Army_Wife

US Military Spouses

700 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Sorry to hear that.. The NVC seems to be more open to expedites though, so that's at least something. Well, it took about 5 months for my I-130 to get approved, so yours should be too any day now!

I'm thinking 4 - 6 weeks at the latest, hopefully :unsure: ... if it's earlier that would be brilliant.

Thankfully like you say NVC seem more open to expedites, also they said they can do the interview and medical concurrently for military, so we're hoping to shave a couple of months off that way too ... I just hope they honour that point.

Time is really of the essence for us and I'm just doing the best I can UK side to be prepared to get on a plane before the ink is dry on my passport stamp.

Thankyou for the support, I really appreciate it :yes:

Hi to all! I am also a military wife who just got married and im happy to all find you here.

Question: My husband is PCS overseas(Qatar), we just got married and he is leaving in a month back to US. Can we apply DCF since he is stationed here for 11 months now?

Any input would help. Thank you.

Net

Hi to all! I am also a military wife who just got married and im happy to all find you here.

Question: My husband is PCS overseas(Qatar), we just got married and he is leaving in a month back to US. Can we apply DCF since he is stationed here for 11 months now?

Net

You'll need to double check with the Embassy in Qatar, but I personally think it will be fine as normally you only have to be resident for 6 months, some places it's 3.

Call them up and ask them the residency requirements when you ask for the CR1/IR1 applications.

Better still see if they have a website and if it's posted on there.

I'll be surprised if they have anything more than 6 months of residency.

Congratulations on your marriage.

Do remember, you'll need to stay behind while this process takes it's time ..... do not be tempted to PCS back to the US with him .... I've heard of spouses who did that from Base Commanders, and the poor women and children incurred bans of between 3-10 years following deportation, the Commander cannot do a thing to intervene it either.

DCF at least will be quicker.

Hi Camille,

Wonderful to hear from you ..... yes, Ruby's idea is great. You could put down his parent's number. From what I gather, they tend not to ring you up .... it looks like just a tick box item.

Expedites for military ..... trust me, I'm looking at every loophole possible .... so far, it's only deployment .... actually, I've had an idea !!! Both you and Ruby have deployed husbands ..... so far, I can't find anything which states you can't apply for an expedite after your husband is deployed ..... :idea: .... so, both of you guys can get a copy of your husband's deployment orders .... plonk that in with the I-130 application .... and in big red letters on a cover page, state 'Military Expedite Required .... Deployment Orders Enclosed' ...... you never know, they might just do it!!!!

It's worth a good try, cos the normal way is just silly ..... I'm sitting here waiting for a possible 6 months before approval before going to NVC, and my husband has put his life on the line for his country twice already.

If I was you, I wouldn't hesitate trying it .... the worst they can do is say no, and put you back in with everyone else.

For the I-130, I just sent a handful of emails (not all as there were over 550 at that stage, letters, cards and God knows what else) .... a couple from the early weeks, a couple from in between and a couple of recent ones. It showed the development of the relationship without bogging them down with a packet which is huge ... therefore not taking as long for an adjudicator to approve it once he's read it.

To be honest, I didn't send a lot of relationship proof, apart from the marriage certificate, emails and photos. The cover letter said everything.

I'm now on his life insurance, rental agreement, and he's on mine. The tax form has been updated to married ..... if you have any questions about US tax and how to file without a SSN#, just let me know.

I have so much more to take to the consulate, but know it shouldn't be too necessary being a US Military dependant .... I'm hoping to have Kip with me at interview too .... fingers crossed.

Hope this helps,

Sarah x

Hello there iam a military wife also and we already file we already got our NOA1 last feb 12.2008 our case in VSC and until now we havent hear anything... Im getting impatient cos me and my hubby was living aoart for almost 2 years,, and its sucks cos our sonw as growing up soo fast... is there any possibility to expidite the pettition? my hubby is in iraq rightnow? pls keep in touch,, i would love to talk to you,, thanks

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-130 Sent : 01-15-2008

I-130 NOA1 : 02-12-2008

I-130 Approved : 06-02-2008

NVC Received : 06-16-2008

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 07-01-2008

Pay I-864 Bill 07-01-2008

Return Completed DS-3032 : 07-01-2008

IV fee bill- 08-06-2008

IV FEE PAID- 08-08-2008

IV PACKET SENT 08-11-2008

NVC recive mail 08-13-2008

NVC COMPLETE CASE- 08-21-2008

CASE EXPEDITE FOR EARLY INTERVIEW IN USEM

waiting for nvc to forward in usem,,,

NVC SEND OUT THE CASE GOING TO US EMBASSY MANILA- SEPT 08 2008- via dhl

EMBASSY RECVD THE DOCS. SEPT. 11-2008 sign by Manuel... *waiting for embassy's call*

PAID THE DELBROS- SEPT 16 2008

MEDICAL- SEPT 17 3008 "passed"

INTERVIEW- OCT 03 2008 *PASSED PINK SLIP ONLY*

called embassy to for visa follow up..*visa is printed waiting for release*

*recived txt from delbros they are ready to dispatch the visa,* -OCT 06 2008

*visa was deliverd *OCT-07-2008* 9:30am

VISA IN HAND 10-07-2008 ********************************

ATTEND AND COMPLETE CFO SEMINAR- OCT 08 08

GOT SON'S EXIT PERMIT -OCT 08 08

POE. OCT 17- 2008.. DETROIT.* Whoop whoop!!!

