TBoneTX

How to Shake Your NOA2 Loose from the CSC

537 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Well I could not help myself, I finally had to give this a try on my lunch hour today. I was on hold for about 20 minutes. A representative answered the phone it was a lady with a thick asian accent. I ask her

"why does the recording say requesting more evidence?" She answers, "your case is pending"

I ask "Can you please tell me where in the division my file is now located" Her answer "Sir it is at the California Service Center"

I ask again a bit Differently" I understand it is at the California Service center, but where in the division is it, Has it been assigned to an Adjudicator?" She pauses a second " Sir it is in California Service center and it is currently in pending status"

I Say "I read on the website that cases are processed in the order that they are received and I have friends that have filed after me already have their approvals, Has my case been assigned yet? Her answer " sir I don't think that is possible as they are now only processing K-1 applications from august, we will send you something in the mail it should be a couple more months at the earliest. "

I called mid day here Central time. I have a hard time believing this was an agent, she sure sounded more like an incompetetent drone customer service person to me. Maybe they are on to us and this is no longer going to an actual agent.

Or maybe if the actual agents are all busy it eventually kicks over to generic customer service line.

:unsure:

If the line is busy - the calls are going to get transferred.

There are not an unlimited number of these 'IO's' sitting at desks to take these calls.

This is why I have stayed in this thread. The line is in place for LEGITIMATE inquiries about an RFE. An RFE grinds a case to a halt. A non-response to an RFE will cause a case denial. A customer may not respond to an RFE if they don't understand it. The line is in place for that purpose.

I honestly don't understand how any of you can, in good conscience, abuse this service by plying the methods advocated in this thread. How would you like to be sitting looking at an RFE and not be able to get through to someone to help you?

This is patent selfishness. Call it 'power to the people' if you like. Anytime a person takes advantage of a 'hole' in a system that has been designed to help those who are truly are in need - especially for a worthless 'feel good' - is an entitlement attitude.

I'm getting really angry about this thread at this point. For two reasons.

Firstly - I see some of you whom I personally have spent a great deal of time assisting you in your cases with legitimate help. Frankly it makes me really mad that I have apparently wasted my time on individuals who are so selfish they would put their needs ahead of others. Why have I spent my time on your case?

Secondly - I am angry at Ewok for not shutting down this thread. It's one thing for our members to discover legitimate shortcuts that can aid in actually speeding a case along. It's quite another to allow information to remain up on this site that could damage cases.

Rebecca ?????

Unless I am mistaking you had your Noa2 within 15 days !!!!! You don't know what waiting means and now that you are with your SO you are not in pain as we are. some might abuse the phone I agree to that ....but we are not like that !!!!

Oh here we go again!

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sick of hearing this.

Hon, you don't know me. You don't know anything about my life and you don't know the details of my case.

Your little whine is sickening.

Rebecca, Your high and mighty stance here does not reflect well on you.

First thing is those of us that have filed since august have paid close to Triple the Fees than they were previously. Now this fee increase was justified as they needed to beef up the system, but instead we are getting slower and poorer service than prior to the fee increase. It is not my fault their system is not capable of handling the volume and me as the customer has the right to use every possible legal tool at my fingertips to find out information or possibly encourage some attention paid to my case.

There happens to be hundreds if not thousands of other K1 cases filed after mine , some up to 2 months after me that have already been processed. The system is broken, is it possible we are actually doing a service to future filers by exposing a flaw in their system? Do I not have the right to call and express my concern and try to get information regarding this situation as it pertains to my case ?

This is not a private company we are dealing with, This is our government, supposedly it is By the people , For the people. It is my right and duty to expose and draw attention to things we feel are wrong with the system.

Rebecca I am a US Citizen, I have paid my fees, followed their procedures. I have broken no laws. I feel I am being treated badly by this system. You or anyone else has no right to judge or criticize me as long as I am not circumventing the law.

November 5, 2007 --- 1-129F sent to CSC

November 6, 2007 --- Package received at CSC signed for by V SEMEGI

November 14, 2007 --- NOA1 Date

November 19, 2007 --- NOA1 Hardcopy I-797 received in the mail

March 10, 2008 ---- Touched

March 13, 2008 ---- Touched

March 14, 2008 ---- Touched

March 20, 2008 ---- Touched ( I guess approved but no update on website or email?)

