TBoneTX

How to Shake Your NOA2 Loose from the CSC

537 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Right! But somewhere in the last 30 pages people have got confused. We have a three monther asking if it's appropriate to use this. That's where it gets messy. No one reads the first post 30 pages in.

It's got to be put in context. I don't think RJ is saying that noone ever without an RFE should use the RFE line. She's saying that there is a possibility of abuse and that as a consequence the line could be shut down.

30 pages on, YOUR advice is being taken out of context and RJ's comments are too. Let's be fair about this.

True! And, regarding the 3-month filer, if I inadequately expressed my opinion (which was influenced by and revised on the basis of the cautionary words from others) that it was most prudent for that filer to wait awhile longer before inquiring via this method, I express this view now. Thank you for so beautifully refocusing the discussion.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
True! And, regarding the 3-month filer, if I inadequately expressed my opinion (which was influenced by and revised on the basis of the cautionary words from others) that it was most prudent for that filer to wait awhile longer before inquiring via this method, I express this view now. Thank you for so beautifully refocusing the discussion.

You're welcome. Things on both sides of the discussion seem to have moved out of their original context. I don't see the relevance of making attacks against an experienced and valued member of the board who is merely trying to protect the interests of those who have real difficulties obtaining an NOA2. Nor is it of interest to those people to shut down the thread as long as it is understood that the suggestions you made were designed to assist them in obtaining some real answers should they be approaching or outside published processing times.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
You're welcome. Things on both sides of the discussion seem to have moved out of their original context. I don't see the relevance of making attacks against an experienced and valued member of the board who is merely trying to protect the interests of those who have real difficulties obtaining an NOA2. Nor is it of interest to those people to shut down the thread as long as it is understood that the suggestions you made were designed to assist them in obtaining some real answers should they be approaching or outside published processing times.

Some people are endowed with more than a usual allotment of reason, si man! :) Now, perhaps we can get back to receiving reported experiences from filers who "fit the qualifications."

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Timeline

I disagree. The line is for people with an RFE. Period.

I am now making a formal request to the Captain that this thread not only be locked, but deleted.

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I am reading a lot of this thread to see what is going on. But to the question of why some applications are adjudicated out of order please read the K Visa FAQ"

Section 3.1.1: http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-I129f.html

So how does the whole I-129f petition process work and how does my petition get to the consulate/embassy?

A..I-129f petitions are sent to a USCIS Service Center where, once received and processed, a "receipt" Notice of Action (NOA) Form I-797 (often called NOA1) is created and sent to the original petitioner (US Citizen). This NOA1 is your proof that the Service Center has received your petition. At this point the I-129f resides in the mail/storage facility of the Service Center until it is due to be processed by an adjudicator. The time this takes depends on how many petitions are ahead of you and the rate at which they are processed. Typically entire boxes of I-129f's are moved into the adjudication office and distributed amungst adjudicators as they request more to be completed. Each adjudicator is given a stack to process. As they run out another box is brought in. Since each adjudicator may process at different speeds petitions may be adjudicated (to a degree) out of the order on the original NOA1 (I-797).

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Timeline

I am now making a formal request to the Captain that this thread not only be locked, but deleted.

I do apologise. I assumed from the following posts that you were not against using the RFE line in the event of a serious concern about a case.

I'm not suggesting your idea has absolutely no merit. But likewise I do not think you have uncovered the Holy Grail. From what you have posted, I believe your method might be helpful in moving a case off a desk if it has already been completed/adjudicated but just hasn't moved on yet.

Insofar as what Tracy has posted, I do think this 'method' would help alleviate any worry that a case file has been lost or mislaid. Oftentimes I believe this fear is the most debilitating one for petitioners whose files aren't reaching conclusion.

Well, I might be an 'old timer' but - I do have a pending receipt notice (you see, even once the VisaJourney is over, the ImmigrationJourney is not).

At any rate, I decided to give this a whirl by following the prompts in TBone's original post.

I haven't reached the conclusion of my experiment yet (and won't be able to until tomorrow) but I have already learned that attempting this in the hopes of reaching an Immigration Officer will not work unless you try during normal business hours. My call was directed to the Information Line.