*FINNALY LIVING TOGETHER AS A FAMILY

**RECIVE SSN CARD**dec 2008

**RECIVE THE GREEN CARD**DEC 4 2008**

**********GLAD IS ALL IN MY HANDS***************

http://melodyhooks32.blogspot.com/

http://myspace.com/mheds_hooks

Hello there iam a military wife also and we already file we already got our NOA1 last feb 12.2008 our case in VSC and until now we havent hear anything... Im getting impatient cos me and my hubby was living aoart for almost 2 years,, and its sucks cos our sonw as growing up soo fast... is there any possibility to expidite the pettition? my hubby is in iraq rightnow? pls keep in touch,, i would love to talk to you,, thanks

Hi Mrs. Hooks,

The information is all on this link for you.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=43385

Basically, all you need to do is fax a copy of the orders with a cover letter requesting a military expedite etc. Matt has explained the procedure beautifully in the link above.

You can also call the military helpline number which is my signature and they will also be able to start expedite procedures for you.

Your expedite should be done within a couple of weeks on the outside with USCIS, if not before, and then it needs to be expedited through NVC and Consulate.

You need to do it while your Husband is in Iraq otherwise you won't be able to expedite, so I'd do it quickly.

Sarah x

Net

You'll need to double check with the Embassy in Qatar, but I personally think it will be fine as normally you only have to be resident for 6 months, some places it's 3.

Call them up and ask them the residency requirements when you ask for the CR1/IR1 applications.

Do remember, you'll need to stay behind while this process takes it's time ..... do not be tempted to PCS back to the US with him .... I've heard of spouses who did that from Base Commanders, and the poor women and children incurred bans of between 3-10 years following deportation, the Commander cannot do a thing to intervene it either.

Thanks Sarah. One more thing, if DCF wouldnt be possible for us can we use his new order to expedite our papers?

Net

Thanks Sarah. One more thing, if DCF wouldnt be possible for us can we use his new order to expedite our papers?

Currently the evidence seems to suggest that unless your Husband has or is getting orders to deploy for OIF etc then there is no Military Expedite option.

Do try DCF, at the moment, it's your best bet .... as he's leaving in a month, I'd attempt it ASAP ..... Monday morning 09:00!

Goodluck, and do let us all know how you get on.

Sarah x

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Net

Try DCF...It is your best shot. And maybe the embassy can expedite it for you. No matter what, it is still way faster than going through USCIS. Good luck ^o^

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going."

11/17/2005 Got married in West Lafayette, Indiana

04/09/2008 Filed I-130 (DCF) Received Packet 3

04/14/2008 Received Packet 4 & did medical

04/18/2008 Interview (morning)

04/18/2008 Received IR1 (afternoon)

04/20/2008 POE-received I-551 stamp

04/28/2008 Hubbie's 3rd deployment to Iraq

05/14/2008 Received physical Green Card

04/19/2011 N400 Sent to NSC

04/27/2011 Check cashed

04/30/2011 NOA received

Morning Ladies! (and Gents if your around)

Just a quick note to say .... WE WERE APPROVED! Good vibes working on everyone else now :)

I am so happy :) :) :) :) :) Heres to speedy approvals for everyone still waiting.

Lots of Love

Bex xxx

I-129F

12.03.08 ~ NOA1

12.05.08 ~ NOA2

06.06.08 ~ Packet 3

18.06.08 ~ Packet 4

25.06.08 ~ Medical

11.07.08 ~ Interview - Approved!

22.07.08 ~ POE Atlanta

K1 = 3months, 29days

AOS

07.11.08 ~ NOA 1 - AOS, EAD, AP

24.11.08 ~ Transferred to CSC

28.11.08 ~ Biometrics

31.12.08 ~ EAD/AP Approved :)

23.03.09 ~ RFE

06.04.09 ~ RFE response delivered to CSC

22.04.09 ~ Card production ordered

01.05.09 ~ Conditional GC arrived in the mail

Permanent Residence = 5months, 15days

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Morning Ladies! (and Gents if your around)

Just a quick note to say .... WE WERE APPROVED! Good vibes working on everyone else now :)

I am so happy :) :) :) :) :) Heres to speedy approvals for everyone still waiting.

Lots of Love

Bex xxx

Congratulations! It's so good to hear that!

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going."

11/17/2005 Got married in West Lafayette, Indiana

04/09/2008 Filed I-130 (DCF) Received Packet 3

04/14/2008 Received Packet 4 & did medical

04/18/2008 Interview (morning)

04/18/2008 Received IR1 (afternoon)

04/20/2008 POE-received I-551 stamp

04/28/2008 Hubbie's 3rd deployment to Iraq

05/14/2008 Received physical Green Card

04/19/2011 N400 Sent to NSC

04/27/2011 Check cashed

04/30/2011 NOA received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi Mrs. Hooks,

The information is all on this link for you.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=43385

Basically, all you need to do is fax a copy of the orders with a cover letter requesting a military expedite etc. Matt has explained the procedure beautifully in the link above.

You can also call the military helpline number which is my signature and they will also be able to start expedite procedures for you.

Your expedite should be done within a couple of weeks on the outside with USCIS, if not before, and then it needs to be expedited through NVC and Consulate.

You need to do it while your Husband is in Iraq otherwise you won't be able to expedite, so I'd do it quickly.

Sarah x

Hi, Sarah! How are you doing? I notice the your timeline and first thing grabbed my eyes are the year 2025, and I thought to myself, OMG and I just got so confused... and it finally makes sense to me when I read what's following that... and then I just feel the same here... It really takes forever for USCIS to approve the case, thinking about if they hired me to work for them, I probably will approve 100 cases a day... :lol: expecially the military spouses cases, all get approved... I just spent time with my husband together on his days off, now he gets back to work shift again... I just feel like I am sitting here getting old for waiting for the visa approval...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.