mox

Утвердил!

80 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

That's a great story, congratulations Mox!

I think we can all remember where we were the moment we got our NAO2s... anyone else? Sort of like when Kennedy was shot...

I remember coming back from a long hike on a beautiful Sept. day and finding the email from USCIS (on a Sunday, no less!) saying we'd been approved. I was so shocked that it happened so quickly I remember sitting at my computer and re-reading the email a dozen times before I allowed myself to accept it as fact.

08.24.06 - I-129F sent to VSC

08.30.06 - NOA1

09.01.06 - NOA1 snail mail

09.09.06 - touched

09.15.06 - NAO2 approval via email

09.19.06 - NVC receives package

09.20.06 - NAO2 snail mail

09.26.06 - NVC mails package to US Embassy in Moscow

10.03.06 - Consolate receives package

10.17.06 - Interview prep package received by fiancee

12.12.06 - Approved!

12.16.06 - Picked up visa from DHL office in Moscow

12.20.06 - POE JFK, just in time for the holidays...

02.10.07 - Married, viva Las Vegas!

04.02.07 - AOS mailed

04.10.07 - AOS NAO1 received

05.03.07 - Biometrics @ Varick St., Manhattan

06.05.07 - Request to Appear for Initial Interview received (interview date: July 31)

06.25.07 - EAD card received

06.28.07 - AP document received (thanks for nothin', she'll have her green card before her travel date!)

07.31.07 - Initial interview a breeze!

08.13.07 - Green card arrives in the mail

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Thanks Buck! I talked to Nadya this morning and she was really excited. She said "interview in April?" and I said "I think more like May." She said "I am think April." *sigh* I'm gonna laugh if she's right, but I'm definitely not holding my breath.

Well........ our gals have amazing powers of positive thinking......... so April could be a possibility albeit a longshot. The biggest variable now is how long your petition sits in the CSC out-going mailroom which can be anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks. It just depends...... no rhyme or reason ever given by them. I strongly doubt that you will get hung up at NVC like we did so the turn around there should just be 2 or 3 days.... then add about another 10 days or so for transmittal and receipt by Moscow. The embassy there usually schedules the interview date within a day or 2 of receipt although there is a lag of about a week before it shows up on the embassy webpage listing interview dates.

Still....... the bottom line is that you will be out of the clutches of CSC as soon as they mail your petition to NVC........ and time will move a lot faster now. :D:thumbs:

RUS.GIFNatalia & BuckUS1.GIF

May 02, 2007 - Petition Mailed to Nebraska Service Center (and then transferred to California Service Center)

May 29, 2007 - NOA1: K1

Sep 19, 2007 - NOA2: K1

Nov 02, 2007 - NVC Received Petition from CSC

Dec 13, 2007 - NVC Processing Completed; Petition forwarded to Moscow Consulate

Mar 03, 2008 - Moscow Interview Date: VISA APPROVED

Mar 06, 2008 - VISA's received in Omsk

Mar 24, 2008 - USA Arrival; HALLELUJAH !!!!

May 31, 2008 - MARRIED

Jun 17, 2008 - AOS, EAD, AP Filed - Natalia & Artem (17 yr-old son)

Jun 23, 2008 - NOA1: AOS, EAD, AP - Natalia & Artem

July 15, 2008 - Biometrics: AOS, EAD - Natalia & Artem

DISCLAIMER: ALL VIEWS EXPRESSED BY US ARE NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE NOR DO THEY ESTABLISH AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP.

Filed: Timeline
Thanks Buck! I talked to Nadya this morning and she was really excited. She said "interview in April?" and I said "I think more like May." She said "I am think April." *sigh* I'm gonna laugh if she's right, but I'm definitely not holding my breath.

Well........ our gals have amazing powers of positive thinking......... so April could be a possibility albeit a longshot. The biggest variable now is how long your petition sits in the CSC out-going mailroom which can be anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks. It just depends...... no rhyme or reason ever given by them. I strongly doubt that you will get hung up at NVC like we did so the turn around there should just be 2 or 3 days.... then add about another 10 days or so for transmittal and receipt by Moscow. The embassy there usually schedules the interview date within a day or 2 of receipt although there is a lag of about a week before it shows up on the embassy webpage listing interview dates.