I simply posted what I did because I had an opinion on 'misuse' of the RFE line and I felt you were being unfairly represented. You are entitled to change your mind though.

I came to my present position after researching. As I have said previously, knowledge is power.

Thank you for caring as to whether or not I have been misrepresented. I do feel I have been. Most of that however is because I haven't suffered enough. I'm right sick of hearing it.

Edited by rebeccajo

Timeline

Well, I think people should cease using processing times to calculate whether a member has a valid point of view on the process. I am sick of this whole argument about who got approved first being used in any situation.

No one can predict what timeframe they will be approved in so it's no good looking at when others are being approved. It's a guideline but cannot be used to fuel an argument for using the RFE line. It's tough waiting when others are approved before you, but really that's just the way of life. Yes it's unfair but it's no individual filers fault. The process is not working as well as it could but they are still managing to process most petitions inside the six month timeframe they warn you of when you file.

If people want to make changes in this area i.e. VSC vs CSC, disparity in processing times then they need to file a complaint with the ombudsman, their representative, anyone who *might* listen. But as long as your case is under the published processing times then no one will give a damn unfortunately. It's the people stuck in name check outside the six months I feel truly bad for. Abuse the RFE line and you may contribute to the abolition of a lifeline for those stuck in namecheck hell or with real genuine need to use a dedicated RFE line. That's my point of view.

My NOA2 timeline is one of the shortest you can find on VJ. So is the visa approval.

I used to have my timeline in my signature but took it out about two months ago. I had left it in my signature because it was, quite simply, our story. However, the 'attacks' had ramped up recently and in all fairness, the approval slowdown is SOBAD right now, I felt it was rubbing salt in wounds to have my information so flaggrantly 'out there'.

However, I am going to take this opportunity here to get personal for a moment. I DEEPLY RESENT my husband's visa timeline being brought up into discussions. I have been a participating member of this community for over three years. If I didn't care about the journey of others, I would have been LONG GONE. To have our good fortune rubbed in our faces as if we were some sort of immigration criminals is beyond rude, IMO.

Whenever I read another of those comments to me (and there have been hundreds) after three years the heat that rises up in me is - well - it's pure anger. If the person were in front of me I would slap them.

Timeline

I can understand. To be honest though, it's just ignorance or frustration. You really shouldn't let it get to you so much. There are many many people here who value what you do for the VJ community. Those who say what they do may not realise how much you do actually help others. That's no excuse though.

In the previous post I wanted to point out how long he had waited on namecheck at AOS, but I felt if I had it would only support the idea that through suffering you understand. Frankly, that's rubbish. Anyone who has been through the process has knowledge to impart to others and we should all be respectful of that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Rebeccajo , I realize that you are a long time respected member of this site. But to use that status to try to influence the moderators to shut down this thread because you don't particularly agree with how some may use this information just goes against the very spirit of what this forum is all about. To me the spirit of this forum is to share information and experiences and to support each other through this long and sometimes frustrating journey.

The Original poster was honestly and clearly sharing his experience with others. He never suggested anyone do anything illegal or unethical. Sure it can be argued that using this RFE line for something other than the purpose it was intended could have consequences. Many people expressed their opinion of what these consequences might be over time possibly positive or possibly negative. But not one person here really knows for sure.

Most in this thread were just trying to simply share there own experiences and opinions on the use of this method. Rebecca you on many occasions in my opinion chose to belittle and insult the intelligence of anyone who disagreed with you or chose to use the method prescribed by the original post. Now I actually appreciate someone with good wit and humor but you used that skill basically to be a smartalec to get your point across.

In fact after reading through all your comments throughout this this thread I'm glad that you have asked the Captain to take a look at this thread. Because in my opinion in many places you violated the Terms of Service of this site. Copied the following directly from the Terms of Service.

Make comments in a Post either direct or implied toward another member that are purposely designed to upset, antagonize, make fun of, belittle, or otherwise instigate an argument that takes away from the personal enjoyment of the Service by other users.

