rubyred

NEW ZEALANDers heading to the US and their USC spouses - POST HERE!

2,284 posts in this topic

It totally sucks the big one. We have done a lot of preparation, ducks lined up and quacking madly, and never for a second did we anticipate this.

It's the total lack of information from their end that's maddening...I mean if they've some sort of issue... ask us!

We've gone back and forth on this hundreds of times...is it me? Is it him? Is it anything? Is it a random whim? What! We're a couple of middle-aged boring people with quite ordinary names and backgrounds and from places that are in no way suss. It all seems so incredibly cruel and pointless.

We are trying to formulate plan B now. I was going there because he lives in a flat at his daughter's house, and would prefer to remain close to his grandchildren, who are 7 and 10. We will most likely have to look at Canada now, it's a bit closer for him to visit than it would be from here.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
It totally sucks the big one. We have done a lot of preparation, ducks lined up and quacking madly, and never for a second did we anticipate this.

It's the total lack of information from their end that's maddening...I mean if they've some sort of issue... ask us!

We've gone back and forth on this hundreds of times...is it me? Is it him? Is it anything? Is it a random whim? What! We're a couple of middle-aged boring people with quite ordinary names and backgrounds and from places that are in no way suss. It all seems so incredibly cruel and pointless.

We are trying to formulate plan B now. I was going there because he lives in a flat at his daughter's house, and would prefer to remain close to his grandchildren, who are 7 and 10. We will most likely have to look at Canada now, it's a bit closer for him to visit than it would be from here.

poohs bums and wees is all i have to say now :(

as for me, we're just waiting for the house to sell, as soon as contracts are signed i'll be sending packet 3 back to the consulate

i do have a question tho, any opinion on whether it would be better for me to take leave without pay from the police or just quit outright, the thinking behind taking leave without pay is that future employers would hopefully think i was a good employee as the police were willing to keep me on. do us employers think this way?

i think my only concern now apart from the house selling is that they may think i will become a public charge and not let me in as Rob is on disability, I hope that they will be able to see that with me there working i'm will alleviate some of the burden not add to it.

695090abmqwhjcu2.gif

K-1 Timeline

08-05-2008 Sent I-129F

08-14-2008 Arrived at Vermont

08-18-2008 Cheque cashed

08-21-2008 NOA1 received

12-10-2008 NOA2 received

12-17-2008 Package sent to Auckland Consulate

12-30-2008 Packet 3 received

01-27-2009 Packet 3 returned

02-03-2009 Packet 4 received

02-10-2009 Intervew - visa approved

03-14-2009 POE Los Angeles

03-25-2009 Married :)

07/22/2009 Work Permit received

ROC

11/18/2011 I-751 packet sent to Vermont

11/25/2011 I-751 packet received at USCIS Vermont

Still there as of right this minute.

I dont think I'd worry Michelle...I mean in order to move countries you kind of have to quit right?

I dont think I'd worry Michelle...I mean in order to move countries you kind of have to quit right?

cdneh- My husband and I also thought of the Canada route and just as I was getting frustrated enough to investigate it everything fell into place. We also thought about England but it seemed even more of a hassle then US immigration. For me not for him. I keep cheking and hoping to see that your package is in NZ. I can't imagine the frustration of finally hitting NVC and having this happen. Keep strong. It will be worth it when it is all said and done. Even though all said and done seems likes forever away!

cdneh- My husband and I also thought of the Canada route and just as I was getting frustrated enough to investigate it everything fell into place. We also thought about England but it seemed even more of a hassle then US immigration. For me not for him. I keep cheking and hoping to see that your package is in NZ. I can't imagine the frustration of finally hitting NVC and having this happen. Keep strong. It will be worth it when it is all said and done. Even though all said and done seems likes forever away!

Well one thing at least with Canada....they have to take me :yes:

Thanks for that, and I do appreciate all the support. It's just hard to keep your chin up now and then.

:girlwerewolf2xn:

Thanks for that, and I do appreciate all the support. It's just hard to keep your chin up now and then.

:ph34r::girlwerewolf2xn:

:girlwerewolf2xn:

:ph34r::girlwerewolf2xn:

:girlwerewolf2xn: < Oh yes. That one. With bells on.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
heh...did you mean me?

Yeah, I did mean you. :) I know it's hard to hold on to any sense of hope at this point and that your mind scrambles for other options (& plan B's ;)). I was there after only 3 weeks and thought i'd lose my mind...and i'm a pretty patient person. You're so right, it's the unknown that makes you nuts. If it's any consolation at all, neither of us have anything at all in our pasts to warrant any special checks either. I have to believe that they are either adding checks to the NVC stage and/or have created such a backlog..then with the holidays...etc. Whatever it is, I am still pulling for you!

KimandRuss: thanks for info about the tb test. I have been reading other threads concerning this, hoping that i will see someone that has been approved/RFE concerning the 1-693 form/aos and whether to test or not to test but so far i don't think anyone has any response from uscis. Hope you will let us all know how you get on when you do file for aos. Have you decided yet if you will just send in the form for aos with the vaccination sheet enclosed (from medical in Auckland) and not bother with getting a tb test done?

I think we'll stop at the health dept and try to send along the TB test with the papers ...and see if we can't get away with not having the CS sign off on the form..... mostly because we've held off so long and 'some' do get through without it. The good news is that AP & EAD are issued without the test. ;)

timeline.jpg

heh...did you mean me?