March 25, 2008 ---- Noa2 hard copy received in the mail Dated March 20, 2008

March 31, 2008 ---- NVC Received our File-- Assigned case #

April 2, 2008 ------- Package shipped to US embassy Manila

May 8-9, 2008------ Medical (approved)

May 20, 2008------- Interview (Approved)

May 29, 2008------- Visa Delivered

June 12, 2008------ Flight to USA -POE Chicago

"Calling an Illegal immigrant an Undocumented worker is the equivalent of calling a drug dealer an unlicensed pharmacist"

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Well I could not help myself, I finally had to give this a try on my lunch hour today. I was on hold for about 20 minutes. A representative answered the phone it was a lady with a thick asian accent. I ask her

"why does the recording say requesting more evidence?" She answers, "your case is pending"

I ask "Can you please tell me where in the division my file is now located" Her answer "Sir it is at the California Service Center"

I ask again a bit Differently" I understand it is at the California Service center, but where in the division is it, Has it been assigned to an Adjudicator?" She pauses a second " Sir it is in California Service center and it is currently in pending status"

I Say "I read on the website that cases are processed in the order that they are received and I have friends that have filed after me already have their approvals, Has my case been assigned yet? Her answer " sir I don't think that is possible as they are now only processing K-1 applications from august, we will send you something in the mail it should be a couple more months at the earliest. "

I called mid day here Central time. I have a hard time believing this was an agent, she sure sounded more like an incompetetent drone customer service person to me. Maybe they are on to us and this is no longer going to an actual agent.

Or maybe if the actual agents are all busy it eventually kicks over to generic customer service line.

There are not an unlimited number of these 'IO's' sitting at desks to take these calls.

This is why I have stayed in this thread. The line is in place for LEGITIMATE inquiries about an RFE. An RFE grinds a case to a halt. A non-response to an RFE will cause a case denial. A customer may not respond to an RFE if they don't understand it. The line is in place for that purpose.

I honestly don't understand how any of you can, in good conscience, abuse this service by plying the methods advocated in this thread. How would you like to be sitting looking at an RFE and not be able to get through to someone to help you?

This is patent selfishness. Call it 'power to the people' if you like. Anytime a person takes advantage of a 'hole' in a system that has been designed to help those who are truly are in need - especially for a worthless 'feel good' - is an entitlement attitude.

Firstly - I see some of you whom I personally have spent a great deal of time assisting you in your cases with legitimate help. Frankly it makes me really mad that I have apparently wasted my time on individuals who are so selfish they would put their needs ahead of others. Why have I spent my time on your case?

Secondly - I am angry at Ewok for not shutting down this thread. It's one thing for our members to discover legitimate shortcuts that can aid in actually speeding a case along. It's quite another to allow information to remain up on this site that could damage cases.

Rebecca ?????

Unless I am mistaking you had your Noa2 within 15 days !!!!! You don't know what waiting means and now that you are with your SO you are not in pain as we are. some might abuse the phone I agree to that ....but we are not like that !!!!

Oh here we go again!

Hon, you don't know me. You don't know anything about my life and you don't know the details of my case.

oops Double posted for some reason.

Edited by hoosier

November 5, 2007 --- 1-129F sent to CSC

November 6, 2007 --- Package received at CSC signed for by V SEMEGI

November 14, 2007 --- NOA1 Date

November 19, 2007 --- NOA1 Hardcopy I-797 received in the mail

March 10, 2008 ---- Touched

March 13, 2008 ---- Touched

March 14, 2008 ---- Touched

March 20, 2008 ---- Touched ( I guess approved but no update on website or email?)

March 25, 2008 ---- Noa2 hard copy received in the mail Dated March 20, 2008

March 31, 2008 ---- NVC Received our File-- Assigned case #

April 2, 2008 ------- Package shipped to US embassy Manila

May 8-9, 2008------ Medical (approved)

May 20, 2008------- Interview (Approved)

May 29, 2008------- Visa Delivered

June 12, 2008------ Flight to USA -POE Chicago

"Calling an Illegal immigrant an Undocumented worker is the equivalent of calling a drug dealer an unlicensed pharmacist"

Filed: Other Timeline
I gave you links before that you mocked as unverifiable. So don't go there with me.

