490 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I got to Guayaquil no problems. They closed the airport down for 1 day after Ecuadorian Airforce took over the runways of the 3 major airports is what i was told. The police were planning a protest today but failed to do so. I guess it will be tomorrow. I know i'm staying in my house with the doors locked!

Guayaquil is hot right now! lol

Filed: Country:
Timeline

I got to Guayaquil no problems. They closed the airport down for 1 day after Ecuadorian Airforce took over the runways of the 3 major airports is what i was told. The police were planning a protest today but failed to do so. I guess it will be tomorrow. I know i'm staying in my house with the doors locked!

Guayaquil is hot right now! lol

That is good to hear! good luck tomorrow!

Timeline

I have two questions. Were you all asked for the certificado de movimiento migratorio del peticionario? If you look at the consulate's website, this seems to be a common reason for not approving right away. I am only going to be in Ecuador for 4 days (really only two because of travel), so it is going to be a bit difficult to get it.

Also, what time did you generally leave the consulate? Instead of flying into Guayaquil, I am thinking about flying into Quito and taking LAN to Guayaquil, but I need to know what time I should schedule the flight from Guayaquil to Quito. I would prefer not to take the last flight, because I will be flying Quito-USA the next morning. If I bought a 6PM flight, would that work?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
What happened vis-a-vis the visa, dude? The deafenance is silencing.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

I have two questions. Were you all asked for the certificado de movimiento migratorio del peticionario? If you look at the consulate's website, this seems to be a common reason for not approving right away. I am only going to be in Ecuador for 4 days (really only two because of travel), so it is going to be a bit difficult to get it.

Also, what time did you generally leave the consulate? Instead of flying into Guayaquil, I am thinking about flying into Quito and taking LAN to Guayaquil, but I need to know what time I should schedule the flight from Guayaquil to Quito. I would prefer not to take the last flight, because I will be flying Quito-USA the next morning. If I bought a 6PM flight, would that work?

I really dont know what el certificado de movimiento migratorio del peticionario is. I was born in Ecuador so i dont know if thats why they didnt ask me for that. Sorry i cant help you with that question.

My husband and i left the consulate around 11:30am but it seems like it all depends on how many people they interview that day.

Timeline

So they approved my husband's visa without a problem :D . The Consul actually told me i gave her enough proof and i was so organized with it lol (I just posted my entire experience in the Ecuador review link)

I just wanted to tell you guys that I met a guy and girl that were interviewed that day as well and they were without the spouses (the american citizens) and both of them were approved as well. BUT they asked them a lot of questions and made them sit down and wait some more. They even asked the girl for her email to look for her facebook profile and since they couldnt find it, the girl ended up giving them her facebook loggin information, but they approved her at the end :)

My husband is actually coming to the US today. I need to go pick him up at the airport tonight :dance:

Timeline

I really dont know what el certificado de movimiento migratorio del peticionario is. I was born in Ecuador so i dont know if thats why they didnt ask me for that. Sorry i cant help you with that question.

My husband and i left the consulate around 11:30am but it seems like it all depends on how many people they interview that day.

Thanks! I think that I am going to buy a 7:30 flight to Quito, which should give me plenty of time to get out of the consulate, pick our stuff up at the hotel and get to the airport, I think. I imagine that we will get out much earlier, but I don't want to take a risk. Congratulations on getting approved!!

Timeline
So they approved my husband's visa without a problem :D . The Consul actually told me i gave her enough proof and i was so organized with it
Congratulations, si man!
I just wanted to tell you guys that I met a guy and girl that were interviewed that day as well and they were without the spouses (the american citizens) and both of them were approved as well. BUT they asked them a lot of questions and made them sit down and wait some more. They even asked the girl for her email to look for her facebook profile and since they couldnt find it, the girl ended up giving them her facebook loggin information, but they approved her at the end
They took a real chance that I would neither take nor recommend taking, no man.

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hello!

I am still waiting for approval for my I-129F here in California but I do have some questions about the consulate process.

I know my fiance is supposed to get the medical done before we schedule an appointment at the consulate but I want to know how long is it good before it expires? Should he wait for us to get the NOA2 before he gets the medical done? I'm hoping to make the appointment scheduling happen as quickly as possible because I have only limited times that I can go down to visit him. I also saw that some people got their appointments scheduled much faster (and cheaper) via email than with the $12 pin line. I would like for the appointment to happen before my semester starts in January so I don't miss any classes. (NOA1 date 7/16 so it might happen), and I'm hoping I can email them and schedule it during that time.

Is it true that I should not contact them until after my petition has been sent from the NVC? They won't know who I am or have anything to tell me if I do, correct?