Yeah, I did mean you. :) I know it's hard to hold on to any sense of hope at this point and that your mind scrambles for other options (& plan B's ;)). I was there after only 3 weeks and thought i'd lose my mind...and i'm a pretty patient person. You're so right, it's the unknown that makes you nuts. If it's any consolation at all, neither of us have anything at all in our pasts to warrant any special checks either. I have to believe that they are either adding checks to the NVC stage and/or have created such a backlog..then with the holidays...etc. Whatever it is, I am still pulling for you!

I thought you might have..lol...I seem to be the only one here with issues. ;)

It is enought to try the patience of a saint really. I emailed the consulate here this morning, and they got right back to me with this:

We have not yet received your case file, but received four others today, so maybe there was a delay in processing. Ya think????

If we don't get it by next week we will follow it up for you. Please remind us on Monday. Oh..you can bank on that one!

Not that I know what 'follow it up for you' translates to in actual action, but it's more than we hear from NVC.

Silly question time Kim...nothing seems to be going out of DHL at the moment...and now that it's the new year, I have to change what I enter under reference right?

2008A becomes 2009A?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

hi everyone,

i have a question about the I134... on number 7 where you put your employment ...but under that in bracets it says.. if self- employed , i have attched a copy of my last income

tax return...yada yada...my question is about this... see instructions for nature of evidence of net worth to be summitted... is this another form? i'm confused.. my uncle is co-

sponsering us... and i have pluss i have stocks and bonds on him and idk what to enter there being there are 3 diff ones.. lol.. do i leave the line blank? i have his tax return and

his 1099... i copy all of them? right? .. i'm sorry.. i'm just want to get this right ...and dupilcates of a 25 pg tax return...omg...i need 5 envelopes to send ths stuff...

thanks

cdneh.... keep your head up, i'm praying for you....

Timeline
Silly question time Kim...nothing seems to be going out of DHL at the moment...and now that it's the new year, I have to change what I enter under reference right?

2008A becomes 2009A?

right! ;) Hopefully they're not 'on' to us and changing how they do things! Otherwise, we'll have some work to do to figure out how they track them now. :lol:

It sounds like the Embassy in AUK is as helpful as always. I know they can issue an inquiry to NVC and specifically ask for the file to be sent. That is what someone from one of my 'many' phone calls to NVC stated. Perhaps that's what they're saying... I certainly hope so! Enough is enough. Do something kind for YOU and try your best to keep your spirits up until then. :)

Ivanna, I'm not really clear on what you're asking. As long as you each filled out a I-134 with employment info and anual income, and both included supporting evidence of income (tax papers, paystubs, letter from employers) you should be all set. If your uncle meets the minimum requirement for supporting your fiance he will not need bank statements or proof of assets.

Another ice storm going on outside right now. Oui, winter in New England! :wacko:

timeline.jpg

2008A becomes 2009A?

right! ;) Hopefully they're not 'on' to us and changing how they do things! Otherwise, we'll have some work to do to figure out how they track them now. :lol:

It sounds like the Embassy in AUK is as helpful as always. I know they can issue an inquiry to NVC and specifically ask for the file to be sent. That is what someone from one of my 'many' phone calls to NVC stated. Perhaps that's what they're saying... I certainly hope so! Enough is enough. Do something kind for YOU and try your best to keep your spirits up until then. :)

Ivanna, I'm not really clear on what you're asking. As long as you each filled out a I-134 with employment info and anual income, and both included supporting evidence of income (tax papers, paystubs, letter from employers) you should be all set. If your uncle meets the minimum requirement for supporting your fiance he will not need bank statements or proof of assets.

Another ice storm going on outside right now. Oui, winter in New England! :wacko:

You have to be semi insane to live in the Northeast really. Luckily up here in Burlington VT it is supposed to be all snow and it actually looks like it has stopped. The summer make it worth it though. Warm and there are so many rivers and lakes to swim in. Plus the scenery isn't too bad.

2008A becomes 2009A?

It works fine, now that they are all back from holiday and back to work and all. Short list today, and nothing for us. I'll email them in AKL on Sunday night to let them know to follow it up.

Still in AP as of tonight. Tomorrow makes seven weeks.

I can send you a little heat if you like to melt a bit of that ice...I was on night shift last night, so sleeping today. When I got up just now the flatmate has been out all day and the house was all shut up and it is stifling ..opened every door and window to get some air moving.

Timeline
You have to be semi insane to live in the Northeast really. Luckily up here in Burlington VT it is supposed to be all snow and it actually looks like it has stopped. The summer make it worth it though. Warm and there are so many rivers and lakes to swim in. Plus the scenery isn't too bad.

The snow and ice can be a pain but I guess when you're born here it's just the 'norm'. I dont mind really. I love the change of seasons, the spring is like a rebirth every year, summers are glorious... and the fall is just breathtaking. I even enjoy the snow...good for skiing and ....playing (yes, I still play in the snow :lol) oh and and for snuggling. ;) The ice is just treacherous!

I don't think there's anywhere in the US that doesn't have it's faults... Southern Cali has fantastic weather but awful fires. Hurricane's in the south and tornadoes in the mid-west... take your pick. :lol:

cdneh, here's hoping for great news today!

timeline.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.