"Mock, mock." "Who's there?" "Not TBoneTX."

I'll be rude if I care too. At least I'm not advocating in print a self-declared 'method' that has the potential to harm the ability of future US petitioners and their loved ones from being able to access a service that gets shut down because I was so damn nervous about MYCASEMYCASEMYCASE that I couldn't hold my water a while longer.

Let's assume temporarily that USCIS is noting the use of the telephone technique as consciously as you assume is happening. It is equally plausible that USCIS, which you tout as being so willing to become customer-friendly if we're simply patient enough, will EXPAND avenues through which its customers can receive information. This supposition is as valid as your opposite one is. And, now you're the one arguably mocking people for being "so damn nervous" about their case, but this is completely excusable, because you'll "be rude if you care to."

VJ members are probably quite a small fraction of the overall number of visa applicants. I would like to know how many non-VJ applicants have learned about (stumbled upon, were given by USCIS) the same telephone technique, and how often THEY are using it and for what reason.

Oh how ridiculous is that!

Paraphrasing you - "There's not enough of us reading this and using the 'methog' to cause a problem? "

Is that what you are saying?

Are there no depths you won't stoop too to justify your actions?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Paraphrasing you - "There's not enough of us reading this and using the 'methog' to cause a problem? "

"Depths"? It was a simple question of curiosity.

"Justify"? Read Hoosier's post just above.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Rebecca ?????

Oh here we go again!

Rebecca, Your high and mighty stance here does not reflect well on you.

First thing is those of us that have filed since august have paid close to Triple the Fees than they were previously. Now this fee increase was justified as they needed to beef up the system, but instead we are getting slower and poorer service than prior to the fee increase. It is not my fault their system is not capable of handling the volume and me as the customer has the right to use every possible legal tool at my fingertips to find out information or possibly encourage some attention paid to my case.

There happens to be hundreds if not thousands of other K1 cases filed after mine , some up to 2 months after me that have already been processed. The system is broken, is it possible we are actually doing a service to future filers by exposing a flaw in their system? Do I not have the right to call and express my concern and try to get information regarding this situation as it pertains to my case ?

This is not a private company we are dealing with, This is our government, supposedly it is By the people , For the people. It is my right and duty to expose and draw attention to things we feel are wrong with the system.

Rebecca I am a US Citizen, I have paid my fees, followed their procedures. I have broken no laws. I feel I am being treated badly by this system. You or anyone else has no right to judge or criticize me as long as I am not circumventing the law.

I'm a US Citizen also. I paid my fees. Followed the procedure. Broke no laws. I have been treated badly by the system.

Oh wait...I didn't suffer as much as the rest of you because I didn't wait as long. And I must have paid a LOWER fee than you did.

Your high and mighty attitude is not appreciated by me, either. If you can condone an action by the fact that it isn't 'breaking a law', well good on you. There are loads of things in life that are not actually defined as an illegal act. That doesn't make them right.

The excuse that because USCIS is broken gives you the right to fight back with an equally poor action is an immature excuse.

"Depths"? It was a simple question of curiosity.

"Justify"? Read Hoosier's post just above.

Already addressed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I have avoided posting in this thread and I highly doubt I will again, but I am in agreement with Rebecca.

It is selfish to call the RFE line if your case is still being processed in a timely manner. Yes, we all want nothing more than to be with our loved ones again, but not a one of you is more important than another. Is it really more important that you can find out if your petition is on a desk vs someone being able to find out exactly which document they need to send so their case isn't DENIED? Besides everytime you are talking to an officer, you are taking time in which they could be approving a case. That slows it down for EVERYONE that has a case at CSC, not just K1. What's more, it is a major interuption to get a phone call in the middle of your work. The officer is much more likely to make a mistake then. How would you like an RFE for no good reason other than that the officer was distracted by a phone call and didn't see a document you already sent? That adds on an easy 2-4 weeks to any petition.

Leave them alone to do their work. You'll make it faster for everyone. If they need you, they know how to contact you. Your case won't get lost or pushed behind a desk. You will still be processed in the general order your case was received.

