Krikit

Do you venture into the Regional Forums?

Regional Forums  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Do you venture into the Regional Forums on a regular basis?

• Yes, but only my own Regional Forum.
    • Yes, my own and maybe one or two others.
    • I'm nosy. I want to know what's going on everywhere.
    • I read but don't post in the Regional Forums.
    • I don't read the Regional Forums.
  2. 2. Which Regional Forum(s) do you read on a regular basis?

• Africa: Sub-Saharan
    • Asia: East and Pacific (except China)
    • Asia: South
    • Canada
    • China
    • Europe and Eurasia (except the UK and Russia)
    • Latin America, Mexico, and the Caribbean
    • Middle East and North Africa
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • United Kingdom
    • I already told you... I don't read the Regional Forums.
  3. 3. Do some Regional Forums give you the impression that your posts are unwelcome? If yes, which one(s)?

• Africa: Sub-Saharan
    • Asia: East and Pacific (except China)
    • Asia: South
    • Canada
    • China
    • Europe and Eurasia (except the UK and Russia)
    • Latin America, Mexico, and the Caribbean
    • Middle East and North Africa
    • Philippines
    • Russia
    • United Kingdom
    • Are you not listening? I don't read the Regional Forums!!!

46 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Sometimes I wonder if I'm missing anything interesting by not venturing into all the Regional Forums. But some Regional Forums I've been into I have gotten the distinct impression that my presence is unwelcome there. Hence, the reason for this poll. Does anyone read posts in every Region?

iagree.gif

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only use the "recent posts" thing. I never go looking through individual forums. If I see an interesting topic, I'll reply to it, sometimes only realizing later that it is in the Canada forum, the Russian forum, or whatever.

MENA used to be #1 for being told to go to your own forum; that you weren't welcome. That seems to have changed in the past few months.

I've never noticed that in the Canada forum (which I DO wander into some times, being a big fan of Canada). The worst I've seen for that so far has been the Russia forum.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

I only use the "recent posts" thing. I never go looking through individual forums. If I see an interesting topic, I'll reply to it, sometimes only realizing later that it is in the Canada forum, the Russian forum, or whatever.

I do that too. But I do tend to visit the Canada Forum and say "Hi" first, before I hit the "View New Posts" link and end up all over the place. I used to feel unwelcome in the UK Forum for a time. Which was especially hurtful because I'm from there. But I don't feel that anymore. My sense of belonging, perhaps, probably has more to do with getting to know the VJ regulars and feeling comfortable with them, than any real sense of them not wanting me around. You learn pretty quickly which ones are nice, which ones have a good sense of humour, which ones take everything too seriously, which ones are here to help, and which ones are just plain mean. That helps me come to terms with what I read in most posts on VJ.

Edited by Crikey!
iagree.gif

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

I read the Canada forum a lot because I'm so close to Canada (geographically speaking) and my Canuck friends are fun and nice :) I also read the MENA forum from time to time because I have a friend going through her K1 with an Egyptian. I attempt to read my own forum (Germany) but since I am not fluent in German sometimes I just feel lost there.

I've never felt unwelcome though, except occasionally in the UK forum. That's just particular rude members though, not an overall feeling.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I'm one of the nosy ones. I read all the forums. I tend to stick to posting in the Sub Saharan Africa forum but I also read the MENA forum a lot since I grew up there.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I only read one thread on my regional forum (the Brazilian thread), and only occasionally. I most often go into the UK forum because I think the folks there are nice but I don't often post. I never would ever go into the Russian forums because they're really not into "intruders." ;)

Edited by Alex+R

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I stay in the Canada Forum - it's friendly there, no judgmental attitudes and definately NO DRAMA! I venture out into the K1 Forum occasionally or to the Removing Conditions Forum since we're due for this in 2009, but that's it. As for other places....heavens NO! Especially Off Topic...not Canada's OT. :D

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

When I do check out the regional forum it's usually Latin America....but there doesn't seem to be many questions/discussions about Brazil so I don't check it everyday.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Mostly stay in the UK forum (since my questions are usually related to the embassy), but occasionally read the Canadian forum along with some others...

Never have felt unwelcome (other than a few people who I think would be rude to anybody)...

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I only read one thread on my regional forum (the Brazilian thread), and only occasionally. I most often go into the UK forum because I think the folks there are nice but I don't often post. I never would ever go into the Russian forums because they're really not into "intruders." ;)

:bonk:

:ranting: ."..................and STAY out!!........" :lol::lol: That's just silly.

But seriously....maybe it's just you. :lol: ............ :blink:

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

:bonk:

:ranting: ."..................and STAY out!!........" :lol::lol: That's just silly.

But seriously....maybe it's just you. :lol: ............ :blink:

Sorry, J-S, I gotta agree with Alex on that one.

I think it's the only place the word 'interloper' was used :lol:

Meanwhile, I can't believe 9 peeps said the UK forum is unfriendly! I think we're really quite friendly, and tbh, I don't ever recall any 'this isn't your forum' nonsense in there....