Army_Wife

US Military Spouses

700 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Hi, every one here!!! and Mrs Hooks,

Here was what we did about our expedite, as you see my timeline, we got our NOA1 for I-130 on Feb 19, and we didn't know anything about the military expedite before, and we were sitting around waiting for almost 2 months, until Apr 7, I asked my husband to call the 1-800 number for the case status and what we need to do for the rest. As my husband called them, there was a woman answered the phone, as my husband said, he thinks the woman worked in military too since he could tell that from her way talking. The first thing my husband told her was he's deploying in Iraq, and wanted his wife to be in the states when he comes back from R&R or finish his mission in Iraq. And as soon as the woman knew he's deploying in Iraq, she gave my husband a serial number and told him she would fax our case, and asking for expedite. and then on May 9, we got email notice asked for addition information, and the respond required in 20 calendar days, and my husband faxed what they need to them as soon as he read the email within 2 hours. On May 12, our expedite approved. and On May 13 they have it in the mail.

Those were all we did for our expedite, we didn't call the military helpline, we just called the 1-800 number, and I think for your case you could have your husband call the 1-800 or the Military Helpline 1-877-247-4645, tell them your situation and apply for the expedite. And here are what they asked for in the email to the following:

Documents may include: a complete description of the emergent personal

reasons for this expedite: a letter you have written and signed

explaining to the service why you need this case worked in an expedited

manner: a copy of your military orders or a letter from your commanding

officer regarding your deployment / situation: or any other information you

would like to submit to support your expedite request. If you submit a

document in any language other than English, it must be completely

translated. The translator must certify that the translation is accurate

and that he or she is competent to translate.

Note: You must submit the requested foreign language document along

with the translation.

Hope this may help you, waiting for your good News!!! :yes:

Ling

Hello ling...

Thank you for the Information u gave,, My husband is in Iraq now and someoen told me that they might denied it.. but i have some situation that my they consider i already contact the Rear D of my husbands unit and the said that they are willing to to help out as much they can.. im hoping that when i call a shot in the expedite they will reconsider me... cos i seems like waiting like forever.. im getting stress and inpatient now.. thank u all the military wife....

Hi Hooks,

You're welcome... Just hope my experience could help a bit for those who needs it... and we're waiting for your good news!!!

Best Wishes,

Ling

Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I haven't been around here for a while, the network in my city is driving me crazy... expecially my emails, I couldn't even check my emails in the past few days... this is terrible and even now i still have keep refreshing my browser so that I could check and reply here... but at least it gets better than the past few days...

I am thinking of having a new thread for sharing all the interview experiences so that we could help more people need it or about to need it... Everything goes well on your sides!!!

Best Wishes,

Ling

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi, I am Nadine, I am also a military spouse. We are currently stationed at Barksdale AFB, LA, but about to PCS to Baumholder, Germany.

I have a quick question: I just recieved my conditional greencard in March 2008. I know that in general my time in Germany won't count against me and that I still meet the residence requirements in order to lift conditions.

But how does it work if I want to travel back to the US after being outside the country for more than a year? Usually I would need a re-entry permit, but how is it for the military? I was told I only need a copy of my husbands orders (with my name on it of course) and I shouldn't have any problems at the border. Is that true?

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Timeline
anybody in here who tried to expedite their application due to incoming deployment of your spouse and had a sample letter from their commanding officer detailing their deployment. we are bound to go to iraq on sometime late this year but so far no deployment orders yet.

I don't know of sample letter from a CO for expediting without orders, but I'm sure if you have your CO write a letter including the required letterhead and he/she details that your are being deployed on such and such a date .... and orders are not available at this time .... along with stating that the expedite is important to the soldier's wellbeing and moral under the criteria of 'National Interest' you should be ok.

Obviously if would be good to mention that if the process is not expedited it would cause undue stress to the soldier and affect his mission and therefore putting his and the lives of others around him at risk .... all of which is perfectly true.

There isn't a lot they can say to that apart from approved , is there?

