DeadPoolX

The Gun Control Debate

428 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Because Charles, I have absolutely zero interest in carrying a gun. Call me a nice easy target as you wish. Would you care to provide an answer or would you prefer to stall some more?

When I said 'where' I meant where as in on the person. I am also very interested in the parts about the speed of deployment and legal use. Thank you so much.

speed of deployment: ? scratch your lower back & point your finger.

legal use: if you seriously feel you are in harms way. no matter if someone has a ccl or not its not a license to shoot at will. you will still face the same legal actions if you use the firearm. its just a license to carry one.

7yqZWFL.jpg

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the ones who think law enforce officers are the only ones that should be legal weapons owners. Who did all of the killing at Kent State? Who did all of the killing at Ruby Ridge. What about Wounded Knee? :whistle:

I'd be curious to know what percentages of people who actually use firearms in the commission of a crime actually have a permit to carry a concealed weapon. My guess is that it is very low.

Hence, taking away the ability to lawfully conceal firearms, would'nt necessarily lower violent crimes, but would definetely hinder one's ability to defend him/her self.

21FUNNY.gif

Because Charles, I have absolutely zero interest in carrying a gun. Call me a nice easy target as you wish. Would you care to provide an answer or would you prefer to stall some more?

When I said 'where' I meant where as in on the person. I am also very interested in the parts about the speed of deployment and legal use. Thank you so much.

speed of deployment: ? scratch your lower back & point your finger.

legal use: if you seriously feel you are in harms way. no matter if someone has a ccl or not its not a license to shoot at will. you will still face the same legal actions if you use the firearm. its just a license to carry one.

Concealed carry, must be concealed to be carried. I have found the shoulder holster to be the most comfortable.

My concern is that to suggest that having a number of people dotted around campus etc who have conceald carry permits is somehow going to prevent the types of incidencts that sparked this thread is somewhat a red herring. It might have a deterrant effect to sane people, but I don't think the people who commit these kinds of crimes are particualrly sane. There is certainly no guarantee that allowing people on campus with concealed weapons will ensure that there would be somone in the right place at the right time to just pluck off a gunman before he has time to fire. At best, allowing this to happen will give students a false sense of security.

It may well be that the price society has to pay for the right of those who wish to own guns to do so is in fact having to accept that from time to time these sorts of crimes will take place.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

God these people annoy the hell out of me. WHY should anyone have to justify to anyone else here why they carry/own guns? It is the law that we can, so deal with it and leave your "Death Dealer!" ####### at home. Have you ever had a gun against your forehead, making a nice, 9mm round dent in the skin? I have. Was the gun against my forehead purchased legally? Probably not. Mine was. Had I NOT had my LEGAL handgun, I might be laying in a hole in Wyoming with a ventilated skull right now. So take your hanky-wringing "guns are bad!" ####### and shove it. Making guns illegal will only affect legal gun owners - the ones who need their guns to protect them from the people who DON'T buy their guns through legal channels.

I don't carry my guns everywhere, I don't "show them off", I don't hunt, I don't even target practice much any longer....but I still own guns and no one had better try taking them away from me.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

If you want to deal with the real dangers of guns in the wrong hands, I suggest this. Declare street gangs criminal organizations. Every single gang member should then be stopped, searched, and disarmed. Then search their homes and take all the weapons they have there. Also, end the idiotic War on Drugs, thereby eliminating the prime revenue source of gangs. You will then have removed the largest actual source of gun threats. Meanwhile, leave law-abiding citizens alone.

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Since nobody has mentioned this yet, I'll point out that there are numerous instances every year where having a legally-posessed gun saves people from harm without shots being fired. These stories rarely make the news, and a police report is rarely made in these cases. I was in one such instance myself, and I ended the situation with no shots fired and no injuries to anyone (including the perpetrator).

God these people annoy the hell out of me. WHY should anyone have to justify to anyone else here why they carry/own guns? It is the law that we can, so deal with it and leave your "Death Dealer!" ####### at home. Have you ever had a gun against your forehead, making a nice, 9mm round dent in the skin? I have. Was the gun against my forehead purchased legally? Probably not. Mine was. Had I NOT had my LEGAL handgun, I might be laying in a hole in Wyoming with a ventilated skull right now. So take your hanky-wringing "guns are bad!" ####### and shove it. Making guns illegal will only affect legal gun owners - the ones who need their guns to protect them from the people who DON'T buy their guns through legal channels.

