rubyred

NEW ZEALANDers heading to the US and their USC spouses - POST HERE!

2,284 posts in this topic

haha although i'll admit to being slightly jealous, i am very excited for you both, i know my time will come and it's fun sharing your excitement too! :jest:

I'm really hoping you will get word soon on your approval! Remember that vermont has been very unreliable lately with posting approval notices on their website. Your SO may get a NOA2 in the mail without you knowing beforehand of your approval!!! so fingers crossed!! :) It would be awesome if they could get cracking and get a HEAP of approvals out before Christmas!!

Oh it won't be long Michelle! It will turn up in Rob's letterbox one day without warning....and then all the people you work with will get to see this... :dance:

even the Inspector :D

haha maybe even the super will hear me :jest:

Maybe I will...clear across town :D

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hey guys! Just popping in to let you know that I'm still here. I've been trying to keep myself busy and hopefully time will go faster and we will get the NOA2 suddenly :) My friend is at the interview stage, exciting! Hope all is well with you, I will keep checking in. Thanks Michelle S for reminding me :)

Kelly & Evan

K-1

07-30-08 Sent I-129F

08-01-08 Arrived at CSC

08-08-08 Check cashed

08-12-08 NOA1 sent

08-13-08 Touched!

08-18-08 NOA hard copy

12-17-08 NOA2 sent

01-19-09 Packet 3 sent

01-22-09 Medical

03-19-09 Interview! (both of us attended)

03-19-09 Approved!!!

08-07-09 POE LAX

09-18-09 Married!!!

AOS

10-14-09 Filed AOS

10-22-09 NOA hard copies

10-27-09 Touch

11-17-09 Touch

11-17-09 Transfer notice to CSC

11-23-09 Biometrics appointment

11-24-09 Touch

11-27-09 Touch

12-01-09 Touch

12-03-09 Touch

12-07-09 Work Permit approved!!!

12-21-09 Biometrics fingerprints AGAIN

12-30-09 RFE due to fingerprints being unreadable

01-04-09 Touch

01-26-09 Sent RFE back

02-12-09 GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!!

Timeline

hi, i have a question....i'm afaid i dont make enough money...its scaring the hell out of me...i do get child support and social security for my children

will they count this? and a question about that I-134 form....it asked if i intend or no intend to make specfic contribtions to the support of person named in item 3...

what the heck would i check? what would be the best answer? i'm so cunfused and the thought of coming this far and be turned down becasue i dont make enough money

idk what i'd do...any help would be great...ty

hi, i have a question....i'm afaid i dont make enough money...its scaring the hell out of me...i do get child support and social security for my children

will they count this? and a question about that I-134 form....it asked if i intend or no intend to make specfic contribtions to the support of person named in item 3...

what the heck would i check? what would be the best answer? i'm so cunfused and the thought of coming this far and be turned down becasue i dont make enough money

idk what i'd do...any help would be great...ty

I emailed the embassy here in akl regarding the 1-134 form as it was worrying the heck out of me as my fiance probably won't meet the guidelines. They said there is no specific monetary requirement for the I-134. And if i have sufficient funds of my own, the interviewing consular officer may not require any further evidence of support. But we can still provide a co-sponsor if we wanted to, showing current income, last year's tax return and ID (birth certificate or passport)

They also said that they go more on looking at the sponsors (petioners) pay slip and current rate of pay more than looking at their year's tax form. They said that, with the 1-134 form and the beneficiarys own funds may meet their requirements.

So if you feel you don't earn enough and your fiance may not have much funds to show the embassy then you can have a co-sponsor. Kim (kim and russ) will be able to tell you more about this :star: Kim??