I surely hope the moderators don't close this thread and not because I think the information in this thread is so valuable. But based on principle, just because you don't agree with the content of a thread or it's opinions does not mean you should try to get it closed, as long as it is not violating the terms of this site. This would surely be sending the wrong message.

November 5, 2007 --- 1-129F sent to CSC

November 6, 2007 --- Package received at CSC signed for by V SEMEGI

November 14, 2007 --- NOA1 Date

November 19, 2007 --- NOA1 Hardcopy I-797 received in the mail

March 10, 2008 ---- Touched

March 13, 2008 ---- Touched

March 14, 2008 ---- Touched

March 20, 2008 ---- Touched ( I guess approved but no update on website or email?)

March 25, 2008 ---- Noa2 hard copy received in the mail Dated March 20, 2008

March 31, 2008 ---- NVC Received our File-- Assigned case #

April 2, 2008 ------- Package shipped to US embassy Manila

May 8-9, 2008------ Medical (approved)

May 20, 2008------- Interview (Approved)

May 29, 2008------- Visa Delivered

June 12, 2008------ Flight to USA -POE Chicago

"Calling an Illegal immigrant an Undocumented worker is the equivalent of calling a drug dealer an unlicensed pharmacist"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Guys and Ladies. I can see that clearly at least two people are at odds and the topic has become a back and forth. Respectfully please take that type of discussion to PM where it can not derail the topic. Please do not attack each other in general anyhow... we are not about that at VJ and it is ccounter productive.

That said, one of the issues of the topic is whether or not the OP's suggestion to call the phone number and press options to get an Officer is ethical (the options are for an RFE). I am not sure I am qualified to say one way or another personally. I have many times called an automated system and just hit "0" a billion times to bypass the menu since it is faster. That may not be a good parallel however if everyone considers this a big deal I would be more then happy to follow up on Monday EST day time and call the number to make sure the USCIS is ok with people calling for these reasons. That would at least give some guidance on putting a memo on the first post as such.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
My NOA2 timeline is one of the shortest you can find on VJ. So is the visa approval.

I used to have my timeline in my signature but took it out about two months ago. I had left it in my signature because it was, quite simply, our story. However, the 'attacks' had ramped up recently and in all fairness, the approval slowdown is SOBAD right now, I felt it was rubbing salt in wounds to have my information so flaggrantly 'out there'.

However, I am going to take this opportunity here to get personal for a moment. I DEEPLY RESENT my husband's visa timeline being brought up into discussions. I have been a participating member of this community for over three years. If I didn't care about the journey of others, I would have been LONG GONE. To have our good fortune rubbed in our faces as if we were some sort of immigration criminals is beyond rude, IMO.

Whenever I read another of those comments to me (and there have been hundreds) after three years the heat that rises up in me is - well - it's pure anger. If the person were in front of me I would slap them.

rebeccajo,

I hope you know that you are respected here. I have always taken what you have to say with care and respect your points. You have helped me a lot in my journey as of now and I hope you know that your help is very much appreciated.

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

(11-24-07)Met again in Hungary

(02-19-08)Met again in Hungary

K1 Visa Petition

(09-27-07)Preparing to send K1 Petition

(12-03-07)K1 Petition Sent US Postal Service

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-21-08)Recieved at NVC

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(04-02-08)Received Packet 3

(04-27-08)Medical Completed

(05-15-08)Received Packet 4

(05-29-08)Interview Date

(05-29-08)Visa given 40 mins after approval

(06-02-08)Arrival at the JFK and EAD given

Hoosier, there are other reasons than violating the TOS for a thread to be shut down.

Information which is detrimental to the future journeys of others should not be allowed to remain. Anymore than recommendations of illegal methods of immigration.

I did not belittle or mock anyone moreso than was done to me.

Captain -

At what point do you stand up for the integrity of the information posted on this board?

Do not PM me. Have the courtesy to discuss this in public.

Edited by rebeccajo

rebeccajo,

I hope you know that you are respected here. I have always taken what you have to say with care and respect your points. You have helped me a lot in my journey as of now and I hope you know that your help is very much appreciated.

Just stay in school, kid! ;):lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.