week ban, I guess to make sure that the topic had chance to die down. I don't know if anyone else involved received a ban as well. She has been such a help to so many of us on here but sadly I don't think she felt like she was getting any support from those that help run the forum. Let’s hope that she will be back sometime in the future. In the mean time I think it would be a real shame for people to stop talking about the expedites and helping each other achieve them.

Best Wishes

Bex xxx

Exactly, Bex! Expedites due to DOD National Interest are indeed possible for military spouses, regardless of deployment orders.

Maybe some people do not like such expedites being filed, but I say screw that. USCIS approves such requests and that is really all that matters. It gives us a chance to be with our spouses sooner in the precious time that they are home from deployment.

If anyone wants more info about this expedite, then please do not hesitate to send me a message.

BTW this not only works at USCIS, but also NVC.

And I hope Sarah will be back on the forum eventually.

Cat

Website US Department of State, Consular Affairs Bureau: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1339.html

I don't know how your police certificates work I'm afraid. Here in the UK they have a box for you to put in your maiden name in if you are married. The police cert should cover both your names though, I would try posting in the Philippines thread to get a definite answer.

Ling - CONGRATULATIONS! I can't wait till Alan and I are counting down to our first Anniversary. I hope that everything goes smoothly from this point forward.

No one be afraid to get in touch if there is anything I can help with.

Take Care

Bex xxx

I-129F

12.03.08 ~ NOA1

12.05.08 ~ NOA2

06.06.08 ~ Packet 3

18.06.08 ~ Packet 4

25.06.08 ~ Medical

11.07.08 ~ Interview - Approved!

22.07.08 ~ POE Atlanta

K1 = 3months, 29days

AOS

07.11.08 ~ NOA 1 - AOS, EAD, AP

24.11.08 ~ Transferred to CSC

28.11.08 ~ Biometrics

31.12.08 ~ EAD/AP Approved :)

23.03.09 ~ RFE

06.04.09 ~ RFE response delivered to CSC

22.04.09 ~ Card production ordered

01.05.09 ~ Conditional GC arrived in the mail

Permanent Residence = 5months, 15days

Timeline
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news ... There was a pretty huge argument that broke out as a result of one of Sarah's posts a few weeks back. It got very heated and eventually quite personal and the next thing we knew Sarah had been given a week ban, I guess to make sure that the topic had chance to die down. I don't know if anyone else involved received a ban as well. She has been such a help to so many of us on here but sadly I don't think she felt like she was getting any support from those that help run the forum. Let's hope that she will be back sometime in the future. In the mean time I think it would be a real shame for people to stop talking about the expedites and helping each other achieve them.

Best Wishes

Bex xxx

Exactly, Bex! Expedites due to DOD National Interest are indeed possible for military spouses, regardless of deployment orders.

Maybe some people do not like such expedites being filed, but I say screw that. USCIS approves such requests and that is really all that matters. It gives us a chance to be with our spouses sooner in the precious time that they are home from deployment.

If anyone wants more info about this expedite, then please do not hesitate to send me a message.

BTW this not only works at USCIS, but also NVC.

And I hope Sarah will be back on the forum eventually.

Cat

Thank you so much , Cat, I hope Sarah will be back on here too then this forum is completed.

best wishes

ling

Timeline

WHAT THE HELL???

Hi Ruby.

take care

ling

YEAY.. LING THANKS U SO MUCH>>>>>hehehehehehehehehehe Cant wait till i can start this NVC journey....Hubby will be visiting me NExt MONTH,,,whoop whoop.....Im copying the instruction u make.. :dance::dance::dance::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I am so happy for you cause your husband will be visiting you soon!!! Enjoy the times with your husband... duhh, I know you would....heheh... :thumbs: Mmm... I wish I could be with my husband too next month... I know he will finish his mission overseas and safely back to my arms :star::star::star:

LOTS OF LUCKS TO ME AND MY HUSBAND AND ALL OF YOU AND YOUR LOVE ONES HERE!!! :star::star::star:

Ling

Timeline

I don't know how your police certificates work I'm afraid. Here in the UK they have a box for you to put in your maiden name in if you are married. The police cert should cover both your names though, I would try posting in the Philippines thread to get a definite answer.

Ling - CONGRATULATIONS! I can't wait till Alan and I are counting down to our first Anniversary. I hope that everything goes smoothly from this point forward.

No one be afraid to get in touch if there is anything I can help with.

Take Care

Bex xxx

(F) thanks Bex... I wish you and Alan have a wonderful first Anniversary (wink wink)

ling

Maybe some people do not like such expedites being filed, but I say screw that.

Wow...

A military member trying to petition his spouse is in absolutely no way a DoD National Interest.

The main purpose of a military expedite is to allow a couple to establish residence before the military member deploys.

I find it very hard to believe that a Commander would sign off on a petition to expedite a spousal visa as a National Interest.

21FUNNY.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.