On the 1-134 form, on the example here on vj. It says to leave the boxes blank and write in the space below: N/A ( k1 visa process for permanent residence)

ROC

06/01/2011 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

06/02/2011 - Package arrived and signed for at CSC

06/02/2011 - NOA receipt date

06/06/2011 - Check cashed

06/07/2011 - NOA arrived in the mail

06/15/2011 - Biometrics appointment letter arrived in the mail

07/11/2011 - Biometrics appointment

02/02/2012 - Phoned USCIS and put in a service request

02/08/2012 - Email from USCIS confirming my request

02/11/2012 - Letter from USCIS - says i should receive news within 30 days

03/14/2012 - Phoned USCIS again. 30 days has passed. no news. Took details again.

03/15/2012 -Received letter from USCIS - have to go to interview April 24th

04/24/2012 - Interview and ROC approved!!

05/07/2012 - Received email, card production ordered

05/11/2012 - Green card arrived

N-400

06/22/2012 - Mailed N-400 package to Phoenix/AZ Lockbox

06/26/2012 - NOA date

06/28/2012 - Check cashed

06/29/2012 - NOA arrived in the mail

07/02/2012 - Biometrics appointment letter arrived in mail

07/19/2012 - Biometrics appointment

07/30/2012 - Received text +email. Application placed in line for interview

07/30/2012 - Received text +email in evening - interview letter sent

08/03/2012 - Received interview letter

09/19/2012 - Interview - passed interview/test!!

10/24/2012 - Oath Ceremony!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

You can use your child support as income if it is written into your agreement (court ordered).

The I-134 has no specific standards. Most Embassy's use the guidelines set by the I-864 ..which is the affidavit of support filed at AOS, after your fiance is here and you are married. At this stage (AOS) you WILL need to prove you can financially support but for the K-1 interview, however, the Embassy in NZ cares little about the financial support you can offer right now.... and more about the beneficiaries work history and desire to earn his/her own living once in the States. It was requested that Russell submit his CV/Resume at the interview. Supply all documents that are requested I-134, employer letter/paystubs, proof of child support and any other income....etc.

Regarding the specific contributions question.... there are example forms here on VJ to help you fill out all your paperwork and that is what I used to fill everything out. There has since been some dispute at the London Embassy with this question.... but in NZ the answer was still 'no'.

timeline.jpg

You can use your child support as income if it is written into your agreement (court ordered).

The I-134 has no specific standards. Most Embassy's use the guidelines set by the I-864 ..which is the affidavit of support filed at AOS, after your fiance is here and you are married. At this stage (AOS) you WILL need to prove you can financially support but for the K-1 interview, however, the Embassy in NZ cares little about the financial support you can offer right now.... and more about the beneficiaries work history and desire to earn his/her own living once in the States. It was requested that Russell submit his CV/Resume at the interview. Supply all documents that are requested I-134, employer letter/paystubs, proof of child support and any other income....etc.

Regarding the specific contributions question.... there are example forms here on VJ to help you fill out all your paperwork and that is what I used to fill everything out. There has since been some dispute at the London Embassy with this question.... but in NZ the answer was still 'no'.

Thanks Kim..we were wondering if we'd done that right.

And I must be a total doofus...but according to any search I have made, nobody has sent anything out of DHL for days. :blush:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

9492564266 sent 11/25 - delivered to Auckland 11/28

that one looks about right. ;) If so, you should have your P3 anytime!

by the way... I used.. EXP 24 NOV 2008A

Edited by KimandRuss
timeline.jpg

I've seen loads of packages go... do you have a date from the NVC that your petition was sent out?

No...they said the first of the week, so he is ringing today :star:

9492564266 sent 11/25 - delivered to Auckland 11/28

that one looks about right. ;) If so, you should have your P3 anytime!

by the way... I used.. EXP 24 NOV 2008A

I was thinking that would be kiwiana..she got her approval the day before we did.

Well...it wasn't us for sure... we've rung NVC and they still have it there.

So..now we are waiting in an entirely different queue :yes:

yep the package was mine! :star: I received a letter from the embassy today. I made an appointment for medical on Thursday and I got some passport photos done today too.

Now I have some q's:

Do i have to put my name or anything on the back of all the photos i have to submit?