I don't carry my guns everywhere, I don't "show them off", I don't hunt, I don't even target practice much any longer....but I still own guns and no one had better try taking them away from me.

Right on.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
I want to know where are all the responsible gun owners to take out a crazed psycho when something happens? Seems that is always the argument, that they will be ready to protect themselves and others, yet it's only the odd "granny shoots intruder" story tht you hear about. So where are all of the gun owners ready to protect us all...

Hee, most of these crazed killers attack at places where guns are banned. And if a responsible gun owner were there, he probably would not be carrying a firearm. If he is carrying a firearm he would not be a law abiding responsible gun owner.

Big misconception. It is not the responsibility of “responsible” gun owners to protect “Us All”. A responsible gun owner does not own a gun to protect the masses. Mostly, a responsible gun owner is one who accepts the responsibility of protecting himself/herself and his/her family when they are near.

If you (plural) are looking for protection from someone else, you could someday be very disappointed. It is very rare for a police officer to be at the scene of a crime much less a responsible gun owner. The only persons that are sure to be at the scene of a crime are the criminal and the victim. Criminals are lazy, If they think their intended victim will put up a fight, usually there won’t be a crime committed.

One of the best things I have done in my life is to teach my daughters how to use firearms. The youngest was 8 when she was taught. I go to the firing range twice a month and most of the time my youngest is with me. The older ones are with me less often since they are adults.

I will tell you that my daughters are not sheep. I am very confident in their ability to protect themselves. They have learned that they are personally responsible for their protection. And they don’t necessarily rely on a firearm for personal protection. They understand that not putting yourself in a position to be a victim is number one. And firearms are a last resort. They are basically armed with the intent to protect themselves.

In a nutshell. I did not become a responsible gun owner to protect you (plural). I became a responsible gun owner to protect myself and my family. If someday it happens that I protect you from a crime, feel blessed, because that was not, is not, nor will be my intent. If it is your personal preference to be a sheep, that is fine. Don’t expect me to be the sheepdog when the wolves come howling. I am not a sheepdog, I am an ant preparing for winter.

Edited by EKO1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Two of the weapons — the pump-action Remington shotgun and a Glock 9mm handgun — were purchased legally less than a week ago, on Feb. 9, authorities said. They were purchased in Champaign, where Kazmierczak was enrolled at the University of Illinois.

A pump action shotgun and a Glock.

Why are these legal?

I don't think this is what Ben Franklin and the boys had in mind.

Oh Really

"Where liberty dwells there is my country," and, furthermore, "They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty or safety." Ben Franklin :whistle:

Edited by EKO1

Two of the weapons — the pump-action Remington shotgun and a Glock 9mm handgun — were purchased legally less than a week ago, on Feb. 9, authorities said. They were purchased in Champaign, where Kazmierczak was enrolled at the University of Illinois.

A pump action shotgun and a Glock.

Why are these legal?

I don't think this is what Ben Franklin and the boys had in mind.

Oh Really

"Where liberty dwells there is my country," and, furthermore, "They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty or safety." Ben Franklin :whistle:

"Hang on Mr. Intruder with a handgun; I have to put another shell in my single-shot shotgun so I can try to protect myself. Too bad they banned pump-action shotguns. If they hadn't, I'd have more of a chance of protecting *bang* arghhhh......."

Or even better, since it would have been what the Founding Fathers envisioned.... let's only allow black powder rifles and handguns. Then you'd have a good chance against someone with a 9mm, wouldn't you?

Edited by Rocinante
Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

A gun just for rebeccajo. Does this make you 'feel' better?

(yes. it's real)

KittyRifle.jpg

ShootingKitty2.jpg

http://blog.riflegear.com/archive/2007/12/...s-cute-and.aspx

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Word.

I don't own a gun now but I have had many in the past. I will never agree to my right to own a gun to be taken away. And that includes a hand gun. I am a honest law abiding citizen and it is my right. If you want to take someones gun away take the criminals guns and leave me alone!

Take away the NEED for people to legally own handguns before you start trying to convince them that they aren't needed.

Seems like a basic concept to me.

(ie: shut down all sources of illegal guns first.)