rubyred

NEW ZEALANDers heading to the US and their USC spouses - POST HERE!

2,284 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

hi everyone,

just wanted you to know he went for his medical. he seen dr stone..nothing really said about vacinations. the doctor asked if he had chickenpox, mumps, measles

or hmm something else..he hadn't so they gave him an ejection for that ... i think MMR..and a tentus.. so the doctor was $125, MMR $ 80, tetnus $50, xray $80, blood

test $31 total..$371..cant say much more ...i wasnt there.. and he cant post becasue his computer broke..which is upseting soooo..NO SKYPE

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

oh...we've been laughing about the big xray...what the heck does he do with it?

and the doctor never looked at it..soo? lol whats it for? it's really big..dont think we can find a frame big enough! hahaha

anyone know? :wacko:

and the doctor never looked at it..soo? lol whats it for? it's really big..dont think we can find a frame big enough! hahaha

They are big :yes:

All the Dr is interested in is the report, which they would have taken out of the big envelope at the Dr's office. I got a copy of it in the post as well.

He takes it with him, on the plane, in case they want it at POE.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

All the Dr is interested in is the report, which they would have taken out of the big envelope at the Dr's office. I got a copy of it in the post as well.

:D

when i picked mine up from xray place, my eyes rounded like saucers when the lady came out and handed them to me!! i was like what the heck?? LOL!!

i then did a hike back to docs surgery, burning rubber from the soles of my jandals as i tried to speed along, with the large xray envelope flapping in my hand with each stride ;)

I do hope we all don't have to lug that thing on the plane with us when we head to the US!! Or i will have to buy an extra seat just to house the thing on!! :P

so don't we have to show the xrays when we go to a civil surgeon over there to have a transcript done from our vaccination records?

During such stressful times over this whole process, it's good that one can get a laugh out of it. The size of the xrays certainly got me giggling :lol:

ROC

06/01/2011 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

06/02/2011 - Package arrived and signed for at CSC

06/02/2011 - NOA receipt date

06/06/2011 - Check cashed

06/07/2011 - NOA arrived in the mail

06/15/2011 - Biometrics appointment letter arrived in the mail

07/11/2011 - Biometrics appointment

02/02/2012 - Phoned USCIS and put in a service request

02/08/2012 - Email from USCIS confirming my request

02/11/2012 - Letter from USCIS - says i should receive news within 30 days

03/14/2012 - Phoned USCIS again. 30 days has passed. no news. Took details again.

03/15/2012 -Received letter from USCIS - have to go to interview April 24th

04/24/2012 - Interview and ROC approved!!

05/07/2012 - Received email, card production ordered

05/11/2012 - Green card arrived

N-400

06/22/2012 - Mailed N-400 package to Phoenix/AZ Lockbox

06/26/2012 - NOA date

06/28/2012 - Check cashed

06/29/2012 - NOA arrived in the mail

07/02/2012 - Biometrics appointment letter arrived in mail

07/19/2012 - Biometrics appointment

07/30/2012 - Received text +email. Application placed in line for interview

07/30/2012 - Received text +email in evening - interview letter sent

08/03/2012 - Received interview letter

09/19/2012 - Interview - passed interview/test!!

10/24/2012 - Oath Ceremony!

when i picked mine up from xray place, my eyes rounded like saucers when the lady came out and handed them to me!! i was like what the heck?? LOL!!

i then did a hike back to docs surgery, burning rubber from the soles of my jandals as i tried to speed along, with the large xray envelope flapping in my hand with each stride ;)

I do hope we all don't have to lug that thing on the plane with us when we head to the US!! Or i will have to buy an extra seat just to house the thing on!! :P

so don't we have to show the xrays when we go to a civil surgeon over there to have a transcript done from our vaccination records?

During such stressful times over this whole process, it's good that one can get a laugh out of it. The size of the xrays certainly got me giggling :lol:

I know...my flatmate was a bit stunned...'you have to take that with you ??"

I understood you take it on the plane...they may not want it at POE, but most people I've read here seem to follow that plan.

I have a question...I've read the instruction to pay the visa fee at the postshop...but what do you tell them you are paying for? Our little local postshop may have no idea either... :blink:

I know...my flatmate was a bit stunned...'you have to take that with you ??"

I understood you take it on the plane...they may not want it at POE, but most people I've read here seem to follow that plan.

I have a question...I've read the instruction to pay the visa fee at the postshop...but what do you tell them you are paying for? Our little local postshop may have no idea either... :blink:

I was a bit apprehensive when i went to our small post shop too. I took the pink letter with me and just said that i needed to pay a visa fee to the consulate general of usa. The guy opened up a notebook and there was handwritten stuff in it. He turned to a page that had listed the consulate general. he said to me.. the fee is $135?? I said no, its $235.80 and showed him the pink letter. He said oh ok.. he asked to look at my passport and then he typed some stuff into his computer and up came a print out receipt. TWO copies. One that says "attach to application" and the other one is the customers copy. It says American Consulate General and non IM US visa on it with the amount and passport number and surname of passport holder. so make sure you get two copies so you can keep one for your reference. :star:

ROC

03/14/2012 - Phoned USCIS again. 30 days has passed. no news. Took details again.

