rhinocarlos

Georgia DMV

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey, does anyone else feels like the DVMS here are just plain out just RACIST.

I am a Latino and I feel very unwelcomed, and sometimes just feel like they see me and right away

they judge me without knowing anything.

I went to get my drivers License, reissued I had one and it was robbed in Mexico, When I went for my visa interview.

Well they asked me is I was a citizen I checked no and they asked for a social security number, so I have them my card.

Then they asked for my green card, since I just moved here last month I don't have it yet. so I showed them my immigrant visa, then they asked for my i-94, ARE YOU FUC**** serious? Immigrant visa's DONT get those, I am a legal resident. They didn't know that, so basically I can't get my license until i get my green card, which is ok, I checked online, and they shipped it the 15th of February, so I should have it soon, and go in there and be like kiss my legal ###, you racist biotches.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Hey, does anyone else feels like the DVMS here are just plain out just RACIST.

I am a Latino and I feel very unwelcomed, and sometimes just feel like they see me and right away

they judge me without knowing anything.

I went to get my drivers License, reissued I had one and it was robbed in Mexico, When I went for my visa interview.

Well they asked me is I was a citizen I checked no and they asked for a social security number, so I have them my card.

Then they asked for my green card, since I just moved here last month I don't have it yet. so I showed them my immigrant visa, then they asked for my i-94, ARE YOU FUC**** serious? Immigrant visa's DONT get those, I am a legal resident. They didn't know that, so basically I can't get my license until i get my green card, which is ok, I checked online, and they shipped it the 15th of February, so I should have it soon, and go in there and be like kiss my legal ###, you racist biotches.

Do you have an EAD? If you have the work authorisation card you can, or should, be able to get your license. My husband and I live in Georgia and I have to admit the DMV here where we live is awful. What did you enter with...a CR1? Whatever visa you entered with, take all that with you to the DMV as well. My husband was given the runaround here (we live near Gainesville) and was finally told that without the GC or his work authorisation card he wouldn't be able to get a license. If you can find the requirements on THEIR website regarding the issuance of licenses, print that off too and show them in their own words what their requirements are.

I really hope you get this resolved...but I also know that it depends on which DMV you go to. I would also suggest maybe making a visit to another DMV to see if you get the same reaction.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.