BritishGuy36

New UK Police Certificate process for US visas - you MUST read this!

79 posts in this topic

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks Jim.

It's weird on my documentation, I have two instructions on Police Certificates. One's the ACRO and there's another Public Subject Access PNC Record one.

I've applied for both just in case. I daren't return the interview readiness form without both, so i'll sit it out.

Hopefully the other one won't take 40 days as advertised.

Timeline
Thanks Jim.

It's weird on my documentation, I have two instructions on Police Certificates. One's the ACRO and there's another Public Subject Access PNC Record one.

I've applied for both just in case. I daren't return the interview readiness form without both, so i'll sit it out.

Mine took 40 days for the old style then when i got rejected i got the fast track on the new type and had it in three days, the new type of certificate will be the one that you need.

Timeline
Thanks Jim.

Mine took 40 days for the old style then when i got rejected i got the fast track on the new type and had it in three days, the new type of certificate will be the one that you need.

Thanks. It's just irritating that they've sent me instructions to do both, as i'm then obligated to do so. Very annoying... 40 day wait indeed.

Timeline

Just stumbled across this thread... glad I did.

I have my K1 visa interview in 10 days, but have the old "blue" police certificate. As I'm doing the medical the day before the interview which will slow the processing down anyway, does it make sense to just pay for the standard processing (35 quid), and tell the folks at the interview that I'll send the police certificate as soon as I get it (i.e., they'll probably get the police certificate and medical report at the same time).

Yes, it's only an extra 35 quid, but my account is in dollars, so it'll be pretty expensive for the 2-day service.

P.S: Do the police send the report to the embassy, or do I bring/send the copy the police send me (like the old "blue" one)?

Cheers.

Edited by phub11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

You bring the new one with to the interview, same as the old - it gets sent to your address.

I know it's so annoying that they give instructions for both, but you definitely need the new form from ACPO and not the old blue form. I had read earlier that they would accept the old form up until August 2008, but I don't know of anybody yet who's gotten away with it.

It costs a bit extra for SMS to come pick up the new form after the interview, as opposed to the £14 that you would otherwise pay to have them to bring your passport one way. Basically, if you go with the old form, you will get a piece of paper telling you to order the ACPO cert. Once the new form is received, you call up SMS and they set up a time to come pick up the police certificate and your passport. I think it cost us £25 - you then sit and wait! I suppose that's only £11 extra as opposed to the £35 extra to order 2-day service, but it does also mean being at home for SMS to come pick up your passport - and they give very large windows for when the courier will come.

We paid the £70 to expidite and it came on day three.

And Congratulations Wizard!!!! I know how stressful it was - take a deep breath now! :-) :star:

10/31/2004 - Sam and Nic Met in Thailand

03/18/2007 - Sam Proposed in Ireland

07/01/2007 - Mailed I129F

07/27/2007 - NOA1 - Petition received

12/05/2007 - NOA2 - Petition Approved

01/04/2008 - NVC approved and sent file to London Embassy

01/15/2008 - Case file erroneously sent to Dublin Embassy

01/18/2008 - London Embassy requested case file be returned from Dublin Embassy

02/04/2008 - Faxed Dublin Embassy for status update, Received response that Dublin would fwd case file to London TODAY!

03/07/2008 - Packet 3 finally sent from London

03/24/2008 - Packet 3 returned to Embassy via recorded mail

04/09/2008 - Medical appointment

04/21/2008 - Interview - sent new police cert via SMS 04/28/08

still waiting....

Timeline

i was rejected with the old certificate, get the new one fast if i was you. it might cost extra but you will have to pay for pick up of the new certificate by SMS. if you have the new certificate you will get your visa quicker.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.