Can i just send in the forms that they want sent in now and then send in the statement form that says i have everything ready for an interview later or do i have to send in the appointment/statement form saying i have everything ready WITH the first lot of forms you have to send to them?

I ask this because my fiance doesn't have his tax transcript yet and i need a little more time. But wanted to just send in the forms i have to send in first, then wait.... and then send in the form saying that i have everything ready for the interview.

Plus if i am having the medical on thursday, i wanted to send in something, so that they can pair the medical up with something of mine :star:

After you do send in the form saying that you have everything ready for interview, how long do you wait generally for the interview? Do they give it a few weeks ahead of time or is it sooner or later? (just like to get an idea of how much time they give you)

cdneh: I was hoping that your package may have been mailed out with mine... Hopefully, they will send it out this week.Fingers crossed it will be tomorrow!! :)

ROC

03/14/2012 - Phoned USCIS again. 30 days has passed. no news. Took details again.

N-400

06/26/2012 - NOA date

yep the package was mine! :star: I received a letter from the embassy today. I made an appointment for medical on Thursday and I got some passport photos done today too.

Now I have some q's:

Do i have to put my name or anything on the back of all the photos i have to submit?

Can i just send in the forms that they want sent in now and then send in the statement form that says i have everything ready for an interview later or do i have to send in the appointment/statement form saying i have everything ready WITH the first lot of forms you have to send to them?

I ask this because my fiance doesn't have his tax transcript yet and i need a little more time. But wanted to just send in the forms i have to send in first, then wait.... and then send in the form saying that i have everything ready for the interview.

Plus if i am having the medical on thursday, i wanted to send in something, so that they can pair the medical up with something of mine :star:

After you do send in the form saying that you have everything ready for interview, how long do you wait generally for the interview? Do they give it a few weeks ahead of time or is it sooner or later? (just like to get an idea of how much time they give you)

cdneh: I was hoping that your package may have been mailed out with mine... Hopefully, they will send it out this week.Fingers crossed it will be tomorrow!! :)

Wow! That is good news! We live in hope. :unsure:

Be sure to let us know how the medical goes...that was a very quick appointment!

Wow! That is good news! We live in hope. :unsure:

Be sure to let us know how the medical goes...that was a very quick appointment!

yes i was surprised too at the appointment for medical. The receptionist said Thursday and it took me aback a little so i said what days would be available next week and she said what days would you like? Then she added that the appointments for medicals for Canada and USA are between 12 and 1pm. So i thought hmm let's get it over with so made it for the Thursday. I asked her if i would have plenty of time to get the blood tests and xrays done and would I have to wait long for them. She assured me that I would be straight in for those, so no need to worry on the time frame.

So i guess they have a set HOUR to conduct the medicals for each country? whether it's a new thing they have introduced, i'm not sure. will be interesting when you make an appointment for yours what they say.

I have to admit I am very surprised at the speed everything is going.. I NOW wish it would slow down!! (oh my! did i REALLY say that?? after all this waiting to be approved and now its just zooming along and i can't keep up with it!. I'm not complaining but just out of breath keeping pace with it :star: )

so soo hope your package arrives this week!! :)

ROC

N-400

06/26/2012 - NOA date

Timeline

oh hun, i'm sorry, but soon, real soon :)

Edited by Michelle.S

695090abmqwhjcu2.gif

K-1 Timeline

08-05-2008 Sent I-129F

08-14-2008 Arrived at Vermont

08-18-2008 Cheque cashed

08-21-2008 NOA1 received

12-10-2008 NOA2 received

12-17-2008 Package sent to Auckland Consulate

12-30-2008 Packet 3 received

01-27-2009 Packet 3 returned

02-03-2009 Packet 4 received

02-10-2009 Intervew - visa approved

03-14-2009 POE Los Angeles

03-25-2009 Married :)

07/22/2009 Work Permit received

ROC

11/18/2011 I-751 packet sent to Vermont

11/25/2011 I-751 packet received at USCIS Vermont

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.