Goodluck to you two and I hope it gets resolved soon .... waiting for orders can sometimes be a bit of a joke especially when they are required.

Sarah x

Hi, I am Nadine, I am also a military spouse. We are currently stationed at Barksdale AFB, LA, but about to PCS to Baumholder, Germany.

I have a quick question: I just recieved my conditional greencard in March 2008. I know that in general my time in Germany won't count against me and that I still meet the residence requirements in order to lift conditions.

But how does it work if I want to travel back to the US after being outside the country for more than a year? Usually I would need a re-entry permit, but how is it for the military? I was told I only need a copy of my husbands orders (with my name on it of course) and I shouldn't have any problems at the border. Is that true?

Hi Nadine,

Have you thought about using those PCS orders to expedite the process for citizenship ???

That way you'll have your passport and not have to worry about it all.

From what I understand of the process ... as long as you hold a greencard (even with conditions) .... and there is the military involved .... especially with PCS orders .... you should be able to expedite your citizenship process.

Do discuss this with the CO as he can get involved in that process quite happily.

Sorry I haven't been on your website lately, it's all been a bit manic .... I hope you are well

Sarah x

Edited by KipandSarahJayne

Congratulations Ling!!!! Well done :dance::dance:

More super news, first it's Bex and now it's you ..... will more of them come quickly ???

I wonder who could be next ?????

Sarah x

I agree, next one would be you Sarah!!! :yes:

Best Wishes

Ling

I hope you're right Ling .... am here waiting with baited breath.

Pleased you're ok with the earthquakes, they were quite bad .... my heart goeas out to all involved in them.

Sarah x

Hi Everyone,

I haven't been around here for a while, the network in my city is driving me crazy... expecially my emails, I couldn't even check my emails in the past few days... this is terrible and even now i still have keep refreshing my browser so that I could check and reply here... but at least it gets better than the past few days...

I am thinking of having a new thread for sharing all the interview experiences so that we could help more people need it or about to need it... Everything goes well on your sides!!!

Best Wishes,

Ling

nice to hear from you ling, i was a litte bit worry about you .. LOL

and thanks for the message in myspace

you take care!! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi Nadine,

Have you thought about using those PCS orders to expedite the process for citizenship ???

From what I understand of the process ... as long as you hold a greencard (even with conditions) .... and there is the military involved .... especially with PCS orders .... you should be able to expedite your citizenship process.

Do discuss this with the CO as he can get involved in that process quite happily.

Sorry I haven't been on your website lately, it's all been a bit manic .... I hope you are well

Sarah x

Hey!

No, I haven't thought about that. I am not even sure if or wen I want to apply for citizenship. For now I am thinking I will only do it if I can keep my german citizenship. So I am in no rush with that.

I just need to know about the travelling part right now.

But thanks for pointing that out, I never thought a PCS would be reason to expedite citizenship. I don't even think it helps expediting the removal of conditions. I am not even married for two years at this point. lol.

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Hi Nadine,

Sarah x

Hey!

No, I haven't thought about that. I am not even sure if or wen I want to apply for citizenship. For now I am thinking I will only do it if I can keep my german citizenship. So I am in no rush with that.

I just need to know about the travelling part right now.

But thanks for pointing that out, I never thought a PCS would be reason to expedite citizenship. I don't even think it helps expediting the removal of conditions. I am not even married for two years at this point. lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if you're able to keep your German Citizenship too as U.K. people can.

Yes, PCS orders will be enough (I'm pretty sure) to be able to expedite citizenship.

My Husband's CO said all I would need is my greencard, conditions or not.

Hi All,

I haven't posted in a while, so much going on it's really hectic right now. My K3 interview was on Friday, I was approved, Consulate should issue by today and I will have it tomorrow. I plan to leave South Africa on Sunday, 25th............ My husband is jumping out of his skin with excitement (and I am not far behind) :-) So, the next time I post will be from my new home.

