Krikit

Do you venture into the Regional Forums?

Regional Forums  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Do you venture into the Regional Forums on a regular basis?

• Yes, but only my own Regional Forum.
    • Yes, my own and maybe one or two others.
    • I'm nosy. I want to know what's going on everywhere.
    • I read but don't post in the Regional Forums.
    • I don't read the Regional Forums.
  2. 2. Which Regional Forum(s) do you read on a regular basis?

• Africa: Sub-Saharan
    • Asia: East and Pacific (except China)
    • Asia: South
    • Canada
    • China
    • Europe and Eurasia (except the UK and Russia)
    • Latin America, Mexico, and the Caribbean
    • Middle East and North Africa
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • United Kingdom
    • I already told you... I don't read the Regional Forums.
  3. 3. Do some Regional Forums give you the impression that your posts are unwelcome? If yes, which one(s)?

• Africa: Sub-Saharan
    • Asia: East and Pacific (except China)
    • Asia: South
    • Canada
    • China
    • Europe and Eurasia (except the UK and Russia)
    • Latin America, Mexico, and the Caribbean
    • Middle East and North Africa
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • United Kingdom
    • Are you not listening? I don't read the Regional Forums!!!

46 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I always read the Australian one - which is found in the Asia: East and Pacific (except China) and the MENA because I can't resist...

Have also read and participated in the UK forum and found them all to be very nice and welcoming - but maybe cause I know so many of them?

Yeah...I'm totally with Lisa and Alex on the Russia one - those were some fun times ;)

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
I only read one thread on my regional forum (the Brazilian thread), and only occasionally. I most often go into the UK forum because I think the folks there are nice but I don't often post. I never would ever go into the Russian forums because they're really not into "intruders." ;)

:bonk:

:ranting: ."..................and STAY out!!........" :lol::lol: That's just silly.

But seriously....maybe it's just you. :lol: ............ :blink:

Sorry, J-S, I gotta agree with Alex on that one.

I think it's the only place the word 'interloper' was used :lol:

Meanwhile, I can't believe 9 peeps said the UK forum is unfriendly! I think we're really quite friendly, and tbh, I don't ever recall any 'this isn't your forum' nonsense in there....

I remember entering the Russian forum via the "recent posts" thing and being in a topic where Russian women were discussed as if they were a product at the local market. "My woman dumped me!" "Well, go get another. Here are some phone numbers." "Cheating on a Russian woman is ok. If they don't like it, I can always get another." etc.

I made the mistake of commenting on that. I was told to leave "their" forum and not return. Damn interloper.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

2-Cents...

Regional Discussion Forums are not broken out properly - rendering them pretty much useless for the described intent; unless it is one of the 'favored'/'power-house' countries, entire groups of not-necessarily-related countries are puddled together, relegating most country-specific topics/discussion to single (often 100s of pages long) threads. :protest:

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

As far as I know, all of us in the Canada Forum have always been kind and friendly to everyone who stopped by to post a comment or whatever. I have never seen anyone treated unfairly or told to "get out". :D

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm surprised at how many people feel the Canada forum is unapproachable. Maybe it's because it's so popular with the Canucks and the folks who love them that it's its own little self-contained forum.

I think I'll go post over there now. :luv:

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Someone mentioned using the recent posts feature...it's funny b/c I never use it. I just look at threads or sections that I am interested in reading and I am too lazy to sort through all new posts.

I look at my regional section(Asia: south) and sometimes one other. But I just look every couple days, not every day usually. I very rarely look at any other regional sections.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I can see how someone might feel unwelcome in the Canada forum. If you go to regional forum and take a swipe at the country or the topic, you are likely to get some protest (hopefully not impolite). I think that is normal :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I usually only venture into the UK regional forum, but i have once in a blue moon popped into the Canada forum to see what's been happening with my friend BH45 whom i've been friends with from Yahoo.

Separated!!

Filed: Other Timeline
2-Cents...

Regional Discussion Forums are not broken out properly - rendering them pretty much useless for the described intent; unless it is one of the 'favored'/'power-house' countries, entire groups of not-necessarily-related countries are puddled together, relegating most country-specific topics/discussion to single (often 100s of pages long) threads. :protest:

I think this occurs because loads of peeps use the Regional Forums in a manner in which they weren't really intended for.

I would like to see Regional Forums as a sub-forum to Consulates. I think it would help people find the type of information you speak of more readily. Many readers are of the impression that if they need to know something about their consulate, they can best get that answer in Regionals. While some things are consulate specific, the basic working foundation of the process isn't that varied. I'm convinced readers would have a better grasp of the consulate phase of the process if they weren't looking for their answers in our current Regional Forums.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I always stay in the mena forum for the regionals but lately I've been going to the subsahara one because they're wicked funny over there with a great sense of humor!!! I guess I don't venture out much because mena has immigration problems that really are specific to the area so I don't think I'd be much help in say the Canadian forum or the Asian forum.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Well, I did not find my Alla at the local market! :lol: Nor do I know many of the folks I routinely talk to that feel this way. :wacko:

I only read one thread on my regional forum (the Brazilian thread), and only occasionally. I most often go into the UK forum because I think the folks there are nice but I don't often post. I never would ever go into the Russian forums because they're really not into "intruders." ;)

:bonk:

:ranting: ."..................and STAY out!!........" :lol::lol: That's just silly.

But seriously....maybe it's just you. :lol: ............ :blink:

Sorry, J-S, I gotta agree with Alex on that one.

I think it's the only place the word 'interloper' was used :lol:

Meanwhile, I can't believe 9 peeps said the UK forum is unfriendly! I think we're really quite friendly, and tbh, I don't ever recall any 'this isn't your forum' nonsense in there....

I remember entering the Russian forum via the "recent posts" thing and being in a topic where Russian women were discussed as if they were a product at the local market. "My woman dumped me!" "Well, go get another. Here are some phone numbers." "Cheating on a Russian woman is ok. If they don't like it, I can always get another." etc.

I made the mistake of commenting on that. I was told to leave "their" forum and not return. Damn interloper.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
2-Cents...

I think this occurs because loads of peeps use the Regional Forums in a manner in which they weren't really intended for.

I would like to see Regional Forums as a sub-forum to Consulates. I think it would help people find the type of information you speak of more readily. Many readers are of the impression that if they need to know something about their consulate, they can best get that answer in Regionals. While some things are consulate specific, the basic working foundation of the process isn't that varied. I'm convinced readers would have a better grasp of the consulate phase of the process if they weren't looking for their answers in our current Regional Forums.

I agree and disagree with the statement I have bolded above. In the Canada forum, that assumption proves true, as the best and most specific information for our two Consulates / interview preparation has been well documented within its confines. But for other countries/regions, this is not the case and I can see Karin's point very well. Not sure how to solve it, other than some major re-arranging.

I take a gander at other forums if a topic I see on the "view new posts" screen perks my interest, but for the most part I stick with Canada.

I can see why sometimes people don't participate in other forums, as they may feel intimidated by the group that seems to already know each other quite well and may not seem to welcome newcomers or "intelopers" from other forums.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.