N-400

06/26/2012 - NOA date

Aha! I knew you'd know ! I'll not feel quite so silly at the wicket now :thumbs:

Good luck for tomorrow, and may the traffic from Big Day Out of it not get in your way! :dance:

I'm excited on your behalf :dance:

Aha! I knew you'd know ! I'll not feel quite so silly at the wicket now :thumbs:

Good luck for tomorrow, and may the traffic from Big Day Out of it not get in your way! :dance:

Thank You!! :star: I keep telling myself that i must go to bed but i am too excited and nervous at same time!! but i will have to get up after 5am tomorrow so better try and make an effort to get some sleep now!! :)

ROC

N-400

06/26/2012 - NOA date

Thank You!! :star: I keep telling myself that i must go to bed but i am too excited and nervous at same time!! but i will have to get up after 5am tomorrow so better try and make an effort to get some sleep now!! :)

Sleep well ..I know it won't be easy..be sure to let us know how it goes :dance:

Timeline

Good luck for today Kiwiana :)

tho i'm sure that you're going to be fine I understand the butterflies, hehe i get them just thinking about my interview

695090abmqwhjcu2.gif

K-1 Timeline

08-05-2008 Sent I-129F

08-14-2008 Arrived at Vermont

08-18-2008 Cheque cashed

08-21-2008 NOA1 received

12-10-2008 NOA2 received

12-17-2008 Package sent to Auckland Consulate

12-30-2008 Packet 3 received

01-27-2009 Packet 3 returned

02-03-2009 Packet 4 received

02-10-2009 Intervew - visa approved

03-14-2009 POE Los Angeles

03-25-2009 Married :)

07/22/2009 Work Permit received

ROC

11/18/2011 I-751 packet sent to Vermont

11/25/2011 I-751 packet received at USCIS Vermont

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

i have a question about marriage:

if we decide to get married here, before my visa expires, i don't want to have any kind of ceremony - i want to wait for a year, until my family can afford to come over. is it going to look bad if we don't have evidence of a proper ceremony? i feel like in between having an engagement ring, evidence of our relationship, and the explanation above, it should be fine... just looking for reassurance, really :)

oh, while browsing the forums today i came across this website: www.justanswers.com

it doesn't look super professional or anything, and obviously there are no guarantees provided with the answers, but i figured for $15 it was worth a try. i basically outlined our situation and the response i got was:

Given that the two of you are living together and intend to marry, the only concern of the immigration service will be the good faith nature of the relationship - it will not be "suspicious" that you have known each other and lived together. Plenty of people work on temporary visas and have a dating relationship that may or may not lead to marriage. The only issue will be the good faith nature of the marriage, and it sounds as though the two of you truly love one another. Given that, it will be significantly cheaper and easier to apply from within the US, assuming you do not have a two year home residency requirement attached to yourJ visa.

jordan is still skeptical and feeling very cautious but i'm getting more and more confident that marriage and AOS is totally the way to go for us.

07-10-2008 entered US on J-1 visa

01-01-2009 officially engaged

04-06-2009 married

04-25-2009 filed AOS

05-22-2009 biometrics appointment

06-05-2009 EAD received

06-17-2009 NOA2 received

07-30-2009 interview- recommended for approval! GC expected in 1-2 months

10-21-2009 received NOA for the I-130: "your petition is approved but... the applicant for whom you are petitioning is not eligible to file for an adjustment of status at this time". still no GC :(

11-18-2009 welcome letter received!

12-01-2009 green card received!

september 2011 filed for removal of conditions

october 2011 biometrics appointment

december 2011 RFE received

january 2011 sent in RFE packet

february 2011 conditions lifted, 10 year green card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I packed my xray in my check in luggage.....I hadn't read anywhere that they required it at POE and to be honest I had way to much other ####### to cart with me as hand luggage. They never requested it at all.

Got the marriage licence the other day so now we're rearing to go (F) B)

Our Timeline

AOS

February 23rd 2009 AOS sent in

March 7th 2009 NOA1 Received for EAD & AP

March 9th 2009 NOA1 Received for I-485 & Biometric Apt

March 17th 2009 RFE for Tax & Employment evidence

March 20th 2009 Biometric Apt

March 27th 2009 Sent back RFE

May 7th 2009 Called to give them a rev up!!

June 8th 2009 Still nothing!!!! - put in a service request for EAP & AP

June 10th 2009 Case status finally avaiable online for EAD & AP

June 10th 2009 EAD card production ordered

June 10th 2009 AP approval notice sent

FUNNY WHAT A PHONE CALL WILL DO.......

June 16th 2009 AP Received In mail!!!

June 17th 2009 EAD card production status changed to 17th June

June 19th 2009 EAD Mailed out

June 22nd 2009 EAD Received in mail!!!

July 14th 2009 I-485 finally online and transfered to California!!!!!

July 22nd 2009 Touch

July 31st 2009 Touch

August 3rd 2009 Touch

August 13th 2009 GC Card Production Ordered

August 17th 2009 Received "Welcome to the U.S." letter

August 22nd 2009 Received Green Card in the mail

June 6th 2011 ROC package sent off to VSC

June 13th 2011 NOA1 Letter

July 28th 2011 Biometrics

February 28th 2012 10yr GC Approval Letter

Timeline

hi everyone,

does anyone know when you get your visa does it have to be a round trip ticket or a one way..like on the vwp it has to be round trip...we were just wondering..

I packed my xray in my check in luggage.....I hadn't read anywhere that they required it at POE and to be honest I had way to much other ####### to cart with me as hand luggage. They never requested it at all.

Got the marriage licence the other day so now we're rearing to go (F) B)

Oh good to know...I haven't to try to manhandle that thing around :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.