Still....... the bottom line is that you will be out of the clutches of CSC as soon as they mail your petition to NVC........ and time will move a lot faster now. :D:thumbs:

Yeah, it would have to start moving ASAP. Interviews are already being scheduled for April 3rd. Even if it went out within the week, spent a week at NVC, another 10 days in transit, that still puts it at the very end of April in the best case. Early to mid-May is more realistic, possibly even late May to early June.

What happens when the unstoppable force of reality collides with the immovable object that is Nadya's firmly made up mind? God only knows, but for once I'll be glad to be 6,000 miles from the epicenter. :)

Yeah, it would have to start moving ASAP. Interviews are already being scheduled for April 3rd. Even if it went out within the week, spent a week at NVC, another 10 days in transit, that still puts it at the very end of April in the best case. Early to mid-May is more realistic, possibly even late May to early June.

What happens when the unstoppable force of reality collides with the immovable object that is Nadya's firmly made up mind? God only knows, but for once I'll be glad to be 6,000 miles from the epicenter. :)

Capitan,

Here is the way mine went: NOA2 Jan 9th, Arrived NVC Jan 11th, Left NVC Jan 16th, Arrived Moscow Embassy Jan 22nd, Date scheduled and Packet mailed Feb 1st. Date was scheduled for 61 days in the future. So, my guess is that your stuff should arrive there beginning of March and your date will be beginning of May, probaby 1st week. You could be at the end of April, but I think it is a long shot. But, we are only talking a difference of two weeks here, so we are not talking about a big difference in the scheme of things, and let me tell you, once you have your interview date set, the wait is MUCH easier because not only can you see light at the end of the tunnel, you can see outside the tunnel as well!.

--- AOS Timeline ---

07/22/08 --- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

07/25/08 --- NOA for I-131, I-485, and I-765

08/27/08 --- Biometrics

10/01/08 --- AP received

10/14/08 --- EAD received

11/13/08 --- Notice of transfer to CSC

02/09/09 --- Permanent Resident Card Ordered Notice

02/09/09 --- 2 Yr Permanent Resident Card Received

--- Lifting Conditions ---

11/10/10 --- Mailed I-751 packet to VSC

11/12/10 --- NOA1

12/22/10 --- Biometrics

03/15/11 --- RFE

05/10/11 --- Approved

Instead of going out to the bar to get a beer, why don't you stay at home and watch Lifetime you bumbling Mary. You could sit there in your housecoat and furry pink slippers, paint your nails and listen to some Sarah McLachlan while sipping on white zinfandel you Nancy boy.

Just kidding man. I know those tears and the getting choked up were all side effects of the stress relief of getting through the VJ process, not from being all "mushy and stuff" inside.

Congrats! Won't be too long now.... then you can cry about your interview date you sissy!

omg, you had me laughing for several minutes over that post. :lol: Well done. What I had meant to say in my post was that I choked on the ribeye steak I was eating at the time. Yeah, just a little gristle caught in the 'ol wind pipe. I was eating it while riding my John Deere tractor. The one with the beer cooler and gun rack. It happens sometimes when I'm running over hippies. In my tractor.

Right, and that's why I put the "just kidding man" because as I was reading your request for shoulders to cry on and a big box of Kleenex, I could picture you sitting there with a grin on your face; the facetious little farce unfolding on the screen before you, keys being stroked by greasy paws covered with BBQ sauce and the lingering stink of a fine cigar in the air, all witnessed by the towering six-foot grizzly you bagged on your last trip to Russia now stuffed and standing guard in the corner. Poised, and ready for the next approval......... AAAAARGGH!!!!

Watch out hippies! This is a MANLY forum!!!