Also, I'm wondering about contacting my congress person. It is somewhat dangerous for my fiance where he is right now and I don't have any way to help him. I just want him to come here and be safe and I don't know how to get our packet expedited or if we could even qualify... I went to Ecuador last week to visit him and it was so difficult to walk into the Airport to come home. What can I do?

Thanks for your help :-)

Malia

I-129F package sent: Jul 7th 2010

Package received at CSC: Jul 9th 2010

NOA1: Jul 16th 2010

NOA2: Nov 30th 2010

Packet 4 letter received: Dec 27th 2010

Medical done: Jan 3rd 2011

Interview: Jan 24th 2011 - APPROVED!!

Passport with K-1 visa received: Jan 29th 2011

POE: Feb 2nd 2011 in Houston, TX - cleared without problems :-)

Married!: May 2nd 2011

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Bump - previous poster has unanswered questions, please, si man.

Timeline

Hello!

I am still waiting for approval for my I-129F here in California but I do have some questions about the consulate process.

I know my fiance is supposed to get the medical done before we schedule an appointment at the consulate but I want to know how long is it good before it expires? Should he wait for us to get the NOA2 before he gets the medical done? I'm hoping to make the appointment scheduling happen as quickly as possible because I have only limited times that I can go down to visit him. I also saw that some people got their appointments scheduled much faster (and cheaper) via email than with the $12 pin line. I would like for the appointment to happen before my semester starts in January so I don't miss any classes. (NOA1 date 7/16 so it might happen), and I'm hoping I can email them and schedule it during that time.

Is it true that I should not contact them until after my petition has been sent from the NVC? They won't know who I am or have anything to tell me if I do, correct?

Also, I'm wondering about contacting my congress person. It is somewhat dangerous for my fiance where he is right now and I don't have any way to help him. I just want him to come here and be safe and I don't know how to get our packet expedited or if we could even qualify... I went to Ecuador last week to visit him and it was so difficult to walk into the Airport to come home. What can I do?

Malia

Sorry, for some reason I never saw this. To be honest, I do not know the answers, but have always found that the consulate responds very quickly (usually two business days) to the types of questions that you have. I have heard that you want to get it within 30 days of the appointment and that it can take a week for the beneficiary to receive the envelope, so I would recommend between 4-3 weeks before. However, I have no idea if the 30 days thing is really true or not.

There is no reason that you cannot contact them with general questions, like scheduling through email or questions about the medical exam. Give them your case number and explain the stage that your case is in. They won't answer any specifics about your case, but that is not what you are looking for. Your fiancée could also call one of the clinics that does the exams if he has any questions. I contacted the consulate multiple times before our case got to NVC through email. Make sure that you send it to their immigrant visa email address, or they will not respond.

I doubt that your congressman will be able to be of much help in expediting your case, but I suppose that you never know. My wife has been robbed (once with a gun) several times in quito since we have been married, so I think that a lot of people could make the same argument. He is not applying for refugee status.

I don't think that the consulate will be very sympathetic to the fact that you do not want to miss classes...there are a lot of people in the same boat (I chose to defer grad school for a year in order to not deal with that problem, although there were additional factors as well).

Edited by Indy90

Timeline

How did your interview go, dude? The deafenance is silencing, si man... also, we never heard back from Jeremy12095, no man.

Timeline

How did your interview go, dude? The deafenance is silencing, si man... also, we never heard back from Jeremy12095, no man.

Jeremy12095 interview went well! They approved his wife's visa! :)

Timeline

Hello!

Malia

Like Indy90 said, I suggest that you or your fiance calls one of the 2 doctors offices and ask them about the medial exam just to be sure.

And I really doubt that they are going to expedite your case because your finace is in a very dangerous place, I was robbed in Ecuador once at gun point. It seems like thats a "normal" thing to happen in Ecuador so they are not going to make a big deal about it :mellow: About your classes, they dont really care, trust me I missed a mid-term exam because i needed to go to our interview. It was easier to talk to my professor about it than to try to contact the Consulate and re-schedule.

Oh and I did contact the Consulate via e-mail before my case was even over there and they did helped me with all my general questions. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey everyone sorry its been so long!!! I posted my embassy review on my profile, it wasnt as bad as i thought. It took a very long time though!!!! When I got married I had to stay in Ecuador for 75 days straight, and I had to go to my consulate and they gave me a single status affidavit, then the Corporacion Registro Civil de Guayaquil made me get a Movemento Migritorio, and made my wafe make a sworn statement attesting we are a legit couple. But after that we got married.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.