Thanks for your guidance, we'll keep you in our prayers. Take care,

Nadia

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hi all,

I am a military wife too. We met when I was living in Belgium and he was stationed in Germany. We both went to watch dragraces in Bitburg.

I would have never found this threat if it weren't by accident... I came to the states on a K-1 so would never ever have looked at IR-1 / CR-1...

Maybe it is a good idea to put it in the "off topic" area so more people will actually see it? There are loads of military spouses on VJ but not all are IR-1 / CR-1 and will never even think about looking in those topics...

Just my 0.2cents

4ce772a081.png

Hi all,

I am a military wife too. We met when I was living in Belgium and he was stationed in Germany. We both went to watch dragraces in Bitburg.

I would have never found this threat if it weren't by accident... I came to the states on a K-1 so would never ever have looked at IR-1 / CR-1...

Maybe it is a good idea to put it in the "off topic" area so more people will actually see it? There are loads of military spouses on VJ but not all are IR-1 / CR-1 and will never even think about looking in those topics...

Just my 0.2cents

Have been trying to get our own forum as our processing is extremely different at times .... but no go, so far.

If everyone contacts VJ to get our own forum, that would be brilliant as they ignored me, 3 times.

Even off topic won't make it easier .... I'm one of those that doesn't venture into the off topic area ... our own forum is the only way to go.

Timeline
Hi Everyone,

Best Wishes,

Ling

nice to hear from you ling, i was a litte bit worry about you .. LOL

and thanks for the message in myspace

you take care!! :)

Hi Ruby, well... thanks for the concerning, I am still having problems with my internet network, everytime when I click any link in VJ, it would take me almost 5 minutes to direct me to next page... Kinda crazy eh? well, I've been complaining enough for this and I wished to throw this computer to the street sometimes even if it's not its fault... I wonder what more could I do when it takes forever for me to reach next page other than singing... la la la la.... :whistle::whistle::whistle: lol

take care

Ling

Timeline
Congratulations Ling!!!! Well done :dance::dance:

More super news, first it's Bex and now it's you ..... will more of them come quickly ???

I wonder who could be next ?????

Sarah x

I agree, next one would be you Sarah!!! :yes:

Best Wishes

Ling

I hope you're right Ling .... am here waiting with baited breath.

Pleased you're ok with the earthquakes, they were quite bad .... my heart goeas out to all involved in them.

Sarah x

Ohhhh... hi, Sarah!!! I am so excited to reach to this page to reply you... drives me crazy for taking almost 10 minutes go reach to this page... it's crazy and I am crazy too... Well, let's expect for the best about the Visa things... My husband is in Iraq now, and it drives me crazy too even if the petition was sent to NVC... They still need some small paperwork from my husband and with his personal signature too... I wonder how he could do that since he is not in the states ...

But anyway. We hope you hear something good for your petition and it will go smoothly as I hope it will be this way for everyone else here too!!!

Ling

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Just writing in to say hello to everyone. I enjoyed all of the stories.

I got married in March and am awaiting out marriage cert so I can DCF here in Toronto.

I am AD USAF...my husband is AD Canadian Forces but will soon be putting in a request to be released.

We are stationed here in Canada due to leave in 2009.

Good luck to everyone!!

Rena

Edited by Reeena

Our Journey

6 June 2008- Mailed I130 to Toronto (DCF)

7 Nov 2008- I130 approved in Toronto!!

21 Nov 2008- Received Packet 3 from Montreal

4 Jan 2009- Mailed Packet back

9 Feb 2009- Medical in Toronto

24 Apr 2009- Interview in Montreal...Approved!!!

30 Apr 2009- Received Visa... few hours later crossed to border for the 6 day drive to Utah!!

6 Apr 2009- Arrived at our new HOME!!

13 May 2009- Welcome letter received

19 May 2009- Went to social security office and "applied" for SSN

22 May 2009- SS Card arrived in mail!! (I guess they did send in the paperwork at the interview...)

???????<<<<waiting for GC>>>>>>

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.