If you want to know what's going on, watch the most recent approvals here on VJ and check your online account at USCIS. I didn't even call the mis-information line during processing because it is a waste of their resources to tell me my petition is still pending. I can clearly see that by the website and know I have a while longer to wait when they are still approving petitions sent 1 month earlier.

Together - Forever!!

============================

Knew eachother in August 2005

First trip in January 2007

Second trip in July 2007

Tried F1 student visa in August 2007, denied

Engaged in September 2007, WOW

Third trip in January 2008

K1 visa approved in July 2008

Fourth trip in July 2008

Arrived in the U.S. in August 2008

Parents visited U.S. in October 2008

Looking forward to visit China in July, 2009

----------------------------------------------

September 24th, 2007 - Sent Petition to CSC

November 7th, 2007 - Issued NOA1

November 13th, 2007 - Received NOA1 hardcopy in hand (48 days)

February 13th, 2008 - Issued NOA2

February 16th, 2008 - Received NOA2 hardcopy in hand (143 days)

February 29th, 2008 - NVC mailed our Petition to GUZ

April 22nd, 2008 - GUZ received our Petition

May 9th, 2008 - Received P3 from GUZ (226 days)

June 7th, 2008 - Received P4 from GUZ

July 3rd, 2008 - Seal the Medical Packet in Shanghai

July 7th, 2008 - INTERVIEW DATE!!! (285 days) PASS

July 9th, 2008 - Visa in Hand

August 1st, 2008 - Entry to the US, TOGETHER AT LAST!

October 3rd, 2008 - Our Wedding Day

October 31, 2008 - Sent Adjustment of Status documents

December 5, 2008 - Biometrics appointment

January 13, 2009 - Travel Document approved

January 21, 2009 - Employment Authorization approved

April 23, 2009 - Green Card approved

Timeline

The reality remains that everyone here can consider the various pros and cons of calling via this method or refraining from calling via this method. Every U.S. citizen here on VJ is older than 18 years of age (legal to vote and to petition one's government for redress of grievances) and is free to call or to refrain from calling. Those influenced by rj's reasoning may refrain from calling. Nobody here is disparaging THEM.

Edited by TBoneTX

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

The reality remains that everyone here can consider the various pros and cons of calling via this method or refraining from calling via this method. Every U.S. citizen here on VJ is older than 18 years of age (legal to vote and to petition one's government for redress of grievances) and is free to call or to refrain from calling. Those influenced by rj's reasoning may refrain from calling. Nobody here is disparaging THEM.

No, you're just insisting it's OK to call.

When it isn't.

Timeline
[...] Besides everytime you are talking to an officer, you are taking time in which they could be approving a case.

Good reasoning, with the exception of the above. Neither the front-line screeners nor the Immigration Officers are doing the adjudicating work -- the people on the floor are.

Your case won't get lost or pushed behind a desk. You will still be processed in the general order your case was received.

In most cases, this may well be true, but in other cases, it's certainly the converse.

[...] my petition is still pending. I can clearly see that by the website and know I have a while longer to wait when they are still approving petitions sent 1 month earlier.

And we can all respect your choice!

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I think all this discussion is rather pointless, if USCIS sees this "method" as a problem, they will tweak the system so that case numbers without an rfe in the database get bounces to the national hotline. Until then there is no point in this argument. If you can get through then USCIS doesn't really care and thats all that matters, no need to start pressing your own personal morals on other people.

Edited by lancer1655

I think all this discussion is rather pointless, if USCIS sees this "method" as a problem, they will tweak the system so that case numbers without an rfe in the database get bounces to the national hotline. Until then there is no point in this argument.

Do you wanna see that happen?

Timeline
I think all this discussion is rather pointless, if USCIS sees this "method" as a problem, they will tweak the system so that case numbers without an rfe in the database get bounces to the national hotline. Until then there is no point in this argument.

See first three sentences of my reply within post #378.

Edited by TBoneTX

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Personally, I'm not going to use the RFE line unless i get an RFE so i could care less.

Timeline
Personally, I'm not going to use the RFE line unless i get an RFE so i could care less.

Let's hear it for freedom of choice! Now, where's that bunny with the pancake on his head?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.