KIRK - CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND NADYA !!!!!!!!!!!! Time will start moving very fast now. Look out Monterey :dance:

If your girl is anything like mine, she tends to be right about stuff like this. It defies all logic and reason and makes no sense, even to the point of frustration... but, as she already told you, she was right! Why you not listen to her? She is smart girl. She must be tell you everythink?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Right, and that's why I put the "just kidding man" because as I was reading your request for shoulders to cry on and a big box of Kleenex, I could picture you sitting there with a grin on your face; the facetious little farce unfolding on the screen before you, keys being stroked by greasy paws covered with BBQ sauce and the lingering stink of a fine cigar in the air, all witnessed by the towering six-foot grizzly you bagged on your last trip to Russia now stuffed and standing guard in the corner. Poised, and ready for the next approval......... AAAAARGGH!!!!

Watch out hippies! This is a MANLY forum!!!

Yeah, the lady at customs wasn't going to let me bring a live bear on the plane (had him in a headlock, didn't want him dead until after I saw my personal taxidermist), but then I just flexed my pecs, causing my shirt to rip open, made love to her right there at her podium, and after she caught her breath she let me pass. The scrawny computer nerd in the seat next to me had no problem giving up his seat for my bear, and re-located to the lavatory.

If your girl is anything like mine, she tends to be right about stuff like this. It defies all logic and reason and makes no sense, even to the point of frustration... but, as she already told you, she was right! Why you not listen to her? She is smart girl. She must be tell you everythink?

lol. I know what's going to happen. She's going to get the very last interview of the day on the last day of April. And then I will never hear the end of it.

Yeah, the lady at customs wasn't going to let me bring a live bear on the plane (had him in a headlock, didn't want him dead until after I saw my personal taxidermist), but then I just flexed my pecs, causing my shirt to rip open, made love to her right there at her podium, and after she caught her breath she let me pass. The scrawny computer nerd in the seat next to me had no problem giving up his seat for my bear, and re-located to the lavatory.

So you mean to tell me you pleasured a woman whilst holding that bear in a headlock? You sir, you really are the man!

However you may want to seek counseling because now you're technically qualified as beastiali........ wait, I mean an "inter-species eroticist."

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

NVC received my case today, so I am FREE AT LAST of the evil clutches of CSC! Got my NVC case number and everything.

вут!!!

So check this out. The lady was nice to me. She was courteous, helpful, and I swear to god I'm not making this up...she told me to have a nice evening.

Timeline

Oh the way you put things, my friend... perfect deadpan humour! :lol:

Glad to hear you and Nadya are another step forward! :thumbs:

NVC received my case today, so I am FREE AT LAST of the evil clutches of CSC! Got my NVC case number and everything.

вут!!!

So check this out. The lady was nice to me. She was courteous, helpful, and I swear to god I'm not making this up...she told me to have a nice evening.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Oh the way you put things, my friend... perfect deadpan humour! :lol:

Glad to hear you and Nadya are another step forward! :thumbs:

Hehe, thanks. USCIS have left me a quivering jelly of humanity. In all seriousness it was slightly jarring to get such a polite and helpful person on the phone. I think that's when it really sunk in that we're not in Kansas California anymore. I sorta feel like I'm at the top of the first hill on a roller-coaster now.

Timeline

Замечательно!

NVC sent my petition to Moscow today! вут!!!

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Замечательно!

Спасибо. (Замечательно happens to be one of my vocabulary words this week--get out of my head!!!) :D

Oh, and does anyone know off-hand how often they update the interview schedule in Moscow?

Every monday I believe Mox. But it took 2 weeks for them to get to mine in the mailroom.

--- AOS Timeline ---

07/22/08 --- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

07/25/08 --- NOA for I-131, I-485, and I-765

08/27/08 --- Biometrics

10/01/08 --- AP received

10/14/08 --- EAD received

11/13/08 --- Notice of transfer to CSC

02/09/09 --- Permanent Resident Card Ordered Notice

02/09/09 --- 2 Yr Permanent Resident Card Received

--- Lifting Conditions ---

11/10/10 --- Mailed I-751 packet to VSC

11/12/10 --- NOA1

12/22/10 --- Biometrics

03/15/11 --- RFE

05/10/11 --- Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.